Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I looked through some earlier pages and found no sign of it - but this Contradiction game... Wasn't Tim Follin of 'blasting your face off with Pictionary music' fame involved in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Samovar posted:

I looked through some earlier pages and found no sign of it - but this Contradiction game... Wasn't Tim Follin of 'blasting your face off with Pictionary music' fame involved in this game?

Yup. Baggy Cat is Follin's studio. They also made "At Dead Of Night".

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
Finally catched back up to the thread. And i am so Happy, Chris Sallyd got a honorary mention last video.

I heard a lot about contradiction, but seeing it in action is a lot and its great

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Sorry for the delay between videos, caught a flu the day I left from my vacation and took a long time to get around to recording this because of that. All's good though, not the covid, am healthy and will be back on pace again.

I just want to say thank you again to my twitch and patreon supporters that let me spend money to make silly edits that crack up Guava and hopefully everyone that watches my videos. Thanks everybody!

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I'm pretty sure that bit in Bradford's opening blurb about there being another operative down here to assist has always been a Red Herring, probably a line that should have been cut/changed that got missed. He always says it in this mission type, and there's never someone there.

EDIT: Sorry Guava, not sure what city that is - assuming it's based on a real city at all. :P

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 1, 2022

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

BlazetheInferno posted:

EDIT: Sorry Guava, not sure what city that is - assuming it's based on a real city at all. :P

You had ONE JOB, first-person-to-post-after-the-video-was-posted!!!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Guava, antagonizing my viewers. :sigh:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
It would be funny if the first soldier death is just simple mistake.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BlazetheInferno posted:

I'm pretty sure that bit in Bradford's opening blurb about there being another operative down here to assist has always been a Red Herring, probably a line that should have been cut/changed that got missed. He always says it in this mission type, and there's never someone there.

I think you can actually have someone down there as well. It is just a random chance based on the reward screen.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The only time I've had "help" appear on this (or any other non terror/lost recovery) mission is when I have the unrelated resistance orders that spawn in random guys.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The only text I could make out on that subway map was "W Andrew Town". I was not able to find that subway, but I did find the world's largest mallard duck, which I think is more interesting, and worth a stop on your next trip to Alberta: https://www.travelalberta.com/us/li...of%20Edmonton).

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Flair posted:

It would be funny if the first soldier death is just simple mistake.

That's usually how my troopers die

I might love this game, but I'm not super good at it

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Just a quick little video with a perfectly normal Guava Moment and definitely not some sort of last minute replacement Guava because I lost my original Guava Moment.

Fun fact: The mission complete poster is totally missing from my computer. No idea what's going on. It loads up in game, I click open in game and it loads up the folder with the other 139 images I've made during the LP but that image above, that one in particular, not there. No idea where it is. Game still displays it. It has to exist somewhere. But hell if i know where. I just took a screen shot to get this post with it made.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Having seen your streams before Jenner last minute replacement Guava is actually being restrained, I'm surprised.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Hey, while I try to find the real Guava Moment, have this video of pre-recorded Guava Moment.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

NGDBSS posted:

Having seen your streams before Jenner last minute replacement Guava is actually being restrained, I'm surprised.

That's because she lasted about 4-6 minutes on the first take before she got way to raunchy for me to post that take.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I, GuavaMoment, would guess that something like this happened:

"Mr Solomon, we need a lost swarm to appear in the early stages of this ambush mission"
"Ok, just run the CallLostFunction"
"We can't, that requires an explosion, like a grenade..."
"Then make a soldier offscreen throw a fake grenade to call the function"
"We can't guarantee the animation won't play on screen!"
"gently caress IT, SHIP IT, YOLO 420"

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Jesus Guava gets really thirsty when he doesn't have some beverage for him to drink on stream.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Jade Star posted:

That's because she lasted about 4-6 minutes on the first take before she got way to raunchy for me to post that take.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Zushio
May 8, 2008
The turn before throwing the grenade the same soldier burst out of a door while you were moving someone else.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Random question: Did Ousire even have a grenade on him when he got sent out on the covert op, or did he just magically pull a grenade out of his rear end? If it was the former I could see something like an accidental misclick causing the grenade throw. If it was the latter, then goddamn it Jake Solomon, stop abusing the dark arts.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Jade Star posted:

Just a quick little video with a perfectly normal Guava Moment and definitely not some sort of last minute replacement Guava because I lost my original Guava Moment.

Fun fact: The mission complete poster is totally missing from my computer. No idea what's going on. It loads up in game, I click open in game and it loads up the folder with the other 139 images I've made during the LP but that image above, that one in particular, not there. No idea where it is. Game still displays it. It has to exist somewhere. But hell if i know where. I just took a screen shot to get this post with it made.
I am surprised the poster is not "Bonk, Go to Horny Jail" or "Fix your game, Jake"

Jade Star posted:

Hey, while I try to find the real Guava Moment, have this video of pre-recorded Guava Moment.

Due to the actors' overacting from an earlier episode, I realized a contradiction right away during a cutscene. I guess that was a purpose of the overacting aside from the entertainment value.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Flair posted:

I am surprised the poster is not "Bonk, Go to Horny Jail" or "Fix your game, Jake"

Well I make the posters at the time of recording. Commentary comes later so i don't have the benefit of knowing what will be said for the posters.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
Well now we know who Jade installed the thirst mod for.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I felt a disturbance in the force. It was if a million voices called out for meme poke party and were suddenly silenced.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I know it's by nature of the fact that the covert ops will only have a group of 2 or 3 soldiers only that they only made the one "ambush" type mission that can appear. But I do wish they had made something other than a City filled with Lost and 1 pods worth of Advent spread out over it.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

The Shame Boy posted:

I know it's by nature of the fact that the covert ops will only have a group of 2 or 3 soldiers only that they only made the one "ambush" type mission that can appear. But I do wish they had made something other than a City filled with Lost and 1 pods worth of Advent spread out over it.

For a second there given how he commented on it, I was wondering if the Warlock was going to show up; can the Chosen pop into these missions? Seems like that could get ugly.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

MadDogMike posted:

For a second there given how he commented on it, I was wondering if the Warlock was going to show up; can the Chosen pop into these missions? Seems like that could get ugly.

different Missions have different chances of being ambushed, jsut like capture or wounded. it ususally tells you when you select it. it also has to be in the area the Chosen operates in, iirc. but yes, they can show up in these missions, but are often more annoying then dangerous, since they still go along their usual behaviour, which is not effective while you just haul rear end away from them.

maybe the assassin is the most dangerous since it feels like she can teleport

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Guava bringing up pirate metal: In addition to Alestorm there's also Rumahoy, and their lead singer Captain Yarrface. There's probably plenty more bands but that was just off the top of my head, and Yarrface has guested in at least one Alestorm song (Tortuga).

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Hey guys, it's getting a little harder to find fresh Guava Moments lately so sorry for the slower updates. I got a good episode for you here though, so grab a snack and a rootbeer and enjoy a needlessly long mission in the ADVENT sewers while I chat with Guava about things we've briefly mentioned before but have plenty of time to talk about in detail on this mission.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the repeater and banish combo is great for Chosen and Ruler hunting.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Finally, another cameo line

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

What if this game took a swerve into the Occult?!? Wouldn't that be awesome.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Been slowly catching up with the LDR seasons with some friends, so far we've only gone halfway through Season 1.
There's a lot of hit and misses in it.

The Yoghurt one is pretty much "What if an AI ruled the world but its biological instead" and one of the weakest on I've seen so far.
Although not as predictable as the "Government suit visits weird guy in junkyard" episode. I feel you could predict what happens based just on that.

Beyond Aquila Rift though was a sold Twilight Zone style episode and one of the highlights so far.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Jade Star posted:

What if this game took a swerve into the Occult?!? Wouldn't that be awesome.

I thought it already had with black scrying mirrors, self-opening doors, etc.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I said something stupid and need to correct myself. I, GuavaMoment, correctly stated I hate Seth MacFarlane humor. I then stated that The Orville is bad because of it. I need to shut my whore mouth because The Orville tones down the humor type I hate after like 4 episodes. I think Seth needed to trick Fox that he was making 'Family Guy in space', and once the Fox execs weren't looking, he changed and made the Star Trek show he actually wanted to make. Case in point, the humor is all but gone entirely in season 3. Orville's good!

Cooked Auto posted:

Been slowly catching up with the LDR seasons with some friends, so far we've only gone halfway through Season 1.
There's a lot of hit and misses in it.

Loved 'Lucky 13' about a group of space marines on a drop ship, and 'Zima Blue' about a recluse planetary artist. Jade mentioned 'Sonnie's Edge' which is also a really good one.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

GuavaMoment posted:

I said something stupid and need to correct myself. I, GuavaMoment, correctly stated I hate Seth MacFarlane humor. I then stated that The Orville is bad because of it. I need to shut my whore mouth because The Orville tones down the humor type I hate after like 4 episodes. I think Seth needed to trick Fox that he was making 'Family Guy in space', and once the Fox execs weren't looking, he changed and made the Star Trek show he actually wanted to make. Case in point, the humor is all but gone entirely in season 3. Orville's good!

Loved 'Lucky 13' about a group of space marines on a drop ship, and 'Zima Blue' about a recluse planetary artist. Jade mentioned 'Sonnie's Edge' which is also a really good one.

Totally agreed, I hated the first few episodes of Oreville but it's turned out lovely.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

GuavaMoment posted:

Oh yeah, Lucky 13 and Zima Blue are absolute bangers that i just didnt think of at the time.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So far we've managed to see 9 episodes, with The Dump being a boring... dump.
Out of those Sonnie's Edge and Beyond the Aquila rift were the good best ones, with the rest being middling to boring.

I think the one I hated the most was the vampire one just because it has an unnecessary plot twist leading into a smash cut into black ending. Followed Good Hunting that is ruined by both an unnecessary twist into steam punk and a smash cut into black ending.

Hopefully our schedule on friday will be good enough to watch some more episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Contradiction continues to be a treat. I'm eagerly waiting to see if Jenks has to do anything even vaguely resembling an action scene once we finally get a confession.

And yes, Jake Solomon, fix your game.