Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

I am so excited to show this part off, it took... quite a bit of research and long conversations with my biologist wife to make something somewhat plausible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Forming's pretty good even book form. :3

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Nice! I've been thinking of picking one up myself, how's the book?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pretty nice, large size, goes up til the page where cain licks the magic rock so a fair chunk of it too.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

My new favorite comic.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Emzedoh posted:

I think he's just enthusiastic about corn.

what's not to love? He's slingin hot corn and sippin cool beer!

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Mind Muggers 1
Mind Muggers 2
Mind Muggers 3
Mind Muggers 4
Mind Muggers 5

Mind Muggers 6

Mind Muggers 7

Mind Muggers 8

*Record scratch*
Klara: You may be wondering how I got into this situation...

Talking character deaths: 12 (+2; I forgot to count the eaten headlings earlier)
Deaths altogether: 39+
Dead vice presidents: 3
Minds mugged: 2 (+2)

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Aha, in the last comic I thought Lyndon was trying to protect Trixy and Audrey, but now it's clear his mind mugger was just trying to save them for itself. It's a lot clearer now that they just get the memories and personality but provide their own motivation.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Shirley

Miss Bennett seems to have come to a bit of a realization.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Check out Mrs. Pick's face, it's a study in performative misery.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

ms bennet doesnt have a maid she has a slave. to the guillotinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
we skipped Accidental Space Spy and went straight to Accidental Child Slaver

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tfw you realise you accidentally enslaved a child

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

By popular demand posted:

Check out Mrs. Pick's face, it's a study in performative misery.
Yeah there's some amazing faces in this.
Like this one \/

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

tfw you realise you accidentally enslaved a child

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Nice Van My Man posted:

Aha, in the last comic I thought Lyndon was trying to protect Trixy and Audrey, but now it's clear his mind mugger was just trying to save them for itself. It's a lot clearer now that they just get the memories and personality but provide their own motivation.

I also just had the thought that maybe it's more difficult to control hosts with stronger base urges or survival instincts, which is why the rabbit host could be distracted with a carrot.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

tbf this is the Victorian era, child slavery isn't really an accident

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

My first thought of the people-seed...

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

Shirley

Miss Bennett seems to have come to a bit of a realization.

God, this is just aggressively :kimchi:

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

e-dt posted:

The little corn salesman loves to drink the beer

One imagines it is work he can do from bed, the poor old fellow.

MOLLY PLEASE CLEAN THAT UP AND FIX THIS GENTLEMAN A NEW TACO
Three really strong strips. Cornelius' dialogue is always such a good contrast to the other characters.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Seventeen Seven years later, Tummy Tuck Jack is terrorizing London, and Joost has grown into a young man built like an absolute brick shithouse! Three men tackle him during football but don't even slow him down! He passes to God!

Read right to left:

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Aug 21, 2022

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I'mWhomp is back. Thanks to Selklubber and MontagueTigg for posting while I was away

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

With both of their eyes popping out like that it looks like the hammer has its own set of unattached eyes.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

They look like they're in the Tull Army

This was their idea of a big trick until they noticed the dirty movie

The car of pain is something all can imagine, all can imagine this

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

In this update, Yoshida has an idea.

Funnily enough, I used to be in similar situation as the elderly couple on the last page. The first apartment I lived in when I was working in China was street facing. Below me, there was an office of indeterminate purpose that would line up its workers pretty much right under my bedroom window every morning and have them shout motivational chants. I couldn't make out a fair bit of it, but the most commonly repeated phrase was "I'LL HELP YOU, I'll HELP YOU!" ("Wo bang ni, wo bang ni).

Bonus pages:

Coughamericanstateflagscough

Chapter 9: The Apprentice, Yoshida and the Courier

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Mind Muggers 5
Mind Muggers 6
Mind Muggers 7
Mind Muggers 8
Mind Muggers 9

Mind Muggers 10

Mind Muggers 11

Mind Muggers 12

Talking character deaths: 12
Deaths altogether: 40+ (+1 mind mugger)
Dead vice presidents: 3
Minds mugged: 2

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

forming
173-177

last time: the adversary gets spooked and we enter nommo's dream

themis is not part of nommo's dream, incidentally. she's gazing up at michael's tears which are still loving incoming

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Slimy Hog posted:

I think I found Ronnie's SA account

Ronnie would have said "I'm bad"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: God runs the ball all the way into the endzone for the game- and season-winning touchdown! Joost and God share a moment of victory, but Joost can't let go of the past and his suspicions about God's involvement in whatever happened to Eren and Despair Pants! God reveals that he has not given up on his goal to enjoy Joestar's rear end!

Read right to left:

Freeze frame! The end! Everyone lives happily ever after!

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 17:01 on Aug 22, 2022

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

It's becoming clear that the life forms portrayed bear only a passing resemblance to humans and only at this current stage of their life.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Shirley

Looks like Shirley had forgotten about her salary, too. As for how much she's actually getting paid—there's a closeup of the coin in the upcoming pages, and knowing Mori it's definitely a real English coin from the Edwardian era, but I'm not entirely sure which one. Perhaps some coin expert can weigh in when we get a closer look at it. Or someone who knows what a fair salary would be for a maid in the Edwardian era.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Uncle Enzo posted:

It's becoming clear that the life forms portrayed bear only a passing resemblance to humans and only at this current stage of their life.

https://twitter.com/thejadedguy/status/844352570470645760

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

KennyMan666 posted:

Looks like Shirley had forgotten about her salary, too. As for how much she's actually getting paid—there's a closeup of the coin in the upcoming pages, and knowing Mori it's definitely a real English coin from the Edwardian era, but I'm not entirely sure which one. Perhaps some coin expert can weigh in when we get a closer look at it. Or someone who knows what a fair salary would be for a maid in the Edwardian era.

I'm not a historian, but this website (here) says that the first housemaid earned on average 30 pounds per year, which is about £2,500 (or, according to anotyher calculato, £4,000) in today's money. Not a lot!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Uncle Enzo posted:

yeah and it largely feels like inertia, like if any of them stopped and considered the possibilities maybe something freaky would happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Philippe posted:

I'm not a historian, but this website (here) says that the first housemaid earned on average 30 pounds per year, which is about £2,500 (or, according to anotyher calculato, £4,000) in today's money. Not a lot!

I dunno if being the sole servant in a small household would even be comparable; "First Maid" would be a low level supervisor position in a household large enough to have a hierarchy of servants.

Considering Shirley's age and Miss Bennett's relatively modest means (by middle-to-upper class standards), I'm guessing that's a £1 sovereign for a month's salary. Double sovereigns were very rare, and £2 would have bought a petite child a very nice pair of shoes so Miss Bennett wouldn't have much reason to be skeptical Shirley could afford them.