Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
It’s always hard to predict those spots because ST matters so much more than position ability. At best you can kinda predict it based on who generally is playing on the most number 1 ST units in practice. But Davis is a penalty magnet so cya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Love looked decent tonight despite a ton of drops from his receivers. Some really nice throws.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

oshuaj posted:

Love looked decent tonight despite a ton of drops from his receivers. Some really nice throws.

Yea, I was at the game and he had some off throws but not nearly as bad as before. He looked like a totally fine mediocre NFL QB.

Once Aaron dies his power will be passed on to him and he will be unstoppable.

Also many people appreciated my Jordy Nelson Jersey that I taped Doubs over.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
holy poo poo the packers recivers do not have hands

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Good Will Hrunting posted:

holy poo poo the packers recivers do not have hands

I dunno if five drops in a game by the entire receiving corp, getting targets from the second string QB is the worst thing I've ever seen dude

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
In fun undrafted player news, the Packers might be forced to keep Caleb Jones on the roster instead of the practice squad. What’s fun is the guy is an absolute mountain of a man at 6-9, 370 pounds. You would be worried about protecting the edge but he skimmed down to 340 and so far his 7 foot 2 inch wingspan is holding up. And as you can imagine dude just pancakes guys in the run game.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Big Beef City posted:

I dunno if five drops in a game by the entire receiving corp, getting targets from the second string QB is the worst thing I've ever seen dude

? They've been awful all pre-season

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Hand Row posted:

In fun undrafted player news, the Packers might be forced to keep Caleb Jones on the roster instead of the practice squad. What’s fun is the guy is an absolute mountain of a man at 6-9, 370 pounds. You would be worried about protecting the edge but he skimmed down to 340 and so far his 7 foot 2 inch wingspan is holding up. And as you can imagine dude just pancakes guys in the run game.

An even bigger version of Yosh? Jesus.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
:siren: THE LIONS HAVE WON A FOOTBALL GAME :siren:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

:woop:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hand Row posted:

He looks like the Andy Reid in the punt pass kick picture standing next to linemen who are already huge guys. It’s insane.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Also THIS:

https://twitter.com/DetroitOnLion/status/1561082249847644160

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Having not watched the game, I choose to believe Jonathan Taylor got every carry

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Pontius Pilate posted:

Having not watched the game, I choose to believe Jonathan Taylor got every carry

He didn’t play.

The Lions did some stuff, though.

https://twitter.com/erikschlitt/status/1561088150109392900

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Print the got drat t-shirts:

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1561093232821403648

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Roquan Smith ended his hold-in and returned to practice today.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

HootTheOwl posted:

He's a tour de force on Very Cavelleri

He literally is the reason that show was good

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Good Will Hrunting posted:

? They've been awful all pre-season

I think it was bad at times, for sure, but the whole 'Lament of Aaron' thing has been woefully overplayed imo. Of all things, the LOCAL media is like 'Jesus it's fine', and has even gone around to other markets (nationwide? even possibly) to say as much.

Most specifically I'm thinking of Marques Eversoll doing a tour, but I know for a fact, from having to listen a LOT more than I normally do to the local shows, that they're basically on the same train. No one is saying these guys are wonderful angels with sparkling hands. Just that the "Oh my GOD" narrative is overblown. And they're right.

They're fine.

And if they and by extent I end up being wrong about it and they suck, then I'll be screamin' with you. But this last game wasn't an example of it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Probably the most important news all offseason:

https://twitter.com/PeteDougherty/status/1561390508114644994

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i miss him
https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1561389992420806657?s=20&t=sDIWzZJHLx0IjF6p9KU-cQ

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/1561381867353432064?t=-fS0cEywZ7WkAftWT5RbUA&s=19

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I got that same thing in the mail about two weeks ago and it was done post-draft. It didn’t even include Chark on the list of free agent signings.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Gotta admire his ability to turn “nothing” into “more complex and stupid looking nothing”

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm torn between "normal" Good, and Palpatine "Gooood".

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Finally got around to Hard Knocks ep 2. How has Roderigo looked in preseason/practice, this episode is really playing him up?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

SKULL.GIF posted:

Finally got around to Hard Knocks ep 2. How has Roderigo looked in preseason/practice, this episode is really playing him up?

Best linebacker on the team (damned with faint praise). Might be decent. I don't see how he can cover TE at his size though.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Hype train is convinced he is going to start, I guess we’ll see.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Devastating news for that one poster who loves Kellen Mond: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1561718633553956865

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bakh was back in practice today, baby.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

surf rock posted:

Devastating news for that one poster who loves Kellen Mond:

lol Vikings are an entire hot mess, unbelievable, etc.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm not sure needing to trade a seventh round pick for someone to be a backup QB because your rostered options are garbage falls into hot mess territory

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not sure needing to trade a seventh round pick for someone to be a backup QB because your rostered options are garbage falls into hot mess territory

Given that the Raiders agreed, it seems likely that they were going to cut him next week, so it's a 7th rounder for ~2 weeks of additional practice time. OTOH, it's just a 7th rounder and QBs always take a long time to get up to speed :shrug:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao I was reminded of this today lol

quote:

CHICAGO - Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs reiterated Tuesday that he will not play another down for the Chicago Bears and is ready to sit out next season after they designated him as their franchise player.

"There are a lot of different options, a lot of different decisions, that could happen as the season comes closer," Briggs told ESPN. "But that's one of those options."

That came a day after he told Foxsports.com: "I've played my last snap for them. I'll never play another down for Chicago again."

The franchise tag guarantees Briggs $7.206 million next season — the average of the top five salaries for players at his position — but it also deters other teams from signing him. The Bears could match any offer for Briggs or receive two No. 1 draft picks.

If he sits out next season, the Bears could use the franchise tag again.

A third-round draft pick from Arizona in 2003, Briggs earned $721,600 in the final season of his first contract after he reportedly rejected a six-year, $33 million offer last spring.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

lmao I was reminded of this today lol

And he never played another down for the Bears. Just like Roquon!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I genuinely can't remember the last time a Packers rookie -- let alone rookie WR -- has had this much hype. Clay Matthews? Jaire didn't really get hot until partway into the season. Maybe Lacy?

https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1561816524175843328

edit: https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1561746126411386883

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 22, 2022

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This is either going to be the epitome of never listen to pre season hype or bears fans are gonna be really mad

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is either going to be the epitome of never listen to pre season hype or bears fans are gonna be really mad

Zay Jones 2.0

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Probably Lacy yeah. Too bad his rookie Pro Bowl year ended up being his best.

Greg Jennings probably had the most receiver training camp hype where everyone basically said this guy is gonna be the real deal.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I'm like 99% sure that Doubs either gets injured in the first few weeks or has a super inconsistent drops-filled season, but we desperately needed to come away from this year's draft with an exciting WR prospect, and if the one we got at the end of the 4th round turns out to be that guy, great.

It's not realistic that we'd get a Chase who would be a #1 receiver as a rookie; LaFleur and Rodgers are gonna have to patch a lot of WR3-type guys together into something functional this season. Hopefully Doubs and/or Watson can be top receiving options in the next 2-3 years and chip in something this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t personally see a difference between losing by an extra touchdown or two, or having the game be clearly over by halftime instead of the usual “we can still salvage this if Rodgers somehow gets trapped in the locker room” scenario, so I wish the kid well. As long as Rodgers is a factor Bears fans are going to be miserable in any case.