Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

oh jay posted:

What I'm most interested in are the two sleeper agents (?) on page 11.

Yeah I can't tell if they're sleeper agents or just intensely disturbed by whatever Skeptic is putting out but that could be because I've had a hard time parsing some of the panels in the past year or so. .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

FireWorksWell posted:

Yeah I can't tell if they're sleeper agents or just intensely disturbed by whatever Skeptic is putting out but that could be because I've had a hard time parsing some of the panels in the past year or so. .

Those people were shown to be sleeper agents all the way at the beginning of this arc just before the battle got started.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Rhonne posted:

Those people were shown to be sleeper agents all the way at the beginning of this arc just before the battle got started.

Whoops, I missed that completely.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Uuuurgh. Like, I get what the manga is trying to do, the issue is that it is doing it pretty badly. About the only "twist" that did not elicit annoyed groan in me was the sleeper agent thing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I don't really get how Dabi apparently has such a bad constitution that his flames destroy his body, but he also has a good enough constitution to do things like imitate Phosphor.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I don't really get how Dabi apparently has such a bad constitution that his flames destroy his body, but he also has a good enough constitution to do things like imitate Phosphor.

He’s going plus ultra!!!!1!!1!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

They're really going to have to reveal that AFO gave him a little extra something like Spinner, because it's loving nonsense.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
considering he's a screaming fiery skeleton I don't think he's no-selling his flame usage

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It's possible that that's going to be how they reverse this by revealing that a) AfO is reversing himself out of existence and only has a short amount of time to operate at his 'peak' and that b) Dabi is going to burn himself to ash just to try and kill Shoto. La Brava hacking Sceptic is a good shout. I'd love it if Gentle shows up and stalls AfO out as well, just for the hilarity of him essentially getting beaten by the shittiest villain ever.

Bakugo gets saved by, I guess Overhaul?

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 21, 2022

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Stars and Stripes blocks ShigAFO from being able to stop the rewind so they just Singularity themselves into oblivion seems pretty dumb but I'm sure the actual ending will be way worse.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fabricated posted:

considering he's a screaming fiery skeleton I don't think he's no-selling his flame usage

He's been a fiery skeleton for the entire fight though. How much longer is this going to last? 5 Namekian minutes?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

oh jay posted:

He's been a fiery skeleton for the entire fight though. How much longer is this going to last? 5 Namekian minutes?
We're operating in final arc manga battle time, so it has probably been single digit minutes in time since he showed up, started melting, then got turned into a popsicle for a minute after punching Shoto twice. It's been a really short fight but we cut away to do the fight that should've been real actual lead-in to the climax for some reason

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Also, over in X-Men, Magneto recently had his heart torn out by Thanos's paler, Eviler Daddy, and he got over it by using his Quirk Mutant Powers to keep his blood circulating... somehow

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FilthyImp posted:

Also, over in X-Men, Magneto recently had his heart torn out by Thanos's paler, Eviler Daddy, and he got over it by using his Quirk Mutant Powers to keep his blood circulating... somehow

Grand Uncle, but yeah. I think Magneto built a replacement heart out of metal or something.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

MonsterEnvy posted:

Grand Uncle, but yeah. I think Magneto built a replacement heart out of metal or something.

Aww it would've been funnier if he just used the iron in hemoglobin to keep his blood flowing but I guess that'd just be his red blood cells.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Pssh. Amateur. In Chainsaw Man

Denji ripped out his own heart nearly two years ago to win a fight. He then used Power's blood to circulate automatically to keep going until he could put his heart back.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oh jay posted:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-363/chapter/25106?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013862

Basically one long villain monologue split up between 3 people.

What I'm most interested in are the two sleeper agents (?) on page 11.

So Kido and Onima are dead, huh. Wonder if Burnin' is next.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

So Kido and Onima are dead, huh. Wonder if Burnin' is next.

Man, if Endeavor Agency randies are dying, then it's a big sign that death isn't going to be sticking to anyone.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Am I supposed to know who that is in the last panel this week?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

that's all for one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StFtczS19EY

Kild fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 21, 2022

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Obviously he roll a nat 20 on a constitution save.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

That is All for One

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Last time we saw Deku, he had ran into something while flying his way back to UA. Considering we didn't see what it was during this whole "everything is going to poo poo" montage, I have to assume it was help of some kind? Not sure who could show up at this point to turn things around though. The international heroes? Koichi? Would be funny if those villain sleeper agents just get knocked out by Knuckleduster and the Vigilante crew hanging with the civilians. Maybe Death Arms will be there too and be inspired to be a hero again.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The angle on everything there seems so confusing. It read at first glance he was like a ghost self in the sky, looking down on them. But that's obviously not the case (?).

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

So who got left behind at UA to defend the civilians?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

So who got left behind at UA to defend the civilians?

I'm not sure there were any. I think those bunkers were supposed to take them to Shiketsu through underground tunnels, but it looks like Skeptic is bringing them back to the surface now.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Maybe we'll see Inasa, Camie, and... I don't know, loving Meatball again then. Because I assume Hori's not going to let Skeptic's thugs just start carving through civvies like foxes in the henhouse. That'd make for a super loving depressing ending if the good guys beat the bad guys but all their families are dead.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They're gonna get stopped by everyone's mom.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Deku finally meets his dad

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Woozie66 posted:

The angle on everything there seems so confusing. It read at first glance he was like a ghost self in the sky, looking down on them. But that's obviously not the case (?).

The scene changes to Hawks and Endeavor (who were fighting All For One) as a mysterious man who just so happens to have the same lettering and speech bubbles as All For One and Shigaraki, and also Hawks literally addresses him as All For One.

I wonder who this could be.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

oh jay posted:

The scene changes to Hawks and Endeavor (who were fighting All For One) as a mysterious man who just so happens to have the same lettering and speech bubbles as All For One and Shigaraki, and also Hawks literally addresses him as All For One.

I've narrowed it down to Sarge or Rosemary the telephone operator.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Electric Phantasm posted:

They're gonna get stopped by everyone's mom.

Moms are tough

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I believe the Shiketsu students are at their respective school which is where the shelters are supposed to go from UA if poo poo goes sideways.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hatty posted:

Moms are tough

Mom Hero Academia

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

oh jay posted:

Hey! I knew it was AFO. I just meant the positioning of AFO was confusing.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

All For One's face immediately made me think of that guy from Black Clover. The king or something?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SKULL.GIF posted:

All For One's face immediately made me think of that guy from Black Clover. The king or something?

Julius, the Wizard King?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anyways I fully believe Shiragaki will overthrow AFO's control at the cost of his life thanks to Deku's speech, and then Shiragaki will develop a time travel quirk but be unable to use it because he's dying, so he'll teach it to Deku (who can learn it because he has OFA), and Deku will use the quirk to travel back in time and punch AFO and Shiragaki, undoing the deaths of Bakugo + all the other supporting cast and instantly defeating the main villains.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Anyways I fully believe Shiragaki will overthrow AFO's control at the cost of his life thanks to Deku's speech, and then Shiragaki will develop a time travel quirk but be unable to use it because he's dying, so he'll teach it to Deku (who can learn it because he has OFA), and Deku will use the quirk to travel back in time and punch AFO and Shiragaki, undoing the deaths of Bakugo + all the other supporting cast and instantly defeating the main villains.

and then Deku's dick will pop out and everyone will point and laugh

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CharlestonJew posted:

and then Deku's dick will pop out and everyone will point and laugh

Ha ha Deku's deku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Remembering when Bakugo was a tactical genius who had incredible awareness of his surroundings and in the last fight he just had guns that shot more explosions and now the two major villains and the main character all have a dozen different quirks each that are ill defined enough they could do absolutely anything and it's the least creative fighting in the series so far