Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

They have zero reason to be loyal to Vince after all that, and he's never going to be running the company ever again, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they're just waiting to get past SummerSlam to start making some changes that are a bit more significant
ehh... 👋

last I checked, Vince isn't majority shareholder and hasn't been for some time, but he still has majority control of the voting shares, which as I understand it means he elects the board of directors, and the board of directors appoints the CEO and other executives

he still has his hands in the pie if he wants to
the board could remove him as CEO, but technically he could replace the entire board with whoever he wants

obviously there's some reason he's not doing that, and we can only speculate, but I wouldn't assume he doesn't still have plenty of weight to throw around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cubone posted:

ehh... 👋

last I checked, Vince isn't majority shareholder and hasn't been for some time, but he still has majority control of the voting shares, which as I understand it means he elects the board of directors, and the board of directors appoints the CEO and other executives

he still has his hands in the pie if he wants to
the board could remove him as CEO, but technically he could replace the entire board with whoever he wants

obviously there's some reason he's not doing that, and we can only speculate, but I wouldn't assume he doesn't still have plenty of weight to throw around

Given that the SEC and feds are apparently looking into these hush money payments he made, I'm pretty sure Vince has a lot bigger things to worry about than whether someone said "wrestler" instead of "superstar" or if they bury Theory or some other wrestler he likes

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
wild that vince is including the federal government and internet news websites in his works now.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I don't think there's any way vince would try to push his way back in now, he took this avenue (resigning but publicly calling it retirement) because it was his best avenue to distance himself from some major problems without it looking too dishonorable. It probably involved a lot of stern warnings and very disagreeable board members allowing him to take this path instead of forcing him to take one that would look far worse for him. I'd be shocked if he had many allies on the top who would let him pull the strings still, and he knows how vulnerable he would be if he tried to fire the board and replace them with one more amenable to letting him back.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

jsoh posted:

wild that vince is including the federal government and internet news websites in his works now.

Well, he DID get Trump in the presidency to usher in the Fattitude Era.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Trump's next inauguration will be at Wrestlemania. After being sworn in he'll piledrive Undertaker, give Stone Cold a stunner and take the mic to pardon Vince.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Bonzo posted:

Trump's next inauguration will be at Wrestlemania. After being sworn in he'll piledrive Undertaker, give Stone Cold a stunner and take the mic to pardon Vince.

I still love seeing Trump take a stunner, geez it's hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBWk9ivHpo

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

put heyman in charge

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

put heyman in charge

They really should let him book one of the two big shows

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Elephant Ambush posted:

They really should let him book one of the two big shows
I wouldn't let him near the finances though

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

FCKGW posted:

put heyman in charge

Do you want infidelity angles? Because that's one of his hallmarks.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

FCKGW posted:

put heyman in charge

heyman and stephanie are supposedly tight, so this is a real thing that might happen

always fall upwards

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I won't believe that Vince is done loving with WWE creative until I see his dead body wheeled out of a medical facility and placed in a coffin-like structure.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I won't believe that Vince is done loving with WWE creative until I see his dead body wheeled out of a medical facility and placed in a coffin-like structure.

:same:

Although it does look like things are pretty grim. It might behoove Vince to fake his death again by getting into a limo that explodes.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
HHH telling Michael Cole what to say through a headset while Vince is on speakerphone telling HHH what to say to Michael Cole

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Elephant Ambush posted:

HHH telling Michael Cole what to say through a headset while Vince is on speakerphone telling HHH what to say to Michael Cole

Vinception

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Bogus Adventure posted:

:same:

Although it does look like things are pretty grim. It might behoove Vince to fake his death again by getting into a limo that explodes.

Dunno, I'm hearing something about Vince texting Roman Reigns that his dogs are in the pool area or something?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I don't think Vince is the type of person to own pets. He wouldn't want to take care of them and if he tried he'd gently caress it up because he's a sociopath

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't think Vince is the type of person to own pets. He wouldn't want to take care of them and if he tried he'd gently caress it up because he's a sociopath

So I 100% agree with you when it comes to regular pets, EXCEPT I can also definitely see him having a god complex that leads to him caring for Sea Monkeys for an inordinate amount of time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

And even then it might be a work. Check Trump to be sure.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
discovered what undertaker's theme wouldve sounded like if made by MC Hammer, from Wrestlemania: The Album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo1rvx8zRTw

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Elephant Ambush posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol vince got fired

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol vince got fired

lmao and then his daughter brought her husband back immediately

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Screeeww you, you're firrreed! :vince:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Shawn Michaels is the VP of Talent Development Creative now.

DX won.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FCKGW posted:

Shawn Michaels is the VP of Talent Development Creative now.

DX won.

The Clique won.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I still love seeing Trump take a stunner, geez it's hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBWk9ivHpo

I think the only stunner worse than that is the one Vince took at this past WrestleMania. If nothing else, Vince has taken them before and has no excuse for doing it so badly.

Vince is probably still better at delivering Trump's catchphrase at least.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

The Real Amethyst posted:

Screeeww you, you're firrreed! :vince:

HE’S GONNA
HE’S GONNA

HE’S GONNA PUUUKE

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"We make movies."

*chews on water and swallows it*

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
After reading the effort posts in this thread I couldn't get enough wrasslin talk and now I am reading Mick Foley's book. This guy...uh....talks about his dingus a lot. Like.......maybe too much??

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Literally A Person posted:

After reading the effort posts in this thread I couldn't get enough wrasslin talk and now I am reading Mick Foley's book. This guy...uh....talks about his dingus a lot. Like.......maybe too much??

Mick knows his audience

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Elephant Ambush posted:

Mick knows his audience

*my monitor flashes on erasing my grizzled visage*

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

Have you gotten to the part where Diamond Dallas Page goes into a rage and starts mashing chocolate chip cookies into Mick Foley with his bare rear end?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
The blackly funny part.

If Vince hadn't basically gone "YOU'RE WEAK, DESTROYED" with Triple H over the NXT/AEW and heart problem issues, I think when this came out and Vince was 'retired', Triple H would have kept more of how Vince did things out of respect.

But he basically kicked Hunter while he was down and then kicked him to the curb due to impossible psychopath logic, so now Hunter has a reason to undo all of Vince's nonsense.

But of course, the actual deep irony is that 40 years ago, Vince basically got his father's main aides (Gorilla Monsoon, Arnold Skaasland, and another guy I can't remember) on his side and leveraged his father out of the WWF. History repeats, except it's even more ironic because 1) Vince should know better, he did this himself, and 2) Just like before, it was basically because of the Vince's own actions (With Vince Sr likely being forced out because Vince Jr was so embittered over being abandoned to his trailer park trash upbringing).

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DangerDummy! posted:

Have you gotten to the part where Diamond Dallas Page goes into a rage and starts mashing chocolate chip cookies into Mick Foley with his bare rear end?

Not yet.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

To be honest with you, I feel very badly about spoiling that for you now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cornwind Evil posted:

The blackly funny part.

If Vince hadn't basically gone "YOU'RE WEAK, DESTROYED" with Triple H over the NXT/AEW and heart problem issues, I think when this came out and Vince was 'retired', Triple H would have kept more of how Vince did things out of respect.

But he basically kicked Hunter while he was down and then kicked him to the curb due to impossible psychopath logic, so now Hunter has a reason to undo all of Vince's nonsense.

But of course, the actual deep irony is that 40 years ago, Vince basically got his father's main aides (Gorilla Monsoon, Arnold Skaasland, and another guy I can't remember) on his side and leveraged his father out of the WWF. History repeats, except it's even more ironic because 1) Vince should know better, he did this himself, and 2) Just like before, it was basically because of the Vince's own actions (With Vince Sr likely being forced out because Vince Jr was so embittered over being abandoned to his trailer park trash upbringing).

It's been a while since I read up on things, but IIRC Vince Sr. wasn't forced out; he agreed to sell the company to Vince Jr., on the condition that if Vince Jr. missed a single payment on the installation plan they'd agreed to, the then-WWWF would return back to Vince Sr. As a result, Vince Jr. took out a shitload of loans in order to pay his dad off quickly. Vince Sr. kept his end of the bargain, sold the company to his son, and retired to Florida because A)he was almost 70 years old, and B)unlike his son, he wasn't an insane micromanaging workaholic psychopath. He also died two years later from pancreatic cancer, so maybe he already knew by then that he didn't have a lot of time left.