Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
T30 and SS arcee are so similar that it really takes a side by side before you start noticing just how much is different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I don't think anyone posted this, but there are official pictures of Core Class Rumble (Blue) and :drat:

https://tformers.com/transformers-studio-core-class-86-rumble-blue-official-images-details/46980/news.html

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He's perfect

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Elbows would be perfect

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Did we agree that we think he will fit in Soundwave/Blaster?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
We've seen it happen.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, it’s a complete redo of the siege tape mould. One of the masterpiece designers helped.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sick, getting that then.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Last Call posted:

Do you love Transformers?
Do you love UK Stamps?

Then order up bucko's.

https://shop.royalmail.com/special-stamp-issues/transformers

I ordered the Transformers Limited Edition Prestige Stamp Book, it's limited to 1984 copies.

It can go with my 3d Optimus Prime coin.

Those Wildman stamps are actually boss as hell

"boss as hell", stamps, what have I become??

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Phy posted:

"boss as hell", stamps, what have I become??

An adult, I'm afraid. Source: I get excited when my grocery store has my favorite hand soap in stock.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, it’s a complete redo of the siege tape mould. One of the masterpiece designers helped.

He probably thought he was making Frenzy.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Elbows would be perfect

This is Combiner Wars Devastator all over again!

(Yes of course I'm hitting this (Blue) fella.)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

An adult, I'm afraid. Source: I get excited when my grocery store has my favorite hand soap in stock.

Me screaming in a target, transformer in one hand, my favorite socks in the other.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
So are all the movie studio series core class bots gonna come with backdrops? Wish they all did.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think they just have backdrops printed onto the packaging material and not as seperate inserts.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

DoctorWhat posted:

I think they just have backdrops printed onto the packaging material and not as seperate inserts.

Yeah but none of the other core class dudes I bought had backdrops - the packaging was pretty plain. I was just wondering if this will be a thing going forward.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhymenoserous posted:

Me screaming in a target, transformer in one hand, my favorite socks in the other.

ADULT SPOTTED

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/1561726406115135488?t=1S_FPDedKsaKtNb4kGFOnA&s=19

These notes include a pitch for a Scavengers story where he refers to Grimlock as the “r-slur”, for “lack of a better word”.

So, you know.

gently caress James Roberts.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So the DNA Designs upgrade kit for Legacy Menasor is up at BBTS and... this one isn't too impressive, IMO. The kit mostly seems to be justification for the articulated hands. I feel the gun is a lost cause, it's fine as a turret, and the chest plate and shoes are... nice, I guess.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I would definitely have preferred a straight up replica of Motormaster/Menasor's G1 gun.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I've only been dipping my toes in IDW TF stuff here and there (I've read pretty much all of the stuff Nick Roche wrote and some random other stories) but one thing I've noticed is that during what a lot of fans seem to feel is the best era of IDW TF (i.e. Phase 2) you basically had a situation where the main writer and the main editor were the same guy (John Barber), facilitated by having another guy (Carlos Guzman) serve as editor specifically only on stuff Barber was writing while Barber edited stuff written by everyone else, and from a lot of reactions I've seen a lot of cracks started to show once Barber stepped down as editor (right at the start of the Revolution stuff) and initially Guzman started editing everyone else's stuff (before being replaced by a guy then-freshly promoted from being an assistant editor)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Check your Netflix Soundwave, lads. From Reddit:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The_Doctor posted:

Hey, is that some cool new deco they made for him? Gold legs, that's kinda differ- Oh. OH. Oh dear.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

The_Doctor posted:

Mine is fine, I've seen that sort of staining before, It looks like they've done a sloppy wash and then cleaned the dried excess off with a little bit of alcohol (Possibly hand sanitiser) to help.

If they're in a room where someone smokes it can stain surprisingly fast.

They've also done some in with a marker, which can also cause staining.

Don't be lazy with your washes, people!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yeah it looks like they just didn't get good depth on the grey parts, which is not unexpected what with washing over bare plastic TBH.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

I dunno, I'd almost count this as a Task Failed Successfully. I think the gold limbs is a good look for him. But I'd understand if the OP wanted to get mad about it.

E: Soundwave Alchemy Edition, leave him on your shelf and watch the lead-colored parts turn gold!

Phy fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 25, 2022

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Thars gold in them thar thighs

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
He's infected with GPS!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is R.E.D. Shockwave supposed to be out yet? I saw that PvP has a review up but that doesn't mean anything. Pulse UK lists it as sold out already.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Pulse UK lists stuff as sold out before it goes on sale. I don't know why they do it but it has made me very sad in the past, only to then realise I was stupid and didn't need to be sad at all.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Dabir posted:

Is R.E.D. Shockwave supposed to be out yet? I saw that PvP has a review up but that doesn't mean anything. Pulse UK lists it as sold out already.

He is. I saw him the other day here in Iowa. Almost got him as he looks surprisingly good, but ultimately passed.

Edit: Sorry, missed the UK bit. He's out in the States.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So the DNA Designs upgrade kit for Legacy Menasor is up at BBTS and... this one isn't too impressive, IMO. The kit mostly seems to be justification for the articulated hands. I feel the gun is a lost cause, it's fine as a turret, and the chest plate and shoes are... nice, I guess.

The giant sword and the hands are cool. The chest plate and the giant shoes are....fine, I guess? I don't think Menasor needs the added height and the existing chest doesn't need a replacement imo, but they're fine. The attempt at trying to combine the turret stand and the gun is just hopeless though, yeah. If there was some sort of replacement gun for the combined mode, or some sort of shell for the existing gun to turn it into a bigger gun, then I'd be down with it. I do at least appreciate the attempt they made to try and make the turret stand work, but it just looks like poo poo.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Found some cool bots. Was hoping to find Wildrider and Tarantulus along with Elita, but someone beat me to them. And, MEGATRON RULZ.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I just found a MiB reveal the shield lugnut at a flea market, and I got a friend in England to ship me a Cosmos. Life is good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhymenoserous posted:

I just found a MiB reveal the shield lugnut at a flea market
goddamn, you lucky devil

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Imagine getting a hold of a Netflix Soundwave and just destroying it with panel lining like that.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Anora posted:

Imagine getting a hold of a Netflix Soundwave and just destroying it with panel lining like that.

People enjoy toys differently. How dare they!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Anora posted:

It's better than that mess they were trying to pass off as "battle damage" on the Siege toys.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I feel that those modifications to that Netflix 'no look o akay. If it's a form of damage control based upon factors your can't account for, you could do a lot worse.

My MP-10 is Year of the Horse Optimus' Prime, though, so YMMV.

Hey, if YMMV stands for Your Mileage May Vary, what do they say in countries that primarily use kilometers instead? Or is it just an American phrase.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

YoTH Prime legit owns, and I wish more primes had that color scheme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Awww, I just watched Thew's TFNation video and he has a pretty lady friend and it just makes me smile to know he's happy.