Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m a gamer, not a videogamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Make them “video games” and “not video games”

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Been trying to get “veegees” off the ground for years

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

hatty posted:

Videos Games

Passersby

haveblue posted:

Make them “video games” and “not video games”

At least this would look less weird

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kid Vid's Entertainment Emporium

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm a gamer, I'm a straight up g, the gamer life is the life for mii

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Let's call them Digi-plays

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
petition denied

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Have you ever thought about how movies is a shortening of "moving pictures" and actually sounds kinda weird

games would be responsive pictures, or "respies"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looper posted:

petition denied

another qcs success story

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

rename games to Vidcons

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Everyone should play Cult of the Lamb, my children

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rename the forum VideoGames and it's just posts about Veeg from now on

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Deep down in your hearts you all know I'm right, dammit.

But fine, have it your way. I'll find a way to persevere.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rename Games AND Traditional Games both "Nintendos"

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Rename Games AND Traditional Games both "Super Nintendo Chalmers’ Forum"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I think having to grind side activites and the lack of mission checkpoints are gonna kill Saints Row 1 for me. There's been a good joke or two, but there's too much tedium for too little reward.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 22, 2022

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

stratdax posted:

Just based on the context of the entirety of human history it's weird to consider the default definition of games, as a word, as video games.

To be fair, this does make sense to me now, but a while ago the Games forum had Traditional Games within it so it was all encompassing.

Now it is purely a Video Games sub forum with TradGames being moved up.

Maybe it is due for a little update.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Make sports a subforum of games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I always found it interesting how discussion of sports video games is mostly in an SAS subforum

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think it should be renamed DPPH. I just randomly chose those letters. But it's shorter than Games so it is better. Catchy, too.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Waltzing Along posted:

I think it should be renamed DPPH. I just randomly chose those letters. But it's shorter than Games so it is better. Catchy, too.

Don’t Pursue Pricey Hobbies

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

VideoGames posted:

To be fair, this does make sense to me now, but a while ago the Games forum had Traditional Games within it so it was all encompassing.

Now it is purely a Video Games sub forum with TradGames being moved up.

Maybe it is due for a little update.

It's a load bearing oversimplified title, you can't change it

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
In personal gaming news, my Super Mario 64 journey, aside from that clip of me failing to get into a window, has been progressing pretty well!

It was really supposed to be a couple of hours just trying it out on Friday evening but it turns out good games if you power through your own inadequacies, are still good games. I have 3D depth perception problems and, as it turns out, a broken left thumb that does not move the way my brain thinks it does. (I think I am moving the stick left when I am actually moving it closer to up and slightly left.) This is why I struggle so much with 3D platforms. I am the problem.

However, Super Mario 64 is pretty generous (not as generous as Kirby Automata) with movement and landing and so forth. :)

I have gotten 68 stars so far! 52 to go! Though I am concerned for quite a few. My attempts at rainbow ride were abysmal. My struggle with the wing cap was equally as awful and was the last one I did. I did them blue, green, red. Really liked the Blue cap level!

It is always nice to be surprised to like a game I thought I would struggle with. Always. Especially when the struggling does not really matter in the long run. Yes, failing to jump into holes and windows all added up throughout the course of my current 11 hour playtime would probably equal close to 10 minutes, but it is funny and you have to laugh at your own ineptitude :)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

videoed games

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anyone got their hands on or seeing anything bout the new Saints Row?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

A Sometimes Food posted:

Anyone got their hands on or seeing anything bout the new Saints Row?

The Boss creator is fun, and Nerd³ seemed to enjoy the bit they played of it.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Jay Rust posted:

Been trying to get “veegees” off the ground for years

"interactives"

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

"digital solitaire"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Digital Dungeons & Dragons but with lasers

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

cheetah7071 posted:

Make sports a subforum of games

lol i recently found out that all the sports game posting happen in the sports forum it blew my mind

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Call them Interactive Consumer Engagement Opportunities.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tennis For Twolikes

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just playing around with icons.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Vectors of engagement for microtransaction opportunities.

VEMOs for you and me

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
owns

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I missed a colour.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

PC gaming pink, of course!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Had a real rich weekend of gaming where I finished Pillars of Eternity 2 except not the two DLCs that don't give you party members. Really ended up enjoying the game and story and hanging out with my good friend Eder for 70 hours.

After that I booted up Neon White and started from the beginning again because the first time around I was not particularly paying attention to the story stuff since I just wanted to go fast. It's at least mildly interesting enough of a story to string me along clicking happily as a break from spamming the same level to get .001 seconds to beat one of my friends, which is far and away the best part of the game. It's so fun and satisfying to get a level down and find the fastest way from A to B, even if it isn't necessarily the most immediately obvious route.

I also booted up Pathfinder Kingmaker and make a cute little paladin who is going to have adventures because I always need to be playing some sort of CRPG or I feel a deep and unsettling anxiety.

Started Kiwami 2 as well. Not many thoughts on that yet, however it is nice to be beating up thugs and delinquents and helping a sniffly busker find tissues as my friend Kazuma Kiryu. I am going to become the kind of darts in Sotenbori.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

lol i recently found out that all the sports game posting happen in the sports forum it blew my mind

Considering those threads get about 3 posts a week, they probably ought to move them back to the video games forum