Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

stronger monsters kicks rear end aside from three bosses that are overtuned nd the quadraslash fight which is actually broken

yeah there's a few fringe fights like that where it makes it very clear that stronger monsters just wasn't really playtested at all lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah there's a few fringe fights like that where it makes it very clear that stronger monsters just wasn't really playtested at all lol

its a shame the game never saw a single update or dlc or anything. one of the things i was most excited about was the modern possibility of more stuff being added

the psycho in me wants to learn the pc modding tools and make the bob edition of dqxi for my imps.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

its a shame the game never saw a single update or dlc or anything. one of the things i was most excited about was the modern possibility of more stuff being added

the psycho in me wants to learn the pc modding tools and make the bob edition of dqxi for my imps.

dq11 is already pretty beefy, i'm pretty sure you dont need to stretch it out :troll:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

dq11 is already pretty beefy, i'm pretty sure you dont need to stretch it out :troll:

Indeed, there’s a wide variety of stuff to do

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

They released a Definitive Edition, Bob.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Indeed, there’s a wide variety of stuff to do

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

They released a Definitive Edition, Bob.

https://voca.ro/1nMJN8A1QR8J

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

https://youtu.be/4W0pUdQguhk&t=119s

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

once erik gets his 2nd tier ground spell he is critical. i just realized on this playthrough that its bleed and super useful for bosses, i never used this any other run and the autobattle AI will absolutely never use any of eriks spells no matter what lol

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Erik ftw, his status effect exploiting knife skills are great for rushing bosses down in the early game and once he gets his skill that triples his next attack and unlocks some of the later boomerang skills he's great for both clearing out giant groups of enemies and destroying bosses. it took me a while during my own harder monsters run to remember that I could swap weapons during battle so I probably spent too long not realizing how versatile some of the characters can be

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I got Erik to do like, 4500 damage in a single turn against the final boss with the knife skills. He's ftw.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Holy poo poo... changing weapons in battle never occurred to me. I may have to play this again.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

I got Erik to do like, 4500 damage in a single turn against the final boss with the knife skills. He's ftw.

in the postgame theres an island full of 10+ hammerbro encounters that drop strength seeds and I uh, got really bored on my switch lv.99 file and got hero to 999 strength and quadraslash nuked the wish bosses lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Holy poo poo... changing weapons in battle never occurred to me. I may have to play this again.

It's a strat in every DQ game ever homie. You could revisit the entire series and have a blast.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

It's a strat in every DQ game ever homie. You could revisit the entire series and have a blast.

I'm going to need a moment.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You can also use some weapons/armor as items in battle without having them equipped

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

lmao

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Arrhythmia posted:

Lol

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Act I stronger monsters done. now for my second favorite part of the game, followed by the part they made just for me

quick resume jacked up my save time and i have like 300 hours in this file lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rab fight in a2 is really rough on stronger monsters. i can see why a lot of ppl struggle

some tips: since you have to hit rab a flat 7 times and atk doesnt matter, go sword and shield and stack a lot of DEF

dont kill rabs shadows. they are weak to sleep and kasnooze will put em out. if rab is about to nuke, use moreheal or pop defend to reduce the dmg to under 100. this is a fight you might wanna pop a fullheal item on too

wristorative in cobblestone helps a ton and saved me from eating dirt a couple times. upgrade w multibash spam (you will run out of stamina any other way). semper games.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

shouted so hard when I beat jade+booga on the 4th attempt it scared my inlaws and prompted a family intervention

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

shouted so hard when I beat jade+booga on the 4th attempt it scared my inlaws and prompted a family intervention

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shouted so hard when I beat it to Jade that it scared my in-laws.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

cleared this up by showing them a picture of Jade

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

extremebuff posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Plebian Parasite posted:

lmao

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

awoooga

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

extremebuff posted:

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beat super calasmos. incredible game.

stronger monsters is great if u played dragonquest 3 and enjoyed being bullied by some harsh bullshit lol. hope dragonquest 12 is great.