Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

Goal: some kind of neat moth
Lao Tzu lived in a HUT, and ate STRAW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWifnmvxag

Guy talks about the original series finale of KotH

along with some reveals, like hank not actually being born in New York and Bill Never stealing a tank.

also heres the cut version of the ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZbCWbj4_Yg

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 18, 2022

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
My daughter's school just launched a mindfulness room with mindfulness education, basic CRT-stuff.
So I wrote a quick script to spoof a number and call the school with Dale's message to Peggy 5 times a day every day.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Which message?

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

King Carnivore posted:

Which message?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTa6fWgl7us

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

2nd Amendment posted:

My daughter's school just launched a mindfulness room with mindfulness education, basic CRT-stuff.
So I wrote a quick script to spoof a number and call the school with Dale's message to Peggy 5 times a day every day.

Basic-CRT stuff? They still give a poo poo about Critical Race Theory?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Detective No. 27 posted:

Basic-CRT stuff? They still give a poo poo about Critical Race Theory?

Teaching about tube tvs so they don't get clowned on by old people. Also VCR/VHS, floppy disks and rotary phones. It's all here in my youtube channel

Or they meant CBT. No the other one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Reddit says Tilly was adulterous? The gently caress they talking about, I don't recall it

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They never implied she cheated on Cotton (though she absolutely should have.) She wasn't married to Gary, but she did cheat on him with Chuck. That whole episode's resolution was that she wasn't exactly the saint that Hank had remembered her as.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

They never implied she cheated on Cotton (though she absolutely should have.) She wasn't married to Gary, but she did cheat on him with Chuck. That whole episode's resolution was that she wasn't exactly the saint that Hank had remembered her as.

no saint could have ever drawn the eye of Cotton Hill

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Cotton and Gilbert were an item

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Topsy would sit in the corner and cry softly

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Rewatched the barber episode, never caught before that when Bill mentions Hank having a scar behind his left ear it’s a callback to an earlier scene of Cotton nicking child Hank’s head when he’s doing his terrible helmet haircuts.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The earlier seasons definitely attempted to have some sort of continuity

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/fuckeduptats/status/1561392413356212227

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I grew up around the area KOTH takes place in, and I'm not sure how you could do a reboot while ignoring things like how dale would 100% be into qanon.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Every part of Dale is already scrubbed of the ps. It's the Jews parts of conspiracy culture so you'd just have Dale be really into something equivalent to all the funny parts of Qanon.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Dale would reject Q-Anon for being amateurish and contradicting his own conspiracies but Peggy (and maybe Bill) would be loving pilled to the gills

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kalli posted:

Every part of Dale is already scrubbed of the ps. It's the Jews parts of conspiracy culture so you'd just have Dale be really into something equivalent to all the funny parts of Qanon.

The primary joke of Dale is predicated on the idea that conspiracy mongers are generally harmless, and I don't know if that's a premise for a joke that works so well these days, especially if they go Q anon with him. I suppose they'll have to continue to have it so that his deal is still far too niche to be a threat.

The secondary joke of Dale is that for all his conspiracy theories he can't see what's right in front of his face, in terms of his family. That still has legs.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Like koth is how I remember that area growing up, but when I go home its lifted trucks with trump flags rolling coal, and the dale gribbles have signs on their property threatening to shoot game wardens on sight

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If they make Dale be into conspiracies in the same way he'd have a rant about how certain supposed government agents posting on certain message boards about certain billionaire businessmen and Benghazi are all a distraction organized by Bob Arum.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mr. Lobe posted:

The primary joke of Dale is predicated on the idea that conspiracy mongers are generally harmless, and I don't know if that's a premise for a joke that works so well these days, especially if they go Q anon with him. I suppose they'll have to continue to have it so that his deal is still far too niche to be a threat.

The secondary joke of Dale is that for all his conspiracy theories he can't see what's right in front of his face, in terms of his family. That still has legs.

Yeah they didn't know how to handle Dale post-9/11 like that weird Dale to the Chief ep when he became a super-patriot and it hasn't aged well. Maybe they'll focus on his UFO beliefs? That would be mostly fine as it wouldn't involve real life cults or political violence.

It's weird seeing characters like Ron Swanson knowing real life small town libertarians who drink a lot of whiskey and knowing that the "gruff but lovable" part doesn't hold up when healthcare comes up and they give their opinion of the 2008-2016 president and you never want to talk to them again.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I like dale to the chief

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It's weird seeing characters like Ron Swanson knowing real life small town libertarians who drink a lot of whiskey and knowing that the "gruff but lovable" part doesn't hold up when healthcare comes up and they give their opinion of the 2008-2016 president and you never want to talk to them again.

Yeah exactly

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dale gets worms in him from his exterminator job, and needs to get Ivermectin to treat it, but ends up getting caught trying to infiltrate a Q rally to steal some.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Back when Dale was first written, the internet was just getting started as a mainstream thing and "conspiracy dudes" were largely of the black helicopter/JFK/UFO variety and mostly laughed at as harmless idiots, not elected to congress and hosting highly rated news channels.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

bobjr posted:

Dale gets worms in him from his exterminator job, and needs to get Ivermectin to treat it, but ends up getting caught trying to infiltrate a Q rally to steal some.

Okay this is a fun plot, for Rusty Shackleford, Pocket Sand, sha-sha-sha

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
It’s literally in the first episode/scene where Dale says he reads newsgroups like alt.conspiracy.black.helicopters or something like that.

Then he tells Hank to remove all the smog stuff from his engine and Hank counters that it helps reduce emissions for cleaner air.
“How can you be against cleaner air, Dale?”

drat I miss the right having a shred of common sense

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hank would be a blue dog democrat at this juncture in american history

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Think people are overestimating how hard it would be for them to avoid politics considering they completely dodged talking about Iraq and Afghanistan with 1 episode lampooning the patriot act poo poo. There's multiple episodes on a military base and no mention of the wars

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

BiggerBoat posted:

Back when Dale was first written, the internet was just getting started as a mainstream thing and "conspiracy dudes" were largely of the black helicopter/JFK/UFO variety and mostly laughed at as harmless idiots, not elected to congress and hosting highly rated news channels.

Right, that's what I was gesturing towards in the clause after the one you bolded. It worked, once, because of the situation being like you described. It just doesn't work anymore because times changed.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dale is going to be vaping so hard all the time lol

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Another Bill posted:

Boomhauer should make a rapid fire comment to Bill about it looking like a dang'ol robot dong, then they giggle.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Another Bill posted:

Dale wouldn't give up Manitoba cigarettes. He'd believe that vaping was a government conspiracy to ????

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He did give up smoking for an episode to take up chewing tobacco but found it distasteful so he came up with an innovative way of consuming it by putting it in some rolled up newspaper, lighting the end on fire, and inhaling the smoke.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

If anything Joseph would take up vaping and Dale would be upset that he wasn't smoking instead.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The only way dale is still alive is if he just gets out of prison for releasing classified info on Area 51 cause he guessed a blank password on a govt website and was slapped with a felony.
This allows the audience to watch dale discover all the qanon / pizzagate stuff in real time.

Also he’s super ripped now.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Nuts and Gum posted:

The only way dale is still alive is if he just gets out of prison for releasing classified info on Area 51 cause he guessed a blank password on a govt website and was slapped with a felony.
This allows the audience to watch dale discover all the qanon / pizzagate stuff in real time.

Also he’s super ripped now.

but hank can still kick his rear end

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Dale is fundamentally a coward. Getting swole wouldn’t help him in a fight against Hank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Dale reminds me of Trevor from this classic article that was a big sensation in its time

https://bostonreview.net/articles/jonathan-m-metzl-dying-whiteness/

quote:

Even on death’s doorstep, Trevor was not angry. In fact, he staunchly supported the stance promoted by his elected officials. “Ain’t no way I would ever support Obamacare or sign up for it,” he told me. “I would rather die.” When I asked him why he felt this way even as he faced severe illness, he explained: “We don’t need any more government in our lives. And in any case, no way I want my tax dollars paying for Mexicans or welfare queens.”

Tell me honestly you couldn't imagine those quotes in Dale's voice