Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
lol what?

Me having to bring my own bag for groceries is literally 1930s Germany!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Pennywise the Frown posted:

lol what?

Me having to bring my own bag for groceries is literally 1930s Germany!

You know who didn't allow plastic bags in the supermarket? Hitler! That's who!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
How much you want to bet that this person who is very concerned about diminishing Free Choice because of their plastic bags would also say that actually choice is very bad re: abortion.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ll also bet they only had one or two items that were easily carried without a bag.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Also, it's a private company. They have Free Choice. lol

It's not a loving government agency who is discriminating against plastic bag hoarders.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Also, it's a private company. They have Free Choice. lol

It's not a loving government agency who is discriminating against plastic bag hoarders.

A few towns around here are banning single-use plastic bags, so they may not have a choice.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Neito posted:

A few towns around here are banning single-use plastic bags, so they may not have a choice.

That's a local government thing though. Aldi and Costco specifically don't provide bags.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Boomers cannot deal with the reality where they might have to curtail their own personal use of anything.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Neito posted:

My whole state banned them but then relaxed the ban at the beginning of Covid for sanitary reasons.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

It is my god-given right to line my walls with lead-painted asbestos and fill my car with leaded gas and all you SJW lib-cucks are sheeple for letting the government stop you from enjoying your freedoms like I do.

You know what ELSE I'm entitled to? Compensation, for my mesothelioma. Checkmate, libruls.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Nighthand posted:

It is my god-given right to line my walls with lead-painted asbestos and fill my car with leaded gas and all you SJW lib-cucks are sheeple for letting the government stop you from enjoying your freedoms like I do.

You know what ELSE I'm entitled to? Compensation, for my mesothelioma. Checkmate, libruls.

An entire generation that has structured settlements and needs cash now.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

That's one of the clearest examples of Republican illogic I've seen. "Companies should have the freedom to choose whether they offer plastic bags, but also I should have the freedom to shop somewhere that gives me plastic bags, so one of these companies needs to be forced to give me plastic bags."

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Brawnfire posted:

I just imagine being that cat like "oh! Oh this is a house that is mine, they will definitely let me in! It is my RIGHT"

This happened when we bought our house a few years back. We kept seeing this chatty grey cat on the property, really friendly and would always try to come inside the house. Even during the home inspection he waltzed right in to the living room where the rest of us were, laid down in the middle of the room and took a nap with the rest of us just looking at this weird cat. We figured out later that the previous owner had been renting the house and those tenants abandoned their cat. So naturally we adopted him and he's the best cat there is.

Cat tax:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

TotalLossBrain posted:

Boomers cannot deal with the reality where they might have to curtail their own personal use of anything.

I was just going to say this is going to get funnier and funnier. Hope you like powdered things and things out of cans. Just like when you were a kid!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 23, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:lol:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ok it’s ok to catfish this guy and not show up

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Not just ok; morally imperative.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

I think if we post more signs like these in our backyards it would cut down on people cutting through our yards or jumping the fence. #postup #notrespassing #respectmyproperty #wyzecameras

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Shitstorm Trooper posted:

I think if we post more signs like these in our backyards it would cut down on people cutting through our yards or jumping the fence. #postup #notrespassing #respectmyproperty #wyzecameras

I feel like if you post a sign like this, you should be considered open season for a lynching. Well, maybe not a lynching, but at least a house burning and a tar and feathering. It basically says “If you can read this, you and everyone you know are my enemy, and I would kill you just for reading this if I could”. It’s like pointing yourself out as a violent troublemaker. I hate when people knock on my door, but my welcome mat still says welcome, because I’m not a violent rear end in a top hat. Christ if you hate people so much go live in the U.S. Southwest, or other places I stereotype as being very solitary but that’s just based on my stereotypes.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The number of people who are absolutely salivating at the thought of killing someone for the cringe of existing too close is insane, and the fact they feel emboldened enough to post about it is equally insane.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
It's in Detroit too.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

oc

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

gently caress those tyrants preventing that guy from showing his rocks off to those that enjoy his rocks. I stand with rock man.

KEEP ON HOUNDING

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

get your rocks off on nextdoor

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
They're MINERALS, Marie! gently caress!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Saw this one this morning. Copied and pasted in its entirety so I could edit out people’s full names and locations.

I don’t know what people want to know about me but this is all true and straight to the point. Why do I have to keep fighting to get a job? I have weight issues and I compare my weight to other people. I was in the military and I had an abortion in 2001 and left college because you can’t be pregnant in the military. My son is with his father. We did a Cherokee which was Native American blessing for my son. They were adopted into the Cherokee tribe. I went to look for Kentucky but I was told he was in jail or dead so I never saw him after I got back home from BCT. I owe $21,945.00 to SSA plus my friend needs help with a car payment which I do signed for plus my own car payments and I applied to 52 job applications on indeed and I had job interviews but I didn’t get hired. I don’t do drugs or pills. I used to drink but I don’t do that anymore. I never drank and drive. My bunk buddy got killed by a drunk driver heading back to base in 2002. I was told I could go back but the recruiter said no. I was emancipated when I was 16 years old in [town] by DCF. I was in emergency foster care in 1996 in [town]. My mom left my Dad when I was for a Child Molester. I met a friend at [school name] school in [town]. We did not know our parents knew each other when they were teenagers. My parents divorce was finalized in 2001. My brother [name] lives in [town] still who is my half brother. He was born in [town]. My brother [name] lives in Florida still. He was only supposed to stay there until he graduated from high school. You can’t trust DCF at all. I never did because they believed our mother over our father and our mother was the abuser. My dad is an alcoholic because of our mother. I have 1 older sister and 4 younger brothers. [name] us white/white. I never met his father. [name] is African American and White. I met his father. Our dad raised [name] and [name] too until they moved to [town] with our mother. Our mom never went to [name] [name], [name] and [name]’s high school graduation. She went to [name] and [name] graduation. Our mom is known as a pathological liar. My sister and our brother [name] is a habitual liar. Our brother [name] never went to our grandparents funerals or any other family function in [town]or in [town] or [town]. I have PTSD from the military and not from my child hood. That was ruled out when I saw a therapist in [town]. I don’t get along with Muslims because we were trained to fight them due to 9/11 which everything I was doing like having an abortion and leaving college without taking finals or midterms because it was too early was for 9/11. My recruiter told me that. You can’t be pregnant while in the military. That’s against the rules. Kissing another female which was my 1st time is against the rules too! I had a boyfriend [full name] at home who later I found out was looking into other females and a strip bar while I was in BCT. We don’t talk anymore. I was in a domestic violence relationship with my ex fiancé [name]. We got a restraining order. It’s still on. It’s for 1 year. I am nature but energetic. I know what has to be done. I am a hard worker.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Saw this one this morning. Copied and pasted in its entirety so I could edit out people’s full names and locations.

I don’t know what people want to know about me but this is all true and straight to the point. Why do I have to keep fighting to get a job? I have weight issues and I compare my weight to other people. I was in the military and I had an abortion in 2001 and left college because you can’t be pregnant in the military. My son is with his father. We did a Cherokee which was Native American blessing for my son. They were adopted into the Cherokee tribe. I went to look for Kentucky but I was told he was in jail or dead so I never saw him after I got back home from BCT. I owe $21,945.00 to SSA plus my friend needs help with a car payment which I do signed for plus my own car payments and I applied to 52 job applications on indeed and I had job interviews but I didn’t get hired. I don’t do drugs or pills. I used to drink but I don’t do that anymore. I never drank and drive. My bunk buddy got killed by a drunk driver heading back to base in 2002. I was told I could go back but the recruiter said no. I was emancipated when I was 16 years old in [town] by DCF. I was in emergency foster care in 1996 in [town]. My mom left my Dad when I was for a Child Molester. I met a friend at [school name] school in [town]. We did not know our parents knew each other when they were teenagers. My parents divorce was finalized in 2001. My brother [name] lives in [town] still who is my half brother. He was born in [town]. My brother [name] lives in Florida still. He was only supposed to stay there until he graduated from high school. You can’t trust DCF at all. I never did because they believed our mother over our father and our mother was the abuser. My dad is an alcoholic because of our mother. I have 1 older sister and 4 younger brothers. [name] us white/white. I never met his father. [name] is African American and White. I met his father. Our dad raised [name] and [name] too until they moved to [town] with our mother. Our mom never went to [name] [name], [name] and [name]’s high school graduation. She went to [name] and [name] graduation. Our mom is known as a pathological liar. My sister and our brother [name] is a habitual liar. Our brother [name] never went to our grandparents funerals or any other family function in [town]or in [town] or [town]. I have PTSD from the military and not from my child hood. That was ruled out when I saw a therapist in [town]. I don’t get along with Muslims because we were trained to fight them due to 9/11 which everything I was doing like having an abortion and leaving college without taking finals or midterms because it was too early was for 9/11. My recruiter told me that. You can’t be pregnant while in the military. That’s against the rules. Kissing another female which was my 1st time is against the rules too! I had a boyfriend [full name] at home who later I found out was looking into other females and a strip bar while I was in BCT. We don’t talk anymore. I was in a domestic violence relationship with my ex fiancé [name]. We got a restraining order. It’s still on. It’s for 1 year. I am nature but energetic. I know what has to be done. I am a hard worker.

This is the kind of post that makes me go cross-eyed and just kinda stare into the middle distance.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Neito posted:

This is the kind of post that makes me go cross-eyed and just kinda stare into the middle distance.

Yeah, it makes me uncomfortable to read someone's pain leaking out of their vague and disjointed life story like that. Hopefully typing it gave them some kind of catharsis but I don't know what they were hoping to gain by posting that.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

A Strange Aeon posted:

Yeah, it makes me uncomfortable to read someone's pain leaking out of their vague and disjointed life story like that. Hopefully typing it gave them some kind of catharsis but I don't know what they were hoping to gain by posting that.

Same. I also guarantee this is why she’s not getting hired anywhere because she’s opening the floodgates at anyone who’ll listen.

I have a friend who’s kind of the same way (not nearly as bad) but also has trouble holding down jobs because even though she’s good at what she does and a very hard worker she just can’t not keep extremely personal details to herself.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Gunned down on his own porch over in Hudspeth County. Seven or eight of ’em come up to here. Wantin’ this and wantin’ that. Uncle Mac went back in the house and got the shotgun, they was way ahead of him. Shot him in the doorway. Aunt Ella came out and tried to stop the bleedin’. Uncle Mac all the while tryin’ to get that shotgun. They just sat there on their horses watchin’ him die. After a while, one of ’em says somethin in Injun and they all turned and left out. Well, Uncle Mac knew the score even if Aunt Ella didn’t. Shot through the left lung. And that was that. As they say.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
My sister is the same way. She just had a passive aggressive temper tantrum because no one at the retirement home she works at saved her a piece of cake, which was dessert for the residents, on her birthday. She is a chef there- she could have saved a piece before anyone else got to it, but she didn't and is mad that no one did something that she didn't ask them to do.

Every single interaction with her is like that. It's exhausting.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I assume you told them about open teaching jobs in Florida that they were eligible for

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

JackBandit posted:

I assume you told them about open teaching jobs in Florida that they were eligible for

I didn’t reply but don’t worry, someone else told her that Jesus Christ helps in all circumstances so I guess he’s gonna hook her up with a job.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Flag on the Moon. How did it get there?

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Flag on the Moon. How did it get there?

Push a button. Things happen.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Someone in my neighborhood is complaining about having a blue laser shined on him when he leaves his girlfriend's place. Most of the comments are, "Wow, that's werid," or, "Call the non emergency sheriff's number."

But not Chris M, nope! Our boy Chris M, whose profile photo appears to be a shirtless selfie of a man who looks a bit like if you shaved Randy from Trailer Park Boys, replied with the following:

Chris M posted:

Sniper practice..we get bored so we like to practice on real objects...friendlies....or cartel building up anticipation of the real thing..unfriendlies....should we not talk about spring break 1997 in tijuana... the ti**** twister saloon.. cole?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Someone in my neighborhood is complaining about having a blue laser shined on him when he leaves his girlfriend's place. Most of the comments are, "Wow, that's werid," or, "Call the non emergency sheriff's number."

But not Chris M, nope! Our boy Chris M, whose profile photo appears to be a shirtless selfie of a man who looks a bit like if you shaved Randy from Trailer Park Boys, replied with the following:

Thank goodness he censored the word titty in his unhinged rambling.

Also, I would like updates regarding the old guy who shows his rocks off to his neighbors if there are any.

KEEP HOUNDING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Powered Descent posted:

Good lord. This is a joke, right? Like it's for a fake commercial in an Adult Swim show?

https://www.milliondollartaxi.com

...Right?

quote:

This is also a music production company, a therapist office in back seat of taxi car.
He's a "check out my mix tape" guy too, awesome.