Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Yeah, I laughed too, especially at the graphic used in the probation description since I hadn't seen it before.

The mods here can be very entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Mokotow posted:

Barfinng a little every time I see the thread title.

Edit: it’s not the penis thing, just Musk.

New thread title: Elon Musk: It's not a penis thing.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

OMG the replies to any criticism of this piece of garbage...

https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1561141259900559361

(Also I wonder how quickly it gets totaled if it gets hit? You replace one panel it looks like you have to replace most of the vehicle.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jet Jaguar posted:

(Also I wonder how quickly it gets totaled if it gets hit? You replace one panel it looks like you have to replace most of the vehicle.

this looks like a vehicle out of generally. a game where the cars have at max 40 polygons.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

is the cybertruck a good car? probably not no. but do i like whatever contribution it's had to shake up the car design space from big boy car companies, like the ioniq series? very much, yes.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

chaosbreather posted:

is the cybertruck a good car? probably not no. but do i like whatever contribution it's had to shake up the car design space from big boy car companies, like the ioniq series? very much, yes.

Is it design disruption, or did someone's computer lag swapping out LOD models while gaming and they had a big brain moment?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It looks like the sharp corners and edges will kill any pedestrian it drives into, so they won't have victim testimony to worry about.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

goatface posted:

It looks like the sharp corners and edges will kill any pedestrian it drives into, so they won't have victim testimony to worry about.

A springy enough hood with room to move is a common design to mitigate pedestrian head impact injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cybertruck hood was the same thick exterior stainless steel that is near guaranteed to crack your head.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Jet Jaguar posted:

It looks like a car from a Demolition Man reboot, a vehicle that never has to operate out of a completely controlled environment.

It would never be legal to drive in Europe, where regulations exist to stop people getting straight up murdered by vehicles made out of solid steel with jutting angles. I don't know what US regulations are like but I'd like to think they would have problems with it too.

Fortunately Musk never has to deliver it, like everything else.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It just looks cheap as poo poo. Like something out of a garage workshop where they've not got the industrial kit for pressing complex panels but can manage cutting sheet material and putting a few bends in it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’m waiting for it to end up having huge blind spots that get waved away by people saying it’s other people’s fault for being in the blind spot

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Durzel posted:

It would never be legal to drive in Europe, where regulations exist to stop people getting straight up murdered by vehicles made out of solid steel with jutting angles. I don't know what US regulations are like but I'd like to think they would have problems with it too.

oh you sweet sweet innocent soul. what does your heart tell you about the place that made it legal to commit vehicular homicide on a protestor?

the US has zero national regulations for pedestrian safety

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
The hood seems a lot shorter and lower than the popular US trucks though

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
people throw the term "dickrider" around way too much to refer to like, i dunno, weirdos who like star wars prequels or something. IMO almost no behavior really fits that term. but the responses to that goddam truck are dickriding if anything ever was.
I mean i'm kind of into cars, i could wax on about a citroen sm or whatever but these guys are on such a lame parasocial worship level with musk. it's gross as hell

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It looks like a child's first attempt to make a car in blender. Before they learn how to make curves.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Jet Jaguar posted:

It looks like poo poo

These people will love it

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

but the responses to that goddam truck are dickriding if anything ever was.

Dickriding is the perfect term to describe the Musk internet fandom. There was that dude falling all over himself to suck Daddy Elon’s dick because Lord Musk horny posted on Twitter.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i thought the cybertruck had been cancelled?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nothing is ever cancelled, the engineers are just temporarily reassigned.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1561560517965217792?s=21&t=LFtswd1Znxd2IkyyiT3dpA

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i hate when people say they 'have no words'. it's easy if you include swear words

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I thought cyber truck was a neat concept car but lol the idiot actually wanted to make it.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Musk would rather donate half his wealth to Planned Parenthood than give up his PJs and travel around in first class like a poor.

To him they are a "greater good" thing because he is, in fact, a Very Good Person Making The World Better and so dumping a ton of jet fuel into the air every day is good actually, you moron, you imbecile.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Every Tesla sold is a carbon negative for his personal lifestyle rather than the purchaser.

This type of multiply claimed carbon budgeting is a real problem.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

sure okay posted:

Musk would rather donate half his wealth to Planned Parenthood than give up his PJs and travel around in first class like a poor.

To him they are a "greater good" thing because he is, in fact, a Very Good Person Making The World Better and so dumping a ton of jet fuel into the air every day is good actually, you moron, you imbecile.

Musk actively sides with the GOP and is ranting about women needing to have babies, dude wouldn't donate to Planned Parenthood if his life depended on it.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The worlds worst hidden breeding fetish.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Lawman 0 posted:

The worlds worst hidden breeding fetish.

By the guy whose multiple kids all hate him and want nothing to do with him.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
If Mr.Musk wanted to help the environment by creating an electric car, wouldn't it have made more sense to not make it so expensive that most normal people could never afford it

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
That doesn’t sound very disruptive, my dude

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
yeah you're forgetting the #1 rule of saving the world: making the most money for yourself as possible

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
i think the cybertruck looks cool and i would drive one of it were under a better maker and i wasn't loving poor lol

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Jet Jaguar posted:

I don't remember if it was posted here or on reddit, but some guy got a dent and/or scratch in his (Tesla's) door and took to the dealership to see about getting it fixed. They quoted him something like $15k because they were only able to replace the entire door.

I just assume that if someone gets into a fender bender in a Tesla they'd have to mark it off as "totaled" and buy a new car out of pocket.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Elmo my dude, if you want to prevent under-population, don't design products that straight up loving murder children.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

PITY BONER posted:

I don't remember if it was posted here or on reddit, but some guy got a dent and/or scratch in his (Tesla's) door and took to the dealership to see about getting it fixed. They quoted him something like $15k because they were only able to replace the entire door.

I just assume that if someone gets into a fender bender in a Tesla they'd have to mark it off as "totaled" and buy a new car out of pocket.

If you buy a Tesla I hope you're also rich enough to absorb any weird repair costs and presumably can afford to wait for parts

you might say that if you buy a Tesla you get what YOU DESERVE *throws softball at cybertruck window*

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
So it’s hard to find specs on the cyber tuck because it’s vaporware, but what I could find basically said the thing is going to be 6350KG curb weight (so about 14000 lbs), will have a payload capacity of 3500 lbs, and a 14000lbs towing capacity. You need a CDL to drive anything with a GWVR of 26,001 lbs and up in the US. It doesn’t appear to be a viable commercial vehicle and most people won’t be licensed for it. Just who is the intended market for this vehicle?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Cybertruck looks like it’s from “the future” in Back to the Future II.

In other words, not futuristic at all and ugly as gently caress.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It is very Delorean though.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

goatface posted:

It is very Delorean though.

So, it was designed by and marketed to coke heads?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And looks like it will have absolutely poo poo build quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mozi posted:

i hate when people say they 'have no words'. it's easy if you include swear words

They might not know which swear word to start with.