Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Salt Fish posted:

Thinking about that guy that tried to read the source code for bitcoin as a religous text and got stuck on the first line.

okay does anyone know what #include means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Foo Diddley posted:

It's when you are clude in.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Foo Diddley posted:

It’s when Ilya uses one of her servant cards to transform her wand into a new weapon.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

Thinking about that guy that tried to read the source code for bitcoin as a religous text and got stuck on the first line.

In the beginning, God included stdio.h

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
There was (I think?) a David Gerard/Divabot blog post or Twitter thread covering how 30+ of 35 of the major "blockchain" projects failed. I would appreciate if someone could link me to that, I have a friend who is interested.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Neito posted:

I'm sorry, I think you need to consult the Official Rules About Talking About Crypto:

I just minted an NFT of this .png and hold sole ownership rights to it, please remit 0.01 ETH in royalties or take it down.

edit: I clicked on a link in discord and now all my NFTs are gone, stand by while I contact the png's new owner for further instructions

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Desert Bus posted:

There was (I think?) a David Gerard/Divabot blog post or Twitter thread covering how 30+ of 35 of the major "blockchain" projects failed. I would appreciate if someone could link me to that, I have a friend who is interested.

divabot posted:

this is quite good (I helped the guy with it)

https://twitter.com/00xou/status/1553433497615962113

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Crust First posted:

[reply to question]

Thank you!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

it's like they're all scams

oh was watching ufc this weekend and they're still shilling crypto.com and various NFT things, LOL. I guess it's not so bad since they also actively advertise betting.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

oh was watching ufc this weekend and they're still shilling crypto.com and various NFT things, LOL. I guess it's not so bad since they also actively advertise betting.

didnt crypto dot com just lay off like 40% of their staff?

their in house coin that they made people buy to get triple platinum rewards or whatever has totally cratered since they were naming stadiums:

offshore wagering on martial arts competitions seems like a good idea in comparison

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1561734856727568384

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

drk posted:

didnt crypto dot com just lay off like 40% of their staff?

their in house coin that they made people buy to get triple platinum rewards or whatever has totally cratered since they were naming stadiums:

offshore wagering on martial arts competitions seems like a good idea in comparison

Crypto.com was still sponsoring csgo events as of sunday

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Are you poor (at financial decisions)

Buy bitcoin.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

if there was any lingering doubt about bored apes.

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1561866697073729536

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lmao, his middle name is Bertrand.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Strong Sauce posted:

if there was any lingering doubt about bored apes.

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1561866697073729536

God I'm still mad at Philion for partnering with Ryder Ripps of all loving people on his overdone expose of Yuga labs. Capped off by promoting Ripps NFT project, ugh.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Paladinus posted:

Lmao, his middle name is Bertrand.

so he's Dick Bert?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

better than consensual sex what the gently caress

"bitcoin: it's good, like rape"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

wallet inspection season is in full swing.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Crypto is literally non-consensual money though, you do not get a choice if someone puts money in your wallet

The only way to avoid it is to never generate one

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

God I'm still mad at Philion for partnering with Ryder Ripps of all loving people on his overdone expose of Yuga labs. Capped off by promoting Ripps NFT project, ugh.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's like they're all scams

It's also like there's zero non-scammy way to run a successful business in that space.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

greazeball posted:

It's also like there's zero non-scammy way to run a successful business in that space.

how else is anyone supposed to run a "successful" """business""" in the giant pyramid scheme about turning fake money into real money

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i still cant believe all of this worked. why is the real world so much dumber than the worst stupid bullshit you could make up

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lmao was this posted because what

https://mobile.twitter.com/SilvermanJacob/status/1561838290998788096

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Foo Diddley posted:

better than consensual sex what the gently caress

"bitcoin: it's good, like rape"

I mean we all hate bitcoin and they're all loving idiots, and it's definitely a weird way to advertise something but if you read "better than consensual sex" and your first thought is "rape" you should probably apply to be a moderator here.

(Edit: please don't take this seriously I'm just poking fun at how your post could be misconstrued)

putin is a cunt fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Aug 23, 2022

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

putin is a oval office posted:

I mean we all hate bitcoin and they're all loving idiots, and it's definitely a weird way to advertise something but if you read "better than consensual sex" and your first thought is "rape" you should probably apply to be a moderator here.

(Edit: please don't take this seriously I'm just poking fun at how your post could be misconstrued)

i believe the answer is : if you ever wondered if the alt right crowd encompasses crypto, them referring to crypto as consensual and not rape (when crypto isn't consensual) pretty much sums it up.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

lol @ scammers. a few years ago they would have said it was a body double. now it's a loving hologram.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

The top replies on his tweet about the deep fake thing

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 23, 2022

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I follow like 6 people on twitter
https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1561867008932827136

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Much like his role model*, I believe Mr. Spencer can be trusted on this one**

* - Adolf Hitler
** - Identifying Nazi poo poo

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Reactions to the BAYC loan liquidation event are mixed in the crypto ‘community’.

:D

quote:

Am I a bad person for a bit smiling about the idea of BAYC tanking?

:actually:

quote:

It won’t. There’s people lined up to buy at 67 ETH, 65 ETH, 63 ETH, etc. and will find support somewhere before increasing again. Heck, if I could get one in the 40-45 ETH range, then I’m a buyer.

EDIT: Why did this get downvoted?

:crossarms:

quote:

You would spend $50k for a link to a jpg?!?! Why? What is wrong with you?

Dude, it’s a crap picture of an Ape that you can have for free if you want. Just screen shot it.

:actually:

quote:

How do you get Yuga Labs support with the screenshot?

How much $APE did the screenshotters get?

How do you get into ApeFest with a screenshot?

How do you get Otherside Trip access with a screenshot?

How do you get access to merch with a screenshot?

Having a bluechip NFT like an Ape or Punk is also a marketing expense. Owning an Ape and setting it as your PFP is a fastrack to getting hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers. The cost of the Ape is nothing compared to the opportunities from leveraging it.

EDIT: Why did this get downvoted?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Bitcoin: Why did this get downvoted?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Thanks to my bluechip ape, my Twitter feed is now ceaseless with various business propositions and market tips. Surely at least one of them is legit. My ape is bluechip after all.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

My favorite thing on reddit is people being baffled by being downvoted, as if they're the only humans to ever have experienced such a thing.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Ape jpeg got me leveraging all kinds of poo poo.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Neito posted:

My favorite thing on reddit is people being baffled by being downvoted, as if they're the only humans to ever have experienced such a thing.

They're only used to number going up, you see.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
"Getting access to merch" lol sick perk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I'm gonna need you to empty your wallets right over here before you can come in. What do you think we let people with unregulated wallets enter this JCPenny? We'd have to be pretty stupid to do that, anyway, hand em over.