Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It never moves on from those themes. That is all it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Dream sequence ending incoming by the end of the week, calling it now.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I get it Arlo, UCLA and USC don't belong in the Big 10.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Vargo posted:

Zits crossover where Jeremy empties every bowl.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

I get it Arlo, UCLA and USC don't belong in the Big 10.

Are they in the Big 10 now???

I stopped keeping up with realignment around the time Maryland left the ACC, which for some reason was the thing that made the whole system click over to being arbitrary and wrong in my brain.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I don't really follow football but when I learned there's more than 10 teams in the Big 10, I think they lose the right to be called the Big 10. Numbers and words exist for a reason :argh:

Also all the never ending salad bowls in Curtis have wisteria. That's the dark curse :<

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It turns out every salad produced provides no caloric or nutritional contribution.

Rather than being sold as an ultimate dieting aid, this is seen as a major failing and the product is scrapped.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Good Listener posted:

I don't really follow football but when I learned there's more than 10 teams in the Big 10, I think they lose the right to be called the Big 10. Numbers and words exist for a reason :argh:
I always liked the eleven the Big Ten included in their logo after Penn State joined

Huxley posted:

Are they in the Big 10 now???

Not yet, but earlier this summer they announced their intention to join the conference in 2024. I know the Pac 12 has been poorly run, but the move is still stupid and bad, I hate it and I hope it doesn't happen.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Yet Another Grab-Bag Of Stuff

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

howe_sam posted:

I always liked the eleven the Big Ten included in their logo after Penn State joined

Ok that's cute haha

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Arnold (August 15-21, 1983)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hostile V posted:

Yet Another Grab-Bag Of Stuff

And become extremely stressed out, angry and agitated by it?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Cats is just dogs, it's fine.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

"drat, now I have to actually do work instead of just fish around in the car for a bit and then tell them to come back later"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's the thing with some cats where they wave their tail while preparing to pounce

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

"Why, this salad bowl keeps refilling! It's amazing!"

Mary Worth

"So if anyone reported you to your workplace for hooking up with a patient, it wasn't me. Bye."

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

No dog has ever said 'no' to this question.

Apartment 3-G

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat Walker, just loving die already.

I guess Mozz is sure that his audience wouldn't pick up on subtext so he's having everyone monologue their feelings.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Vargo posted:

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Infinite salads, each with a slug, a small frog, and a small spider in it.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Infinite salads, each with a slug, a small frog, and a small spider in it.

"If we took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy, would it?"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Vargo posted:

Curtis

I know you're probably right, but I'm going to go a different route and say that after a day or two they'll find bottomless salad bowls in dumpsters, and wonder why people are throwing them out, and it'll be because people were like "It only gave me salad and I got tired of it."

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Grocery stores close, mass unemployment

"Everything has a price"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TegneHanne

L-Innsikt

(Bærum is a norwegian suburb known for it's affluent inhabitants. I guess the Hamptons would be the best amerian analogue)
Zelda

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

One of the neverending salad bowls was discarded upside down, so that the salad immediately falls out and is replaced, again and again. It has so far produced an estimated 1400 tons of chicken salad. The smell of the rotting lower strata of the ever-growing Chicken Salad Mountain is said to be indescribable.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One bowl has been seized by NASA and is being explored as a possible low intensity thruster for interstellar travel.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Someone asked for a gold and money salad and wrecked the economy. Then someone else wanted an enriched uranium salad.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Someone requested word salad and then the bowl was elected to high office! :dadjoke:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Twelve by Pies posted:

I know you're probably right, but I'm going to go a different route and say that after a day or two they'll find bottomless salad bowls in dumpsters, and wonder why people are throwing them out, and it'll be because people were like "It only gave me salad and I got tired of it."

I’m guessing it will be a Shmoo type resolution.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (November 1, 1934)

Peanuts (August 25, 1975)

Funky Winkerbean

As another reminder that keeping up with the Funkyverse continuity is a sucker's game, here's the TV Tropes layout of a sliding time line that, if anything, is accelerating the aging process.

TV Tropes posted:

Here's a rundown of how the characters' birth years have shifted over time:
  • In the original timeline, the characters were ca. 15 years old in 1972, which presupposes a birth year of roughly 1957. They reached their senior year in high school just before the first time skip in 1992, which would put their birth year around 1974—they were younger than the strip itself at that point.
  • The first time skip set their high school graduation year as 1988, implying that they were born in 1970.
  • The second time skip has them at roughly 46 years of age in 2010, giving them a birth date of about 1964.
  • In a 2020 strip, Funky ran a race in the "men's over sixty-five division", which would give him a birth year of 1955 or earlier.

Apart from that, this is the 50th anniversary year of Funky Winkerbean strip, so if recent months have seemed like an endless nostalgia wank, there's your most likely suspect.

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater seems to be taking an abrupt shortcut to the finish. (March 23, 1939)

Out Our Way (August 24-26, 1939)

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Haifisch posted:

The Lockhorns

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Holy poo poo

Lockhorns owns

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

As another reminder that keeping up with the Funkyverse continuity is a sucker's game, here's the TV Tropes layout of a sliding time line that, if anything, is accelerating the aging process.

This would also really mess with Les and Lisa’s age for giving birth to Summer.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Magnified Man

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Arbetor posted:

So are we done with the "Reading is Maaaagic" little girl and the Precious Moment hat-elves and the philosophical penguins, or are we going back to those after a quick "Architect you have never heard of has a tiny penis" aside?

Maybe it's just me having lived in Chicago, but Mies van der Rohe basically defined the glass and steel skyscraper. He's gotta be well endowed

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy Sluggo is Lazy 1947

8/20

8/21

8/22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl