Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Just send the post to me, I'll make sure fplus or report this post sees it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
https://twitter.com/TallBart/status/1561105320029478913 oh come on he's just stealing bits from the now-defunct cumtown

or nick's in his writers room after all, living the dream

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I agree that Matt uses it this way, but the TrueAnon guest was pretty explicit about it being religion and that belief in humans as purely physical/biological beings is bad/harmful. Which I think is assuming causation where it doesn't make sense (since nothing about "humans are purely biological beings" implies "and therefore it doesn't matter what we do to them").

It also doesn't really make sense if you look at a country like China, which definitely doesn't value human life less than the US, despite bring far less religious.

It very much seems like a reaction to annoying people online or in the sort of social circles the guest has been exposed to.
reddit fedora atheism even at its height wasn't remotely as annoying as anything dasha or any other of the post-left or tradcaths post now, if he's really going "actually we need to embrace being religious" because of annnoying atheists then what the gently caress

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Wait did Brace get yelled at so bad for that tweet making fun of trad Caths that they made him become one?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

hell yeah

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i think that media guy is jewish and was proposing some kind of mysticism rather than explicit adoption of dogmatic, organised religion. this is still silly, however, and could be avoided if the USA didn't collectively decide that kant was for nerds and that pure reason is actually great and can solve all your problems

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I think we should try to make philosophers stones again.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

V. Illych L. posted:

i think that media guy is jewish and was proposing some kind of mysticism rather than explicit adoption of dogmatic, organised religion. this is still silly, however, and could be avoided if the USA didn't collectively decide that kant was for nerds and that pure reason is actually great and can solve all your problems

If you had to pick, oganized religion is way better for political organizing than "mysticism"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

TheMightyBoops posted:

I think we should try to make philosophers stoned again.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

AnimeIsTrash posted:

thinking about becoming one of those hinduvata type of fellows

i've been considering becoming a black conservative

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
got me feelin like the black Marjorie Taylor Greene

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i've been considering becoming a black conservative

AnimeIsTrash posted:

thinking about becoming one of those hinduvata type of fellows

imagine how powerful your posts would become

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

sexpig by night posted:

got me feelin like the black Marjorie Taylor Greene

i always was a fan of black MTG cards

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ytlaya posted:

I agree that Matt uses it this way, but the TrueAnon guest was pretty explicit about it being religion and that belief in humans as purely physical/biological beings is bad/harmful. Which I think is assuming causation where it doesn't make sense (since nothing about "humans are purely biological beings" implies "and therefore it doesn't matter what we do to them").

It also doesn't really make sense if you look at a country like China, which definitely doesn't value human life less than the US, despite bring far less religious.

It very much seems like a reaction to annoying people online or in the sort of social circles the guest has been exposed to.

i haven't listened to the pod but china has confuciusism which can be argued is a kind of atheist religion

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lobster shirt posted:

they might have typical horrible australian beliefs but i havent really heard anything like that from the episodes ive listened to. also i found them via the radio war nerd facebook group so i figure they cant be too bad. maybe not!

I jumped to what would likely be the worst opinions (Ukraine war talk and China talk) and while some of it was a bit lib, it was way less bad than I expected. also very Australian to have a beer review section in the middle.

the tank talk about the china tank made me want to look up tank games. maybe I should try war thunder or world of tanks or something.

or just play Battletech again

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I still play war thunder and love it but it's mostly low-level planes

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

crepeface posted:

i haven't listened to the pod but china has confuciusism which can be argued is a kind of atheist religion

and Europe has liberalism which is also atheist religion

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

oscarthewilde posted:

:sickos:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

oscarthewilde posted:

true, but confuciusism still has a focus on collective cohesion instead of liberalism's obsession with the individual self

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Xaris posted:

you're right, it was jake. i get them all confused because i really care much about any of the hosts. it's sort of the podcast of last resort after i've finished rwn/chapo/cumtown/trueanon/tech wont save us/death corner/PAL/etc and then like well im bored i guess i'll put on QAA

Just listened to this episode and lol even Travis called him out.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Just listened to this episode and lol even Travis called him out.

I could hear the eye rolls but ya. lol jake sucks

I did enjoy the recent alien abduction episode though, so I haven’t completely written them
off

Xaris has issued a correction as of 15:43 on Aug 22, 2022

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Julian should threaten to kill politicians more often.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Brace and Liz are just embracing being theatre kids. They had the same thing like a year or so when they got to do a stage show after covid and were super high off it, believing they had done Something Really Important.

I get it guys, being on stage is fun. Being on stage is not What Humanity Needs though.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

TheMightyBoops posted:

I think we should try to make philosophers stones again.

Drinking various mercury elixirs to finally, finally become the emperor who succeeds at being immortal, getting nuttier and nuttier in the process, but as a bit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rip jerry lewis, died of flubber to the brain

edit wait he wasn't in that one

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

i say swears online posted:

rip jerry lewis, died of flubber to the brain

edit wait he wasn't in that one

Wasn't he?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Often Abbreviated posted:

Brace and Liz are just embracing being theatre kids. They had the same thing like a year or so when they got to do a stage show after covid and were super high off it, believing they had done Something Really Important.

I get it guys, being on stage is fun. Being on stage is not What Humanity Needs though.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Also Jesus, I forgot he was trying to seduce one of this students in that movie.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

Wasn't he?

flubber is absent-minded professor, he was the nutty professor that went from dork to cool like stephan urquelle

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/BadBalticTakes/status/1561439663679852546?s=20&t=GK9ggg5B_1HRAywNtV4YEg

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

Yeah, he didn't appear to be referring to organized religion specifically, but definitely seemed to be directly opposed to viewing humans as purely beings of flesh and blood.

Shipon posted:

reddit fedora atheism even at its height wasn't remotely as annoying as anything dasha or any other of the post-left or tradcaths post now, if he's really going "actually we need to embrace being religious" because of annnoying atheists then what the gently caress

In the guest's case I think it's largely a reaction to his career apparently focusing on talking to people like tech CEOs, but that's a very specific subset of the ruling class.

With Brace/Liz I think it's just a "being mad at annoying people on the internet" thing.

crepeface posted:

true, but confuciusism still has a focus on collective cohesion instead of liberalism's obsession with the individual self

I mean yeah, but my main point is that looking at existing/historical countries definitely doesn't support the idea that a move away from religion/spirituality is a cause of social alienation.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Ytlaya posted:

i didn't think he could top himself in how full of poo poo he was until at the end where he said his ideal world was a independent anarchist economies trading with one another lmfao

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Bands with 97 members have one big weakness.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Lady Militant posted:

i didn't think he could top himself in how full of poo poo he was until at the end where he said his ideal world was a independent anarchist economies trading with one another lmfao

"fish camp" is an euphemism op

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Still better than Eve 6 (which sucks)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Futanari Damacy posted:

Still better than Eve 6 (which sucks)

I like eve 6 :smith:

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Xaris posted:

I like eve 6 :smith:

https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1341429800397750273?s=20&t=Uh9cYSwdnQQVoDmmGesrjw
This is who you're supporting.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I really hate how the preview heart is already red so it looks like I liked the tweet. I would never like that tweet! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Musically I don't even know but they post in the exact style that I hate more than anything