Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
relogged after months long break and I see I'm 5 item levels short for the 6.2 trial

welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Thank you for letting me know!

In other news, I have to retire one of my cycle of joke names for Fandaniel because his actual voice actor is using it as his Twitch handle now. (Fair warning, light spoilers in his profile pic)

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 23, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blockhouse posted:

relogged after months long break and I see I'm 5 item levels short for the 6.2 trial

welp

I assume the equipment in the new dungeon should help with that.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
New dungeon gear, easier access to radiant gear, or crafted gear should all be easy enough to top ilvl off

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

So what's everyone's patch day agenda? I've kinda been tuning out what's coming so I'll default to msq or tataru's bizarre adventure, maybe touch some island soil

I immediately clear MSQ and then plan my new glams with the extra space and then maybe check out the island. I started crafting a few weeks ago so I'll see if the island has anything cool and then try to get the limited new items.

Also, it's been months since I played vanilla FFXIV so that will take some time to get used until the launcher updates in a few days.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Gonna chill on it a bit in case patch takes longer than expected and/or traffic is heavy, but when I do log back in probably MSQ yeah.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

hazardousmouse posted:

So what's everyone's patch day agenda? I've kinda been tuning out what's coming so I'll default to msq or tataru's bizarre adventure, maybe touch some island soil

Clear MSQ early in the morning, then go to work, and then do Trials when I get off of work once people have devised halfway decent strats

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

welp

Remember that you can shop around on different DCs nowadays for crafted gear to turn in for Augmented stuff if you need a quick ilvl boost. Dunno what it's like on other servers, but Gilgamesh has most of the weapons for a pretty measly 34k or so.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

MechaX posted:

Clear MSQ early in the morning, then go to work, and then do Trials when I get off of work once people have devised halfway decent strats

It looks like MSQ is nine quests long + a dungeon and a trial, so you'd better be getting up pretty early! Or have a job that lets you sleep in most days.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thundarr posted:

It looks like MSQ is nine quests long + a dungeon and a trial, so you'd better be getting up pretty early! Or have a job that lets you sleep in most days.

I just rescheduled everything that was going to be after 1pm to next week, and I’m gonna go play.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Thundarr posted:

Maintenance is thankfully usually over around 5AM for me, gives me at least 3.5 hours before I need to leave which hopefully should be enough (the Trial might be a bit dicey though)

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

hazardousmouse posted:

Check the new pvp rewards.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

Buy some crafting books, move some glamour gear into the expanded glamour toilet because all ten of my retainers are full, and then shotgun the msq.

When Yoshi P said on the live letter to think carefully about what glams to keep he was speaking directly at me. I'm the problem.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

all ten of my retainers are full

good God

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Buy some crafting books, move some glamour gear into the expanded glamour toilet because all ten of my retainers are full, and then shotgun the msq.

When Yoshi P said on the live letter to think carefully about what glams to keep he was speaking directly at me. I'm the problem.

What the gently caress

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm gonna help get a cafe up and running first, then I'll see about this whole main story business.
Edit: I meant housing, not the other cafe.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 23, 2022

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Going to do MSQ first. I will Trust the dungeon and expect the trial to be a shitshow in its opening hours. Then Tataru's quest. Then, disappear onto my island for a week

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Why do they wait until patch day to post the full notes, anyhow?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm probably gonna do the MSQ first, then Tataru, then either Island Sanctuary or Pandaemonium based on vibe; I'm usually fairly story-motivated, but Pandaemonium's story has been pretty limp thus far.

And at some point in all that apparently I'm gonna be recording a Stormblood dungeon because I've realized my next lore video is gonna need that footage sooner rather than later.

EDIT:

Regalingualius posted:

To my knowledge, basically so that they avoid people doomsaying or twisting themselves around by speculation.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Regalingualius posted:

To avoid complaining from weirdos on the internet about content/class changes that isn't even available yet.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

MSQ -> Lunch -> Raid -> Dinner -> get attacked by jealous dog -> Tataru

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i think the primary reason, or at least one of them, for not posting early patch notes is to curb speculative market board stuff

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Decided to take some pics before the servers shut down for the night. I really like my glam. Even got matching red earrings.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mostly it's so people don't mald about job changes for a week.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Countblanc posted:

i think the primary reason, or at least one of them, for not posting early patch notes is to curb speculative market board stuff

I agree that this is the main reason. The job changes being left out of the preliminary notes is something that's only been going on for a couple of years. Leaving out names of new items and recipes dates back to ARR.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

To avoid complaining from weirdos on the internet about content/class changes that isn't even available yet.
That's one reason they don't like ability change leaks, too - get a lot of volume on how they've destroyed x Job and it's not even from finalized tooltips, but if they've already changed something internally since that leak they can get the same elements claiming victory in making them change as if this gives them more community clout for demanding further changes.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Probably going to go right into new raids after work tomorrow, get those knocked out for the week while they have high volume, then worry about the rest as it comes.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Full patch notes are up.
(obviously Endwalker spoilers)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

game is now playable god bless

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy moly Gunbreaker eating good.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
That's probably the nail in the coffin of me continuing to play MCH

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
they slayed The Spire

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hogama posted:

Full patch notes are up.
(obviously Endwalker spoilers)

Is it just the battle system stuff that was added?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Did they fix the Guardian cheese in Onsal Hakair or not?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Midnightghoul posted:

Yeah, the battery gauge has always been awkward, but now is there really any point to it?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

If you're talking about PVP I feel like MCH got off insanely light with that nerf if anything. Now you're just extremely likely to die instantly if they roll high instead of a literal guarantee

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i mean there's just as much a point to it now as there was before, right? it's still the button you press when it's aligned with raid buffs.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They did actually put their rationale for changes on the Job Guide main page.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

There's one for PVP, too, I just capped the PVE page.

CJ posted:

Did they fix the Guardian cheese in Onsal Hakair or not?
Paladin was untouched for PVP.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Queen at 50 battery:
Pre -- 6 seconds, X damage per attack, final hit for Y
Post -- 12 seconds, X damage per attack, final hit for Y

Queen at 100 battery:
Pre -- 20 seconds, X damage per attack, final hit for 2Y
Post -- 12 seconds, 2X damage per attack, final hit for 2Y

If you express X as damage per second because it makes the math easy and don't worry about attack cycles versus extra time then before the patch 50-100 battery went from (6X+Y) to (20X+2Y) and after it goes from (12X+Y) to (24X+2Y).

Unless there's something about how the duration of Queen being out affected things, seems like it's just getting them all under the same metric for consistent planning. If you have 15 seconds before the boss goes untargetable Queen will do her whole thing regardless of your battery level instead of needing to check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I have a Crystalline Conflict question that's probably difficult to answer and/or telling on myself, but it's patch day, so whatever.

I got into the mode recently because I want that 200 wins airship mount, and found it really surprisingly fun, but I don't think I'm very good at it!

I mostly play Scholar and Machinist, and I've watched some videos on them to learn about their kits. I try to prioritise the Crystal and sticking with my team, but my score just seems to be pretty bad most of the time. In a losing match, I'm usually at the bottom and in a winning match I'm usually around halfway, which I assume means bottom of the winning team.

Without seeing me play, I'm sure it's hard to pick out where I'm going wrong, but are there any common mistakes I might be making, or some element of the score system I'm overlooking?