Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Finally got an attempt at a response, apparently they've got struggles with intervals (timers) which causes the issues in the game when it comes to the back button.

It shouldn't apply to this fix at all, but I realize that's an impossible argument to make to such a small team. If that's actually the reason, then it shouldn't be an issue with me doing it for myself. If I get banned, then gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Just in case - you do know you can spend silver to amp up the stamina-per-click for an area by going into the area info and scrolling down to Exploring Effectiveness, right? (I missed that feature for like a month starting out.)

Not at all the same as “hold to explore” but helps a lot with click spam.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

If you keep the delay between clicks reasonable when automating there's not really any way for them to tell you're doing it, since it seems that the way they detect scripting is mostly just by the amount of actions performed in a period of time (this is how my attempt at a fishing script got caught, I accidentally wrote it in a way that would cause it to catch multiple fish off each attempt).

The amount of time you run the script could also be a factor. They might pick up on you exploring for 24 hours straight without a break, even with a reasonable delay.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

susan b buffering posted:

If you keep the delay between clicks reasonable when automating there's not really any way for them to tell you're doing it, since it seems that the way they detect scripting is mostly just by the amount of actions performed in a period of time (this is how my attempt at a fishing script got caught, I accidentally wrote it in a way that would cause it to catch multiple fish off each attempt).

The amount of time you run the script could also be a factor. They might pick up on you exploring for 24 hours straight without a break, even with a reasonable delay.

Nah I intend to use it the exact way I pitched it as a feature. It will search every 0.5-1.5sec (gonna keep it random to make it harder to detect) and only use it the same way I'd tap. Works great on PC and I think I can get Greasemonkey working on Firefox Nightly for Android.

And yea I increased my stamina use, but honestly once I realized how many taps it takes to go from 90 to 100 I just decided that wasn't worth the pain, time or effort.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 22, 2022

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Atoramos posted:

And yea I increased my stamina use, but honestly once I realized how many taps it takes to go from 90 to 100 I just decided that wasn't worth the pain, time or effort.

I have no disability but still find the clicking annoying as gently caress. I would love the feature you describe. In the meantime, apple ciders or bust.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Unponderable posted:

I have no disability but still find the clicking annoying as gently caress. I would love the feature you describe. In the meantime, apple ciders or bust.

Yea I mean, this is how people get RSI and Carpal Tunnel. I really really don't like being that rear end in a top hat player that makes demands but it kinda feels worth it here.

I'll post the script later in the week once I'm home. I've been away and literally programmed up the fix on my phone.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
1000%- as someone who would like to avoid an RSI it seems like an obviously useful feature

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Well, had a player reach out in-game after they experienced targeted harassment from a mod, including reaffirming the open trans discrimination I witnessed another player encounter yesterday. I was warned to be careful about in-game messages as they were targeted due to info in them.

Really not sure if this game is worth it. Auggie is the mod who openly told chat to stop supporting the trans player. There needs to be some real change, and it doesn't feel right supporting FarmRPG if that's the type of leadership FS promotes.

Edit: just got invited by the player I mentioned to a very large off-site community of all the players I recognized and enjoyed from the game's chat. They're all good people united against this poo poo so I guess it's worth it to play a bit longer.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 22, 2022

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I have the tower open and am on floor 26 now. I'm thinking of just hoarding everything until the next event. I currently have enough AK for about 10 more floors, but am money constrained. I'm also stuck on 98 explore, and am keeping stam/buildings capped to max inventory.

My thoughts are to use my daily Large Nets on PC for cash to get up to Floor 30 for the next item, then just hoard everything including stamina for the next event (which hopefully is around Labor Day). If I hoard stamina now can use the event to get to 99 explore and then drop all the LNs and stored high value items for the silver bonus which should get me either some 4x99 pets or to at least the point in the tower where I'm AK constrained. Does that make sense?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Fhqwhgads posted:

I have the tower open and am on floor 26 now. I'm thinking of just hoarding everything until the next event. I currently have enough AK for about 10 more floors, but am money constrained. I'm also stuck on 98 explore, and am keeping stam/buildings capped to max inventory.

My thoughts are to use my daily Large Nets on PC for cash to get up to Floor 30 for the next item, then just hoard everything including stamina for the next event (which hopefully is around Labor Day). If I hoard stamina now can use the event to get to 99 explore and then drop all the LNs and stored high value items for the silver bonus which should get me either some 4x99 pets or to at least the point in the tower where I'm AK constrained. Does that make sense?

That is literally what I did prior to the Back to School event and it took me from 92-99 in about 2 days with about 1.3 million stam, you should have no problem if there is a Labor Day event.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Atoramos posted:

Might not be so pissed if I didn't see the Mod aggie telling players to shut up about 'hot button' issues in chat for supporting a Trans player. Looks like some of the major players are dogshit garbage humans

Today's Update posted:

There are MANY hot-button topics that are not allowed here. This is NOT because staff is inherently opposed to these topics, but because they are extremely divisive and do not align with the goals set forth for the game and community.

:tif:

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Yeah, I don't even chat, but gently caress that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What goals are those, I wonder

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Does getting more stones from the quarry increase the drop rate of the gems? Like is it 1:100 per time interval or 1:10000 per stone so you get 30 chances per time interval?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

H110Hawk posted:

Does getting more stones from the quarry increase the drop rate of the gems? Like is it 1:100 per time interval or 1:10000 per stone so you get 30 chances per time interval?

No, same with Ironworks and the Screw/Spring drops from there. You'll obviously upgrade the Quarry for Stone itself, but Ironworks can be left at 1 without impacting rare drop frequency/amount.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Klungar posted:

No, same with Ironworks and the Screw/Spring drops from there. You'll obviously upgrade the Quarry for Stone itself, but Ironworks can be left at 1 without impacting rare drop frequency/amount.

Lame. Thanks!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Today's Update posted:

There are MANY hot-button topics that are not allowed here. This is NOT because staff is inherently opposed to these topics, but because they are extremely divisive and do not align with the goals set forth for the game and community.

What a weasely thing to do. "Our goal for the game and community is to exclude people that don't fit our worldview" is how I read that trash statement.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Vasler posted:

What a weasely thing to do. "Our goal for the game and community is to exclude people that don't fit our worldview" is how I read that trash statement.

I think it’s more of a “please don’t talk about things that people are going to report we don’t want to deal with moderation any more than we absolutely have to.”

E: which sucks but content moderation is hard also so I do at least understand where it’s coming from.

Kalman fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 23, 2022

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Just cancelled my Patreon. Not noticeable to them, obviously, but it made me feel better.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Might stop playing and find something else to idle with.

an expert
Jul 18, 2011

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Just cancelled my Patreon. Not noticeable to them, obviously, but it made me feel better.

Same. I am a lurker who got into the game because of this thread and used the referral code in the OP, I was probably referred-patron #10. I made it very clear in the cancellation why. It sucks, because I loved it, really scratched my itch for an idle cross between AC and spreadsheets, but alas. If they clean their poo poo up I'd go back in a heartbeat.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Cancelled as well, giving them money didn't sit right

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

So like, what happened? Because I don’t quite understand the drama but it’s sounding like maybe I might need to reassess whether I’m going to actually support this game?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I’ll lend my voice, for lack of a Patreon to cancel.

e: Response

Klungar fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 23, 2022

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Honestly a number of things seemed to be happening at once.

1.) Completely unknown to me, there's a group in chat that have some background issues with the mods as-is. Game drama escalated in some dumb ways, and a post was made to the game's Suggestions site asking for better control of how official communication by mods are handled.

2.) I saw a mod shut down a supportive discussion of a trans player over it being a 'hot button' issue. I made a comment in the post from #1 stating what I saw, and how I felt about it. Today the suggestion and comment were removed, along with the update you can all see.

3.) Completely separate from the above are my own opinions on how difficult it is to add specific accessibility options to the game. At this point my issue has been completely dwarfed by the above issues and is pretty irrelevant.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 23, 2022

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Klungar posted:

That is a less than stellar response, but thank you

an expert
Jul 18, 2011

Atoramos posted:

3.) Completely separate from the above are my own opinions on how difficult it is to add specific accessibility options to the game. At this point my issue has been completely dwarfed by the above issues and pretty irrelevant.

Not irrelevant imo. I've got motor control issues and the only way I'd been able to do exploring is because I could position my phone to drum my fingers on the explore thing. I 100% would've been grateful for and used that script you made, and it sounds like it would've been an easy thing to change on their end.

eta:

Wtf do they think people are talking about being trans in order to get a rise out of people??

an expert fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 23, 2022

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Ah, I wondered what triggered that update. Assumed it was users being lovely, not the mods.

Well, I was getting annoyed at the RNG of corn dropping a runestone stopping me from progressing meaningfully for nearly two weeks, so with this I’m just going to uninstall.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Sounds like this mod has a serious case of the orange site brain and went full "there's no discussing politics here! This is a politics free zone for corn love! :qqsay:"

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

an expert posted:

Not irrelevant imo. I've got motor control issues and the only way I'd been able to do exploring is because I could position my phone to drum my fingers on the explore thing. I 100% would've been grateful for and used that script you made, and it sounds like it would've been an easy thing to change on their end.

I'm pretty confident it's not a difficult change, but since intervals cause issues on other pages I can kinda understand why a small team is going to be hesitant to try my fix. I've been on vacation and haven't really been able to put together real documentation to prove my point besides testing a fix on my phone and confirming it seemed to work fine.

an expert posted:

Wtf do they think people are talking about being trans in order to get a rise out of people??

Edit: Think I figured this out. Apparently someone named their raptor Trans Rights and the mods made them change it. I now think that's what FS was referencing.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 23, 2022

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Atoramos posted:

That said, I was pretty clear in the post they removed what I saw and why it bothered me, so I would have expected a clear statement like 'trans players and discussion is fine'.

Yea, I've confirmed this is their official stance.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

So just ban the transphobes ...?

an expert
Jul 18, 2011

Atoramos posted:

Yea, I've confirmed this is their official stance.

Backlash from both ends, you know, the trans people/allies and the people who want us to die. Both equally as bad. Sure wish they were less "we accept all people, shut up about being queer (the people roleplaying mommy and daddy in the giveaway chat totally fine tho)" and more "actually the CoC we linked 3 times says don't discriminate as the first thing so you're banned if you're going to be lovely"

Thank you for posting about this, Atoramos. I appreciate knowing this is their policy before I gave them anymore money.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

yeah the better option is to ban the shithead transphobes rather than taking the “if we don’t talk about it everyone is happy” approach

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Klungar posted:

make it four; i listed this as my reason

Kaboobi posted:

...ban the shithead transphobes rather than taking the “if we don’t talk about it everyone is happy” approach

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah I uninstalled

You don't balance a game on RNG and then try to duck and weave away from a problem like this. Is it game related? No. Should they have known that any chatroom aspect to their game could lead to this? Uh, yeah. Yeah they should have. If they're blindsided by this stuff, learn the lesson and move on.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Yeah, 'don't ask don't tell' is not consistent with:

FarmRPG code of conduct posted:

This game is played by people all over the world with different races, creeds, religions, genders, identities, ages, nationalities, marital statuses, and various ideologies. Do not discriminate against any person or class of persons for any reason.

Edit: I found a different but similar example:

FarmRPG code of conduct posted:

If you are under 18 years old, do not discuss that anywhere on the FarmRPG platform.

Unponderable fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 23, 2022

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Cancelled my patreon as well, explained the reason in the cancel message too.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I don’t understand why anyone would need to talk about their gender/sex/sexuality in the game chat of a loving FARMING game in the first place tbqh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

monkeytennis posted:

I don’t understand why anyone would need to talk about their gender/sex/sexuality in the game chat of a loving FARMING game in the first place tbqh.

Oh I hear ya. Seems a weird thing to bring up in the middle of an idle clicker. But just punish the haters and move on, easy peasy. That's all that was needed here.