Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
Don't know what wiki you're reading, but it does need fertilizer (dirt).

Also what the hell is wrong with the image hosting site you're using? Imgur doesn't do dumb poo poo like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Mayveena posted:

Wiki says mealwood doesn't need fertilizer? So what's going on?

Thanks for any help.

Well I figured out there was no dirt. Fertilizer and dirt aren't the same but the game calls dirt fertilizer

HolHorsejob posted:

Don't know what wiki you're reading, but it does need fertilizer (dirt).

Also what the hell is wrong with the image hosting site you're using? Imgur doesn't do dumb poo poo like this

Imgur is a service that is run as a for profit, meaning that they are using tracking and all other kinds of profit making activities. Postimage just posts your image. That is all. No sign up, no tracking, no profit. I'm sorry that it has caused problems for you but I'm not changing. Block me and the future and all will be well for you.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Fair enough. Sorry to lay into your post, the meat of my gripe is that this site uses clickable thumbnails that just zoom and don't link offsite, and your pics look almost identical.

To make clickable thumbnails, use the tag [timg].

HolHorsejob fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 19, 2022

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Mayveena posted:

Fertilizer and dirt aren't the same but the game calls dirt fertilizer
Dirt is fertilizer *for mealwood*. For other plants fertilizer may be non-existent (bristle blossoms, which have an irrigation requirement instead) or different (dusk caps, which require slime).

It’s unfortunate they use the same word in two different contexts.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Dirt is fertilizer *for mealwood*. For other plants fertilizer may be non-existent (bristle blossoms, which have an irrigation requirement instead) or different (dusk caps, which require slime).

It’s unfortunate they use the same word in two different contexts.

I'm going to have to restart which honestly I expected when I started this save since it's been years since I played and I've forgotten a lot. I'll be sure to transition into a better food faster. Mealwood is all I have in this save and there's no more dirt.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
there should be literal megatons of dirt unless you start on a weird asteroid, i'm pretty sure

if you started on swamp there's tons of mud instead, which you put into the centrifuge to get water and dirt out

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Truga posted:

there should be literal megatons of dirt unless you start on a weird asteroid, i'm pretty sure

if you started on swamp there's tons of mud instead, which you put into the centrifuge to get water and dirt out

You're right there is. Then why isn't it being delivered? My food is shrinking rapidly.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Assuming your dupes are able to reach the dirt, they may be busy with other jobs. I don't know if delivering dirt falls under farming or supplying, try turning up these work priorities and see if it solves the problem.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I always set farm tiles to priority 6 when I build them. Don’t even think about it any more.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

I find I need a dedicated dupe with farming as a highest priority by the time you have 5+ dupes.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Part III of how to make a random petrol boiler (Part 1, Part 2)

Build finished safely*!
The main automation for this is keeping the pot hot, and thermo sensors don't work in a vacuum. There's another sensor to let oil flow in when the pot is hot enough and stop it if it ever drops too cold to work. By temporarily setting this to green for BELOW 406 (usually set to green when ABOVE) i let a bunch of oil flow in. I then adjusted the other thermostat to green when below 100 degrees. The steel door slams shut, heat starts to flow. But - it has to flow all down a long diamond pipe, before it hits the oil and sensor, so by the time that gets to 100, the top is at 500 degrees and the door opens. Wait a while, and it settles down to 180 degrees in the pot:

That was just from the diamond being so cold to start with. When up to temperature, it should not swing so wildly, but yeah - dangling it off a long rod is not the most efficient way to use the heat. But it works. So, gradually raise the temperature, 50 degrees at a time and let it settle until petrol is formed and...

Yeah. So I should have seen that one coming. When it converted to petrol, it became a 2-high stack and things went all a bit funny and it threw a bunch of cold oil down the stairs. Luckily in this design it's just a mop job.

Take II

Deeper well, and due to the distance, I added a second thermo sensor on the left - closer to the heat to try and smooth those spikes. As the door opens on green, two sensors is fine on one wire, and the door will open if either trip - which actually works quite nicely. So we get up to temperature, oil turns to petrol, and now I turn it on at 1kg/s. It seems to work ok, petrol starts cascading down and cooling, and oil flows in. At this point, the counterflow is doing nothing, it's all too cold, so all the heat is supplied from the magma only. This is worst case, and it copes fine at 1kg/s so I whack it up to 5:

and I let it fill up the pool at the bottom + a 5t tank:

and the petrol out the end is still 75 degrees, which is not bad, but is largely still thermal mass. In many hundreds of cycles, then it should have settled down, but I still expect it to be ~100 instead of 125 or higher. We shall see.
E: Another small thing to notice, that 500C spike on the diamond close to the magma door worried me, so I added an extra insulated tile to keep that part away from the petrol. If the superhot top of the diamond heat pipe were to touch the petrol, then the petrol would flash to sour gas, and then you have to vacuum it out again. Luckily sour gas is <700C so you don't have the problems of scalding dupes, but unless you clean it up quick, it ruins the thermal isolation of the vacuum and everything in the room is going to heat up to +300C in a few cycles.

Anyway, that's all pretty simple, the only complex bit is the automation (which I got 100% wrong first time too). The thing with these boilers, is they dont like short runs. They want to run for at least a cycle, so the automation i like is on the end pool, and I want it to drop by an entire tile before the boiler starts, then rise by a whole tile. Now you could just attach another liquid tank and use its output directly but that's too simple dammit. I used a Memory Circuit!

Check out this mind boggling array of complexity:

So yeah, I really just wanted to show how cool the memory switch is when you attach it to 2 things. The way to think of it is like.. pong.
The 'set' input is like the bottom bat hitting the ball when it is green - it starts the pool filling (ball going up) by the memory circuit turning green. When when we trip the bottom sensor to red, the memory stays green until we trip the top sensor. This then acts like the pong bat at the top when it is green, as this trips the memory circuit to output red, stop the oil, and the pool will now drain by use. When it drains enough, the bottom sensor trips green again, and we repeat.
So, all it is saying is: if (the pot is > 406C) and the pool is green, then let the oil flow. The second little bit of automation is the circuit in the pot that is just keeping the pot at >406 from the magma. If it ever fails then the oil supply should shut off before enough oil makes it to the pot to cool it so we end up in a situation like our startup. I left the emergency door hold-open switch in place, just in case we need to service the thing.

Fin

* Not involving gaseous lead.

OzyMandrill fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 19, 2022

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

OzyMandrill posted:

I find I need a dedicated dupe with farming as a highest priority by the time you have 5+ dupes.

agreed, agriculture and cuisine are my earliest hires. I've taken to making one starter dupe a farmer lately.

Also I used to make a lot of pickled meal but liceloaf is a better calorie stretch (1200 cal meal lice x 50kg water for 1700 kcals) and slightly better quality (0 vs -1) also i think any dupe can use the microbe musher

edit: finally put my first hydrogen rocket in space and got Easy Livin' and Honorary Degree

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Taking my first dip into nuclear. Do beeta hives ever get full? Of enriched uranium, that is.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Taking my first dip into nuclear. Do beeta hives ever get full? Of enriched uranium, that is.

Full as in stop working? Not that Ive noticed. Ive had arow of hives and only harvested the first couple, and the others build up over 1t in each.

tima
Mar 1, 2001

No longer a newbie

OzyMandrill posted:

Part III of how to make a random petrol boiler (Part 1, Part 2)

Thanks for the write up! This inspired me to make a version that's as simple as possible for my base. This can handle about 300g of oil per second, and uses my natural magma reserves much more efficiently than the steam turbines.

Using hydrogen for cooling, which I'm running at about -225C out, with automation skipping the last 2 sets of coolers if they are already over -200C, the whole loop cools by about 100C from start to finish. The counter flow stuff was useful, as it helps to cool the sour gas so I can handle it with a steel pump as well as running hydrogen in the opposite direction of the sour gas in the main cooling chamber to make sure it liquidifies efficiently.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Awesome job! Try shoving some conductive electrical bridges pointing vertically in your boiler section out of the metal blocks (up and down). Gas exchanges heat with solids at 25x normal rates, and the bridges thermally link the metal blocks with a tile 3 spaces away and gives an extra contact between that tile and the gas. I go overboard an add all the bridges I can, but the electrical one is by far the most important as it has massive conductivity.

insta
Jan 28, 2009
Turns out my current Volcanea map is about 20% hot obsidian/igneous by surface area. Should be great for my geothermal thingy I like building.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

gently caress you carnivore. With 8 cycles to spare.

Just got to get super sustainable and I can delete this janky-rear end save and never speak of this again.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Had a really nice base going until I completely destoryed it by setting a research reactor in the wrong spot. I'll know for next time I guess. Did have quite a few improvements over the last run though.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

oh jay posted:

gently caress you carnivore. With 8 cycles to spare.

Just got to get super sustainable and I can delete this janky-rear end save and never speak of this again.

Ha ha, carnivore is such a lovely achievement. It's not interesting, creative, or fun to execute, it's just a hassle. The only reasonable way to do it is make a world just for it and then trashcan the dumpster fire immediately afterwards, like you did.

I wish games like this would delete awful achievements.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I'm fine with it in principle; there should probably be a few cheevos that you can't do on a normal run and have to go out of your way to do. But something about the way it's tuned is just miserable.

I'm probably going to split the different and reuse the same seed, but actually make a functional colony on this asteroid cluster.

insta
Jan 28, 2009
turns out my Volcanea map had no metal volcanoes period, so there was an unfortunate CPU-obliterating mishap with the sandbox "paint" tool and 6000K 99999kg/tile rock gas

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

insta posted:

turns out my Volcanea map had no metal volcanoes period, so there was an unfortunate CPU-obliterating mishap with the sandbox "paint" tool and 6000K 99999kg/tile rock gas

yeah I'm glad Tools Not Included works again, I don't bother with maps that don't have halfway decent volcanoes. So done with uncovering a map only to find it has 3 chlorine vents, 3 CO2 vents, 2 CO2 geysers, and no metal volcanoes

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
So even unbroken abyssalite will transfer temperature? I had a steam room carved into an abyssalite deposit and the steam generator would overheat instantly. The abyssalite was hot from an adjacent volcano but it wasn't transferring to anything else. Switching to insulated tiles fixed everything up

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Panty Saluter posted:

So even unbroken abyssalite will transfer temperature? I had a steam room carved into an abyssalite deposit and the steam generator would overheat instantly. The abyssalite was hot from an adjacent volcano but it wasn't transferring to anything else.

No, but actually yes.
Abyssalite will still exchange temperature with gas somewhat. It's probably also the so called "flaking" mechanic - if you drip water on hot abyssalite it'll instantly boil and cool it, but if there's just a pool of water it will not exchange temperature. And there are some weird edge cases, like dripping water into a pool of water on hot abyssalite causes the whole pool to start boiling until it's all steam.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

For those having food issues, ranching is a great early-mid game thing to work on.
Get a dupe with husbandry and one either trained or (if you are lucky) starting with mechatronics* nice and early. Make a ranch with up to 8 critters in, and I have 1 unpowered incubator** per ranch just sitting around. These will take priority for eggs, so there will always be an egg reserved to replace natural losses. Any other eggs then get chucked in the evolver, and will evolve into meat in many cycles. Yeah, its a massive wait for natural hatching, and then growing up as the babies don't seem to path into water, but after 20-30 cycles or so you should start getting regular enough meat to support 3-4 dupes per ranch. I don't know the exact numbers, and cba to work it out, but in my current game I have 2 food ranches for 6 dupes + a bunch of pip-planted wild plants, and it's coped for 500+ cycles while I've built weird contraptions.

I also recently found this design for the easiest automatic egg2meat evolver:

It's only a few kg of brine in the bottom, but when the airlock door shuts it's enough to drown them.
E: and it can be nudged to fit in the 4-high corridor easily.

The main reason to shoot for ranching early is it is water free food, with a good morale bonus, and will happily cope with temperatures > 30C. You do need to feed them, but hatches eat rocks, and pips can plant their own food trees (or make a ranch around 3 trees).

* For building the evolver. Before you get that, excess eggs can be turned into omelette short-term to keep the food going. What you don't want to do is leave them in the ranch, otherwise they count as a creature for overcrowding and stop the others making more eggs.
**Incubators cost a lot of energy. Possibly worth it to get ranches going in the first place, not worth it for maintaining them.

OzyMandrill fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 22, 2022

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
For hatch ranching I’m pretty sure these are the numbers, once it gets up to speed:

Each ranch of 8 hatches will feed five dupes (plus a little extra).
You want one unpowered incubator for every 5 hatches.

If you have too many incubators, you’ll notice hatches walking around. Just disable one if that happens.
Also if you don’t have enough ranchers to do all the ranching quickly enough, it kind of falls apart.

Edit: that drowning chamber seems overly complicated. For starters you can put the conveyor chute under water.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 22, 2022

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

For hatch ranching I’m pretty sure these are the numbers, once it gets up to speed:

Each ranch of 8 hatches will feed five dupes (plus a little extra).
You want one unpowered incubator for every 5 hatches.

If you have too many incubators, you’ll notice hatches walking around. Just disable one if that happens.
Also if you don’t have enough ranchers to do all the ranching quickly enough, it kind of falls apart.

Edit: that drowning chamber seems overly complicated. For starters you can put the conveyor chute under water.
It was a design I saw on reddit, I did wonder why it didnt drop them underwater. I think the rest is needed tho (mainly to stop the dupes coming in and loving it over)

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Maybe, but I’m not understanding it. Particularly the designs where people have the horizontal door opening and closing.

If you just make that horizontal door a screen door (that never opens) and put the conveyor chute in the water,

It still drowns the babies.
Dupes can walk over it without pausing.
The auto-sweeper (and dupes if you want) can reach through the screen door and grab meat.
Same with eggs (to put into incubators) if necessary.

If you don’t allow dupes to eat meat, I’m not sure how they could mess things up.

But if it works, it works.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Panty Saluter posted:

So even unbroken abyssalite will transfer temperature? I had a steam room carved into an abyssalite deposit and the steam generator would overheat instantly. The abyssalite was hot from an adjacent volcano but it wasn't transferring to anything else. Switching to insulated tiles fixed everything up

Natural abyssalite tiles exchange heat with neighboring tiles using the geometric mean of the thermal conductivity, so that conduction is always incredibly slow. For example with water: Sqrt ( 0.00001 * 0.609 ) = 0.002467793.

There's two scenarios where flaking occurs:
Natural solid tiles will partially melt when in contact with a gas hotter than the solid's melting point. Enough heat energy is stolen from the gas to liquefy 5kg of solid, and that liquid is ejected from the solid. This ignores the thermal conductivity of the tile and gas, so this is how abyssalite melters work to produce liquid tungsten using superheated gasses. This is also why an ice ceiling will drip water all over in an annoying way as warm oxygen/hydrogen touches it.

Liquids can partially boil due to direct contact with gas, liquid (of a different type, though this is rare since liquids exchange heat the normal way quickly), or solid tiles, in this case including non-natural tiles above the liquid's phase change point. This is the traditional 'oops I made a sour gas boiler by digging into the abyssalite'. Heat is stolen from the hot abyssalite (which won't cool off normally due to conduction, so it stays hot) and used to boil the crude->petroleum->sour gas, 5kg at a time. Like with the melting, this heat transfer ignores thermal conductivity. This even works with insulated tiles and is why your liquid oxygen or liquid hydrogen tanks tend to 'boil' a lot at the bottom while they're cooling down, because the insulated tile is way hotter than the boiling point of the liquid, so it steals heat 5kg chunks at a time. You can speed this up by lining with metal tiles, because they conduct normally and so cool down instead of causing flaking for ages.

This behavior is to make things more realistic, so you don't have to say, completely warm up a 1 ton ice tile and then have it all melt at once. But because the game only models one material (liquid or solid) per tile at once, there's no way to partially heat part of a tile, so you can't really use thermal conductivity to do the calcuation. If the TC was low, you couldn't partially heat part of a tile since there'd be nowhere to put the still-solid 5kg part of the tile that's slightly warmer than the rest. It would end up just slowly heating like normal heat transfer and then melting all at once. Arguably you could disable flaking entirely for super low-TC materials like abyssalite or insulated tiles, that would fix 99% of the crazy behavior. There's not much reason to have an abyssalite melter anymore since there's tungsten volcanos and tungsten asteroids.

insta
Jan 28, 2009
re: insulated tiles for lox/lh2 ... I never understood that. 95% of the time they're built in space. Just use regular tiles and let the vacuum of space insulate it.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Maybe, but I’m not understanding it. Particularly the designs where people have the horizontal door opening and closing.

If you just make that horizontal door a screen door (that never opens) and put the conveyor chute in the water,

It still drowns the babies.
Dupes can walk over it without pausing.
The auto-sweeper (and dupes if you want) can reach through the screen door and grab meat.
Same with eggs (to put into incubators) if necessary.

If you don’t allow dupes to eat meat, I’m not sure how they could mess things up.

But if it works, it works.

Ah, but dupes reaching in and having access to eggs is exactly the problem. I used to have walk-over little mesh door ones, but occasionally while transitioning food types or something, eggs would wander off. This only has a puddle of water (I have literally 1 geyser as a water source), and the solid door makes that a full tile for drowning in, so critters happily walk into the trap. Stuff with a locked processing room is just more robust, I like to lock doors with automation switches instead of relying on a dupe with high enough toggling for the same reasons.

OzyMandrill fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 22, 2022

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

OzyMandrill posted:

Ah, but dupes reaching in and having access to eggs is exactly the problem. I used to have walk-over little mesh door ones, but occasionally while transitioning food types or something, eggs would wander off. This only has a puddle of water (I have literally 1 geyser as a water source), and the solid door makes that a full tile for drowning in, so critters happily walk into the trap. Stuff with a locked processing room is just more robust, I like to lock doors with automation switches instead of relying on a dupe with high enough toggling for the same reasons.
Where are they going with the eggs? You shouldn't need to restrict dupes like that. I also just use a screen door and a single water tile. Coincidentally I also store my pacu in that single tile.

I ran into a bug that makes me unable to get the cosmic archeology achievement and it has entirely soured my all-achievements run. Apparently if you save/load while a rocket is in transit the object doesn't get 'tagged' as being from another planet so it won't increment the terrestrial counter. It was supposedly fixed last month https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni_so/terrestrial-artifacts-the-latest-release-r33692/ but I still ran into the bug. Will probably make a post about it, it seems to be a recurring bug that was reported last year.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Bhodi posted:

Where are they going with the eggs? You shouldn't need to restrict dupes like that. I also just use a screen door and a single water tile. Coincidentally I also store my pacu in that single tile.

I ran into a bug that makes me unable to get the cosmic archeology achievement and it has entirely soured my all-achievements run. Apparently if you save/load while a rocket is in transit the object doesn't get 'tagged' as being from another planet so it won't increment the terrestrial counter. It was supposedly fixed last month https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni_so/terrestrial-artifacts-the-latest-release-r33692/ but I still ran into the bug. Will probably make a post about it, it seems to be a recurring bug that was reported last year.

My last run had the everything-is-office-mugs bug. Every single space artifact, from any space POI, was always office mugs. Even the first visit, even if you only had one artifact thing on the rocket, office mug, every time.

Also my last run by cycle 1000 was laggy as hell, even got to the point where any planets I visited and wasn't really using I'd manually paint over the whole map with 1kg tiles of refined carbon and destroy all the extra debris at the bottom of the map, kill all the critters on other planets, etc... the framerate would be not TOO bad, but the dupes would stand around forever between tasks. The game performance needs massive work still.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Rescue Toaster posted:

Also my last run by cycle 1000 was laggy as hell, even got to the point where any planets I visited and wasn't really using I'd manually paint over the whole map with 1kg tiles of refined carbon and destroy all the extra debris at the bottom of the map, kill all the critters on other planets, etc... the framerate would be not TOO bad, but the dupes would stand around forever between tasks. The game performance needs massive work still.

One thing to reduce lag is to cut down on the number of possible pathfinding choices. Make enclosures for any animals as small as possible and break unnecessary connections in scaffolding, like from excavations or unused areas. It seems to help anyway. I'm not sure how that compares to doing large debris sweeps.

It is annoying having dupes stand around between tasks but it also seems to mess with the physics in the game. I've noticed the lava droppers in my steam turbines don't work unless I either slow the game down or add more time on the filter gates. I'm sure it must have other effects as well.

Edit: classic oni mistake: accidentally superheating your oxygen lines when doing a refit to cool your living area. Don't absent mindedly build with igneous rock when your dupes have access to volcano output!

Adenoid Dan fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 22, 2022

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Adenoid Dan posted:

One thing to reduce lag is to cut down on the number of possible pathfinding choices. Make enclosures for any animals as small as possible and break unnecessary connections in scaffolding, like from excavations or unused areas. It seems to help anyway. I'm not sure how that compares to doing large debris sweeps.

It is annoying having dupes stand around between tasks but it also seems to mess with the physics in the game. I've noticed the lava droppers in my steam turbines don't work unless I either slow the game down or add more time on the filter gates. I'm sure it must have other effects as well.

Edit: classic oni mistake: accidentally superheating your oxygen lines when doing a refit to cool your living area. Don't absent mindedly build with igneous rock when your dupes have access to volcano output!

Are the planets all being physically simulated before you discover them?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I don’t think so. I don’t think uncovered areas on your current asteroid are either. Main reason I think so is because when you first see an area, you’ll often see a bunch of text pop ups. Things like “+ wild” on critters. Plus you’ll see things like water just starting to flow over edges.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
You will find things like geysers unpressurized when you uncover their biome even if you don't find them until late in the game

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Got a bunch of germy, polluted oxygen that's not really doing anything? build a scrubber box and pipe it to an oxylite refinery. It make tons upon tons of otherwise useless gas disappear. it's bananas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Rescue Toaster posted:

My last run had the everything-is-office-mugs bug. Every single space artifact, from any space POI, was always office mugs. Even the first visit, even if you only had one artifact thing on the rocket, office mug, every time.

Jetpacks also cause massive amounts of lag because of the increased pathfinding. So if you are using any of those, remove them and performance might improve.

Having hundreds of critters stashed away somewhere, like fish, will also cause a lot of lag. You can mitigate this somewhat by keeping them in a single tile. Land critters can be kept somewhere with 3 tile high walls on both sides. If you use the screen doors instead of walls, dupes can reach through them for whatever product dropped.