Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Isn't there an npc you can give some item to in order to spawn a trak guts only mob?

Not till luclin or later, maybe pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

onesixtwo posted:

Not till luclin or later, maybe pop.

Oh interesting - I'll look into that. Probably be around then when I might get one

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
which one of you did this

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Probably Ryino

shaggy--
Nov 9, 2000
Hillary Clinton loves a winner!

diapermeat posted:

Oh interesting - I'll look into that. Probably be around then when I might get one

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=6415

This is the dude.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

xZAOx posted:

Probably Ryino
:ninja:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Murray posted:

Man, I jumped ship pretty quick there. I was in and out of WB within a week. Enjoy the show! Looking forward to when you app to ragrets.

Boy do I have a story, but later.

Murray
Jul 29, 2004

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Boy do I have a story, but later.

:sickos:

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Setset posted:

which one of you did this

where's the ring?

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Wow, gently caress this Ancient Jarsath business

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Verbose posted:

Wow, gently caress this Ancient Jarsath business

For you, friend, a quick ancient jarsath guide.

Step 1: Be a bard, shaman, shadowknight, maaaaybe necromancer.

Step 2: install ShowEQ and set up a spawn alert for ancient jarsath.

Step 3: Position yourself south of the ruins near the road (but not south of the road if you're evil!).

Step 4: Watch Netflix. The ancient jarsath will spawn naturally over time due to pilgrims/faedrakes killing drolvargs. And you can let the other suckers kill them too.

Step 5: Alert pings. Check ShowEQ. If it spawned near you, race to get it. If it didn't, don't.

For shaman, use spirit of the cheetah to get there faster. Keep levitate on yourself if possible. Bane + Pox + Ice Strike should secure it.

For shadowknight, melee + unholy aura + HT + melee + lifetaps should secure it.

Using this patented method, I secured 10 medallions for my guildies on Aradune, and 6 for my guildies on Yelinak.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm a bard and was paired with a necro and cleric who were doing sense undead things and I seelos'd us around. 3 in 3 hours.

It does seem quite lovely if you aren't one of the classes above

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Step 3: Position yourself south of the ruins near the road (but not south of the road if you're evil!).

Step 4: Watch Netflix. The ancient jarsath will spawn naturally over time due to pilgrims/faedrakes killing drolvargs. And you can let the other suckers kill them too.

Step 5: Alert pings. Check ShowEQ. If it spawned near you, race to get it. If it didn't, don't.

For shaman, use spirit of the cheetah to get there faster. Keep levitate on yourself if possible. Bane + Pox + Ice Strike should secure it.

Using this patented method, I secured 10 medallions for my guildies on Aradune, and 6 for my guildies on Yelinak.

Are you in my guild on Yelinak (SYU)? We have someone in our guild that secured at least 6 for us and pissed off a bunch of people so much that they reported him.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

diapermeat posted:

Are you in my guild on Yelinak (SYU)? We have someone in our guild that secured at least 6 for us and pissed off a bunch of people so much that they reported him.

Oh hey SYU buddy, my main is Blaine.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

MrSargent posted:

Oh hey SYU buddy, my main is Blaine.

Nice! LastFive here

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

diapermeat posted:

We have someone in our guild that secured at least 6 for us and pissed off a bunch of people so much that they reported him.

sounds like kunark on any TLP! that place is always the biggest drama, well now that they made ground targets incapable of being destroyed.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I remember camping the ancient jarsath back in 2000. I was a paladin and sense undead made it easy, but I never got to even make the key because my guild didn't want to raid anything beyond zerging Gorenaire or Talendor.

That's my ancient jarsath story.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

Node posted:

I remember camping the ancient jarsath back in 2000. I was a paladin and sense undead made it easy, but I never got to even make the key because my guild didn't want to raid anything beyond zerging Gorenaire or Talendor.

That's my ancient jarsath story.

I only got to see VP this year, had to help the guild camp the Ancient Jarsath for days and watched people burn out on the game over this, HS keys, and other jank only found in classic EQ.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
is VP even worth it? on TAKP at least, people rarely bothered because most of the loot was outdated by Luclin. not sure how TLP compares.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Generally folks do the stuff as it releases, though you don't NEED VP loot to do velious, you can do ntov/icewell/sleepers without it. In fact, a lot of people won't have VP loot or will have very little of it because of 1 week timers and only getting a couple items per mob across 50+ raiders in the 2-3 months before velious releases.

There is also VP 2.0 but I don't think people really do that, we didn't on mischief anyway.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

cmdrk posted:

is VP even worth it? on TAKP at least, people rarely bothered because most of the loot was outdated by Luclin. not sure how TLP compares.

There are a few drops that are worth it, as well as some Meme items like the SOW sword.

Downside is that they put a LOT of weapon in VP because they assumed you would get to VP before you got your epic. Given that some Blue servers would have rotations you could see a dragon kill once a month and other dragons needed Zerg tactics it could easily take a year in Kunark to see enough drops for just a few epics.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

VP is largely a colossal waste of time. Phara Dar has Yunnb Earring (good for clerics, nights, maybe druids), Robe of Azure Sky (Overrated with Luclin around the corner), Crown of Role (Good), Shroud of Veeshan (Good). Hoshkar (?) drops haste boots which are pretty good. Left Eye of Xygoz is okay at best. The rest of the loot isn't worth it for the effort, mostly.

PD is the easiest dragon in VP and is really a push-over. Silverwing is easy as well. The rest are real terrors. Just painfully difficult.

I've heard recently that very few guilds are killing PD, let alone clearing VP (either with or without Nexxona). Can anyone corroborate this?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

cmdrk posted:

Absolutely not. Velious releases about a couple weeks after most guilds will be doing their first VP raids. VP takes a fuckton of time to clear, you need a highly optimized force, and specific cheese spots to kill the dragons with the stats and numbers you’ll have. It sucks, is a huge waste of time, and all for a handful of items that might drop but get replaced in… weeks by velious or luclin at worst.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

its sad how bad VP loot is for how much effort it takes to get, like honestly most of the dragons are harder than the NTOV poo poo you'll just walk up to next expansion for free upgrades. VP is fun for a challenge + to prove you can do it, plus its just a neat zone layout, but farming it and getting unlucky with drops can make it feel like a complete waste of time. Shaman will probably suck some dicks for the instaclick buff item tho (just kidding it never drops). honestly if I never have to do the disease dragon again ill be so happy.

NTOV does have lady nev tho which is easily the worst fight that has ever been made for any videogame ever so its not all fun + games. AND she's not optional

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 23, 2022

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
We cleared VP last Thursday with 39 raiders. I don't know that we'll clear it all again in the future as someone mentioned, lots of weapons drops that were left to rot.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Indecisive posted:

its sad how bad VP loot is for how much effort it takes to get, like honestly most of the dragons are harder than the NTOV poo poo you'll just walk up to next expansion for free upgrades. VP is fun for a challenge + to prove you can do it, plus its just a neat zone layout, but farming it and getting unlucky with drops can make it feel like a complete waste of time. Shaman will probably suck some dicks for the instaclick buff item tho (just kidding it never drops). honestly if I never have to do the disease dragon again ill be so happy.

NTOV does have lady nev tho which is easily the worst fight that has ever been made for any videogame ever so its not all fun + games. AND she's not optional

What’s the Shaman clicky?

I’m a shaman who doesn’t have dozens of hours to waste on terrible camps to get my key so I’d like to know what I’m missing out on.

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

RCarr posted:

What’s the Shaman clicky?

I’m a shaman who doesn’t have dozens of hours to waste on terrible camps to get my key so I’d like to know what I’m missing out on.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=536

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don’t shamans get access to that PE shield from the kunark archaeologist quests? Or is that a druid thing, I recall that shield being incredibly useful on raids. Don’t remember who was using it for us though.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

onesixtwo posted:

Don’t shamans get access to that PE shield from the kunark archaeologist quests? Or is that a druid thing, I recall that shield being incredibly useful on raids. Don’t remember who was using it for us though.

yea but its a 13 second cast instead of instant

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Indecisive posted:

yea but its a 13 second cast instead of instant

What’s the recast? Because the recast of the instant one is 10 seconds. If it’s only a 3 second difference total it’s basically the same.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The PE shield is only for good aligned characters. I think only Barb shaman qualify. Just wait for Luclin to get the spell scroll and Group PE click from the stupid underwater raid boss in AC.

Ever since they disabled focus effects pre Luclin I consider VP a total waste of time. The Imp Healing 3 cloak was probably the best item in the place.

Just pretend raid content doesn’t exist before Velious or preferably Luclin. I’d probably only touch Velious again as tank since every other class can jump into the Luclin raids with barely any gear and do fine.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

RCarr posted:

What’s the recast? Because the recast of the instant one is 10 seconds. If it’s only a 3 second difference total it’s basically the same.

That's 13 seconds of not gnawing on themselves for more mana.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I am a paladin

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Verbose posted:

I am a paladin

Goondolences, friend. Make some shaman/bard/necromancer/shadowknight friends?

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
speaking of primal essence - does this thing drop in TLP, come Luclin? https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=8973

what version of Acrylia Caverns is on TLP anyhow?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I’ve never seen that drop personally, but the rest of the loot table looks accurate for that mob based on TLP luclin era from memory.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

cmdrk posted:

speaking of primal essence - does this thing drop in TLP, come Luclin? https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=8973

what version of Acrylia Caverns is on TLP anyhow?

I had one on Aradune in Luclin.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

And that click lands on a level 1 if they’re grouped with you, in case you want to give them a very marginal buff and make them feel special.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
A few months ago I was going through my old things at my mom's place and found these maps. Decided to get them framed and I thought they came out really nice. I haven't played since I got way to into raiding on Agnarr, but EQ has always been in my life one way or another since I was about 11 years old, so I decided this would be a nice tribute to the glory years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Batmasterson posted:

A few months ago I was going through my old things at my mom's place and found these maps. Decided to get them framed and I thought they came out really nice. I haven't played since I got way to into raiding on Agnarr, but EQ has always been in my life one way or another since I was about 11 years old, so I decided this would be a nice tribute to the glory years.

That looks so awesome! Excellent frame choice.