Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Poop and farts

More like Bigbillthebutthurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
Well I know the new "bee keeper" org is up and running because I just got my first complaint against my posting.

In case you were wondering, I'm fine, but the war against eagle-eyed uber krabs continues uninterrupted.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Playtest for new shooter, and it looks like it will be on PC. https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6992175/CCP-London-FPS-Project-Screening-Survey-II

Only registered members can see post attachments!

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

andromache posted:

Well I know the new "bee keeper" org is up and running because I just got my first complaint against my posting.

In case you were wondering, I'm fine, but the war against eagle-eyed uber krabs continues uninterrupted.

what was the post

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

WilWheaton posted:

if i joined gandr would anyone care if I honked in local in the hole all day long?

In space, no one can hear your HONKS.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

raminasi posted:

what was the post

Fartbaby.txt #lolfartbaby

It’s forbidden

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

#lolfartbaby

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Aedaxus posted:

Some wormhole groups get very angry if you use local. I just wanted to make sure gandr was not one of those.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Aedaxus posted:

Just means you need to honk louder and more often to compensate.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WilWheaton posted:

Some wormhole groups get very angry if you use local. I just wanted to make sure gandr was not one of those.

some of the most rage I've ever gotten has been from slipping past people looking for me after I blew up a venture or whatever and saying cya losers as I jump. Or just saying that while cloaked in a random dead space spot.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

WilWheaton posted:

Goose lore has it that the elder god Gootse travels the holes and curses all capsuleers He sees, forcing them to compulsively honk in local for the rest of their days.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

"I sell fullerene and fullerene accessories" -Honk Hill

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

I also type

/me farts

non stop when in a thera-hole

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

raminasi posted:

what was the post

So we recently acquired this corp, War Eagle Fleet, who did a speed run through Frat and quit/was kicked for "cultural issues." Then they joined us. They have this finance director, Zhazi, who is basically the krabbiest krab to ever krab. Imagine a dumbed down angry mustache. Anyway, his dumbass evidentally got snagged in a buy order trap.

Aside: A buy order order trap is where you take an item that's worth normally, let's say, 1mil isk, and you put up a buy order for... let's say... 250,000. Then you list 3 items for sale at 250,100. The mouse-wheel / macro / botting piece of poo poo that auto-slides his units to be the lowest price will go for one unit lower, thus dumping to the buy order. Clearly you only have to have more units land to your buy order than you list at cheap sell to make a profit. I guess this makes a profit because it's not unusual to see.

Anyway, our intrepid krabernaut apparently stumbled rear end over teakettle into one or more of these traps, and posted in the market policy thread asking if buy order traps were goonfucking. Which clearly the answer is no because anyone buying modules to fit ships to fight in space is getting the cheapest modules possible, so I tell him so.

He then proceeds to repeat the question with slightly different phrasing like I'm dumb and didn't understand the question. I start digging into the guy, asking some questions. Firstly, I notice that he's authored like 10 threads in S-Mart, all for various krab services, including a lovely buyback service. Secondly, I hear he's also the guy who either stupidly or criminally attempted to purchase steeply discounted citadel cores from the FC of papi bashing fleets. Thirdly, a lot of people were like "gently caress that guy."

So at this point I realize I'm dealing with an uber krab attempting to rules lawyer his way into a favorable situation for himself. I proceed to go full off the top rope Atrum where I agressively aggress him in a forceful nonconsensual posting manner. Because that's generally the only way to shut down these turbo krabs. If I'm nice and reasonable they just hatch their next goonfucking scheme. However, if I rip his head off and poop in the hole, he will not ask another question.

Then Zhazi's CEO enters the thread. I top rope onto him too, and the rest of the thread lurkers pile in with the whole SA "lurk more" bit which is funny af coming from SNOOO and ASCEE duders. Then Klavas comes in and tells everyone to stfu.

The post I was reported to the bee keepers for?

quote:

I explained it to you perfectly reasonably the first time.

You proceeded to cause me to repeat myself with smaller words and a more forceful tone. You know, like you do with toddlers and the mentally challenged. Do we need to continue, or is any part still unclear?

Peak passive aggressive rules lawyering. So I talk to a bee keeper for like 30 min, it gets filed under the "saying mean things to me on the internet is not harassment" and just... lol. Anyway hope you enjoyed storytime.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

The rules lawyering in goonswarm is exhausting

I had some guy going on that I wasn't allowed to run a site because he scanned it down in his alt in a buzzard and warped to it while I was already activating the gate with my paladin , because he was allowed to 'camp' the site for 6 hours or some poo poo

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

WilWheaton posted:

I had some guy going on that I wasn't allowed to run a site because he scanned it down in his alt in a buzzard and warped to it while I was already activating the gate with my paladin , because he was allowed to 'camp' the site for 6 hours or some poo poo

You should have blown him up and posted the killmail and the chat logs for everyone to laugh at tbh.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

There's obviously no hope for you, only because shitstack reimbursement will remain limited to the west and dronelands (:wtc:) while you're not cancelled. The age of goonsterity must end.

e; /s

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

WilWheaton posted:

the worst about that are sib squad and those IGC dipshits. that kind of pubbie "every capsuleer for themself" mentality has festered in gsf for a long time and i suspect will get worse without anyone to call them out or awox them for it

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

The Shortest Path posted:

You should have blown him up and posted the killmail and the chat logs for everyone to laugh at tbh.

This is the correct choice.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

WilWheaton posted:

Shoot blues, tell Vile Rat.

:commissar:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

need to get some custom mexican prayer candles made to facilitate seeking the intercession of VileRat

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

WilWheaton posted:

Be aggressive, worst thing that can happen is you get directored for it but maybe you end up banned and free

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I dunno why people would want to play lovely submarine simulator in tyool 2022, especially with the mismanagement by a group of Vikings high on rotten shark.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

“wanker” posted:

You proceeded to cause me to repeat myself with smaller words and a more forceful tone. You know, like you do with toddlers and the mentally challenged. Do we need to continue, or is any part still unclear?

Yeh I would have reported you for that. First of all I’ve worked with young people with learning disabilities for 20 years now and I want to absolutely make this crystal clear for the benefit of anyone reading this.

It’s the exact god drat opposite of what we do when explaining anything to people with learning or intellectual disabilities You talk quietly and you never use aggressive or forceful language, the smaller words thing is utter bollocks as well.

and we don’t use the words “mentally challenged”. I could explain why but I can’t be arsed to in this thread. It is a non-existent phrase within our field.

safeguarding issues yet again from GSF.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 23, 2022

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

andromache posted:

Then Klavas comes in and tells everyone to stfu.

I was disappointed Klavas got involved if only for the hope it would continue to spiral and end up sending those WEF dudes off to papi.

plus a policy thread ending up in the Crokmine would have been stellar.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

My dude, I don't even have kids and I can tell you from experience with both of my younger siblings that using a forceful tone just makes them more upset.

What makes you think the average non-goon EVE player will respond better to that?

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

The funny part is while I was writing that post my 4yr old daughter was in the midst of her 4th or 5th rephrasing of a question that basically boiled down to “can I have ice cream?” Hence the leading with the toddler part. But then I was like “why well he could just be stupid” so added the second bit.

Key difference between what you and I are doing learnincurve. I’m not “teaching” anything. I’m making it clear shithouse lawyering has no place in the policy thread. If I calmly and clearly respond as an adult, they just hatch another bullshit scheme.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

learnincurve posted:

Idk why they think the player count is doomed, doomed. We have huge numbers of Eastern Europe cut from the player base, and a significant number of players have moved over onto various locality servers - which are numbers never included by Reddit.

you have no idea what you're talking about ever

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Dunno why you're posting this garbage here, when GSF has cut all ties with this dead comedy forum so stop posting this garbage. We don't loving care

because almost everyone viewing this thread is in gsf or was in gsf

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

dragonshardz posted:

My dude, I don't even have kids and I can tell you from experience with both of my younger siblings that using a forceful tone just makes them more upset.

What makes you think the average non-goon EVE player will respond better to that?

i don't know what the target audience for his internet-tough-guy middle management rants are on a good day tbh

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

you have no idea what you're talking about ever

turn on your monitor

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

dragonshardz posted:

You owe children a calm and gentle upbringing.

You owe a fully grown human who is clearly angling to be a shitbird nothing.

It's okay to be mean on the internet sometimes 👌

E: clarity

ChickenWing fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 23, 2022

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

ChickenWing posted:

You owe children a calm and gentle upbringing.

You owe a fully grown human who is clearly angling to be a shitbird nothing.

It's okay to be mean on the internet sometimes 👌

E: clarity

I couldn't agree more dude.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Just be careful. You don't want a wheezing nerd to write you down on their list ENEMIES.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
"Atrum is mean to children", you'll be seeing it reposted here for eternity now.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

everyone in this thread is my posting enemy

i will defeat all of you

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I don't yet know how to handle obvious rules lawyering other than to openly declare, "I think you're rules lawyering this, I think your goal is to incrementally toe the line on *thing,* and you're not fooling anyone."

At some point, addressing it will be confrontational. Rules lawyering is itself confrontation wearing a fig leaf of innocence -- "just asking questions" while surreptitiously holding a very specific goal in the crosshairs.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 23, 2022

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
For what it's worth, even having the context explained to me before reading the thread, I still didn't understand atrum's initial response, so I would have asked the follow-up question too, but I guess that means I'm just an idiot. Regardless, I don't know why the alliance doesn't tell the leaders of all its new corps that when atrum is mean and unhelpful he's doing it on purpose and it's just something they're going to have to deal with.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The part of rules lawyering that can be characterized as childish or immature is the bit where some people don't realize that there's the text of rules on a page on a forum somewhere, and then there's the rule itself. I think that some people don't realize that the difference between the two is that the text is attempting to summarize and explain what the stakeholding party who made the rule is trying to accomplish, while the rule itself is the goal that the stakeholding party has in mind.

Insofar as we're talking about situations where the stakeholding party is also adjudicating interpretation of the rule--for example, in video game guilds--there will not be a situation where the adjudicating stakeholder will easily abandon the intent of their rule in lieu of some wordsmithing that deliberately skirts the core intent.

In short, the rulemaker knows what they are trying to accomplish, so they aren't going to allow people to subvert that goal so long as they are in charge. Somehow, rules layyers--and trolls for that matter--don't fundamentally understand this. Or, they do, but they get a kick out of looking clever for welding the deficiencies of written language as a weapon.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 23, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh good, I hadn’t seen gaslighting for a while, it’s like a old friend or a freshly washed jumper on a warm day.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

learnincurve posted:

Oh good, I hadn’t seen gaslighting for a while, it’s like a old friend or a freshly washed jumper on a warm day.

Sorry, who is gaslighting whom, precisely? And how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

Sorry, who is gaslighting whom, precisely? And how?

You are. Don't you remember? Your memory must be going.