  • Post
Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Tolth posted:

Seems to be just Windows, us Mac users are also waiting.

Message from Feral Interactive:

quote:

All of the Update 2.0 content, including the Immortal Empires beta and the Champions of Chaos and Blood for the Blood God III DLCs, will be made available on macOS & Linux as soon as possible. Please bear in mind that this update brings a huge amount of new content and significant code changes, all of which need to be incorporated into and tested in the macOS & Linux versions before release.

Basically I'm uninstalling and just gonna play it on Proton (and melt my GPU as a result) since at this rate it'll be months before Mac/Linux get anything.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
I confirm that restarting Steam fixed my unavailable Tomb Kings issue.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

apparently you need to restart steam and the game and it'll fix itself

Tried that, and no luck

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Sheep posted:

Message from Feral Interactive:

Basically I'm uninstalling and just gonna play it on Proton (and melt my GPU as a result) since at this rate it'll be months before Mac/Linux get anything.

Thank you. What's the source for this/when was it posted?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Tolth posted:

Thank you. What's the source for this/when was it posted?

Emailed support@feralinteractive.com basically going "wtf?" and this was the presumably automated (nearly instantaneous reply):

quote:

From: Feral Interactive <support@feralinteractive.com>
Subject: [Feral Interactive] Re: TW3 2.0 on Linux when?

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (211444) has been updated by our support team. To add any
additional comments, please reply to this email.

We'll reply to you as soon as we can - our normal business hours are 8am to
6pm UK time, Monday to Friday.

*Ioannis Selimas* (Feral Interactive)

Aug 23, 2022, 15:44 GMT+1
Hello,

Thanks for your message and for your interest in Total War: WARHAMMER III.

All of the Update 2.0 content, including the Immortal Empires beta and the
Champions of Chaos and Blood for the Blood God III DLCs, will be made
available on macOS & Linux as soon as possible. Please bear in mind that
this update brings a huge amount of new content and significant code
changes, all of which need to be incorporated into and tested in the macOS
& Linux versions before release.

The best way to follow all of our latest news and announcements is via our
website's news feed and our social media pages:

https://www.feralinteractive.com/en/news/
https://www.facebook.com/feralinteractive
https://twitter.com/feralgames

We hope this information is useful. Please let us know if there is anything
else we can assist with.

Best regards,

Ioannis Selimas
Feral Interactive Support

http://support.feralinteractive.com

**** Make Your Play ****

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Wait why does the blog say they want to move Skrag, Kairos, and Teclis? I know there was tons of whining about Alith Anar but what's wrong with those three?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Anakin-Padme meme

Dawi are getting a new dlc, right?
right?!?

Yes, highly likely that's the next dlc. Getting a second race is pretty big

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

jokes posted:

I continue to not know how to use chariots with any real efficacy, so any faction with chariots is lost on me.

Chariots are functionally worthless in melee, they simply do not have the stats to make it work as 3/4 unit squads, the only thing that really broke with that and is strictly okay on a melee scrum are tomb kings chariots because of the larger unit count (though it's still not optimal) , Grom the Paunch, and like, pump wagons, strangely enough.

The majority of chariot damage is the initial impact. You know how when chariots collide with units it sends dudes scattering? They take damage from both the impact with the chariot and their impact with the ground.

Movement is love, movement is life. Movement lets you impact dudes and keep moving to line up another drive. Not moving is death - it is the chariot killer. Not moving is not impacting and your reason to exist is impact.

Always be moving

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
After patching
pre:
# compsize "Total War WARHAMMER III"
Processed 598 files, 175919 regular extents (175921 refs), 48 inline.
Type       Perc     Disk Usage   Uncompressed Referenced
TOTAL       88%       92G         103G         103G
none       100%       87G          87G          87G
zstd        30%      5.1G          16G          16G
So you can still shave 11GB off the install size by using a file system with transparent compression.

Huh, tbh.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DaysBefore posted:

Nah it's a good change and confederation is lame
I just want to be able to confederate minor factions of my same race that I engulf and surround. It should not be a penalty if you save their bacon.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I just want to be able to confederate minor factions of my same race that I engulf and surround. It should not be a penalty if you save their bacon.

how about all the other changes? does any of it convince you to try the game again?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

how about all the other changes? does any of it convince you to try the game again?
Oh I'm going to try it to have some fun with Ghorst before he's nerfed but I dont have my hopes up. It'll be nice to not deal with rifts or a race mechanic but I'll still hate minor settlement battles and will either AR them or ambush cheese them to get the garrison to sally.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Sheep posted:

Emailed support@feralinteractive.com basically going "wtf?" and this was the presumably automated (nearly instantaneous reply):

And from Twitter -

"Unfortunately we're not in a position to give an ETA, all we can say currently is stay tuned to our Twitter feed for the latest news."

So yeah, they won't even commit to a rough timeline on this.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

My download has finally finished but I was promised a Slambo mod. I can't start playing without Slambo!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I still can't decide who to start with. I won't be able to play til a bit later but so many lords is making it hard

when I spun the wheel last time I got Drycha. who would probably be ok

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
"Rebalanced the base aversion for several factions—generally improving their relations with others. (This is most beneficial to the Ogre Kingdoms.)

Reduced the amount of threat generated by all factions.

Reduced the relative likelihood of war declaration."

these are very good changes and should have less random war decs from minors. this probably is the passivity people are referring to wrt the ai

"Apart from Kislev and the Greenskins, AI major factions will no longer confederate each other outside of extremely rare circumstances."

no more skaven super factions or ordertide

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 23, 2022

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
no more warp lightning for Skaven garrison heroes lol

Lucinice posted:

drat the patch notes are huge, is there anything listed about increasing the frequency of land battles?

Nope, nothing on that front yet. It's going to be in a future update apparently.

jokes posted:

Also, quick question, how does charge work when it knocks a motherfucker over? It seems like knocking dudes over does zero damage unless I launch them off a tall hill.

It does damage, especially if the unit causes collision damage. The fall damage is an extra benefit.

Azran fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 23, 2022

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Download is slow, but also I'm working. :negative:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

"Rebalanced the base aversion for several factions—generally improving their relations with others. (This is most beneficial to the Ogre Kingdoms.)

Reduced the amount of threat generated by all factions.

Reduced the relative likelihood of war declaration."

these are very good changes and should have less random war decs from minors. this probably is the passivity people are referring to wrt the ai

"Apart from Kislev and the Greenskins, AI major factions will no longer confederate each other outside of extremely rare circumstances."

no more skaven super factions or ordertide

I wonder if they skipped Franz/Gelt also having a confederation mechanic with each other or if Gelt is going to get spun off out of the Elector Count system (to go with whatever Elspeth maybe launches with).

E: dumb question, but if they have a "reload skill" stat why don't they use that more instead of the percentage-based reload time reduction that stacks stupidly. I know that I have no idea what 10 of reload skill actually DOES but at least it presumably scales linearly instead of multiplicatively.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 23, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ravenfood posted:

I wonder if they skipped Franz/Gelt also having a confederation mechanic with each other or if Gelt is going to get spun off out of the Elector Count system (to go with whatever Elspeth maybe launches with).
I would love to see Gelt pulled out of the Elector Count system. Send him to, uh, the Cathay to research the Warpstone Desert?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I would love to see Gelt pulled out of the Elector Count system. Send him to, uh, the Cathay to research the Warpstone Desert?

Yeah, Gelt and Elspeth (Nuln is loving tiny on the RoC map compared to Altdorf or especially Middenheim) getting sent all over the place leaving only Franz to play Empire consolidation would be cool.

Gelt goes to Cathay, Elspeth goes, I don't know, vaguely near the Lahmian sisterhood?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Festus owns so far

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

quote:

Ultimate Crisis Mode where players can trigger EVERY endgame scenario if they want

Oh hehehehehe, hehehehehe!!!

Can't wait to get home and download and troubleshoot and then palm smash Snake Lady on roster screen.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I have hired a chaos sorcerer who has their holy vow of tzeentch spells and have put them in valkyias army

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Arghy will your LP be on Twitch or Youtube?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
The new greenskin buffs are hot poo poo. I look forward to my Skarsnik campaign and doing all the poo poo Arghy accuses greenskin of doing but for real.

Sneaky stabbing dwarves all day erry day.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Lucinice posted:

Wait why does the blog say they want to move Skrag, Kairos, and Teclis? I know there was tons of whining about Alith Anar but what's wrong with those three?

I have no idea, it's absolutely inexplicable to me.

Owners of major ports no longer automatically get to know each other on turn 75, and High Elves lost their vision from trade agreements bonus, which I think is extreme bullshit.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

POINTS
Huh, game is insta-crashing every time I try to launch it after the update, even after disabling all mods and verifying game files. Going to restart PC I guess

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Torrannor posted:

I have no idea, it's absolutely inexplicable to me.
I think a number of people just dont like it and have complained. As is usual with Warhammer fans, their grief is some sort of Cthulu monster with no explanation. I think Skrag's spot is just kinda random, Teclis seems really far out of the way in a spot of little consequence while sandwiched between some mean folks, and Kairos's spot also just seems kinda random and low-impact (which would be on brand to me, but I guess I'm not the usual angsty WH fan?).

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Slider posted:

Huh, game is insta-crashing every time I try to launch it after the update, even after disabling all mods and verifying game files. Going to restart PC I guess

Same, I've deleted my mod folder entirely and unsubscribed as it seems to be the issue as reported, we shall see.

e: it worked

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Man, this is some pretty crippling choice paralysis. :v:

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Washin Tong posted:

I sent a friend the link and made him spin the wheel for me. He doesn't know poo poo about Warham. That way I can't cheat by rerolling and he can't troll me by rerolling until a lovely lord pops up. Results coming soon.

Hahaha.

Hahahahhahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAAHAHAHA

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I forgot how much early game sucks for some factions

having to deal with throwing a limited number of peasants against the fresh prince of bel'akor's armies of anti-large demons is a chore, lord

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Janet starts his new Azazel video by telling people begging him to put all the hellscourge units up against the wall by telling them to shut up and that minmaxing is boring

Janet stays winning

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The AI seems a bit more thirsty for my blood this time around. Started as Vilitch and the moment I encounter Kholek and Grimgor they both declare war on me. Tried Gor-Rok and all the neighbor lizardmen declare war on me as well. Even the guys guarding the Sacred Pools.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

Janet starts his new Azazel video by telling people begging him to put all the hellscourge units up against the wall by telling them to shut up and that minmaxing is boring

Janet stays winning

That's awesome. Nice to have someone who isn't super min-maxxy.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Washin Tong posted:

Hahaha.

Hahahahhahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAAHAHAHA

Nice! Looking forward to playing!

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Definitely feels like the AI is a bit weird; started a Legendary campaign on Valkia and Naggarond declared war, sent a huge stack in to my vassal borders then promptly left the next turn without doing anything.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

POINTS

Twigand Berries posted:

Same, I've deleted my mod folder entirely and unsubscribed as it seems to be the issue as reported, we shall see.

e: it worked

Yeah I had left an old mod to disable chaos rifts in the install folder. Deleting "aaa_movie_df_toggle_chaos_realms.pack" worked

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Playing through NON immortal empires as Valkia. Getting the sense I should be razing and giving cities to my vassals rather than myself. When do y’all raze vs gift vs keep? I’ve been leaning towards keeping the dark fortresses and surrounding provinces and razing the rest.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4