Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
Swole Chihuahua.

What a page snipe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Loid being investaged for being a spy, not because he is genuinely suspicious, but because of some petty rear end in a top hat at work really is the only way this could have gone

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Breadmaster posted:

Has Yuri met Anya yet? I don't think the two have had a scene together.

I don't think so, but Anya is still Yor's daughter and he's not a complete rear end in a top hat so there's no way he's investigating a (maybe) 6 year old.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Breadmaster posted:

tsob posted:

I don't think so, but Anya is still Yor's daughter and he's not a complete rear end in a top hat so there's no way he's investigating a (maybe) 6 year old.

all the way back in chapter 26

e:

Lock Knight posted:

Swole Chihuahua.

What a page snipe...
:hfive:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 22, 2022

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Breadmaster posted:

Yuri helps tutor Anya from time to time.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

a kitten posted:

all the way back in chapter 26

Does anyone know what they translated Swole Enchilada from in Japanese?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Happy Landfill posted:

Does anyone know what they translated Swole Enchilada from in Japanese?

a kitten posted:

Something like this according to someone on reddit:

"In Japanese "Knowledge is power" is "chi wa chikara (da)", and Anya misheard it as "chiwawa chikara" which means something like "chihuahua-power/strength"(?)"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Incredible. Thank you :tipshat: Localisation is really great

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I do wonder if that one was a bolt from the blue of sudden inspiration or if they had to work on it for awhile

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wasn't a good amount of early Spy x Family translated by a goon? Clarste or something?

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wasn't a good amount of early Spy x Family translated by a goon? Clarste or something?

Yeah, Clarste did the first 12 chapters + the first extra chapter for Manga Plus, then Viz nabbed the license and redid the translation from the start.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh right I remember people getting angry about the Yor/Yoru and Forger/Folger thing.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Happy Landfill posted:

Loid being investaged for being a spy, not because he is genuinely suspicious, but because of some petty rear end in a top hat at work really is the only way this could have gone

I'm sure Yuri won't get involved with this at all no sir.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

kirtar posted:

I'm sure Yuri won't get involved with this at all no sir.

Catch is Yuri doesn't want Yor finding out he's SSS, and turning up to arrest and interrogate Loid is a good way for that to happen. He'll find some way to get involved, yeah, but he's got to do it on the down-low.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

narm00 posted:

Catch is Yuri doesn't want Yor finding out he's SSS, and turning up to arrest and interrogate Loid is a good way for that to happen. He'll find some way to get involved, yeah, but he's got to do it on the down-low.

I wouldn't be surprised if he hauled off the boss instead to be honest.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

kirtar posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he hauled off the boss instead to be honest.

Yeah, from what we saw in his focus chapter, Yuri seems like someone who would absolutely hate false accusations.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Can't wait for Yuri to show up to investigate the report, Nightfall distracts him to save Twilight, and Yuri falls in love at first sight with Nightfall.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Can't wait for Yuri to show up to investigate the report, Nightfall distracts him to save Twilight, and Yuri falls in love at first sight with Nightfall.

I was assuming it'd end up being Daybreak she fell for, but I'd be okay with this too.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I definitely think that this is going to be more of an opportunity than a threat for the Forgers, even if they try their hardest to self-sabotage out of sheer neurosis. They're just way too competent for this sort of inept, half-arsed attack to seriously endanger them, and it'll probably end up strengthening their cover and improving their reputation with the Desmonds (because they're obviously such wonderful, trustworthy, patriotic citizens).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Loid is going to solve this by becoming Yoshikage Kira.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

tsob posted:

I was assuming it'd end up being Daybreak she fell for, but I'd be okay with this too.

I just can't see her falling for a rabid Ostanian partisan with no skill and no chill. Yuri/Daybreak is a more likely pairing given their fanatical loyalty and mutual grudging respect for Twilight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The two of them would get together in a fake marriage to keep an eye on their respective obsessions and then have six kids and realize at the age of 89 that they actually fell in love with each other.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Yuri also realizes that it is his sister's husband anyway, and promptly and utterly destroys the chief doctor, not because he LIKES Loid, but because doing it in this way would mean HIS SISTER WOULD FIND OUT HE IS COUNTER INTELLIGENCE, and he can't have that.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
To be honest I feel like the SSS will send a new face to investigate Loid given family members investigating other relatives would definitely be a no-go. Plus I think it would be worth allowing that group to have another named character since it's really only Yuri and his one superior who offered him a steak dinner.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's not like that'll stop Yuri from meddling to prevent his sister coming under suspicion.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The two of them would get together in a fake marriage to keep an eye on their respective obsessions and then have six kids and realize at the age of 89 that they actually fell in love with each other.
At least when their kid gets possessive of cool cousin Anya and plays mean pranks on Damian, they'll have the excuse of being a literal child.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Not gonna lie, they had me fooled with the page of Loid getting arrested.
When/if the anime gets to this chapter I hope they adapt it into a two parter and have that as a cliffhanger.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Just lmao that I though, even for a moment, that Loid was actually in trouble and won't be able to just smooth operator out of this..

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Shueisha link to new chapter (67.2)

Best joke: neither of them wanting to remove the disguise Twilight prepared for them

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Loid the smoothest operator.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm ready for starlight anya to show her true power now that her back is really in a corner

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
https://twitter.com/_tatsuyaendo_/status/1567895190899408897?s=20&t=CvB0EBlz5xS0GJbkz2jkvg

From Endo himself

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I see he's taking news of the queen well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Big Guy is just Twilight in an elaborate disguise

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Anyaling turning into a peanut when diving into ink is the cutest thing. :allears:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
new chapter

gullickson, nooooo! rip

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anya has been given a terrible power.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This was good, very very good

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
fweeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Someone called me chihuahua girl, I'd burp at him too.

fweeeee