Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

This comic is from 2016, and it may become true again!

"Fucksake."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I went with Deathmaster Snikch since he now starts in Cathay.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Anno posted:

No idea if you can unlock Boris in IE, but Katarin on the RoC map is fun. Not for the story, just as like a survival thing.

God that map was horribly unbalanced, I tried starting as the demon prince and you have 5 people send you doomstacks on turn 3 since you start by a bunch of non-chaos nations. Or maybe that's the normal Total War experience, I only played Medieval II way back in the day a little bit

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Feldegast42 posted:

God that map was horribly unbalanced, I tried starting as the demon prince and you have 5 people send you doomstacks on turn 3 since you start by a bunch of non-chaos nations. Or maybe that's the normal Total War experience, I only played Medieval II way back in the day a little bit
That was noted by CA as being especially bad and CA has since made some updates to AI behavior in that regard (anti-player bias).

MonsieurChoc posted:

I went with Deathmaster Snikch since he now starts in Cathay.
Yeah its very tempting for me but I just cant pass up Ghorst's zombie gimmick.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I’m going to hold off on Champions for the moment, thanks for the advice. I will resist the DLC disease. Until I get drunk at some point and whoops how did that end up in my cart haha oh boy…

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
First inconsequential bit of scuff I found: If a minor demon faction shows a Herald as its lord, highlighting them will play a Herald voice clip, but initiating diplomacy will play an Exalted Greater Daemon voice clip.

If you're a cheevo fiend, there are no new ones yet. Keep in mind that it was quite a while before they added the ones for completing campaigns with game 1 races to game 2.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
3 hours later the game is still "Patching".

Truly remarkable.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Well I hadn’t really thought who I was going to play first because release has crept up on me, but after a quick think of my favourite area of total war (killing Ulthuan), it looks like it’s N’kari time.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm Alberic and I'm playing Brettonia in WHIII and I am very happy
:3:

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Just scrolled around the map, and even though it’s covered in FoW I’ve got a big dumb grin on my face.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
So High Elf outposts give influence per turn (+2/+4/+5 per tier), and don't require a military alliance to upgrade, a defensive alliance will do. That's pretty neat!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

First inconsequential bit of scuff I found: If a minor demon faction shows a Herald as its lord, highlighting them will play a Herald voice clip, but initiating diplomacy will play an Exalted Greater Daemon voice clip.

If you're a cheevo fiend, there are no new ones yet. Keep in mind that it was quite a while before they added the ones for completing campaigns with game 1 races to game 2.

Maybe they are just making themselves sound more ferocious in diplomacy

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

almost 50% more grim for your grog

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm Alberic and I'm playing Brettonia in WHIII and I am very happy
:3:

It's a really great start. Adding some dinosaurs to my armies courtesy of my best friend Gor-Rok is wonderful

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

40 turns into my first Grimgor campaign and this is some good poo poo. I can see why early access people were acting a little reserved, but I am genuinely impressed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

It's a really great start. Adding some dinosaurs to my armies courtesy of my best friend Gor-Rok is wonderful

Haven't gotten that far, Harkon and Wulfhart both declared war on me in a single turn so I'm fighting for my life and loving it.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

So this is an early good sign then

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
current trip report; louen's brettonia campaign has too much threats now, it's kind of oppressive. Not too much has really changed from two, just now there's two extra demons and that's enough to really choke up your limited unit count

if you play brettonia I'd recommend the enchantress now, or the other two if you want the non-standard experience. louen is bonking off 20 stacks of all marauders with the occassional bel/slaneesh demon now with no break and not in a good way

the orc rebel start is gone tho so there's that

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I bought the DLC, downloaded the update, looked at Immortal Empires and promptly started Chaos Realms Festus campaign. :sickos:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Finally got to sit down and mess with Be'lakor.

Holy poo poo dark fortresses print money. Once you get a few going you're able to poo poo armies out like nothing.

Warband recruitment/upgrades are cool because I can't make cookie cutter armies and I'm forced to adapt accordingly. Nurgle warriors backed by Pink Horrors? Sure why not.

The map is running really well for me. Looks like they did some work on that front.

Be'lakor is a loving MONSTER, and I haven't even gotten him the sword of Khaine yet (Sigvald started some poo poo so I had to go smack him around).

All in all, it's so good. Everyone is here and it's not crashing. :unsmith:

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
I'm going to play tretch and nobody can stop me from doing this to myself.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

As someone who has the Warriors of Chaos DLC but has never touched it (because I heard it was pretty poo poo for so long), should I just succumb to the brain disease that compels me to buy DLC and grab the Champions? Or should I play around with Warriors now that they’ve been reworked to see if I even like Chaos before buying another DLC?

It depends. The new warriors factions have quicker, easier access to their gods specific units and demons plus modifications on the Daemons specific mechanics, and the old chaos factions have a bit more hoops to jump through to account for mark / faction mixing plus very few of the Monogod features. The new champions also have access to an alternate set of campaign goals when used in the ursun campaign and they don't deal with the realms of chaos.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Anno posted:

No idea if you can unlock Boris in IE, but Katarin on the RoC map is fun. Not for the story, just as like a survival thing.

Yeah after around turn 15 poo poo gets kinda wild and really feels like the Kislev of lore

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Be'lakor greets Daniel on the diplomacy screen by calling him "Little Prince" with a sneer, and it's perfect.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I've played 1, 2, and 3 but not a ton. I played the recommended dwarf campaign in 1 and then dabbled as a vampire. In 2 I played Tyrion's Vortex campaign and then some Paunch in a co-op ME game. In 3 I played 50 turns as Daemon Prince and a few hours as Cathay in co-op.

What's something I should definitely try? Maybe it's just anyone since I've played so few. I'm going to do an Empire/Brettonia co-op with a friend, but wondering if I should play new CoC in the campaign map or something entirely different in IE.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

did about 20 turns of H/H Nakai and it was a blast. His starting battle is pretty tough but after that its been smooth sailing as I carve up lower Cathay. No one has declared war on me or my vassal yet so I had to go start some poo poo instead. Kroxigors are amazing and the starting unit of Sacred Kroxes get 200+ kills per battle easily, cant wait to fill my army with them. You also start with a skink priest and hes kinda lowkey the MVP cause his lightning spells can absolutely devastate enemy lines

Excited to see what the world will throw at me as I advance and burn it all build nice temples everywhere

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

KingKapalone posted:

I've played 1, 2, and 3 but not a ton. I played the recommended dwarf campaign in 1 and then dabbled as a vampire. In 2 I played Tyrion's Vortex campaign and then some Paunch in a co-op ME game. In 3 I played 50 turns as Daemon Prince and a few hours as Cathay in co-op.

What's something I should definitely try? Maybe it's just anyone since I've played so few. I'm going to do an Empire/Brettonia co-op with a friend, but wondering if I should play new CoC in the campaign map or something entirely different in IE.

Ikit Claw or Throt the Unclean. Be the biggest rat that makes all of da rulez and or warcrimes.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
8 turns in and I’m super confused why Saphery is offering me a trade deal as N’kari.

Turns out you start with a cult and a bunch of seduction already in the bank with them. I don’t think I saw it mentioned anywhere but at a guess when they flesh out the intros for IE it’ll mention that Saphery was involved in your plans to invade Ulthuan. This really helps make the donut a bit trickier for the high elves I’m hoping, since they’ll likely be fighting an alliance of Scourge of Khaine, N’kari and a vassalised Saphery.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I want some Flamers in my Brettonian army

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whats a good setting for the blood levels, 50/50?

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
I'm kind of annoyed to have pre-ordered the DLC etc without them bothering to mention that the release date for non-Windows players hasn't actually been determined yet at all. I'm still going to play it when it releases either way, but it's pretty sloppy comms.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

kingturnip posted:

3 hours later the game is still "Patching".

Truly remarkable.

Almost 2 hours after this, I'm now moving the installation to a different drive in the hope that this will finalise the installation.
What a good use of an evening.

[edit]
It's now downloading another 65 gigs. Terrific.

kingturnip fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 23, 2022

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Be'lakor's shadow rift thing is amazing. I was up punching Sigvald a bit and Louen decided to be a bitch and try to invade Albion. I popped back in the rift, kicked his rear end, and then went right back up to finish off Sigvald. It's so cool.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm in the middle of a hellpit with lizards, empire, and vampirates

IE loving rules

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
What a great day for my internet to go down and to also learn that Total War Warhammer doesn’t let you play in offline mode for the slightest of reasons.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Also another nice thing: my Norscan vassals are actually active. Like they're not just handicapped and sitting in their home provinces. Vanaheimlings are currently loving with both the Northern Empire (or at least the bits that Festus hasn't taken over) and Bretonnia. They were all active participants in my war against Wulfrik. This is dope.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

You guys make light of this but.. GRIMGOG IS AT MY DOOR. It's turn 10 as thorgrim and i discover his faction while killing skarsnik. It's turn 10 AND GRIMGOG IS AT MY DOOR. I'm at turn 17 fighting off wurzzags waaagh that just killed barak varr and so far beyond a settlement that he likely got through confederation i haven't seen any of his armies but gently caress i gotta kill 4 stacks of wurrzag if he decides to come knocking my campaigns pretty much over.

Vanilla dawi lord skill trees are so loving rough, runelord literally has 3. loving. trees. No mount options but hey i can sink 6 points into 15% speed and charge bonus! Starting with a gyro bomber and fighting gobbo heavy armies is pretty hilarious though. The grudge system is also garbage since it's now very hard to generate them so i'm just getting crushed under a mountain of grumbling because my only 3 other grudges are so far away. They changed some items too so you can stack leadership and get +23 leadership on any character haha, enjoy unbreakable units.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
yeah, i've only started an archaon start so far, and it's really fun! just been bumming around the chaos wastes, taking over dark fortresses, and now i'm going around securing all of his quest items.

it's pretty fun to be able to set up khornate armies, slannesh armies, just themed armies.

can't wait to marshal my forces and go poo poo kick kislev.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

May have come across a new bug/glitch of some sort - it seems like Bloated Corpses when part of a reinforcing army just detonate on entering the map.

On the plus side, I just wrecked three full Vampirate armies in what should have been a crushing defeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
i am finally home from work and now i can start pillaging cathay as lokhir