Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Lost connection in the middle of the new MSQ dungeon :(

I think if I ever reconnect it's Island Sanctuary time.

Edit: whee, reconnected and got right back into trust.

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Good thing the Amalj'aa vendor makes it so easy to make glamour prisms en masse. :shepicide:

e: I tried to set an island workshop craft to start at 12AM Central, but it kept telling me there isn't enough time. I guess it doesn't let you schedule a craft if it'd overlap with the daily reset time?

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
MSQ done, raid done, both stories good in those, I need the next story bit like yesterday.
The new dungeon is so cool looking and fights are nice, the raids are also fun to do, P7 in particular because of the changing arena
The trial is the high note of the patch for me, with a lot of poo poo to dodge which I like.
Now to do the Tataru quest, post MSQ sidequest (which opens nearby the last MSQ dialogue) and see that the fuss is about this island.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Thundarr posted:

Good thing the Amalj'aa vendor makes it so easy to make glamour prisms en masse. :shepicide:

e: I tried to set an island workshop craft to start at 12AM Central, but it kept telling me there isn't enough time. I guess it doesn't let you schedule a craft if it'd overlap with the daily reset time?

Correct. 3 Am is the cutoff and won't roll over into the next day, and you need 4-6 hour blocks.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The island is cool

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

RME posted:

Oh whoops I figured they meant normal crafting, which a lot of people don’t know you can pin recipes to your hotbar to open right to the log for them
Shame it doesn’t have an equivalent here

this dude is skipping all the drat cutscenes!!!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i got #content to unlock

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
You got #content to #respect

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
really wondering what is coming in the next raid tier

e: nevermind missed the final cutscene

Mad Wack fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 24, 2022

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

RME posted:

i got #content to unlock
https://twitter.com/FFXIV_Kelly/status/786315077645242368

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
(SCENE: Trial Phase 1)

Me: This trial is cool if somewhat sedate

(Phase Transition)

Me: aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Trial Boss: ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trial Spoilers:

You know, being a scantly clad bikini warrior is so 90s. Time to become FULL BAYONETTA.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hmm I'm starting to think this new EX just kind of sucks, I'm never going to want to farm this with randos

There's seriously mechanics in here that feel like they should be in a Savage fight instead of an Extreme, given the amount of coordinated movement

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Skill issue

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Trial as BLM didn't go as badly as expected (thanks to teleporting to healers and praying they know where to stand)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yes, the issue is that the playerbase is by and large not skilled enough to do this content.

Like, I'll probably get a clear with my static at some point this week. But I joined six parties today and none of them made it past like 65%, and I don't think I'm going to ever want to do this with people I don't know.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Trial as BLM didn't go as badly as expected (thanks to teleporting to healers and praying they know where to stand)

Same. I didn’t die once!

Because I’m used to popping Triplecast for “Oh gently caress” movement, even if I’m not the best Mani user.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

Yes, the issue is that the playerbase is by and large not skilled enough to do this content.

Like, I'll probably get a clear with my static at some point this week. But I joined six parties today and none of them made it past like 65%, and I don't think I'm going to ever want to do this with people I don't know.

Sounds like things were getting pretty hairy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

I think it's probably best to wait for things to pan out. It's literally the first day and there aren't any 'universal' strats yet. It's Learning Parties for everyone.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm just saying, I've done EXs first day. None of them have gone this poorly.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Arist posted:

I'm just saying, I've done EXs first day. None of them have gone this poorly.

Hydaelyn did, at least on OCE.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sorry, I just meant in terms of my own personal experience with EXs, wasn't trying to speak for anyone else there.

e: Also by the time I finished the EW story that fight was pretty much solved, to my knowledge

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Doomykins posted:

I'm going to assume your Scholar play is fine in that you are soaking the enemy in aoe DoTs that debuff their damage and spreading shields to your team that buff your damage, and dropping a big fairy on crystal engagements? SCH memes high numbers... in FL, where I'll be throwing my DoT into crowds on cooldowns. Otherwise it takes a bit to learn when you can safely drop mummify which you want to do to help confirm kills with the debuff and the bit of burst. But nobody ever lit up the leaderboards casting a healer filler nuke! They help, but numbers aren't going to tell here.

For MCH you want to maximize uptime without exposing yourself to getting killed. Easier said than done especially with the need to cycle Bioblaster. It's a generalized skill, pvp awareness and positioning, that you can improve with playtime, just be aware of opportunities to drop bio for free. Did you see somebody a bit too far forward? Bio, Scattergun. Everybody occupied in the point? Analysis, Bio, Scatter, the ol' overtime special.

Note that your numbers will always be bad if the teams are lopsided. If you find yourself forced back to spawn just to avoid dying then yeah, don't worry about numbers. Thems the RNG breaks.

Thanks, that's broadly helpful/reassuring given my vague and rambling question.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

New trial rules. I'm gonna wait a day or two to try ex while at least a few people figure it out though, lol.

Ha (later in the MSQ) being asked what my plans are and getting "I'm gonna go gently caress off to my island" as an option

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 24, 2022

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Christ, the third fight in the new set of Pandemoneum fights is considerably harder than the first two :psyduck:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/ColorPrinter_/status/1562158318189158400

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Arist posted:

"Guys random pf can't easily clear the newest content the literal first night clearly this isn't just me and people in general not knowing the fight it's clearly hyper over tuned!"

Shut uuuup

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Island Sanctuary apparently uses housing servers.

How do I know? I can't enter my freaking house.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Well, time to remove the head slot from all of my Bard glams. Not overwriting this.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Well, time to remove the head slot from all of my Bard glams. Not overwriting this.

I am burning my ears off to look this good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

"Guys random pf can't easily clear the newest content the literal first night clearly this isn't just me and people in general not knowing the fight it's clearly hyper over tuned!"

Shut uuuup

That's not really what I was saying at all, but whatever. The immediate fight I'd compare it to is the 5.1 EX, which was also very annoying to pug (and also tended to hit a wall at about the same point in the fight). That's all I'm saying, it's not something I'm looking forward to doing outside of a premade.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Bruceski posted:

at last the tyranny of the house owners will be toppled

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Arist posted:

That's not really what I was saying at all, but whatever.

Arist posted:

Hmm I'm starting to think this new EX just kind of sucks, I'm never going to want to farm this with randos

There's seriously mechanics in here that feel like they should be in a Savage fight instead of an Extreme, given the amount of coordinated movement

Arist I don't even read your posts and I remember them better than you.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Arist I don't even read your posts and I remember them better than you.

Have you even like, done the fight we're talking about?

e: to be clear, I probably overstated my case there, but I was thinking about like, an early Savage like P1 or E5

Arist fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 24, 2022

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I went in blind, pulled wall to wall, and decided to 1v1 the final boss when my group wiped at 50%.

I did finally run out of tricks and die at 30%, but I could do Troia blindfolded now.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Arist posted:

Have you even like, done the fight we're talking about?

e: to be clear, I probably overstated my case there, but I was thinking about like, an early Savage like P1 or E5

It's pretty close to Hydaelyn EX and Endsinger EX. It's just stupid fast compared to the EX's this expansion so far. Like, brutally fast in terms of how much visual noise it is pumping out.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Bruceski posted:

It's been an issue for most of the day, only getting worse as evening hit.

12PM Mountain Time posted:

We have confirmed ongoing congestion in instanced areas such as Island Sanctuary and indoor housing areas.

The maximum number of instances had been increased in preparation for the implementation of Island Sanctuary in Patch 6.2. However, this limit is being reached on certain Worlds, particularly Balmung and Cerberus, where we are seeing significant instance numbers compared to other Worlds on the same data center.

We are currently looking into supplemental measures such as the inclusion of backup server machines. In the meantime, should you receive a message indicating that the server is busy when attempting to move to a different area, we ask that you wait a while before attempting again.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your understanding.

8PM Mountain Time posted:

We would like to inform you of the current situation regarding the congestion of instances in the worlds used by Island Sanctuary and indoor housing areas.

We have done everything possible to increase the number of instances available, including deploying spare server machines and adjusting server settings, but most of the worlds in our European and North American data centers have reached their instance limits during peak login times.

The number of logged-in characters in some worlds is also close to the maximum number of logged-in characters in a world, and there is a possibility that all data centers will reach their instance limits during peak login hours.

We will continue to monitor the situation and consider possible countermeasures, however in the meantime, should you receive a message indicating that the server is busy when attempting to move to a different area, we ask that you wait a while before attempting again.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Those new NA servers can't come fast enough. Kinda crazy how big Island Sanctuary is blowing up; I wonder if they were betting on MSQ and Pandaemonium to disperse the crowds more only to find everyone beelining for Tataru Valley instead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am so behind, I just got my hippo cart today and I want to start any of the 6.2 content but I'm tired already... the spirit is willing but...

Also I should do the Moonfire Faire before it's gone lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am so behind, I just got my hippo cart today and I want to start any of the 6.2 content but I'm tired already... the spirit is willing but...

Also I should do the Moonfire Faire before it's gone lol

You can finish Moonfire's big reward quest in, like, 15 minutes without much hassle, so definitely fit it in when you can.