Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i'm glad the parasite is having a better time, i was starting to feel bad for the little shaver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Yeah, we've met Pariah before and he helped us out. I'm voting for the Interstate for Kaigen, just because a) I don't want them invading the Dreamlands and clashing with Ulthar and b) I'm really curious about molochs. For weather, we're really resistant to light and fire so "solar suffering from Spray Splits" sounds like it could be manageable.

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Regallion posted:

uh-oh, well rip that noise, we have bigger fish to fry like GOING BACK TO BEACH BAE AND DELIVERING THE DANG LETTER.

Seconded, gotta deliver

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
look sometimes if you and your lil heart buddy wanna party with some shark people you can't be passing every int check willy nilly. i feel like she would have been cool with it.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

pumpinglemma posted:

Yeah, we've met Pariah before and he helped us out. I'm voting for the Interstate for Kaigen, just because a) I don't want them invading the Dreamlands and clashing with Ulthar and b) I'm really curious about molochs. For weather, we're really resistant to light and fire so "solar suffering from Spray Splits" sounds like it could be manageable.

:same: I don't want the ogres hurting our kitty buddies :mad:

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Marluxia posted:

:same: I don't want the ogres hurting our kitty buddies :mad:

Don't worry their tummyaches will only make the cats more adorable. The Duke vs. Ogre showdown on the other hand...

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
SHARK WATER SHARK WATER SHARK WATER WOOOOOOOO

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
Wait how the heck is Shark Water talking about the Wanderers

Did we leap between timelines again? Did we interact with Holy End Shark Water?

quote:

"...a chance with a challenge. Not only do each of them have a challenge, what that challenge entails can vary in severity or deadliness depending on reaction rolls and prior Events. Sometimes a GOOD reaction can mean a much harder challenge! Some especially easy challenges: Shattyshot (Friendly - simple IQ and PE check). Shortstraw (Neutral - the Straw Draw). Shark Water (Neutral - multiple non-fatal HT checks). Junksalt Sniper (Friendly - non-fatal camouflage checks)..."

Also it's good to see we passed the challenge. I wonder what the rest of them might be about.

Good to see that even with the Crown and the parasite at least we don't seem to be too hindered to pass reaction checks I guess. Though I assume the more corruptions we get the harder all these social interactions will become.

Anyway, I voted for the Interstate because I wanted to see a Moloch as well. Solar weather seem like they might be the most sensible choice, considering the Shroud and Ashtheft. And we know Pariah already so he might be the safest choice, provided it doesn't come to a fight. Though IIRC he was the toughest fight out of all of them.

And yeah people still seem to think we have something to do with the Sunburners huh. I hope that won't bite us in the rear end when it's time to track the Fire Legion...

Grond fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 20, 2022

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

y'know, I think Blue would be happy we're doing so well with her fam, even if sometimes we forget to finish favors we've started doing. Also SHARK WATER SHARK WATER!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I think the parasite loves shark water as much as we all do.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - Your Future Forecast

They're after it. That dense rubyblack of the Interstate. - 17
They've done it. The fires of the tower are burning again. - 3
They'll rue it. This incursion of the Dreamlands. - 10

He's here, mad with yellow. Jono could be up to anything. - 4
She's there, fierce with red. Salted Earth loves the plains. - 1
Where is he? Struggling with blue. Pariah must be reading. - 25

GODSTORM: Raw and bright with Florida Lightning. - 6
GODSTORM: Bleeding colours from Edgeil Evaporations. - 5
GODSTORM: Accidentally caught up a whole ton of Slime Rain... - 6
GODSTORM: Creating solar suffering from Spray Splits. - 14

...LOADING

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Swim swim hungry, huh

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Captain Foo posted:

Swim swim hungry, huh

We are Keen on shark water

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
If it's Keen, I'm in. :)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Someone remind me, did we get derailed before handing over the Color to Paprika Blue again or did that actually happen?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Someone remind me, did we get derailed before handing over the Color to Paprika Blue again or did that actually happen?

We were derailed long before we got remotely close to that rail.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

I’m not sure we’ve ever been railed, honestly.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

pumpinglemma posted:

I’m not sure we’ve ever been railed, honestly.

never kiss and tell

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Welp. I regret nothing. :colbert:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hey! Having my birthday. Going to try to update tonight after one last festivity. Have some game data content in the meantime.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Happy birthday BA

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Hope you're having a great birthday Black August, thanks again for bringing this freaking rad game to SA!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Happy Birthday

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
Happy birthday Black August!

PepperedMoth
Apr 8, 2022

Less salt, more pepper.
Happy birthday! Hope all your festivities are/were fabulous!

Grond
Mar 31, 2016
Happy birthday!

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Happy birthday! Make sure the Klown doesn't bite!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Happy birthday!!

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Happy birthday! New personal best for "years survived"! Here's to another year for you, and hopefully, also the tyrant child!

tFUCKINGmesis
Oct 5, 2011
Happy birthday! I hope it was a good one :love:

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Happy birthday BA! This is such a loving cool...piece of media I'm not sure how to describe. I've actually dreamed about it being on Steam, lol.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Happy birthday! This thread has been absolutely amazing, thank you for everything. :)

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Happy Birthday, Black August! :toot:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Happy birthday! Thanks for all the hard work you put into this thread.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Happy birthday~!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Happy birthday!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Happy birthday! Thank you for this amazing work, and here's to a good year ahead for you!

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Happy birthday! You've created some truly wonderful work, I hope it continues for years to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ANXIETY: [Mushroom%]

You continue the gangly scuttle-crawl in follow of Spiderfinger, taking in the fact that A: There are apparently a whole lot of ogres rambling the northwest fields, where Kaigen has a seat and stay of dream-gated power, in search of something terrible along the Interstate while they battle with Fae incursions and the sadistic cults. B: It's all worsened in the southermost by the screams, screams she tells you, of wolves driven mad and into mania. They guard, they seek, they range, they vanish, but right now in the time of the New Moon Illness, they were vile. So it's all a warzoned nightmare, and the south of the beach isn't safe what with something doubling what with something doubling, and capable of doing it again doing it again. No. Don't think back, and just marvel at the miracle that is your body patched with endless blood red skin marks where the parasite worked its unnatural to make such a ridiculous mending possible. S H A R K W A T E R. You wait and watch for a second while the tall silk sinister turns back with a too-long pointed finger.

"I still kind of want to... poke. But I promise I won't, if YOU promise to be a best best best while you stay with me and my mine. We can feed. Is that alright?"

Your response is the anxiety furiously stabbing your stomach, to wreeeeeeeennnnccccccch out that last tiny teeny bit of belly bile that simply can't stand the fact that you abused so hard last night, got ragdolled bloodburned ratbit like a fool, and now you don't have a lick of food or drink in you to actually puke out. So up it comes, and it's a little all-at-once intense. The tall killer steps, taken aback, and you raise both your hands while on your knees spitting, and you admit with something the mushrooms pluck out past your ego; you do not have what it takes to fight with the state you are in, and you don't want to. It's all perfectly true. The real sell of honest is that it's not a lie to say you're not sure you could take her; not like you are now! Please, God, just spare the knives and the tyrannical cries for the wary, and just work the Superstar pukehard charm to score something hopefully greasy, and then the careful and increasingly-practiced upsell of Hello Fellow Cultists, How Do You Do. Just, names. They love their names! Name drop. The rainbow shiverspikes your abused brain and belly back into action, and you leap up with enthusiasm that only the parasite's miracle mending makes feasible. You just want food, Spiderfinger! The leaves drift on the cool morning breeze, and she smiles and asks if you'd be fine with climbing first. Honestly, what you want to do is lie down in the grass and have a sniffle and breakfast brought down, but instead you need to keep up with the shark-water-sixer and do the cool. Check it, silks.

(ST - Climb. Yawn. Pay your subscription.) 25 - [5]+[1]+[5] = 11 - Success [By 14].

Auto. You've yet to tire of your ability to climb anything remotely inclined. While there are some stairs and other methods of ascent to be used scattered around the house-cluster, this was obviously the front door and the funnest way. Dead wood smashed into alive wood. You throw your arm to slowly one-two, and this front door is the pleasure of a rough cutout you have to pull yourself up into. While the cultist follows, you take in the foyer. Huh! Clearly a more lived-in place than the apartments, going by how much cleaner it all seems through the softswirls of your vision. Looks like some combination living room and kitchen, jury-rigged from top to bottom with realistic tools of comfort, scattered among faulty wished-up wonders. There's a barely-holding-on couch crafted of some bizarre liquid iridescent plastic. Hexagonal amboyna counters bindling with dishes, grinders, medical tools and injectionables, leftover utensils or brilliant dusts. A small galaxy-model of mini terrariums. A bizarre number of gleaming-fresh baseballs in boxes. Tons of broken down parts being worked on to try to make some other device work. A little breakfast nook. A- oh God, here comes the social, because there's someone else here. With a baseball bat on her shoulder. You are for real too goosed on juiced braingardens to have to keep dealing with this! You keep it real slow and wave, other hand casual casual by the trigger. They're birdy. Capped in baseball red. Pale pale pearly eyes pierce. Blue in overalls whose stains could be labor or could be murder. It's a tense tense one-two but then she lowers the bat when Spiderfinger makes her way up and into the house. Birdy speaks, her voice rougher than you expect.

"Hon?"

The spark of communication that needed one word to ask about 15 questions. The silk sways past you, ignoring in favor of greeting the birdy one with embrace and smile. Spiderfinger pulls her down to the couch where they tumble, rolling in a comfortable sit together. "This is Play To Off, my mine. Play, this is Singer, they drank with Shark Water. They say they did six! Can we feed them since Shark liked them?" Play rapids her eyepierce between you and Spiderfinger, and concedes with a quick nod flick and bounce of her cap. The taller smiles and yanks Play up, and points you over to the little breakfast nook. "I'll dish. Sit. We never get visitors who aren't just selling kill. Play, tell them about the wolf!" You are so happy you're still someone swimming upstream to fungal peak, because it makes sitting here awkwardly with the birdy a whole hell of a lot easier. You smile and listen, while Play roughs out "Oh, yeah. There was a wolf here this morning. Not violent, which was weird. It was sitting right where you are. Just looked at us, then hopped up and hopped out." Spiderfinger adds, "It completely vanished! We looked right out and it was nowhere to be seen. I went looking and then I found you. I thought it was you but then shark water."

Yeah. Ough. You're happy the last of the puke is out at least, and now you can pay off your six-pack subscription and tame the monster that is your trash compactor. Breakfast should be a b- oh wow, it's served! How? Three thin colorful wood plates are plopped down. They all have the same thing it looks like; weird little greenish bulbs and stems with fronds, what must be treefruits, nuts, slices of some dark red raw meat, and a crumbly ball of sticky powder. Uh... well, sure. It's decent sustenance. But Spiderfinger looks unhappy and says, "I know it's gross. But the breakfast dial stopped working right a while ago, and after all the fixes the best it can do is wish up whatever it can remember is lying around the savannah. Sometimes it works like it used to... I think the raw meat is from it sensing the shark water." You wave a hand and say it's fine, nibbling away. Play goes to keep up the pressure and asks, "So why are you out here, Singer? What was Shark Water up to?"

poo poo! Here it is. Story straight time. Just inhale and wait and swallow and...

(IQ - Straighten The Story) 10 - [3]+[2]+[5] = 10 - Exact Success.

Okay! Here's the deal. You quickly sketch it out for the two strange-eyeing you. You're Singer. Touring. Tourism. You kept hearing stuff was going on here with ogres and Fae and stuff, and you've been helping out the Backup. That gets their attention, and Spiderfinger taps her namesake on the table. "You're helping? That's nice to hear. You meet a lot of us?" Here it is! You go right for the drops. You tell them oh sure, sure, you're dropping something off for Paprika, you mention helping Fire Joker and how got an apartment, you... stop short of mentioning anything to do with the swamp, just in time. But those drops alone manage to impress them, since you wouldn't be slinging these names so fast and clean. "That's kind. I'm glad you stopped by here. Where are you going?"

Well, back to Paprika for sure, but you also neED TO DELIVER THIS LETTER OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD. You stand and nearly fall over, pacing and going to dig into your pack to yank out the letter. THIS! You, you need to find Bloodshop's girlfriend and give them this letter! You can't believe you almost forgot. You dance and wave it while they stare at you being lunic, but this seems to be the right thing since acting like a drugged-up overwrought burnout is exactly the language necessary. Spiderfinger waves her intimidating hand to calm you for attention. "Bloodshop- Beach Bae? You need to give her a letter?" Yes! Yeah! He said that you'd find her on the beach, but you didn't meet with anyone wh-

Ah. gently caress.

You sit down and say you may have really screwed up. You think you met Beach Bae, and the mushrooms bubble up to soften your brain as you recall that a rat was doing it again, and doing it twice, and that there was no way Beach Bae survived whatever that Hell was. You shiver and begin to descend, but you're wrenched back up when they both casually brush it off. "Oh, yeah. Bae is just helping manage Doubler's pain. If it's on the beach, then it's looking to nest before it dissolves back into the lake." Wait. She- she's okay? "Sure. She'll get bit to shreds, but it can't kill her. If she was west side, you can probably catch up to her at the south nest. Uh, if you can handle Doubler. You can come back here after if you need a rest stop." What, really?! You could deliver it! But, no, wait. Wait. They said Doubler. Doubler. Doing it, and doing it again. Good God, you walked right into a Lord. You stop eating and pause your manic thought train, pushing aside the fungus just far enough to piece it out. Doubler... Beach Bae. Is it worth it? You could go find her, give it to her, and then loop back around to finally get to Paprika and end this. Or you could ignore Beach Bae and the danger, and put it off for another day. But if you impress these two further, maybe you could turn this into another space place, or at least be given a clean picture of this area and its conflicts.

What's the split?