Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

It's a bit small, but anything for the Revolution to leave Gillette Stadium.

NY2 will play there before playing at Red Bull Arena again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Sorry, it's not 1,000 seats, it's 10,000 seats with expansion potential to 15,000 or more. This to my knowledge has nothing to do with the Revs.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shammypants posted:

Sorry, it's not 1,000 seats, it's 10,000 seats with expansion potential to 15,000 or more. This to my knowledge has nothing to do with the Revs.
A 10,000-seat stadium in Pawtucket? The hell?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Crazy Ted posted:

Drake meme but it's the nah to the Paw sox and the yeah to whatever soccer team ends up there.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

Pawtucket Rangers!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pawtucket_Rangers

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1554217873559658500

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Slonina to Chelsea official, $10M + up to $5M in bonuses, Chicago gets an unspecified sell-on percentage as well.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Philly sign someone called Dick Odada. I have no idea who this is, but I trust their scouts

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Between this and sending Jozy on loan to Puebla, New England's front office sure looks like it's being run by idiots (even if they get a tiny bit of profit out of this deal).

https://twitter.com/samstejskal/status/1554866553627312131

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
getting rid of Jozy was actually the best move the club could have made. Signing him on the other hand, does indicate high levels of incompetence.

Lletget has been pretty poo poo too and I'm sure he's on relatively big wages so that's good.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Gigi Galli posted:

getting rid of Jozy was actually the best move the club could have made. Signing him on the other hand, does indicate high levels of incompetence.

Lletget has been pretty poo poo too and I'm sure he's on relatively big wages so that's good.

What more did you want from Big Josmer, six tools??!!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Christian Benteke is joining DC united because, uh, why not I guess? Not really excited.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1555216285348282369?t=iT4GKe8Yt6hWGqS_rrkgWA&s=19

We brought back Richie to be full time right back, a spot left open by him some few months ago.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Revs released Traustason as well. he was not very good but I liked him a lot

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

So I just started watching MLS this year. Is it true that the viewing rights are changing next year? ESPN plus and a VPN has worked pretty well for me except tonight

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Sadly yes, but you won't need a VPN anymore

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Defense is apparently optional in the league now

https://twitter.com/MLS_PR/status/1558672972235390976

edit: Gutman's equalizer for Atlanta against Cincy was also the league 20,000th goal :toot:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 14, 2022

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah, it's funny how for about 5 minutes I actually wanted the Rapids to sign him as an upgrade to Rubio, and then Rubio goes and has a good season (when he's not suspended) while Jozy has fallen off the earth.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Defense is apparently optional in the league now

The recent increase in transfer fees into mls has tilted the league more toward attacking in terms of talent balance i think

A lot of the league is spending like 5 or 10mil to buy wingers or strikers or attacking midfielders fairly often now and its adding up. Go look at yesterdays scoresheets and its full of recent expensive incoming players

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

G-Hawk posted:

The recent increase in transfer fees into mls has tilted the league more toward attacking in terms of talent balance i think

A lot of the league is spending like 5 or 10mil to buy wingers or strikers or attacking midfielders fairly often now and its adding up. Go look at yesterdays scoresheets and its full of recent expensive incoming players

Yep. Like look at the LAFC vs CLT game. You have loving Vela and Arango attacking some poor bastards named Brandt Bronico, Ben Bender, and Quinn McNeill in the midfield. Like these guys don't have a chance in hell against that quality.

Basically all clubs finally have the resources to get some really potent attacking players at this point so that is where all the money is going, and they are just throwing draft players out to defend and hope for the best.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Edward Mass posted:

I haven't seen a bigger odds spread on an MLS match ever than RBNY/Toronto this weekend.

Ladies and germs, we have a new benchmark with LAFC/D.C. United.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

San Jose is hiring Luchi Gonzalez for coach next year

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Ladies and germs, we have a new benchmark with LAFC/D.C. United.

on the one hand, betting on dc united is dumb as hell. on the other hand, no mls team should ever be -520

a conundrum. maybe i'll bet dc united+2.5 lol

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

G-Hawk posted:

on the one hand, betting on dc united is dumb as hell. on the other hand, no mls team should ever be -520

a conundrum. maybe i'll bet dc united+2.5 lol

I put a fiver on a draw, just as a lark.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I put a $1 on each win & draw. I'm up on the season anyway.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Without having watched the game, I'm going to assume the only reason it was 1-0 LAFC and not any worse was because Steve Cherundolo put himself in as the #9 just to make things interesting.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

What's counts as a hand for the purposes of a handball? Everything below the elbow? Below the shoulder?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If you're asking sincerely:

IFAB Law 12 posted:

For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit. Not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence.

In practice, who the gently caress knows?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

whypick1 posted:

If you're asking sincerely:

In practice, who the gently caress knows?

IFAB should change the name of the offense to armball then

DC commentators were real mad a ball that was kicked directly into a bicep wasn't called a handball, which is why I asked

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

IFAB should change the name of the offense to armball then

DC commentators were real mad a ball that was kicked directly into a bicep wasn't called a handball, which is why I asked

i was surprised that wasn't given, honestly.

look up what led to two pens being given today in celta vigo v real madrid, they were really similar. different leagues i know, but still

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I feel like this is the best DC's played in forever so not surprised we're down 1 now

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/MarianoCepeda8/status/1561202282015989762

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/TheStrikerNews/status/1561819288343805954

:unsmigghh:

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Rigoni and Driussi friendship ball about to take the league by storm :getin:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I think this just about sums up KC's season:

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1561831709934555136

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: Training wheels are coming off :siren:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAthleticSCCR/status/1562208840363298819

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

this is a big deal and whichever teams plow money into youth scouting are gonna run the league in 10 years

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Unless, of course, it’s Dallas.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Speaking of MLS youth development:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l-JSw8rh5Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

G-Hawk posted:

this is a big deal and whichever teams plow money into youth scouting are gonna run the league in 10 years

America is hosed with the pay-to-play system; the fees are WILD. I had no idea how awfully expensive they are til I joined the board of a scholarship specifically dedicated to helping kids pay for gear, academy fees, funds for tournaments, etc.

it’s a huge struggle for so, so many families to get to the financial point of sending their kid to an academy.