Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/q3wa8Ai.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
what is this sort of contraption called? for some reason I thought these sorts of complex one-man-multi-instrument setups was a Hurdy Gurdy, but that's apparently a different thing so I have no idea now. Is there a specific name?

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
one man band, not to be confused by one-man-banned, which fill in the blanks this joke writes itself

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

If I know anything about animators, this is 100% intentional.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

As opposed to oops animated

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

dialhforhero posted:

If I know anything about animators, this is 100% intentional.

Knormal posted:

Maybe it's to be used as lip balm?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Kept waiting for the chair to fall. That’s a pretty solid chair.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

The only reason that chair didn’t fall was because she maintained a counterweight mass along the front. Watch her hand & foot.

I wonder if she figured that out intuitively, or if this was take #54

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Imgur said she’s a professional rock climber.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

How the ... ? Does the car have some sort of heavy -rear end gyroscope in it to kick off those rotations?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

null_pointer posted:

How the ... ? Does the car have some sort of heavy -rear end gyroscope in it to kick off those rotations?

Naturally nose heavy but you can goose the throttle at the lip of the ramps to make it backflip instead.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just the motor, tons of torque. Spinning and stopping rotation is pretty important with them otherwise your gonna go through a lot of bodies.

They aren’t nose heavy, usually the weight is mid-rear.

My cheapy mud kicker

When it was stock

a sexual elk has a new favorite as of 16:09 on Aug 24, 2022

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

null_pointer posted:

The only flip it does forward is off the first ramp, the rest are falls, I'd say its just back heavy.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Cartoon Man posted:

Imgur said she’s a professional rock climber.

That helps, if you're climbing a mountain and you don't maintain a counterweight the whole thing flips. Same skill, different scale.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
It's a tiny RC car. Proportionally, it has four large gyroscopes called the "wheels" that the operator can speed up or slow down to induce rotation

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

For what it's worth you see the same thing in motocross/FMX a lot. In DH MTB we do it sometimes too (brake the rear wheel to transfer that inertia to the bike and lower the front in midair) but the mass is so different it doesn't make nearly as large a difference, and we can't throttle on.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ICvfAo4Cp8&t=419s

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/JwDa70Y.mp4

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Duck Fulcrum

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

PainterofCrap posted:

Duck Fulcrum

wow what did dulcrum ever do to you?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

See? Even in Europe people find roundabouts confusing.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Volksquackin

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Not sure this Sharknado sequel is going to work.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

This is an absolutely unhinged way to use a writing implement

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

freeedr posted:

Ive always hated this as well

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rf66ndh9oF1r0uzl6.mp4

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Preparing to poo poo in the garbage bin, Spider-Man is instead overcome with violent rage when he notices a security camera observing him

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

freeedr posted:

yeah just pragmatically your hand is gonna cramp up after like 100 words. Good luck writing anything of a decent length.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Brawnfire posted:

Preparing to poo poo in the garbage bin, Spider-Man is instead overcome with violent rage when he notices a security camera observing him
I feel like this is all viral marketing for the season premiere of Doctor Who where the UK is invaded by a race of mylar balloon people.

Or at least it would be, if Doctor Who still did fun episodes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bike tory posted:

yeah just pragmatically your hand is gonna cramp up after like 100 words. Good luck writing anything of a decent length.

Honestly as someone who always really struggled to hold a pen the normal way precisely because of hand cramps it might be easier to do it that way, rather than a scrunched up knuckle ball as I used to do in school. I would be willing to bet a small amount of money that it may be an adaptation to being unable to do it the normal way.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/aCGRxTX.mp4

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That is one hell of a shot

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Haha dumb rear end bird

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Those are fish being dropped in from the air. What the hell?

Unless you're talking about the bird flying by in the background, in which case I agree he looks like a big idiot.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Knormal posted:

Those are fish being dropped in from the air. What the hell?

Unless you're talking about the bird flying by in the background, in which case I agree he looks like a big idiot.

Looks like it's from a NatGeo documentary (Seven Worlds, One Planet) and the fish are from Indonesian fisherman who are dropping them into the water for the shark:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2236212573346496

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Looked to me like a bird was dive bombing the fish and flew right down its gullet.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
I find myself in need of a good collection of helicopter gifs that I will put to use furthering the cause of public transit. I know that sounds a strange, but it's true. The perfect helicopter gif would be a helicopter landing on a city street, but I'm not gonna be too picky, I just need a bunch of helicopter gifs.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

I feel like this is all viral marketing for the season premiere of Doctor Who where the UK is invaded by a race of mylar balloon people.

Or at least it would be, if Doctor Who still did fun episodes.

Hey you could totally do a modern Doctor Who episode about that! Well, if you can explain how the balloon people are an ancient enemy of the doctor from before time! And if you can somehow tie them into a universe ending event! Bonus points if you can get a companion lost in the time vortex or killed off or something!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Hermsgervørden posted:

I find myself in need of a good collection of helicopter gifs that I will put to use furthering the cause of public transit. I know that sounds a strange, but it's true. The perfect helicopter gif would be a helicopter landing on a city street, but I'm not gonna be too picky, I just need a bunch of helicopter gifs.

I don't have it but you should get the chainsaw hedge trimmer helicopter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Hermsgervørden posted:

This is the opposite of that (and the correct response to the action):

This is rad.