Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

algebra testes posted:

I'm addicted to Journey of Wrestling.

Booking 1996 WCW like it's AJPW is working really well, actually.

edit: although some of this wrestler ratings are pretty off. The AI has run a really hot Warrior/Austin feud with ***** matches every night which seems a little implausible.

In that timeline during Warrior's second run in the fed the gimmick was given to Shawn Michaels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Following on from my last post, I got annoyed about how over rated a lot of the wrestlers are, so I made my own custom database where people like Hogan and Luger only have 1 workrate.

It's actually funny how bad this makes the game when all the main events are like * star drizzling shits because none of the main eventers in WCW can work except for Flair and Sting.

And then the undercard of the WWF is that but 100x worse.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sounds like you've accurately simulated mid-90's WWF

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
This sounds great, part of my annoyance with wrestling sim games is that there's no way to make the AI book dumb (like if you gave them an accurate WWE roster with Vince in charge, he would always book great shows instead of brainrot nonsense like what actually happened) and that's a good way to deter some of that.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

algebra testes posted:

I'm addicted to Journey of Wrestling.

Booking 1996 WCW like it's AJPW is working really well, actually.

edit: although some of this wrestler ratings are pretty off. The AI has run a really hot Warrior/Austin feud with ***** matches every night which seems a little implausible.
Oh, look, someone made a game specifically to manipulate my brainworms.

Strong recommend on this... best way I can describe it is a rebuilt Promotion Wars, with a fantasy draft functionality.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Remake The Warriors game but it is wrestlers IMO

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

zetamind2000 posted:

In that timeline during Warrior's second run in the fed the gimmick was given to Shawn Michaels

He lost his smile and found Destrucity

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Im sure this has been asked before but is there a mod for Wrestling Empire that stops those 10 minute long submission animations? It sucks being caught in a hold and just sitting there for 2 minutes watching nothing happen.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Trying posted:

Remake The Warriors game but it is wrestlers IMO

Empire has this

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

CVagts posted:

This sounds great, part of my annoyance with wrestling sim games is that there's no way to make the AI book dumb (like if you gave them an accurate WWE roster with Vince in charge, he would always book great shows instead of brainrot nonsense like what actually happened) and that's a good way to deter some of that.
TEW has an AI booking skill metric, though I don’t know precisely how it works,
if it just sometimes goes for sub-optimal booking choices or there’s a cruder, blanket score penalty. Assuming the latter, given that’s how it works with other office functions

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

heres some ingame footage from that german games thing unos at

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/wwfaeu/my_one_handed_gameplay_footage_of_aew_fight/

i think for only being 12 seconds its looking good. plus its confirmed got tall paul in it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Suplex Liberace posted:

heres some ingame footage from that german games thing unos at

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/wwfaeu/my_one_handed_gameplay_footage_of_aew_fight/

i think for only being 12 seconds its looking good. plus its confirmed got tall paul in it

I'm excited for this. It definitely has some N64 callbacks with the blocking style and just the general camera setup and everything and the models look good enough for me. I never needed hyper-realism in a game, just something that was easy to pick up and fun to play. Hopefully this checks those off as well.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I like what I'm seeing. Doens't look choppy at all.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
dig diggity, dig diggity dog

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

dig diggity, dig diggity dog

SOCKO

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Bbbbreak it

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
https://twitch.tv/aewgames

They just showed a full match. Adam Cole vs Kenny Omega and it was awesome. They showed V-triggers, One Winged Angel, and an Avalanche One Winged Angel.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Colt Cabana spotted on stream

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cabana doing the puffy chest attack block is just him being Matt Classic lol

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

- Eddie Kingston
Triggering pyro with button combos during entrances sounds amazing.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

onefunkynote posted:

Triggering pyro with button combos during entrances sounds amazing.

Yeah that well allow some cool timing animation. I wonder if you can do it multiple times until you're like Nash in WCW.

No cage match but they said not yet so makes me wonder of new match types will also be dlc.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

onefunkynote posted:

https://twitch.tv/aewgames

They just showed a full match. Adam Cole vs Kenny Omega and it was awesome. They showed V-triggers, One Winged Angel, and an Avalanche One Winged Angel.

Crossposting because I was posting in the AEW thread, oops.

This game is going to kick rear end. They've mentioned that it's already looking better from the development footage, but the main thing that excites me is SIMPLE game controls. A couple attack buttons, a grapple button, then point in a direction and hit a button to do different grapple moves. It really does feel like an N64 game in that anyone can pick up a controller and learn to play in minutes.

Some of the stuff looks a little funny, like the character models on the versus screen, but I'm sure that'll be improved as we get closer to release time.

Edit: lol, game has a "holy poo poo" chant which is pretty funny

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Colt just jokingly asked if Regal could slap people in the game and the dev guy on the show laughed and said yes, so now if it's not in the game I'm gonna be REAL MAD FOR REAL.

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

- Eddie Kingston
Confirmed you can eat pizza in the game. First day buy for sure.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Colt on this show is making me really miss seeing Colt Cabana as a regular guy on TV. He's just such a lovable dude.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Colt just jokingly asked if Regal could slap people in the game and the dev guy on the show laughed and said yes, so now if it's not in the game I'm gonna be REAL MAD FOR REAL.

The mortal kombat challenges but instead of breaking bricks you have to mash so you can withstand a Regal slap

Oh neat Max Caster has original music in the game

Shard fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 24, 2022

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Shard posted:

Oh neat Max Caster has original music in the game

I will buy a season pass of nothing but The Acclaimed entrance raps.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Golden Bee posted:

Empire has this

The You Testament with the Def Jam engine

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

TEW has an AI booking skill metric, though I don’t know precisely how it works,
if it just sometimes goes for sub-optimal booking choices or there’s a cruder, blanket score penalty. Assuming the latter, given that’s how it works with other office functions

I should have mentioned that I haven't played TEW since 2017, so if it was added in 2020, I missed it. This sounds cool, I may have to give 2020 a try (weird-rear end DRM be damned).

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I noticed on the entranced clip that the chyron included the W/L record (both were at 0-0) and I really hope the game will keep track of that, even in exhibition mode. It’s a little thing but would add so much more stakes if you have two undefeated wreslters competing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

onefunkynote posted:

Confirmed you can eat pizza in the game. First day buy for sure.

TMNT: Cleaner's Revenge.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Love the simplicity of the controls

More gameplay

https://twitter.com/williamrbr/status/1562472177311440898?s=21&t=wKqEY8ubZgmdhBwi4ZeJOg

Dacap fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 24, 2022

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Dacap posted:

Love the simplicity of the controls
separate punch and kick button seems odd... but I doubt they plan to go full Warzone with the controls, so it'll prob be fine!

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Minidust posted:

separate punch and kick button seems odd... but I doubt they plan to go full Warzone with the controls, so it'll prob be fine!

It looks very much like they just cribbed the old N64 No Mercy/VPW2/Revenge controls and match engine and added a couple of quality-of-life options to it (like separate punch and kick buttons for more variety and significantly more special and finisher slots).

Honestly, a modernized AKI N64 wrestling game is all I was really hoping for and oh boy did this preview scratch that itch: Lots of nostalgia bundled with lots of cool new additions and bells-and-whistles. I'm also really happy they went with stylized characters instead of those weird uncanny valley scanned ones that are so hit-and-miss on the modern WWE games.

I've changed my opinion from "I hope this doesn't suck" to "cautiously optimistic".

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I wonder if i can still caw a wrestler who’s offense is nothing but various kinds of ddts

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Or a referee who does nothing but different shoulderbreakers.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Five finisher and sig slots, all filled with dick kicks

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Five finisher and sig slots, all filled with dick kicks

Adam Cole is already in the game, you don’t need to waste a caw slot.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I dig the signature and special levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

I dig the signature and special levels

Thats also a really good upgrade from No Mercy which I believe had 10 moves from grapples this one should either have 12 or 15 - 15 if you don't have to push a direction and can just hit a button