Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

YeahTubaMike posted:

27c was a loving relief, the days have been between 32 & 38 for the past week and a half :cry: Maybe one day I can find a nice Icelandic gentleman to marry because I love him and definitely not to gain the citizenship of a country whose summers max out at like 19c

Are you an EEA citizen? You can just move to Iceland if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

God. Not getting a period very often since going on Nexplanon has REALLY made it more obvious how loving wild hormones make me. I've been spotting for two weeks and for that two weeks my impulse control has just been GONE. I am hornt up to poo poo and buying so much dumb garbage. I'm chatty as hell suddenly letting the absolute cringiest poo poo fall out of my mouth. How much money have I spent on energy drinks and candy in the last two weeks. I have no idea and I refuse to find out. The whole thing kicked off with three days of heavy bleeding and a migraine, which is a theoretical improvement over my unmedicated migraine, hell cramps, and straight week of blood tsunami. I used to do this once a month??? God. No wonder I dropped out of high school. I thought I was coping better with ADHD due to my age but maybe I'm just finally mostly free of whatever the gently caress this is.

I mean, I'm fine with it right now. I'm enjoying the many bad decisions I'm making. But I just had that moment of self-awareness that in a week when I recover my marbles I'm gonna be real pissed about this.

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
Usually my periods are really quite light and don't give me any trouble but I just started it in the middle of like two and a half days of airports and long international flights and I never can stay hydrated while flying and find it difficult to eat well which always makes me feel like poo poo for a few days after and I was gone for six weeks and so now I'm super jet lagged and hot and miserable.

I knew it was coming so I'd prepared and carried my period underwear in a carry-on bag in case, and also always carry a few Megababe shower sheets while I'm traveling for freshening up during layovers and such (super recommend!), but still mega inconvenient and was giving me PTSD flashbacks to my first which was also on an airplane, but as an unaccompanied minor on the way to visit my grandma and of course I wasn't prepared even though I knew what to expect and no one told me that most airplane toilets have a compartment with pads and stuff and so had to seek help from a very kind and sympathetic flight attendant and ya so that was traumatic and embarrassing and just all over horrible and I wanted to crash and die.

So yeah gently caress dehydrated jetlag period.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I know my periods are usually heavy. But today was the worst. Just constant bleeding so heavy I could feel it. I also had my first major non-back leak. It ended up on my calf! :cry: At least I was wearing black pants.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

rekko posted:

Usually my periods are really quite light and don't give me any trouble but I just started it in the middle of like two and a half days of airports and long international flights and I never can stay hydrated while flying and find it difficult to eat well which always makes me feel like poo poo for a few days after and I was gone for six weeks and so now I'm super jet lagged and hot and miserable.

I knew it was coming so I'd prepared and carried my period underwear in a carry-on bag in case, and also always carry a few Megababe shower sheets while I'm traveling for freshening up during layovers and such (super recommend!), but still mega inconvenient and was giving me PTSD flashbacks to my first which was also on an airplane, but as an unaccompanied minor on the way to visit my grandma and of course I wasn't prepared even though I knew what to expect and no one told me that most airplane toilets have a compartment with pads and stuff and so had to seek help from a very kind and sympathetic flight attendant and ya so that was traumatic and embarrassing and just all over horrible and I wanted to crash and die.

So yeah gently caress dehydrated jetlag period.

I have many repressed memories about traveling long distances and periods. Thank you for the reminders!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hey, so like, I've got a question because I don't know about any of this and I ended up chatting with my wife about her IUD after some of the women at work were talking about theirs recently at lunch. Anyway, wife has talked with her doctor about this and she didn't seem to think it was any cause for concern, but we'd be interested to know if anyone else has a similar experience.

My wife previously used (made use of? had installed?) the Mirena IUD, and then one day like a few years in, but still within the effective range, she started experiencing some pain and it turned out to be a pregnancy and it was probably ectopic the doctors said, and they pulled the IUD and monitored the situation and it turned out to resolve itself with no further intervention. We decide that's not something we want again, I get a vasectomy to prevent all that, but she also gets a new IUD for menstrual cycle regulation as well. This time they install a Kyleena, only now she doesn't get a period at all, whereas before on the Mirena she did have a sort of medium one, down from heavy prior to using any IUD. Now, evidently this is sort of contrary to what one might expect because the Kyleena has lower hormone levels or something? At most these days she kind of gets irregular cramping that I've starting calling a phantom period though I don't think the timing actually lines up correctly for that to be what it is.

Anyway, like I said, her doctor doesn't seem too concerned, and she says she doesn't miss it, but also she didn't object to me discussing her period or new lack of with strangers on the internet, so is this familiar to anyone else? Any experience going between these two products?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I feel like i should shred sheet metal with my bare hands rn. So loving irritable and bloated and brain fogged. I hate this part of my cycle it sucks

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

ReidRansom posted:

Now, evidently this is sort of contrary to what one might expect because the Kyleena has lower hormone levels or something? At most these days she kind of gets irregular cramping that I've starting calling a phantom period though I don't think the timing actually lines up correctly for that to be what it is.
I don't have experience with that specifically, but when I got Nexplanon I was warned in advance of possible nightmare periods and instead mine went away. The way birth control reacts to different people is basically a crapshoot. I've even gone off a pill for a while and when I started taking the exact same one again I got completely different side effects. Hormones are weird.

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

At most these days she kind of gets irregular cramping that I've starting calling a phantom period though I don't think the timing actually lines up correctly for that to be what it is.

I just had Kyleena installed in May and so far I’ve had mostly cramping with super light spotting for like 2 weeks straight with maybe 2 days in the middle with light flow. I used to get super heavy flows.
I am having a hard time putting my finger on a start/stop for tracking and cannot tell if my moods swings are coming from major depression or if I can chalk it up to PMS and keep having faith in the Prozac.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

KitConstantine posted:

I feel like i should shred sheet metal with my bare hands rn. So loving irritable and bloated and brain fogged. I hate this part of my cycle it sucks

Syncing my posting habits to your cycle seems a novel concept.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Weird screwed up sleep schedule, easily upset stomach, and mentally feel like garbage?
We know what's coming :sigh:

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Rust Martialis posted:

Syncing my posting habits to your cycle seems a novel concept.

I try not to let it impact my work judgement, I may be less scrupulous about avoiding letting it impact my modding judgement

Tho honestly avoid posting like a jerk and everything will be fine :)

Pomme de Terror posted:

Weird screwed up sleep schedule, easily upset stomach, and mentally feel like garbage?
We know what's coming :sigh:

:sadhighfive:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i just learned tubal ligations have a failure rate higher than 0% literally what is the loving point then

i'm terrified of getting pregnant i'm gonna tear out my uterus with my bare hands

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Killingyouguy! posted:

i just learned tubal ligations have a failure rate higher than 0% literally what is the loving point then

i'm terrified of getting pregnant i'm gonna tear out my uterus with my bare hands

Medical transcriptionist here of 15+ years! I have never, in the thousands upon thousands of reports I've typed, heard of someone who got pregnant with a tubal ligation. Removing the entire Fallopian tube is called a salpingectomy, and that is even more effective than a ligation (and can nix any chances Fallopian tubes cancer!) Essure seems to be a mixed bag from what I've read, but again, I don't recall encountering a report where there was a pregnancy from it. If you can only get a ligation, ask for a fimbriectomy - that removes the little "fingers" that sweep the released egg into the tube. Be calm but very firm that you want to minimize any possible chance of pregnancy. You got this!

I wish there was a "take a uterus, leave a uterus" option in life though, drat. I'd love to donate my eggs n ham to someone who wants it

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Pyrtanis posted:

Medical transcriptionist here of 15+ years! I have never, in the thousands upon thousands of reports I've typed, heard of someone who got pregnant with a tubal ligation. Removing the entire Fallopian tube is called a salpingectomy, and that is even more effective than a ligation (and can nix any chances Fallopian tubes cancer!) Essure seems to be a mixed bag from what I've read, but again, I don't recall encountering a report where there was a pregnancy from it. If you can only get a ligation, ask for a fimbriectomy - that removes the little "fingers" that sweep the released egg into the tube. Be calm but very firm that you want to minimize any possible chance of pregnancy. You got this!

I wish there was a "take a uterus, leave a uterus" option in life though, drat. I'd love to donate my eggs n ham to someone who wants it

Hm, okay. I'm obviously not a medical professional and just reading wikipedia but wikipedia says the failure rate of a tubal ligation is about 0.5%, giving or taking depending on the type of procedure. It gives the hormone arm stick 0.2% but hormones scare me tbh the ones i'm already on gently caress me up enough as it is
if i can ever get a gynecologist to call me back i'll ask for the more complete removal though, thanks

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Killingyouguy! posted:

Hm, okay. I'm obviously not a medical professional and just reading wikipedia but wikipedia says the failure rate of a tubal ligation is about 0.5%, giving or taking depending on the type of procedure. It gives the hormone arm stick 0.2% but hormones scare me tbh the ones i'm already on gently caress me up enough as it is
if i can ever get a gynecologist to call me back i'll ask for the more complete removal though, thanks

I think that's still a pretty solid success rate compared with a lot of other methods of contraception to be honest.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

HopperUK posted:

I think that's still a pretty solid success rate compared with a lot of other methods of contraception to be honest.

Sure, but I kind of wish there was one that was straight up 0%! like if it could just be Literally Impossible! even that .5% means the anxiety won't go away

HazCat
May 4, 2009

HopperUK posted:

I would not want to risk being that unlucky 1 in 200 in a country that just made abortion illegal and has some states criminalising miscarriages.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

HazCat posted:

I would not want to risk being that unlucky 1 in 200 in a country that just made abortion illegal and has some states criminalising miscarriages.

yeah those odds seem pretty unreal for outright surgery

i'm lucky enough to be in a country that has kept abortion legal up til now but that can always change

wikipedia lists vasectomy failure rates at 0.1% so if my partner and i both get cut up what's the effective risk of pregnancy oh god it's been so long since i took stats

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 22, 2022

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I much prefer the pre and ovulation part of all this compared to the weepy cramps and thinking everyone hates me.

Much easier to think sexy thoughts and plan on what toy to use when I get home than, well, everything else.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013

Pyrtanis posted:

I wish this was possible! I’m asexual (and generally sex-repelled) and wish I could give this organ to someone that would want/use it.

I told a trans friend of mine I wish I could give mine to her, and she said that was not the first offer she’s received, so now and again I ask her how many uteruses (uterii?) she’s hypothetically collected (at least three!)

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
To my uterus:

I get it, my period is due this week. My app (and the influx of posts in this thread) indicated that.

So could you please stop giving me cramps with nothing to show for it?

Your host,
MACAW.AVI

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Killingyouguy! posted:

yeah those odds seem pretty unreal for outright surgery

i'm lucky enough to be in a country that has kept abortion legal up til now but that can always change

wikipedia lists vasectomy failure rates at 0.1% so if my partner and i both get cut up what's the effective risk of pregnancy oh god it's been so long since i took stats

Hi

No offense I mean it
I mean it!!^
But worrying this much about getting pregnant after a tubal ligation means means you should consider seeing someone about possibly having an anxiety disorder like I have

I had no history of it, I had just had regular depression and it manifested as health anxiety and I did not even realize that was what I had for a few years which were miserable

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Trying to keep my irritation in check now that Ralph Jr is in the 'why' phase. "Mama why you tired? Why does you period make you tired? Wh you have hormones? Why do you have a period? Why are you a girl?"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Why indeed, little pal, why indeed.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Trying to keep my irritation in check now that Ralph Jr is in the 'why' phase. "Mama why you tired? Why does you period make you tired? Wh you have hormones? Why do you have a period? Why are you a girl?"

My adult, grown rear end husband, upon hearing me tiredly opine about how goddamn exhausting it is managing feeling unreasonably angry with the hormone poo poo:

"you don't have to be angry tho, you can choose not to..?"

*teeth clench*

(he's really a good guy, a complete teddy bear and I don't think he can actually understand what feeling like that is like, also he fetches me chocolate)

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Pyrtanis posted:

My adult, grown rear end husband, upon hearing me tiredly opine about how goddamn exhausting it is managing feeling unreasonably angry with the hormone poo poo:

*teeth clench*

(he's really a good guy, a complete teddy bear and I don't think he can actually understand what feeling like that is like, also he fetches me chocolate)

'Have you tried being happy about how uncomfortable and horrifying the monthly blood-flood is?'

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Pyrtanis posted:

*teeth clench*

Most guys have that blind spot. I recommend an experiment, though: you punch him in the gut, back, thighs, and junk at random, day and night, for a few days. Also you get to pour liquids like chocolate syrup and tomato juice on his crotch, also at random and day or night. Tell him he has to rise above it for the week, and that you'll be doing it all over again next month. And the month after that, and the month after that, until he's experienced puberty to menopause

Edit: if he really wants the full experience, offer him laxatives and/or ipecac as well

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 25, 2022

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Edit: if he really wants the full experience, offer him laxatives and/or ipecac as well

Three days of Imodium prior to the smack down.
Might want PrepH on hand too……..

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Imagine if dudes felt every sperm produced.

I was on a literary kick, realized I didn't have The Color Purple, and bought it and one of the sequels, Possessing the Secret of Joy. Now to be fair my Color Purple initial copy ended up read so much it fell in two, and I've read Possessing but drat it is hard to read again. It's about Tashi, the Olinka girl/woman from Color Purple and details a lot more about her life including her getting FGM in her teens. Her mom refused to let it happen when she was a baby, or a child after her sister bled to death, but as Tashi grows up and all her life is stripped away by the rear end in a top hat white people taking over the village, she decides to get it done because it's a sign of her people. Of course getting this done at age 18/20 leaves her a crippled mad mess, but the book doesn't shy away from how her period now takes a full month, and going to the bathroom takes an hour.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

Imagine if dudes felt every sperm produced.

I was on a literary kick, realized I didn't have The Color Purple, and bought it and one of the sequels, Possessing the Secret of Joy. Now to be fair my Color Purple initial copy ended up read so much it fell in two, and I've read Possessing but drat it is hard to read again. It's about Tashi, the Olinka girl/woman from Color Purple and details a lot more about her life including her getting FGM in her teens. Her mom refused to let it happen when she was a baby, or a child after her sister bled to death, but as Tashi grows up and all her life is stripped away by the rear end in a top hat white people taking over the village, she decides to get it done because it's a sign of her people. Of course getting this done at age 18/20 leaves her a crippled mad mess, but the book doesn't shy away from how her period now takes a full month, and going to the bathroom takes an hour.

This reminds me of the book I read a while ago, Who Fears Death, which is sci-fantasy afrofuturism about a young Sudanese woman and also touches on similar topics. It’s a tough read but a really good one.

In uterus related news, I loving caught Covid so I have to reschedule the obgyn appointment that I had to book with a loving four month delay and now god knows how long it’ll take me to get back in. Argh!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Most guys have that blind spot. I recommend an experiment, though: you punch him in the gut, back, thighs, and junk at random, day and night, for a few days. Also you get to pour liquids like chocolate syrup and tomato juice on his crotch, also at random and day or night. Tell him he has to rise above it for the week, and that you'll be doing it all over again next month. And the month after that, and the month after that, until he's experienced puberty to menopause

:lol:

This is great. I'd also suggest getting a really strong electric blanket and when he's sleeping cover him in the blanket and turn it to max. Then act all surprised when he wakes up sweaty and upset and say just choose to ignore it and rise above.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

TriggerHappyMarie posted:

Three days of Imodium prior to the smack down.
Might want PrepH on hand too……..

The Titanic posted:

:lol:

This is great. I'd also suggest getting a really strong electric blanket and when he's sleeping cover him in the blanket and turn it to max. Then act all surprised when he wakes up sweaty and upset and say just choose to ignore it and rise above.

Jesus, it just astounds me over and over again the madness our bodies put us through, and that most of us only have mild cPTSD from it

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

AbstractBlacksmith posted:

This reminds me of the book I read a while ago, Who Fears Death, which is sci-fantasy afrofuturism about a young Sudanese woman and also touches on similar topics. It’s a tough read but a really good one.

In uterus related news, I loving caught Covid so I have to reschedule the obgyn appointment that I had to book with a loving four month delay and now god knows how long it’ll take me to get back in. Argh!

I also remember the book Desert Flower being pretty good. I think I picked it up off the ground at a carboot and it was worth the read.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Oh good, you found the book my mom never read :lol:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Source (it's recent)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

That looks amazing. I may have to pick it up. :)

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Her book Unmentionable has a chapter titled, "Menstruation: You're Doing It Wrong, which all about "How to conceal your loathsome addiction to menstruating", so of course I bought it at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Thursday - sad
Friday - horny
Saturday - ANGRY

Ovulated on Friday. PMS and ovulation now lining up I guess.