Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
more moves isn't better. whichever letter button feels weakest will get all strikes. that's what we all have to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My Signature is going to be the chicken wing jawbreaker, and my finisher is going to be the testicle claw

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i just realized my main goal will be to get some random wrestler a record of like 575-0

edit: i wonder if it will be possible to break the game by giving someone too many wins

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

better put in the Karelin lift. and the six seconds magic. I miss whoever my VPW2 CAW with the SSM was.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm going to make this my finisher and beat Chris Jericho with it and break the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqWudY_iViM

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh man I hope they do that thing of the CAW systems I remember where they would just put in all the assets of characters from other series. Anime Hair 02 is just Goku. And I want moves that no one in AEW does. Give me The Acid Drop, give me the top rope Awesome Bomb, give me the Tanahashi's move I want it all.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

There better be an option to reskin everything to make it look like an N64 MDickie game. :colbert:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I hope I can change people's tshirts so I can put Lela in Team Taz and make my own groups

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

more moves isn't better. whichever letter button feels weakest will get all strikes. that's what we all have to do.

This, because one of the reasons CAW creation in the WWE games takes so long is they have about 10,000 moves and a lot of them are just slight variations of the same move. Like do you really need 30 different variations of a standing DDT?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

This, because one of the reasons CAW creation in the WWE games takes so long is they have about 10,000 moves and a lot of them are just slight variations of the same move. Like do you really need 30 different variations of a standing DDT?

This but clothesline. Why on earth would I pick the clothesline that barely hits the guy. I'm always going to pick the one that makes them do the inside out flip

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Drakkel posted:

variations are the only sane way to fill them out when you're making someone tbh. trying to think of 16 front grapples for any wrestler isn't real. no one does that.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Shard posted:

This but clothesline. Why on earth would I pick the clothesline that barely hits the guy. I'm always going to pick the one that makes them do the inside out flip

facts. period.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

variations are the only sane way to fill them out when you're making someone tbh. trying to think of 16 front grapples for any wrestler isn't real. no one does that.

A slightly more sane version of this would be you just pick a basic move like "DDT" and then maybe have a separate advanced menu where you can choose a variation of it that's completely optional for people who really want to spend 15 hours making a single character, rather than the way 2K does it now where you have to scroll through every possible combination of player/opponent positions and set like 30 different moves for each one and most likely you'll never, ever see all of them in any actual matches cause you're just gonna do the moves you remember anyway.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

that's a very rad idea. I agree.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

There had better be a shitload of variations for atomic drop and inverted atomic drop (aka manhattan drop) or I will refund this game instantly

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i also agree.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Drakkel posted:

A slightly more sane version of this would be you just pick a basic move like "DDT" and then maybe have a separate advanced menu where you can choose a variation of it that's completely optional for people who really want to spend 15 hours making a single character, rather than the way 2K does it now where you have to scroll through every possible combination of player/opponent positions and set like 30 different moves for each one and most likely you'll never, ever see all of them in any actual matches cause you're just gonna do the moves you remember anyway.

I would love this because the other problem with the huge move lists is that they are strictly alphabetical so the same kind of moves aren't grouped together if any of them has a variant name like "reverse" or "sitout" in front

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I would love if you could pick how to sell stuff. I wanna make everyone sell an atomic drop like Rick Rude

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Shard posted:

I would love if you could pick how to sell stuff. I wanna make everyone sell an atomic drop like Rick Rude

that would be an incredible option. if they won't do that, i will also accept everyone selling the atomic drop like Rick Rude

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

that would be an incredible option. if they won't do that, i will also accept everyone selling the atomic drop like Rick Rude

Lol look at this poo poo

https://twitter.com/RickRudeSells/status/1256963206448283650

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Dacap posted:

I would love this because the other problem with the huge move lists is that they are strictly alphabetical so the same kind of moves aren't grouped together if any of them has a variant name like "reverse" or "sitout" in front

That part especially sucks cause some moves, especially Finishers, could either have a certain wrestler's name for it, a completely made up name that 2K made for it cause it's used by someone whose not in the game, or it might just be "Neckbreaker 7" and you just have to memorize which ones which.

Like, just have one option that says "Neckbreaker" and then it can open a second list that has all the Neckbreakers in it regardless of what their name is. Even if you kept the 35 thousand moves 2K has it would make it so much easier to navigate.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The option to rename moves would be sweet

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lolllllll

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I actually really like the part where you have to taunt to bring out your special moves

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

I actually really like the part where you have to taunt to bring out your special moves

thats the aki way

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/CasProWrestling/status/1562306408242155520

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I hope Fight Forever has a Long/Short entrance option. I know I'm not the only one that turns that poo poo off after the first week because it adds to the load time and take too long

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm sure you can skip them entirely but it looks like they're trying to keep them relatively short to begin with.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
All I need to know bout intros is if jericho's judas is it in or not.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That Guy Bob posted:

I'm no Johnny Licensing but I'd expect Cult, Judas, and probably Ruby Soho in the game since AEW has relationships with the bands, but maybe not Wild Thing, Chairman's Intent, or Jane.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

That Guy Bob posted:

Jericho has gone on record being mad that NJPW didn't put Judas in some show he was in, saying he would have given it to them for free if licensing was the issue.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Astro7x posted:

Jericho has gone on record being mad that NJPW didn't put Judas in some show he was in, saying he would have given it to them for free if licensing was the issue.

That's because NJPW themes slap and Judas sucks. Japan knows whats up.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm no Johnny Licensing but I'd expect Cult, Judas, and probably Ruby Soho in the game since AEW has relationships with the bands, but maybe not Wild Thing, Chairman's Intent, or Jane.

I'd bet Chairman's Intent is in. AB was apparently a huge advocate of HOOK getting it and helped negotiate with the label.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not having Jane in the game would be sad but at least Mox's first theme is enough of a banger that it wouldn't be the worst replacement.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

flashy_mcflash posted:

There’s no way a video game comes out without the champ’s music.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

I'd bet Chairman's Intent is in. AB was apparently a huge advocate of HOOK getting it and helped negotiate with the label.

Oh I didn't know that, that's pretty cool of him. I'd definitely give my CAW that theme because a lot of my CAWs end up looking like Action Bronson anyway.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CasProWrestling/status/1545305225585631234

:hellyeah:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

This is literally all i’ve ever wanted from a wrestling game.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

isn't that stuff in the gamecube wrestling games? or maybe not the ropes interaction. i don't frigging know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If it is I need to emulate, Never played em Cav