Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Carol is a landlord, has to die. Final boss confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There’s a rent notice in Asgore’s flower shop written by someone with the first initial “C.” Decent odds it’s Carol Holiday.

And Noelle definitely has repressed trauma, but I don’t think she inadvertently killed her sister or anything of that scope, mostly because that’s too grim. I figure she maybe caused a car crash or injured Asgore or something similarly bad but not fatal.

During the car segment, Queen says that she thought Noelle would be interested in hitting the cars based on her search history. So there is a non-negligable chance that Dess' death was car related which would explain her fixation. Asgore could also easily be involved, especially if that happened to be the reason why Noelle's mother fired him from the police. So it seems more likely to be Asgore's fault than anyone else's if that's what happened. That's one theory anyways.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 23, 2022

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I don't think Toby is too limited on how grim he'll go given snowgrave, but it probably won't be anything too obvious or simple.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Noelle caused the blizzard that her sister disappeared in but she can't say that she's dead though

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Noelle is going to be this game's flowey

*fade-away 3 pointer, swish*

E: oops i meant December

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 23, 2022

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

J.A.B.C. posted:

For Spec 1, she states that she doesn't know what the spell does. Also, she talks more about Desi in the Pacifist route which would point more towards missing her rather than feeling guilty.

I thought she said she didn't know the spell, yet she was still able to do it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Noelle is going to be this game's flowey

*fade-away 3 pointer, swish*

Noelle knows how to play basketball? But white deer can't jump

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
A lot of it's going to depend on if Berdly is actually a frozen nugget now, or if he's just taking an extended nap.

Killing off a character like that off for good in this way almost feels too grim, but then, well. Yeah.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm curious to see how the normal/weird routes work out over multiple chapters, like if Berdley is dead/in a coma from chapter 2 weird how would the game account for him appearing later in the normal route? Would you just be locked into the weird route, will the chapter's cast fade into the background so theres no major clashes or will there just be an insane amount of reactivity to account for every permutation of normal/weird chapters?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It's entirely possible he just won't really have nearly as much story presence in the following chapters period until maybe the very end.

What I'm interested in is how Toby intends to use the chapter select in the story. There's been some hints that and the multiple save system is going to have some twist at some point, and I really wanna know how that ends up factoring into things.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The only more obvious Christmassy name might be Mary.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Beth?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Obviously her name will be Cwanzaa

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
https://twitter.com/sousou_hsk/status/1562092177840164865

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I noticed something small that I never put together before about Noelle's theme yesterday--2/3 of the way through the song, the melody sounds like an ambulance siren.

Timestamped, but if the timestamp doesn't work skip to 0:51:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P89rxnT7lKw&t=51s

Could be a reference to seeing Rudy get taken to the hospital, or whatever happened to Dess, or both

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

A lot of it's going to depend on if Berdly is actually a frozen nugget now, or if he's just taking an extended nap.

Killing off a character like that off for good in this way almost feels too grim, but then, well. Yeah.

Keep in mind, on a "good" route where you don't properly help Berdly and he fries his arm getting the helmet off, he talks about not being able to move his arm after waking up. I'd be shocked if in both circumstances it was some coincidental/temporary damage.

Still can't help but think it's combining with Noelle wishing she had healing magic to foreshadow a dark world hospital scenario with her dad, and possibly helping him. Or honestly, anyone being "healed" in the dark world who was hurt in the real world.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Is chapter 3-5 out yet.

I need it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yes but Toby said only I get to play it

e: oh my god it's so good. I wish you could see this

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seriously though, has there been any recent update from Toby regarding the next few chapters out of curiosity?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
nothing, but reports on his progress have been generally positive

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I feel bad for that man's hands

Even just coding his game must be agonizing

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i assume that with the growth of the team, and his general awareness of how hosed up his wrist is, that he's taking proper care of it and using alternate methods to accomplish things. letting other people handle it, using voice typing, whatever

Larryb posted:

Seriously though, has there been any recent update from Toby regarding the next few chapters out of curiosity?

between the last progress update (things are going well) and the relative silence on other stuff, i'm thinkin no news is good news

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

you should know by now that there will never be “any updates”, the next chapter(s) will simply be shadow dropped when you least expect it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I just started chapter 5 and you aren't going to believe who the Knight is 🤯

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Undertale came out in 2015, Deltarune chapter 1 came out in 2018, chapter 2 came out in 2021.

Basically call me when it's 2024

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I hope Toby deliberately drops chaps 3-5 to completely derail some over-budgeted AAA title's launch. Sorry Starfield, fluffy boys are stealing your hype.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

We only got like 24 hour notice for both chapters too. First chapter was some Gaster-like tweets, second chapter has a sitcom-like play through of the first chapter with the announcement at the end.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

IUG posted:

We only got like 24 hour notice for both chapters too. First chapter was some Gaster-like tweets, second chapter has a sitcom-like play through of the first chapter with the announcement at the end.

"Wow, wasn't that a great concert? Gosh that was amazing. Anyway here's chapter 2 ok I love you bye"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

They're a total dick, Bob didn't deserve to go out like that :smith:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Knight is the explosion confirmed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o84vJH19toI

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

drat you Jerry...

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I wasn't surprised that it was Knight Knight :shrug:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ikanreed posted:

I wasn't surprised that it was Knight Knight :shrug:

In the last game you spared Knight Knight by singing a lullaby

Ralsei, your time is now

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
By the way is there an official place to buy and download the soundtrack? I like owning music, not streaming it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ikanreed posted:

By the way is there an official place to buy and download the soundtrack? I like owning music, not streaming it.

https://tobyfox.bandcamp.com/album/deltarune-chapter-1-ost
https://tobyfox.bandcamp.com/album/deltarune-chapter-2-ost

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

When we meet Dess she's going to use fire magic.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

IUG posted:

undertale 6th anniversary so we play deltarune chapter 1

for some reason

e: it occurs to me that undertale's birthday will be rolling around again in a few days, wonder if we'll get a status update or treat

Zamujasa fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 25, 2022

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Wearing my Undertale shirt today, and it reminded me that Papyrus’ blue attack is one of the best moments in gaming. All the buildup on the blue attack and how his boss music changed after that, just perfect.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

God, Undertale was great, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

IUG posted:

Wearing my Undertale shirt today, and it reminded me that Papyrus’ blue attack is one of the best moments in gaming. All the buildup on the blue attack and how his boss music changed after that, just perfect.

the colored tile maze was also an all-time great