Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The new dungeon gear is pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of the fire hula hoops from the raid and the tome gear is meh (imho). I like the crafted stuff for the most part, though I already have Crystarium weapons and it's still to expensive for my tastes.

I just want the Maiming set from the new 4-man. I've seen the entire scouting set drop in groups (and have never seen a ninja in any of them) but I'm mostly getting right side drops for Reaper.

Saw the minion once. Rolled low.

At least the music is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the island sanctuary upgrades costing the same currency you need to buy the fun cosmetic stuff stinks

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's just another way of time gating the content.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Arist posted:

Feeling a lot better about the EX after having joined two parties today that finally got me past the problem part of Phase 2, though that fight does feel like it takes a million years due to just how many phases there are. Still think that fight is really fast to expect most pug groups to clear it, but I actually get most of the fight now, and I saw enrage so hopefully I'll clear tomorrow.

while you have to read out a lot of the fight without them being mechanics you can call out and preposition it is more generous with time than you would think given how well they made it feel frantic

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Blockhouse posted:

the island sanctuary upgrades costing the same currency you need to buy the fun cosmetic stuff stinks

Yeah, my island is a bit "behind" because I had to buy the chocobo barding first thing, and that's 4000 shells. So I now have to wait for my workshops to ship a few more things before I can get a granary going.

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010

fez_machine posted:

Is there any reason why I'm unable to hand in completed spearfishing levequests at Crystartium? I'm just getting a big grey text box with cancel in it when I click the appropriate npc.

It looks like the latest patch introduced a bug with levequest turnins. I ran into the same problem and was able to work around it by cancelling all but one of my levequests.
When there was only one left, interacting with the NPC allowed me to turn it in.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/590f3d565af1490157ab3aee519567699dbc3a1c

Zetetica fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 25, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bring lots of nets, it took me 18 to catch this guy. I think I'll rename him to EXP Chain #4! next time I log in.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
New patch, new outfit. After the latest dungeon, I felt a great urge to conform to a theme before continuing and I'm now a Troian fight-dancer.

Now that my glam situation is sorted I can finally get back to playing the ga-- Oh.

"Get in, nerd. We're going Once-ler-ing."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wiping to Cerberus because nobody went into the belly has got to be a first.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I only died three times in Aglaia tonight! A new record!

And only ONE of them was being pushed off the hand!

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Blockhouse posted:

Agreed. I am also down to 52 of them and need 1500 each for the 2 remaining upgrades I can get at this sanctuary rank and I don't have high hopes that I am going to wake up to that many. On the upside, the sanctuary rank caps out at 10 and I am at 7 now, so it doesn't seem like it's going to be the biggest ask to get everything upgraded. I'd bet 2 or 3 weeks, barring a massive and arbitrary cost increase, so you don't have to wait too long to get your hands on the glams.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I got the cool Aspho chestpiece
But nothing goes with it so I just have to mog over it for now.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
yeah I agree it is cool but so many people already have it that it doesn't feel special and it's only week 1 still

I also continued my patch week tradition of totally loving up my gear prog by lotting the totally wrong bits of gear. ah well, i'll set it to the side for a backup role and be a little behind

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
See, I just roll need on everything and accept whatever I end up with. It's all an upgrade on anything, and I don't do higher-difficulty content, so I just accept whatever mess I get.

Admittedly, this does usually mean I get to kit out every job with accessories and gloves before I can piece together a single chestpiece.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Turns out that if you set the clockwork moon as one of your island base minions, it won't disspear when you hide the hud. Meaning I now have rare photographic proof of their existence!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I kinda wish my minions would go up into the tree house I built for them rather than just hanging out at the bottom of it. It's got such a great view!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Today is the day I learned Thancred has a last name
and I laughed at it

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh no. I made the main plaza of my island a minion memorial for our fallen allies and it's just making me very sad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What's the maximum number of animals you can have on the island, and if it's more than 10 when does it increase again?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

hazardousmouse posted:

Today is the day I learned Thancred has a last name
and I laughed at it

i thought that was his last name because if u look at his adventurers plate it says his first name is "this is"

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Countblanc posted:

What's the maximum number of animals you can have on the island, and if it's more than 10 when does it increase again?

When you get to rank 7

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
drat I can't min max and grind the content meant to be about relaxing and chipping away at it and also get all the rewards at the same time? Weird.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

drat I can't min max and grind the content meant to be about relaxing and chipping away at it and also get all the rewards at the same time? Weird.

Despite the stated intent It's just a bunch of numbers that go up like every other progression system. If they really wanted to make a new Downtime Relax Zone that isn't Limsa plaza or the Quit Game button they could have stripped all of that out and offered cosmetic/creative choices only.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone made a guide / listing of how to find the various rare critters on the island?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Honestly I wish you could enter separate gathering modes for each type of resource, seeing like a million nodes to click on is bordering on giving me anxiety

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Super Foul Egg posted:

Despite the stated intent It's just a bunch of numbers that go up like every other progression system. If they really wanted to make a new Downtime Relax Zone that isn't Limsa plaza or the Quit Game button they could have stripped all of that out and offered cosmetic/creative choices only.

Just because it has numbers that go up, or any other progression system, doesn't mean it can't be a relaxing and chill experience. Stardew Valley has levels, strict time limits on what you can do during an in-game day, villager friendship, the community center/warehouse and more, yet it's still a standout in chill games.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Onsai Hakair is pretty unplayable now, you either have the PLD cheese going or you're 500-1000 points behind the entire match regardless of team play. :v: Guess I'm slumming casual CC on Onsai days from now on.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

hazardousmouse posted:

oh no. I made the main plaza of my island a minion memorial for our fallen allies and it's just making me very sad

I had to take Gigi off my island. His constant grabbing his head crying to the sky "WhO aM i!?" was way too sad for me. We took him with us to get better drat it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Has anyone made a guide / listing of how to find the various rare critters on the island?

I've been referring to this. It's still not complete and has at least one mistake I'm aware of (the crab spawns 12-3pm, not am I believe) but it's mostly a good reference and he updates it frequently as the info improves

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
On the positives for island minions, I set the abystoma to wander around the beach and haven't been able to find him since. So it seems like he's living his best life.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

I've been referring to this. It's still not complete and has at least one mistake I'm aware of (the crab spawns 12-3pm, not am I believe) but it's mostly a good reference and he updates it frequently as the info improves

I can confirm first-hand that Beachcomb spawns when it's raining at midnight, though I think he stays until dawn not 3AM. Just caught him.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
What's the best crafting collectible if I need to grind out White Crafter Scrips?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
If you haven't done them yet, do your 12 weekly Custom Deliveries. That used to get you more than the cap before they raised it from 2,000 to 4,000 this patch.

If you need more after that, though, I don't have an answer and someone else will have to chime in. Personally, I'd do whatever the highest level craft I had access to that had the fewest required mid-step crafts, but I don't know if that's the best option.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Bruceski posted:

I can confirm first-hand that Beachcomb spawns when it's raining at midnight, though I think he stays until dawn not 3AM. Just caught him.

I was going off video of a streamer catching it at 2pm. After I posted I saw the person has updated to reflect that the spawn mechanic there isn't well understood, it's probably all of the above via some mysterious condition

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

CobiWann posted:

What's the best crafting collectible if I need to grind out White Crafter Scrips?
I personally went for Rarefied Syrup (level 79 Alchemist Collectible) at level 90, you get 99 White Crafter Scrips for each turn-in (at max Collectibility), you can just hit Trained Eye to maximize collectability and jam Groundwork to finish it off, AND the recipe only requires simple gathered materials, no timed/hidden nodes or intermediary crafted steps. That's probably not the only simple recipe, but I didn't exhaustively study the list, I just looked below 81 because Trained Eye only works on recipes at least 10 levels lower than your current level. The part that took me the longest was gathering since I didn't really like the market board prices I saw, but 200/200/200 didn't take me too long and that's all I needed to finish my book collection after my Custom Deliveries for the week.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

I was going off video of a streamer catching it at 2pm. After I posted I saw the person has updated to reflect that the spawn mechanic there isn't well understood, it's probably all of the above via some mysterious condition

Was it their time or Eorzea time? Every report I've heard of finding it has been at night in-game.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

CobiWann posted:

I think one of the crafting drinks is a collectible and those are usually a safe go to

A vigil for starred turn ins of yesteryear, wherein the shb syrup funded all my crafting materia needs for the expac

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

CobiWann posted:

Rarefied Chondrite Culinary Knife. Lvl 89 so they're not too hard, you can just go gather the mats since they don't take any mats from timed node, monster drops or what have you. You can get all books with 49 knives (198 scrips each at max collect) if you don't have a single scrip to your name.

Here, have a macro (try it out first in case our stats don't match): :v:

/ac Reflect <wait.3>
/ac "Waste Not II" <wait.2>
/ac Innovation <wait.2>
/ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3>
/ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
/ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
/ac Veneration <wait.2>
/ac Groundwork <wait.3>
/ac Groundwork <wait.3>
/ac "Careful Synthesis" <wait.3>
/echo Craft finished <se.1>

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Was it their time or Eorzea time? Every report I've heard of finding it has been at night in-game.

Ah you're right, it was LT, my bad. But I personally camped it on rain at midnight yesterday and it didn't spawn, so I do still think there is some kind of funny business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

What do you think rowena does with all those knives