Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

An NFL stadium chanting "YOU SICK gently caress" whenever Deshaun is on the field like the way English Soccer teams sing their team's songs would be magnificent to see. I guess they would have to censor it on the broadcast.

I hope not. Remember the bullshit chants on Sunday Night Football during the ref lockout?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYheL5dULY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Hizawk posted:

Making it so Cleveland Browns games can't be shown on TV would be hilarious.

Haven't there been obscene chants before that have gotten broadcast? I can't recall any recent NFL ones, but last season's NBA Finals featured several "gently caress you Draymond" chants from Boston that went uncensored.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’m really not sure how FFC regulations work with live sporting events but aside from Nipplegate I’m not sure they really care about much.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The FCC can't control how a public reacts at a live event. Since the broadcast is on delay they'll mute it and there's a non-zero chance they'll dub in fake stadium noise for TV audiences.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m really not sure how FFC regulations work with live sporting events but aside from Nipplegate I’m not sure they really care about much.

Considering their fine on CBS got overturned on appeal, I doubt you'd ever see one again unless it was something egregiously pre-planned by the network.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

The FCC can't control how a public reacts at a live event. Since the broadcast is on delay they'll mute it and there's a non-zero chance they'll dub in fake stadium noise for TV audiences.

Is it on that much of a delay? We’ve heard bullshit and other chants before, plus all the hot mic stuff of players, coaches, and occasionally even officials, cursing in the field and none of that really gets muted.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

fartknocker posted:

Is it on that much of a delay? We’ve heard bullshit and other chants before, plus all the hot mic stuff of players, coaches, and occasionally even officials, cursing in the field and none of that really gets muted.

I think the delay for sporting events is eleven seconds.

Edit: That might be all broadcast TV, because no network wants to air a Budd Dwyer situation.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't mind a couple more

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
"They say that 13% of athletes commit 51% of sexual assaults but our friend Deshaun took that as a challenge "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SGdK7oQK0Q&t=451s

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

The Spiders Georg of sexual assault.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yikes
https://twitter.com/PapaMace69/status/1561551079115919360

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If you wanna do that poo poo yourself fine, but don't drag your kid into it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why does that kid look like somebody shrunk a 25-year-old?

Nov 6, 2002

On that guy's now deleted Twitter it said "Father, Champion Cage Fighter, Bodyguard."

He might actually be a real world Mac from Sunny.

Also lol...

https://twitter.com/TL_LARams/status/1561700953224527872

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

GD_American posted:

Considering their fine on CBS got overturned on appeal, I doubt you'd ever see one again unless it was something egregiously pre-planned by the network.

Didn't they also discover that like 99% of complaints came from one small group of religious nutjobs?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Rootes apparently killed himself last night

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

dirty shrimp money posted:

Wow

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1561884486626852864?s=20&t=RO3OkTJfHmM5HSqaox-HsQ

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Last member of the Texans with any honor.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

HappyHippo posted:

Didn't they also discover that like 99% of complaints came from one small group of religious nutjobs?

It wouldn't shock me, that's usually how it happens

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Before I checked the date, I thought this was some sort of indirect death announcement.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

FizFashizzle posted:

Last member of the Texans with any honor.

what the gently caress dude

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1562462992490344453

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
:drat:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He hasn't assaulted one woman yet.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

He hasn't assaulted one woman yet.

They should use helmet stickers like college teams*. No boner tap during a massage gets a d&b sticker.

*or Dethklok

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hahahahhaahaha that loving rules

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

So what was the question exactly? Did Mary Kay ask “jacoby, how hard is it for you to try not to be deshaun on the field?” What does that even mean?

Edit: I guess maybe it’s a question about not changing his game to be more like this big deal guy whom he might try to emulate?

Racing Stripe fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 25, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Racing Stripe posted:

So what was the question exactly? Did Mary Kay ask “jacoby, how hard is it for you to try not to be deshaun on the field?” What does that even mean?

Edit: I guess maybe it’s a question about not changing his game to be more like this big deal guy whom he might try to emulate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Sh6IcGO3Y

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Thought it might make more sense hearing it, but it does not!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Racing Stripe posted:

Thought it might make more sense hearing it, but it does not!

She's the voice of the browns. That organization thinks Watson is superman.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would be curious about the rationale of anyone arguing that Jacoby and Watson are in any way similar as players. Jacoby has like 10 yards a game rushing and his yards per attempt passing starts with a 6. Even taking into account the talent discrepancy I wouldn't say Jacoby has the mobility or the pension for deep passing that Watson does. I would call Jacoby a poor man's Kirk Cousins way faster than I would a poor man's Deshaun Watson.

Hopefully there's more to the association than them just both being black.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

It does make me wonder what the strategy is with picking a backup. First thing, you want someone who gives you some chance of winning, I’d think. But then do you want someone whose playbook is going to overlap as much as possible with the starter, or is that not so much of a concern? Maybe you want someone with a different skill set so the other team’s prep is less suited to stopping the backup if you have to put him in. I expect this is all secondary though to trying to get a guy who doesn’t guarantee you’ll lose.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

I would be curious about the rationale of anyone arguing that Jacoby and Watson are in any way similar as players. Jacoby has like 10 yards a game rushing and his yards per attempt passing starts with a 6. Even taking into account the talent discrepancy I wouldn't say Jacoby has the mobility or the pension for deep passing that Watson does. I would call Jacoby a poor man's Kirk Cousins way faster than I would a poor man's Deshaun Watson.

It's that they're both playing for the same team this year.

Nov 6, 2002

Racing Stripe posted:

It does make me wonder what the strategy is with picking a backup. First thing, you want someone who gives you some chance of winning, I’d think. But then do you want someone whose playbook is going to overlap as much as possible with the starter, or is that not so much of a concern? Maybe you want someone with a different skill set so the other team’s prep is less suited to stopping the backup if you have to put him in. I expect this is all secondary though to trying to get a guy who doesn’t guarantee you’ll lose.

I think many teams make the mistake of getting a backup who is guaranteed to lose. Big error if you ask me.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Racing Stripe posted:

I expect this is all secondary though to trying to get a guy who doesn’t guarantee you’ll lose.

Yeah this was my thought. There's so few backups worth a poo poo (this is why they are backups) that just getting one who isn't a complete embarrassment and liability is a big win. If he happens to have the same strengths of your starter, just worse, that's a bonus. A tie breaker between two bad choices. A good coach probably adjusts the playbook to the backup rather than hoping to hit the lottery and get a solid backup who is also a good stylistic fit. But there's also only so many good coaches to go around. See: Bears running the same offense for Dalton and Fields.

The Nick Foles Super Bowl run was 1 in a million. Most of the time if your backup plays more than a game or two, you're boned. "Fellas, if 18 goes down we're hosed, and we don't practice hosed."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

any given sunday. a backup. can get. stacked up

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In general I want as a backup, if you have a:

Great QB - Random scrubs from day 3 of the draft, give them a year or two, if they develop at all? great, otherwise draft a new one. If they know your system and one's okay, but not good enough to be someone else's hope turn them into a long term backup.

Fragile Vet - Mid priced vet backup, random rookie as 3rd string guy. They need the most help to get into the playoffs, so here's where you want to spend on the Jacoby Brissetts of the world. Maybe you draft a guy on day two of the draft if you think you'll hit the lottery.

Rookie QB - Mid priced vet / washout guy to go get the poo poo kicked out of him while the rookie sits and learns.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Eifert Posting posted:

They are simply asking the backup if he can fill the starters shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

In general I want as a backup, if you have a:

The bengals professed strategy for a backup quarterback in Brandon Allen is a dude that sees the field similarly to him and can help him break down plays on the sideline. Seems kind of dumb Imo. If you want another coach why not just hire another coach? That way you don't need to put that person on the roster. Feels like the unstated thought process there is they feel they're hosed if Joe goes down so they might as well just give Joe his guy.