Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Sadly my gut doesn't notice when weed goes in so I try and get it all on the first go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
A shame

FMJ and dynapvap seems like the deal then

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Well had my first combustion last night in the dynavap

The flower got to a char, which was an unpleasant experience.

No ash so to speak, but it looked like it had been oxidised and reduced to the black gunk you find on bong glassware

Still, didn't end up smelling too rough, and deffo got everything out of the cap so learning experience :)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I usually try and get my Dynavap hits as dark brown as possible, maybe I leave a small hint of lighter brown/yellow when I dump if I don't want to eek out that last bit but I'm usually careful to make sure it never gets black. That tastes like rear end.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Waffle! posted:

My white whale is Strawberry Cough. Please tell me it's everything people say it is. The dispensary near me doesn't get any specialty strains.

Mine is, well I don't know.

I was walking along this pedestrian path that had a road designation for some reason with my buddy in Seattle when I was 16. We found about a dime of shake that had been dropped on the path, not wanting to let it go to waste we rolled added it to some cigarettes and smoked it. After that we went back to his place and put on some Electronica and stared at the ceiling, which was a massive puddle, looked like a stone thrown in a lake, that pulsed in 3D to the beat and rhythm of the music, and changed colors to the emotional tones.

I dunno wtf it was laced with, but man I'd love to do that poo poo again.

Jestery posted:

Well had my first combustion last night in the dynavap

The flower got to a char, which was an unpleasant experience.

I've combusted in my dynavap, and it basically turns into a one-hitter, and man it's rough when you're expecting vapor.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Elviscat posted:

I've combusted in my dynavap, and it basically turns into a one-hitter, and man it's rough when you're expecting vapor.

a side benefit of the vapebong is that smoke looks different and you can see it coming through the glass

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My Simrell FMJ arrives today along with some new titanium screens, gently caress yeah

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
my triple cart vape starship arrives today, 8 more hrs till I can blast off and play total warhammer

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

if i cum bust in my dynavap at this point i just clean everything out because it ruins the flavor of every session after that

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
The dynavap is so easy to clean I can't help but always go back to it

It's just like the least amount of maintenance ever, at least compared to something like my Ditanium

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Any UK goons got a recommendation for a water piece substantial enough to hold the Fury Rogue upside down without shattering or toppling over? The vape is pretty hefty and I'd like to be able to set the whole setup down when not in use.

I got my initial Sapphire appointment for anxiety/panic attacks next week so fingers crossed

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Started pouring outside, so I loaded up the dynavap. Time for some rainy day chill times:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

saw a strain named MK ultra but it was sold out and they never got it back. desperately wanted to try it based on the name alone

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Vashro posted:

my triple cart vape starship arrives today, 8 more hrs till I can blast off and play total warhammer

enjoy, this thing owns

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ngl, dynavap got me pretty lit rn.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My FMJ for my Dyna came today, gave everything a nice good clean, gonna rip some nice high quality flower after work, wootin real hard rn

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

My FMJ came yesterday as well

My expectations have been met, just being able to have 2-3 easy drags is great

I really like how much it stretches out the whole process, lovely device

Going to run it through a bong tonight methinks

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jestery posted:

My FMJ came yesterday as well

My expectations have been met, just being able to have 2-3 easy drags is great

I really like how much it stretches out the whole process, lovely device

Going to run it through a bong tonight methinks

the biggest benefit I see for bong usage it not having to move the torch at all. That alone made a $10 spend justified for me, my clumsy rear end was bound to gently caress up my bong that way

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

God Hole posted:

if i cum bust in my dynavap at this point i just clean everything out because it ruins the flavor of every session after that

Strange place to bust but I won't kink shame.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Yeah. My FMJ arrived today, AND my titanium tip and captive cap arrived today, AND I realized that I'd had my old tip set to half bowl for the last month, AND the combination of all three things has me decimated.

Folks... my flower is going to last SO long now (or I'm gonna blast my tolerance in a week, even odds).

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I think you guys just sold a Dynavap. I have an electric vaporizer but that thing kinda sucks, I have to drag off it like a motherfucker and can barely get the vape out. I can eventually get a high off of it but it takes way too long. My go-to right now is a big ceramic "peace pipe", but every now and then my throat can't take the harsh smoke even with a giant pipe.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

King Vidiot posted:

I think you guys just sold a Dynavap. I have an electric vaporizer but that thing kinda sucks, I have to drag off it like a motherfucker and can barely get the vape out. I can eventually get a high off of it but it takes way too long. My go-to right now is a big ceramic "peace pipe", but every now and then my throat can't take the harsh smoke even with a giant pipe.

a world of flavor awaits you

it's the best dry herb vaporizer I have outside of my giant desktop arizer EQ, and even with the wand in my pocket, it's very portable

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

The Modern Leper posted:

Yeah. My FMJ arrived today, AND my titanium tip and captive cap arrived today, AND I realized that I'd had my old tip set to half bowl for the last month, AND the combination of all three things has me decimated.

Folks... my flower is going to last SO long now (or I'm gonna blast my tolerance in a week, even odds).

I was talking to me weed doctor , and I'm fairly certain the medical system here has an institutional assumption that no matter what the patient says they are smoking it, prescribe accordingly

So I had a 3 monthly checkup with doc and he is super suprised that I'm using < a gram a week

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

this is why i still smoke joints, to make sure i hit my quotas

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lol doctor coaching you on from the sidelines to smoke more weed

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Status update: high (on weed)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

your lab results came back and you're THC deficient, we're gonna have to give you a serious of dabs.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

LifeSunDeath posted:

your lab results came back and you're THC deficient, we're gonna have to give you a serious of dabs.

Oh , will it hurt?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jestery posted:

Oh , will it hurt?

It hurts so good

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

LifeSunDeath posted:

Is this like a murder of crows?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I gotta say, the Dynavap+FMJ on a bong (I use the Ole Stubby) is about as good as I've seen it get for vaporizers. One day I might throw down and get an Arizer EQ, but right now it's gonna be extremely hard to dislodge my Dynavap+FMJ. I think my Fury Edge will still have a place, specifically when I'm going to be out and about for a full day and want something I can refill. But when I'm at home? Dynavap all day every day.

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep
I wasn’t happy with my dynavap for flower, but I got the coil and induction heater and this is the best for dabs now

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Is this like a murder of crows?

dabs never murdered anyone, except boredom.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Jestery posted:

Oh , will it hurt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7npWDyxB7d8

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
hey armchair doctors

i have adhd, depression, anxiety. normal brain.

my therapist and psychiatrist recommended i stopped smoking weed because "it's a depressant" and "it could do more harm than good in the long run"

i haven't smoked in 5 weeks and i feel mostly worse (the first 2 weeks were brutal, but everything is normal now). i thought if i stopped smoking i would suddenly do more with my free time, but i really don't. i just miss chillin out.

am i a bad person if i start again? i was thinking of putting some restrictions on myself to cut down usage, like not doing it during work for starters.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
If it were me, it sounds like you were given a recommendation, not a hard order, so I'd take that info back to those people, and see what they think.

It's getting a lot easier to be honest and open with doctors after I've had enough "getting older" bullshit happen lol

e. I am still very impressed with how my therapist took me discussing weed. I stumbled over it. I called it loving THC at first lmao

but I told him, it relieves my anxiety in indescribable ways, it makes me capable of functioning

and he didn't say YEAH DUDE HIT THAT poo poo, but he expressed happiness that I was doing better, and he did ask me a few questions but really just was interested in my condition as a whole.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Moderation is key

If you are describing yourself cutting back by not doing it at work I would take that as a sign to introspect on weed usage

I don't know you, and I am a dumb voice on the internet so take it with a grain of salt

I found rules lawyering the self to be a fools errand, I find just being honest and saying

"Yes I want to smoke weed right now" or I don't want to right now" is more productive than creating an incentive structure for finding loopholes

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jestery posted:

Moderation is key

If you are describing yourself cutting back by not doing it at work I would take that as a sign to introspect on weed usage

I don't know you, and I am a dumb voice on the internet so take it with a grain of salt

I found rules lawyering the self to be a fools errand, I find just being honest and saying

"Yes I want to smoke weed right now" or I don't want to right now" is more productive than creating an incentive structure for finding loopholes

excellent points

I think on this a lot. how much do I buy? do I buy too much? do I spend too much? am I this, am I that

and that anxiety is exactly what I am trying to avoid so I just load the dynavap, and if I run out of weed, I get more, and if situations demanded I cut down, I guess I'd adjust

e. Also, since a good 50% of my use is anxiety management, I think a lot "if it wasn't this, how much would anxiety meds cost me, and how much worse would they be? I know weed well enough to work on it, if I switch meds how long will it take me to adjust?"

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Oh also: The Grav STAX bong is spendy, but I just got the coil perc for mine (water one, not glycerine, *yet*) and it is just the best bong I have ever used for combustin'. I got an infinibowl for it, and I plug the second input (someday I will two bowl this sucker at a party) and let 'er go.

it has an ice pinch I've never even needed to use lol

and that bowl is A++ as well, the airflow is unreal and I can reliably kill bowls in 2-3 goes now, and I suck at bowls