Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
hmmmm
1st Gen
2nd Gen
3rd Gen
Goku
View Results

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

some finger guns and continued shooting vocal effects in the new blackpink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Yep, that is A Blackpink Song.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I’m into the new blackpink cuz of the rapping tbh. No more random edm focus either which was a direction they were heavily moving in with each single. I’m into it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uu_pkaUm4c

Now that’s a bold sample to use

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Kcon is a hoot so far. Everywhere you look there’s a group of kids doing a choreo cover perfectly and a crowd hyping them up lol. Tonight is a variety/performance from the rookie groups including Stayc and Lightsum, tomorrow and Sunday are full concerts. Mainly here for Itzy, Loona, Nmixx, and Stayc but also excited to see Stray Kids and Ateez because I know those are going to be wild.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I wish I was there to see WJSN. Saw them posting a bunch of ig photos from LA and thought they might be touring but no just that :(

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

Kcon is a hoot so far. Everywhere you look there’s a group of kids doing a choreo cover perfectly and a crowd hyping them up lol. Tonight is a variety/performance from the rookie groups including Stayc and Lightsum, tomorrow and Sunday are full concerts. Mainly here for Itzy, Loona, Nmixx, and Stayc but also excited to see Stray Kids and Ateez because I know those are going to be wild.

Are you going to ask any more idols to marry you

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

I wish I was there to see WJSN. Saw them posting a bunch of ig photos from LA and thought they might be touring but no just that :(

Our European friend was coming just for them and got stuck in Germany with passport issues. Ouch.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Are you going to ask any more idols to marry you

Don’t need to now :allears:

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 20, 2022

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Our European friend was coming just for them and got stuck in Germany with passport issues. Ouch.

Don’t need to now :allears:

I just assume you are now happily married to Baby Soul from Lovelyz

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgqD6uGBYP4

This cover alone made tonight awesome

and thats the way it was
Feb 14, 2011

This is so drat good!

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Key performed his upcoming single live yesterday. It's no Bad Love, but I dig it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-8EQ7ZyEMU

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

New Skyle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pes_X2XNokk

I'm actually sort of impressed with their overall output considering how much of a shoestring budget they appear to be working with. Nothing they've done has blown me away but its all been decent to good IMO.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

ZypherIM posted:

New Skyle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pes_X2XNokk

I'm actually sort of impressed with their overall output considering how much of a shoestring budget they appear to be working with. Nothing they've done has blown me away but its all been decent to good IMO.

The song is just fine but i love how all the members are so visually and vocally distinctive

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Well I got to fist bump and take a selfie with Haewon twice for their selfie MV, so kcon final day already ruled.

9 member Loona performing tonight though, feels bad.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o422oHfpwQk

sounds promising

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

new ive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0B7HDiY-10

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Solar and Moonbyul sub unit finally happening.

August is truly coming for my wallet.

https://twitter.com/rbw_mamamoo/status/1561729918764929026

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Definitely sounds like it was written and produced by the WJSN team. Doesn't have that same sound their first two tracks did but still really solid. Still can't get over that sample lol

Video is cool as hell too.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

is good

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

esperterra posted:

https://twitter.com/rbw_mamamoo/status/1561729918764929026

I wonder if they avoided a Sun and Moon name cause of the existing shipping, cause those seem a lot more interesting to market and design with (Sun+Moon, Sun/Moon, Sun&Moon, etc.). Or is it better to keep strong association with MMM from a marketing perspective.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://youtu.be/C5VsSb5rLVM

Gone sounds like the early standout here, I think it’s a requirement that all songs called Gone be great

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

.Z. posted:

I wonder if they avoided a Sun and Moon name cause of the existing shipping, cause those seem a lot more interesting to market and design with (Sun+Moon, Sun/Moon, Sun&Moon, etc.). Or is it better to keep strong association with MMM from a marketing perspective.

I lowkey wonder if MAMAMOO+ will be the defacto unit name. Like GOT for the SM girlies.

Moonbyul's insta post drops a MAMAMOO+MOONSUN.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEmCf_TQUKE

Oh dear

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

That’s some fast frame rate

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Ok back from Kcon and can do a writeup. Overall it was pretty great and if future lineups are as good I'd definitely return. This was a big trip for our group of friends and going with 15+ people definitely made every part more fun, but even doing some of it solo was still cool.

Day 1 was the rookies event, where Lightsum, Stayc, Cravity, and T01 alternated performing and doing games on stage. It was in a smaller convention hall on a riser stage, which made it pretty intimate for the few hundred people that were there. I was really glad I got to see Stayc there for reasons I'll touch on later. The other groups were all really good performers too and the audience was into all of the performances which was good.

Day 2 was big convention and day one of the actual arena concert. Some of our friends had the VIP level ticket which included meet and greet passes for every artist, so I was able to get an unused Itzy one from them which was awesome. The meet and greets were a little 30 minute talk and then a hi wave with the artists behind a plexiglass barrier because of Covid. I wouldn't pay the ~100 or whatever the face value was, but for free it was awesome to see the talk and interact up close. The convention part was a big hall with various booths selling stuff and handing out samples (including some great food) but the main draws were the dancing and game booths where the artists would appear throughout the day. We saw Itzy and Kep1er a few times there at various booths dancing and stuff.

The first night concert was Ateez, Cravity, Enhypen, INI, Itzy, Kep1er, and Lightsum. Ateez opened and did like a full hour, which was surprising. They were great though, started the night off with tons of energy and hyped the crowd. Their main vocalist is insane. The younger groups did a few alternating stages including Kep1er covering La Vie en Rose, which made the stadium erupt. The friend beside me was a huge Izone fan and it took her a good 30 seconds to realize what was happening lol. Was kinda emotional to see Yujin finally performing that song! Lightsum was great again, and they covered Tomboy which was a lot of fun. Yeji and Ryujin did their Choom song with the original artist Beba Rexha, which was a hit with the crowd too. We got a Stray Kids 3racha subunit song which was cool. Then Itzy came out and they just owned the stage. Such great performers and you could immediately tell the difference in experience and comfort on stage. They only did 4 songs (Sneakers, Dalla Dalla, Surf, and Wannabe) but it was definitely the highlight of the night for me. Stray Kids closed out with 4 songs as well and the crowd ate it up. They killed it too, super energetic and fun performers.

Day 2 convention I got to do another meet and greet for NMIXX and Haewon and I became besties. I don't know if it's because I'm so tall or because I was wearing a bright flowery tank top that was easy to spot, but the rest of the day at every booth and the concert she kept pointing me out, including running behind the booth they were filming the selfie MV at to fist bump me both times they filmed it and leaving the girls beside me devastated lol. They're precious, and seeing their relay dance marathon was a highlight of the day. They danced to a ton of songs over like 20 minutes or so.

We also watched Loona announce their dance contest winners that would get to dance with them on stage at the concert, which had a bunch of them breaking down in tears and sobbing on the floor lol. Loona only had 9 members at the events during the day, with Chuu not on tour at all, Choerry having health problems, and Haseul having an arm injury (she did end up performing at the concert but had a full sling on by the end). They were visibly exhausted which kinda sucked to see for them, a month straight of travel/perform with no real off days is way too much obviously. I think just this weekend they went NY-LA-Atl with only a day of travel between each.

Night 2 concert was the lineup I was more excited for, with Loona, NCTDream, NMIXX, Stayc, The Boys, T01, and WJSN. Overall though, night two was kinda down compared to the first. The Boys started and the sound was way off, with their vocals being jacked up to the point of distorting. They were good at hyping the crowd though. Stayc came out next and were electric, they did Beautiful Monster and Run2u which both had the crowd going wild. They performed just like seasoned vets, owning the stage and confident in every part of their performance. Their vocals are so good. Unfortunately, that was their entire set and they wouldn't come back out to perform again like the groups did on night 1. To1 and The Boys did some more, and I thought T01 was the most impressive of the boy groups I wasn't familiar with beforehand (only knew Ateez and Stray Kids). Then NMIXX came out and were the best of the night IMO. They did both of their songs, Seventeen's Really Nice, and a collab with Loona's Heejin and Hyunjin covering Mamamoo's Decalcomanie. All 4 of those stages owned. WJSN came out and had a sick intro with Seola by herself on stage then the other members appearing under the screen that lowered to the stage. They only did Aura at first then came back out and did Last Sequence and As You Wish, which was another highlight of the night. Was really expecting and hoping for Unnatural, but As You Wish more than made up for it. A girl beside me that was only into boy groups was really impressed by them, and the crowd chants for As You Wish were so loud and awesome to hear.

Loona did Flip That and Star then later did Paint the Town with the contest winners joining for the end of the song which was cool. Even exhausted, they were great performers and giving it their all. NCT Dream closed the show, and I expected they'd have a long set like Ateez did the first day but I think they only did 4 songs as well. The crowd went insane for them (the only time I had to cover my ears because it physically hurt) but I thought their stages were kind of lacking and the performance wasn't headliner worthy in the way that Itzy, Ateez, or Stray Kids were night 1. Stayc, NMIXX, and WJSN were the stars of the night IMO. There was supposed to be another group there on night 2 that cancelled because of covid, so you'd think the groups would have gotten to do longer sets, especially WJSN and Stayc. It almost felt like there were production issues because I saw a stage manager running around like crazy from where I was in front of the stage.

Overall it was a blast and a really cool event. The venue (Staples Center/Crypto Arena) was sick and the 360 stage worked really well with artists performing to all sides at various times. The convention part was fun to just see groups up close doing variety stuff and the meet and greets were cool but probably not worth the asking price unless it were a normal actual fansign experience. Here's some pics I got night 2 with my crappy phone camera. Speaking of which, a guy in front of me on night 2 snuck in a dslr with a 70-200 2.8 lens and I saw security swarm him from all angles and take him out lol. No idea how he got a 15 lb camera/lens through security.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 24, 2022

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
New Youha, good as always

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxep8LyhxLo

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Just holy poo poo if the rest of the album is this good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK62ntZVOSA

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Vastakaiun posted:

If the album comes with that poster, this might be the first physical k-pop album I buy... Bad time to be broke af :sweatdrop:

All three versions are killer designs but you’ll want the VHS edition

https://twitter.com/shinee/status/1562771801028976640?s=21&t=lad2DQAxGy5K7Ihac1wPqA

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
I'm willing to commit criminal acts for that VHS album version

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Uggghhhh same

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

esperterra posted:

They setup a new channel for this: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC69BwS3bTHSVsv8mrg0muqw and the song is going to feature BIG Naughty.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Vastakaiun posted:

Just holy poo poo if the rest of the album is this good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK62ntZVOSA

Absolutely no interest in English k-pop songs but this is pretty sick

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

That was from his online concert last year but I too hope the rest of the new album keeps the style of Bad Love. It fits him so well.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Key's english songs all slap. Helium is Bad Love tier for me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Ok back from Kcon and can do a writeup. Overall it was pretty great and if future lineups are as good I'd definitely return. This was a big trip for our group of friends and going with 15+ people definitely made every part more fun, but even doing some of it solo was still cool.

Day 1 was the rookies event, where Lightsum, Stayc, Cravity, and T01 alternated performing and doing games on stage. It was in a smaller convention hall on a riser stage, which made it pretty intimate for the few hundred people that were there. I was really glad I got to see Stayc there for reasons I'll touch on later. The other groups were all really good performers too and the audience was into all of the performances which was good.

Day 2 was big convention and day one of the actual arena concert. Some of our friends had the VIP level ticket which included meet and greet passes for every artist, so I was able to get an unused Itzy one from them which was awesome. The meet and greets were a little 30 minute talk and then a hi wave with the artists behind a plexiglass barrier because of Covid. I wouldn't pay the ~100 or whatever the face value was, but for free it was awesome to see the talk and interact up close. The convention part was a big hall with various booths selling stuff and handing out samples (including some great food) but the main draws were the dancing and game booths where the artists would appear throughout the day. We saw Itzy and Kep1er a few times there at various booths dancing and stuff.

The first night concert was Ateez, Cravity, Enhypen, INI, Itzy, Kep1er, and Lightsum. Ateez opened and did like a full hour, which was surprising. They were great though, started the night off with tons of energy and hyped the crowd. Their main vocalist is insane. The younger groups did a few alternating stages including Kep1er covering La Vie en Rose, which made the stadium erupt. The friend beside me was a huge Izone fan and it took her a good 30 seconds to realize what was happening lol. Was kinda emotional to see Yujin finally performing that song! Lightsum was great again, and they covered Tomboy which was a lot of fun. Yeji and Ryujin did their Choom song with the original artist Beba Rexha, which was a hit with the crowd too. We got a Stray Kids 3racha subunit song which was cool. Then Itzy came out and they just owned the stage. Such great performers and you could immediately tell the difference in experience and comfort on stage. They only did 4 songs (Sneakers, Dalla Dalla, Surf, and Wannabe) but it was definitely the highlight of the night for me. Stray Kids closed out with 4 songs as well and the crowd ate it up. They killed it too, super energetic and fun performers.

Day 2 convention I got to do another meet and greet for NMIXX and Haewon and I became besties. I don't know if it's because I'm so tall or because I was wearing a bright flowery tank top that was easy to spot, but the rest of the day at every booth and the concert she kept pointing me out, including running behind the booth they were filming the selfie MV at to fist bump me both times they filmed it and leaving the girls beside me devastated lol. They're precious, and seeing their relay dance marathon was a highlight of the day. They danced to a ton of songs over like 20 minutes or so.

We also watched Loona announce their dance contest winners that would get to dance with them on stage at the concert, which had a bunch of them breaking down in tears and sobbing on the floor lol. Loona only had 9 members at the events during the day, with Chuu not on tour at all, Choerry having health problems, and Haseul having an arm injury (she did end up performing at the concert but had a full sling on by the end). They were visibly exhausted which kinda sucked to see for them, a month straight of travel/perform with no real off days is way too much obviously. I think just this weekend they went NY-LA-Atl with only a day of travel between each.

Night 2 concert was the lineup I was more excited for, with Loona, NCTDream, NMIXX, Stayc, The Boys, T01, and WJSN. Overall though, night two was kinda down compared to the first. The Boys started and the sound was way off, with their vocals being jacked up to the point of distorting. They were good at hyping the crowd though. Stayc came out next and were electric, they did Beautiful Monster and Run2u which both had the crowd going wild. They performed just like seasoned vets, owning the stage and confident in every part of their performance. Their vocals are so good. Unfortunately, that was their entire set and they wouldn't come back out to perform again like the groups did on night 1. To1 and The Boys did some more, and I thought T01 was the most impressive of the boy groups I wasn't familiar with beforehand (only knew Ateez and Stray Kids). Then NMIXX came out and were the best of the night IMO. They did both of their songs, Seventeen's Really Nice, and a collab with Loona's Heejin and Hyunjin covering Mamamoo's Decalcomanie. All 4 of those stages owned. WJSN came out and had a sick intro with Seola by herself on stage then the other members appearing under the screen that lowered to the stage. They only did Aura at first then came back out and did Last Sequence and As You Wish, which was another highlight of the night. Was really expecting and hoping for Unnatural, but As You Wish more than made up for it. A girl beside me that was only into boy groups was really impressed by them, and the crowd chants for As You Wish were so loud and awesome to hear.

Loona did Flip That and Star then later did Paint the Town with the contest winners joining for the end of the song which was cool. Even exhausted, they were great performers and giving it their all. NCT Dream closed the show, and I expected they'd have a long set like Ateez did the first day but I think they only did 4 songs as well. The crowd went insane for them (the only time I had to cover my ears because it physically hurt) but I thought their stages were kind of lacking and the performance wasn't headliner worthy in the way that Itzy, Ateez, or Stray Kids were night 1. Stayc, NMIXX, and WJSN were the stars of the night IMO. There was supposed to be another group there on night 2 that cancelled because of covid, so you'd think the groups would have gotten to do longer sets, especially WJSN and Stayc. It almost felt like there were production issues because I saw a stage manager running around like crazy from where I was in front of the stage.

Overall it was a blast and a really cool event. The venue (Staples Center/Crypto Arena) was sick and the 360 stage worked really well with artists performing to all sides at various times. The convention part was fun to just see groups up close doing variety stuff and the meet and greets were cool but probably not worth the asking price unless it were a normal actual fansign experience. Here's some pics I got night 2 with my crappy phone camera. Speaking of which, a guy in front of me on night 2 snuck in a dslr with a 70-200 2.8 lens and I saw security swarm him from all angles and take him out lol. No idea how he got a 15 lb camera/lens through security.

Yesssss nice that sounds like a lot of fun

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

WJSN came out and had a sick intro with Seola by herself on stage then the other members appearing under the screen that lowered to the stage.
Seola’s voice is so unreal I want to hear it live. But I would’ve probably been a tad disappointed to not hear one WJSN song I really like.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in the new video mina has a pink chrome gun for shooting.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6jqx9kZgPM

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Talk that Talk is great, just really really great :D