Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
That ayahuasca is kicking in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jack Heflin is making the 53.

https://twitter.com/packers/status/1562983833737347072

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I just figured out who Aaron Rodgers looks like now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQiSgWGAc24

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Edward Mass posted:

I just figured out who Aaron Rodgers looks like now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQiSgWGAc24

Now that's a video I haven't seen in a long time.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Love has looked improve he just needs more practice with the deep-ish ball. His reads are much better for the most part. But he still won't make more progress without week after week in game reps.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Abugadu posted:

Wisconsin: America’s Ireland

When I read the comments on my hometown news facebook page it seems more like Wisconsin is America's Nazi Germany

I left Wisconsin 14 years ago and it feels like things have gotten so much worse since I left

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 26, 2022

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Yeah I can believe it's getting worse. There are a lot of Wisconsinites in Minnesota and virtually every one I've met in the last couple years has brought up the fact that all the young/liberal/educated people they know have been leaving in droves, that they could never move back, that their hometowns are unrecognizable now, etc. This has all been unprompted and within a few minutes of us meeting for the first time. Not necessarily saying their impression is objectively true but it's definitely a pattern of attitudes being expressed.

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 26, 2022

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Whooping Crabs posted:

When I read the comments on my hometown news facebook page it seems more like Wisconsin is America's Nazi Germany

I left Wisconsin 14 years ago and it feels like things have gotten so much worse since I left

:same:, except 16 years ago.

I was just in Pewaukee over the weekend, too. Nothing but Michel and Johnson signs. :barf:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:same:, except 16 years ago.

I was just in Pewaukee over the weekend, too. Nothing but Michel and Johnson signs. :barf:

That's how that area has been forever. The author of the Patriot Act, Jim Sensenbrenner, is the district's congressperson.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Abernathy looked good as well, that game’s score is reversed if he doesn’t get blatantly held on the Chiefs’ last TD.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Yeah, I grew up in Waukesha, tough to say that it’s gotten worse when it’s always been the deep red groin of the state.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Dan Campbell had a player-run practice, where coaches were not participating for the day.

gently caress yeah Dan, expirement!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I mostly grew up on the near Illinois side of the border and still have a soft spot for Wisconsin but ya it’s rough these days. I’d defend the upper midwest for its great public universities, under appreciated progressive/labor tradition, ignored natural beauty, a(n) (un)healthy drinking tradition, etc, but a lot of that is crumbling. Chicago’s great at least still

go dan campbell

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Edit: Holy fuckin’ poo poo

Gonz fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 26, 2022

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Not that Minnesota is a place of peace and tranquility as we all well know, but I think you can kind of see what happens when you get more Republican governance vs Democrat governance. Minnesota and Wisconsin are perfect test cases as they’re similar demographics, similar size population, and many other similarities.

I feel like Scott Walker was particularly bad. He immediately gutted collective bargaining. The whole Foxconn thing was a farce. And on his way out hosed over the incoming governor by gutting the ability for the new admin to do its job.

Walz is not perfect. But his opponent in Minnesota literally just compared covid policies to Nazi Germany. The wrong people in charge can really shape the tenor of the state.

Apologies for the derail. Needless to say rooting against Scott Walker being happy is a bonus as a Vikings fan. Also gently caress Matt Birk who is the Lt. governor running with Jensen who said that Nazi poo poo.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Gonz posted:

Edit: Holy fuckin’ poo poo

I'm glad it's here to remind us about the other Jay Cutler.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Checking in from the outer ring Twin Cities suburbs but crossing the river to work in small town Wisconsin. Probably would be as bad in small town Minnesota, but people are not shy with their bad opinions here. "They" are coming to take our guns any second. Also a whole lot of time worrying about what's happening in Minneapolis.

soggybagel posted:

Also gently caress Matt Birk who is the Lt. governor running with Jensen who said that Nazi poo poo.

The Defector newsletter email had a good write-up of Birk. I hoped his involvement in MN politics would end with the op-ed about how gay marriage wouldn't ruin his marriage, but it would ruin marriage for the next generation. I've never seen a Lt. Governor candidate represented so much in the campaigning. The most recent is billboards with their glamor shots that just say things like "Fight inflation" or "Lower gas prices".

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Abugadu posted:

Yeah, I grew up in Waukesha, tough to say that it’s gotten worse when it’s always been the deep red groin of the state.

Yeah same (but Waukesha county and not the city). Left the area after highschool and only return to visit my folks.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's so weird potentially having not only one but two very good middle linebackers after the past... 2 decades?

https://twitter.com/Peter_Bukowski/status/1563158756950568962

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Checking in from the outer ring Twin Cities suburbs but crossing the river to work in small town Wisconsin. Probably would be as bad in small town Minnesota, but people are not shy with their bad opinions here. "They" are coming to take our guns any second. Also a whole lot of time worrying about what's happening in Minneapolis.

The Defector newsletter email had a good write-up of Birk. I hoped his involvement in MN politics would end with the op-ed about how gay marriage wouldn't ruin his marriage, but it would ruin marriage for the next generation. I've never seen a Lt. Governor candidate represented so much in the campaigning. The most recent is billboards with their glamor shots that just say things like "Fight inflation" or "Lower gas prices".

Yeah I live out of state but was visiting my grandma who lives in rural south eastern Minnesota and drove by a few homes on the way that had an insane amount of signs. Like whole sides of barns with Trump stuff and a self made billboard with a picture of Biden and Harris on it that said Dumb and Dumber. Big sign that you could read from the highway that said "ALL BLACK RIFLES LIVES MATTER" with a picture of a AR-15.

And yeah, I cannot remember a LT. governor ever appearing in campaign images/ads/pr stuff as Birk.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Great and I live in Green Bay and there's an unprecedented amount of 'Vote for Democrats, they vote for us!' signs up around town can we stuff it with this poo poo?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Big Beef City posted:

Great and I live in Green Bay and there's an unprecedented amount of 'Vote for Democrats, they vote for us!' signs up around town can we stuff it with this poo poo?

I just think its interesting that Matt Birk has captured the hearts and minds of the state!

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Every rural area in this country if a loving poo poo hole. State don't matter.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Yates posted:

Every area in this country if a loving poo poo hole. State don't matter.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

I live in WI and I think we are pretty much the same state we've always been, people are just louder about it and the internet has rotted many brains, like everywhere.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1563651641781456899

Justin lives.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

it's time once again for the Aaron Rodgers shut the gently caress up challenge

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

oshuaj posted:

it's time once again for the Aaron Rodgers shut the gently caress up challenge

Wait what happened

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Rodgers was on Joe Rogan comparing vaccine mandate to the Holocaust

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Goddammit shut up Aaron gently caress

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/BadgerNoonan/status/1563666141985251328

https://twitter.com/BadgerNoonan/status/1563666143201697811

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Goddammit just retire and go the gently caress away.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Him being this lovely just makes each loss worse.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/QuincyAvery/status/1563683170255605760

lol Justin's QB coach.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Man, Justin Fields is gonna be so loving good.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bears are gonna look good week one, pull off a win against a San Francisco team with an inexperienced QB, get everyone's hopes up going into the Green Bay game and get absolutely annihilated. As fate intended

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A bears kicker has just hit the post.
A chill of panic just spread across Chicago.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Anticipating that the Vikings will grab Ariza, given their affection for child predators from this draft class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Bears are taking the north.

Rest of the NFCN in the dust.

3-0 baybee