Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yah it was fun for a short burst altho I can’t seem to block/counter for the life of me.

Also in Death Stranding gently caress those MULE dudes! Even more annoying than the BTs.

I realized the mission where I have to jack something from their mailbox would be a lot easier if I didn’t also have packages on me because I think they ignore you if you are packageless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hand carried packages are a ohko on mules and rip through bosses when thrown

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

O poo poo finally a reason to hand carry!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Seriously just puts a mule down from medium range

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Snake, try to remember the basics of UPS

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did I miss something or did theyvmake a mistake flagging Bloodstained as free with Gold?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Did I miss something or did theyvmake a mistake flagging Bloodstained as free with Gold?

installing: View in your queue.

Update: works. And it unlocked a bunch of special modes which I don't know anything about (speed run, boss something) but it works.

otter fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 24, 2022

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Every time I go to Target I do a casual check to see if they have Series X's or PS5s. Today they had the Series X Fridge in the series x spot and after having a minor freak out I still almost bought the thing.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

otter posted:

installing: View in your queue.

Update: works. And it unlocked a bunch of special modes which I don't know anything about (speed run, boss something) but it works.

The extra modes were a free update to the game a while back I think.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

joylessdivision posted:

The extra modes were a free update to the game a while back I think.

and now they are a free update to a free game.
xbox stays winning.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Huxley posted:

Other than Turtles/Overcooked, what are some good 4-player Game Pass couch games? Not necessarily co-op, but kid friendly?

Viva Pinata if they're old enough to help you plan your Pinata Garden/willing to play pass the controller. Is Streets of Rage still on there? That one was a blast. Fuzion Frenzy if they don't mind old graphics.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I introduced my gf to couch co-op stardew valley on gamepass and I basically haven’t got to play another video game since

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh man.

That's rule #2 after "don't ask questions you really don't want the answers to".

Maybe you can introduce her to DOOM by showing her some of the crossover art? That way she at least might let you have a shot at playing.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

There's some kind of an Xbox show about to start from Gamescom.

https://twitch.tv/xbox

edit: Oh, it's gonna go on for hours, so dunno if any of it is worth watching. Here's the schedule in CEST

Zat fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 25, 2022

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I could see there being some small announcements like upcoming Game Pass games being part of the show but I wouldn't expect anything more than that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Announce Goldeneye!!!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

New blog post says it's a free weekend for Gold.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Fartington Butts posted:

Every time I go to Target I do a casual check to see if they have Series X's or PS5s. Today they had the Series X Fridge in the series x spot and after having a minor freak out I still almost bought the thing.

Succumb to the Series S (Unless you have a One X already).

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

It is Ropekid time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xbox stays winning
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1562874812401299458

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Is there a USB dongle I can buy to get a 8BitDo Pro 2 working on a Series S?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Not officially because control devices need a security chip and thus need to be licensed by Microsoft. That said, there used to be a dongle that can spoof the security that is probably still available somewhere.

EDIT: Looks like it's Cronus and some of the knock offs.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 25, 2022

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Lower the price to 250/450, Microsoft. This is literally the best moment. You’re being handed the generation on the plate.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Obviously they need to go the route of 2000s cell phone providers and give the consoles away for free with 5 year Gamepass contract.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lifespan posted:

Not officially because control devices need a security chip and thus need to be licensed by Microsoft. That said, there used to be a dongle that can spoof the security that is probably still available somewhere.

EDIT: Looks like it's Cronus and some of the knock offs.

On the other side from the knockoff controllers, I was looking for a wireless dongle for my PC because I wanted to use the newer controllers (I have a 360 era dongle) and even bought an elite 2, but they're impossible to find. However Amazon is chock full of extremely sketchy knockoffs which I think are actually just bluetooth dongles with xbox stamped on the side, lol.

Ended up getting a controller + dongle combo, and it works great.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

Obviously they need to go the route of 2000s cell phone providers and give the consoles away for free with 5 year Gamepass contract.

They technically already do this.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

priznat posted:

On the other side from the knockoff controllers, I was looking for a wireless dongle for my PC because I wanted to use the newer controllers (I have a 360 era dongle) and even bought an elite 2, but they're impossible to find. However Amazon is chock full of extremely sketchy knockoffs which I think are actually just bluetooth dongles with xbox stamped on the side, lol.

Ended up getting a controller + dongle combo, and it works great.

On PC it's wide open and yeah, as soon as they added bluetooth to Xbox controllers, manufacturers just stamped that logo on every cheap BT dongle they have made for years and called it an Xbox dongle.

On console it is locked down, so BT dongle can only be used for headsets. You either need a licensed wireless device or a hack.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Zurtilik posted:

It exists: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lifespan posted:

On PC it's wide open and yeah, as soon as they added bluetooth to Xbox controllers, manufacturers just stamped that logo on every cheap BT dongle they have made for years and called it an Xbox dongle.

On console it is locked down, so BT dongle can only be used for headsets. You either need a licensed wireless device or a hack.

It's pretty shady, I'm fairly tech savvy and I *almost* bought one of those before going "waitaminit*. Amazon will even allow vendors to have a picture of the official one and people report getting the BT only one. I already have BT on my pc I just wanted the dongle for better latency for my ~high speed gaming~ (I am going to try to become a controller FPS guy even if it kills me!!)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fartington Butts posted:

I got the fridge but will return it. I never thought I’d say this but it’s an Xbox that’s too small. Then again, lack of internal storage is par for the course…

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

I got the fridge but will return it. I never thought I’d say this but it’s an Xbox that’s too small. Then again, lack of internal storage is par for the course…

Its dumb as hell that its not both a working xbox and a fridge

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
it's like that KFC promo where they invented a fake gaming console that had an air fryer in the bottom compartment and i was like.....yeah motherfuckers i do want that, why is this a joke to you

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

barnold posted:

it's like that KFC promo where they invented a fake gaming console that had an air fryer in the bottom compartment and i was like.....yeah motherfuckers i do want that, why is this a joke to you

Its real tho

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was going to say, this is already a thing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's funny that the fridge is both cheaper and seemingly readily available

Thankfully there's occasionally X's out and about now

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
According to the Xbox store's top paid game list, Saint's Row is the #4 selling game on Xbox(Madden X1, Madden SXS, GTAV, and Far Cry 6 ahead of it.). Soul Hackers 2 is just under three hours old at this point, but it will be interesting to see where it places tomorrow.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's funny that the fridge is both cheaper and seemingly readily available

Thankfully there's occasionally X's out and about now

Microsoft is also refurbishing returned ones and selling those fairly cheap. That's how I got mine. All I'm saying is, keep an eye on the Microsoft store too.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Microsoft is also refurbishing returned ones and selling those fairly cheap. That's how I got mine. All I'm saying is, keep an eye on the Microsoft store too.

I actually already did. I might still hang onto the S as well though, given how crazy the economy is

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

So, Midnight Fight Express. It's a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Strong rumors going around that Amazon is acquiring EA and will formally announce today.