Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Volcott posted:

Is there any way to figure out the hex code for the shade of amber the pipboy in new vegas uses?

Bright (Hud)
#feb340
254 179 64

Dark (text)
#a9803c
169 128 60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Volcott posted:

Is there any way to figure out the hex code for the shade of amber the pipboy in new vegas uses?

255-182-66, straight from the NV ini

You might have to tweak green and blue a little depending on your monitor calibration.

E: fb That's what I get for not reloading, lol

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Thank you both. I knew SA would have the goods when it came to NV.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I spent a lot of build effort and legendary rolls trying to make the Hellstorm launcher not suck and well, it just refuses :negative:

just use a missile launcher (Bunker Buster or a decent legendary) and it's better in every way.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Same. I've rolled maybe 25-30 3 star mods and only gotten 2 unyielding pieces so far :negative:

MonikaTSarn
May 23, 2005

Has anybody else very slow quick travel times ? Sometimes it never seems to end. The weird thing is, when I open the taskmanager with ctrl-alt-del, the game suddenly loads.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
No issues here.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love when I forget to switch my build and I go to fight a Colossus in power armor in my general adventuring loadout. I guess thats better than using my crafting build.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

twistedmentat posted:

I love when I forget to switch my build and I go to fight a Colossus in power armor in my general adventuring loadout. I guess thats better than using my crafting build.

Lmao

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Why are people not using the drums during Meat Week? Does no one actually know that you start filling the cook out meter when you beat them during the 2 minute countdown before the event actually starts?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Sensenmann posted:

Why are people not using the drums during Meat Week? Does no one actually know that you start filling the cook out meter when you beat them during the 2 minute countdown before the event actually starts?

I always play the drums then use the downtime to pack up my vape idgi

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Sensenmann posted:

people don't know to share perk cards, I don't think it's surprising people don't know all the specific details of individual event mechanics.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Fair enough. The amount of high levels who share gently caress all is weird considering how most low levels share a perk card and even change them when someone else already shares the same they do.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Flesh Forge posted:

people don't know to share perk cards, I don't think it's surprising people don't know all the specific details of individual event mechanics.

Shared perks are unequipped when you use a punch card machine, so if you want to use that particular QoL improvement to avoid having to go through three menus with any regularity then you'll still have to go through three menus if you want to be a good team player.

Wild how something built on a shoddy foundation is still shoddy after major renovations, huh?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Virgin multiload vault dweller

Vs

Chad single load vault dweller

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

nobody but me ever goes to get the ore during radiation rumble and its kind of annoying

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Flesh Forge posted:

people don't know to share perk cards

I had to google to find out what this even meant.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

it's not even your fault, most of the mechanics are obscure as gently caress and you have no basis to deduce them.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

juggalo baby coffin posted:

nobody but me ever goes to get the ore during radiation rumble and its kind of annoying

For a long time that was the better strategy since getting enough ore ended the event early.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I prefer collecting ore and dumping it all early on to attract higher XP mobs.

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land

Presto posted:

I had to google to find out what this even meant.

:same:

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I'm really not sure how you can not notice the "T) Share" at the bottom. If you hit it and you don't have enough charisma the game even tells you how it works.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Honestly, I stopped looking at the bottom of the screen long ago. And these days I would assume it meant "Share your build on Facebook for your friends!" or some poo poo.

Also, does it tell you what sharing actually does or does it just say how much CHA you need?

Presto fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 26, 2022

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Presto posted:

And these days I would assume it meant "Share your build on Facebook for your friends!" or some poo poo.

come on dude.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Presto posted:

Honestly, I stopped looking at the bottom of the screen long ago. And these days I would assume it meant "Share your build on Facebook for your friends!" or some poo poo.

Also, does it tell you what sharing actually does or does it just say how much CHA you need?

no it does not tell you what it does. don't feel bad for missing a word at the bottom of a screen that gates a crucial team mechanic, that's not particularly your fault.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

i flunked out posted:

come on dude.

Sorry, blame social media. As soon as I see "share" I immediately think it's some gimmick to get you to another site. I am old and cynical.

Flesh Forge posted:

no it does not tell you what it does. don't feel bad for missing a word at the bottom of a screen that gates a crucial team mechanic, that's not particularly your fault.

I guess the other reason that I've never noticed it is that I've literally never joined a team.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I bet you never got mutated either

e: here is something really stupid that you would probably never deduce in-game: the benefits being in a team apply even if team members aren't near you, so you just join any random team or make one, and as long as at least one other person is in the team anywhere in the world, that warm feeling of not being alone will enable things like Herd Mentality and Strange in Numbers etc. Also the various team bonuses like extra experience for Events or whatever.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 26, 2022

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

Strange in Numbers etc.

strange in numbers never says anything about distance, why would you assume that you have to be nearby your teammates for that to work?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Why would any reasonable person assume it would work that way? Completely counter intuitive

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
I have a VM setup just to have an alt with 15cha share rank 5 adrenaline (or gunsmith) with empathy mutation for that sweet -33% damage taken. Freeing up 5 perk points is also very nice that I can build my main around this.

Just park the alt at camp and reap the benefits. Just gotta remember to keep it from afk disconnecting, but that's easy. Having an alt is also amazing for muling and getting extra caps daily. I find I've got more than enough loot for us both.

Pubbies that fill the last two slots on my team are pretty surprised

I even tried having my son's character as well by running two VMs plus my main but I found that having a 2nd alt with another rank 5 shared perk wasn't needed.

It was pretty interesting to see how the Pepper Shaker was with all the heavy gunner and shotgunner perks by having these shared. With three others sharing r3 strength perk cards (+9) you can basically have 24pts worth of perk cards, which let's you do +60% heavy gun dmg, +60%shotgun dmg and+30% reload speed, with 3 points for blocker plus some other shotgun perks, good times,

Slayerjerman fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 27, 2022

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Flesh Forge posted:

I bet you never got mutated either

I did, but I got rid of it. I ain't no mutant. :colbert:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I can understand that if you're super into RP but wow are you missing out on the more pleasant version of the game. Marsupial + Bird Bones lets you do all sorts of John Woo style "headshot 3 dudes while leaping" bullshit. Being able to jump onto high places really changes the game, in a good way. Plus all the other less-dramatic straight numerical buffs all the other mutations offer.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Is there much reason to come back to the game if the core loop wore off on me? Last I played was when the second part of the Brotherhood quest dropped but I didn't even finish the first part. I'm like level 300 or something and have end-game bloodied stuff, but this was before power amour became legendary. I never tried the custom worlds mode. Or is it just basically the same?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

no

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Is there much reason to come back to the game if the core loop wore off on me? Last I played was when the second part of the Brotherhood quest dropped but I didn't even finish the first part. I'm like level 300 or something and have end-game bloodied stuff, but this was before power amour became legendary. I never tried the custom worlds mode. Or is it just basically the same?

Come back the 13th and give it a go

Tagaziel
Aug 28, 2022

Ce n'est pas un chat.

Flesh Forge posted:

Marsupial + Bird Bones lets you do all sorts of John Woo style "headshot 3 dudes while leaping" bullshit. Being able to jump onto high places really changes the game, in a good way.

The bad part is that you start to get used to it, and on a new character (eg. to get the Steam achievements), you start jumping in place. Or worse, muscle memory follows you to other places, like ESO.

On coming back to the game, until Expeditions drop later in the year, unless you have FOMO and/or like unlocking stuff for that little happiness molecule kick, the game doesn't have a whole lot to offer. I pretty much offloaded it to my Steam Deck and only turn it on while Seasons are active (or have to check something for the wiki).

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah what I have learned is that there isn't any reason not to get mutated very early, just slot class freak/strange in numbers/starched genes and get on a team. the only really big deal imo is herbivore vs. carnivore, if you get the wrong one then clean up and drink more dirty water :shrug:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Flesh Forge posted:

I can understand that if you're super into RP but wow are you missing out on the more pleasant version of the game. Marsupial + Bird Bones lets you do all sorts of John Woo style "headshot 3 dudes while leaping" bullshit. Being able to jump onto high places really changes the game, in a good way. Plus all the other less-dramatic straight numerical buffs all the other mutations offer.
Every character I play ends up being a sniper anyway (not just in Fallout), so I just shoot things in the head from a mile away,, and if they don't die, I hide until they stop looking, and then I shoot them in the head again.

Tagaziel
Aug 28, 2022

Ce n'est pas un chat.

Presto posted:

Every character I play ends up being a sniper anyway (not just in Fallout), so I just shoot things in the head from a mile away,, and if they don't die, I hide until they stop looking, and then I shoot them in the head again.

Sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, the legendary flamethrower with all heavy gun perks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah the flamethrower is the most busted sneak attack weapon ever imagined, you should try it.
e: this is another of those things that you can get into early, as soon as you acquire the chinese stealth suit via the main quest you can do pretty much any sneak oriented build and make it work