Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Also I'm the only person in the world that cares about this but I'm sad that the new expeditions didn't increase the dispatch number and also Sumeru doesn't also have ore to farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Inazuma didnt have ore expeditions either. It's a little weird to be honest, it's not like getting four more mystic ores a day is gamebreaking.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 25, 2022

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Sumeru expeditions seem pretty worthless overall, honestly. Nice for cooking but otherwise there's not much point to them.

They need to add leveling up materials to them or something at this point. Even the ore or mora doesn't seem terribly rewarding, even if it adds up.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
For those lotus hunters, there's also a dude on the path near the village where you meet tig and collei who will give you 4 of them. I think his name was Amir?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Inazuma didnt have ore expeditions either. It's a little weird to be honest, it's not like getting four more mystic ores a day is gamebreaking.

I wasn't thrilled about that part either, don't worry! I still don't even have 400 of Inazuma's ore to my name. (After making an R5 Anenoma and one of all the other weapons)

Stare-Out posted:

The Sumeru expeditions seem pretty worthless overall, honestly. Nice for cooking but otherwise there's not much point to them.

They need to add leveling up materials to them or something at this point. Even the ore or mora doesn't seem terribly rewarding, even if it adds up.

I wouldn't mind them being added to enemy drop tables too, tbh. It'd be nice to be reminded that you're not the only person aside from the one or two NPCs selling them that cares about the local specialties.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Stare-Out posted:

The ore expeditions basically are weapon XP. At least, that's what I use them for: a very lazy way of forging 20 weapon XP crystals per week for the battle pass.

And yeah, it made more of a difference that there wasn't an expedition for the special Inazuma ore: Sumeru uses the old stuff and anyone with an older account has tons of that stuff lying around.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Incoherence posted:

I've been running around with Raiden/Yelan/Dendro Traveler/Sayu since 3/4 of those were already on my friendship squad, which creates Many Numbers, but I'm not sure if there's a better healer option than Sayu there (Proto Amber Sucrose? Burn my guaranteed banner 5* on Kokomi?). Bennett kinda doesn't work since he'd pop Dendro MC's burst. XQ instead of Yelan would work but I'm trying not to cannibalize my other teams.

fyi benny only pops the burst if you go dendro mc burst -> benny burst. if you go benny burst -> dendro mc burst he doesnt pop it even with his burst still on the ground

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The important thing is that dendro MC's burst only reacts once, kinda like anemo MC's tornado's elemental absorption.

So as soon as it touches hydro or electro you're fine and it will never get popped.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Realistically, are they ever going to do anything about Bennett's C6? Like, allowing us to turn constellations on/off or something? How many people have the loving red exclamation mark now?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
most people just level it up and don't think about it
it got way overdramatized in terms of how "bad" it is.
turns out it only really matters in like one team (Eula, who doesn't even use Bennett that frequently)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

If they add characters in the future you might want to have a toggle for they would probably go back and fix it, but no way they put in the work for that to support just one character that it isn't a big deal for.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I've noticed that all my daily commissions are in Monstadt. I used to get them in other locations too, but maybe a recent patch changed that, is there a way I can get commissions in other areas too?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I've noticed that all my daily commissions are in Monstadt. I used to get them in other locations too, but maybe a recent patch changed that, is there a way I can get commissions in other areas too?

go to your journal and go to your commissions page, you can set where to get them or make it random

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

why does Katheryne sounds EVEN MORE robotic in Sumeru...

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Endorph posted:

fyi benny only pops the burst if you go dendro mc burst -> benny burst. if you go benny burst -> dendro mc burst he doesnt pop it even with his burst still on the ground
I somehow didn't realize until now that Bennett's burst field doesn't do tick damage (it's just a hit on initial cast).

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

finally got done unlocking requests/bounties for Sumeru

Ugh. At least now I can take it easy and just spend my resin daily while I gradually get the rest of the exploration done

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

frajaq posted:

_________________ :allears: ________________

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Incoherence posted:

I somehow didn't realize until now that Bennett's burst field doesn't do tick damage (it's just a hit on initial cast).
it gives everyone standing in it a pyro aura which is why stuff like sunfire jean works, but yeah it doesnt do any pyro damage to enemies or objects or anything

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
My herd is growing:

Unfortunately the baby boarshrooms appear to just run into the fence continuously. Also unfortunately, sumpter beasts are not capturable.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Pretty pleased with how my Tighnari's shaping up. Even underleveled, barely any talent investment, and great-but-not-ideal artifacts, he's pulling his weight exploring Sumeru. I rarely need to have Raiden come in and lay the smackdown. Albedo's even packing the Dendro set at +0, so his damage has a ways to go.

https://i.imgur.com/kUJ83wE.mp4

I only think he needs one thing to be great, and that's to not be hard countered by tight spaces. Killing Eremites in tents is a nightmare.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Apparently there's some lotuses not marked on the interactive map. Pushed me just enough to do A4 + 2 extra without having that one village unlocked or stealing some in co-op.

Ah thanks for this, I've been trying to mark any I find. Removing a lot of my old artifact markers since I never really farm 1/2* artifacts anyways.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm glad I have 2 more patches until the archon cause I still need time to hard pity after this

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
I got started on the Rana quest, which takes forever, so I got tired of being held in suspense and read spoilers for the Archon Quest, and man it sure is :catstare:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
What stats should I focus on for Dendro traveler? I mostly just blindly follow the spreadsheet but they don't have a dendro section yet for obvious reasons.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

x1o posted:

What stats should I focus on for Dendro traveler? I mostly just blindly follow the spreadsheet but they don't have a dendro section yet for obvious reasons.

:v: Mine's still using the geo setup, including a geo goblet. Works fine.

I did briefly look at the talents, seems like your general atk/dendro/crit should be fine?

It's nice the Rana quest keeps giving you the option to walk off and do something else. I happily took the hint when I noticed she was gonna keep dragging me around the south/west and I had to go north for the main storyline. Eventually I'll be able to do commissions in sumeru, I'm sure.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

x1o posted:

ER/EM sands, Dendro DMG goblet, Crit Rate/Crit DMG circlet. Mostly focus on ER substats. You want about 240%. They basically demand an ER weapon. Fav or Sac preferably, but they can get away with the Sumeru craftable.

Don't bother with ATK sands, they get way more out of EM.

In terms of what set, Instructor is really good if you want a budget option, deepwood memories is BiS if you feel like farming it. Noblesse is fine as a budget 5* option. Emblem is a trap option, they don't do enough damage themselves to make it worth it.

Also, you really only have to bother leveling their burst.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 26, 2022

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Yea anyone thinking of doing the Rana quest before continuing the Archon quest know that I’ve been doing it for 10 hours and still in part two of from what I understand is a four part quest.

Granted the last two might be considerably shorter, and some things probably took me a bit longer than others. But I’d say 10 hours is about the minimum you’re looking at to fully complete it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

I only think he needs one thing to be great, and that's to not be hard countered by tight spaces. Killing Eremites in tents is a nightmare.

Oh no, it's the Ningguang burst problem all over again

It's not just tight spaces, if an enemy is up close against a wall the homing projectiles will often try and circle around behind them and end up hitting the wall instead of the perfectly exposed juicy target right there. It can even happen in domains if you have enough knockback to push enemies off into the corner.

x1o posted:

Depends on team comp. If you're doing a quicken team Dendro MC should have a healthy amount of EM alongside still having a dendro goblet & crit hat, since both the dendro and electro get to do EM-scaling reaction damage there. (And quicken reactions do benefit from crit and all that stuff, but not attack). In that case you can also do the new gilded dreams set.

In a bloom/hyperbloom/burgeon team bloomine's EM won't matter. IDK how good the damage scaling on DMC's talents are but you would probably just go for atk/dendro/crit or ER/dendro/crit artifacts with like... EoSF? Or if the damage is crap just go for Noblesse instead.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 26, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

(sound on)
https://i.imgur.com/gCYKKlY.mp4

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

frajaq posted:

She always says stuff like ERROR or Rebooting... in Mondstadt at least in my game :psylon:

More will be revealed after a painfully long quest that will not acquaint you to the city or it's people in any way, just dialogue. All dialogue.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sanctum posted:

She always says stuff like ERROR or Rebooting... in Mondstadt at least in my game :psylon:

More will be revealed after a painfully long quest that will not acquaint you to the city or it's people in any way, just dialogue. All dialogue.

The exploration is not good enough if you are bothered by the archon quest this much

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Tae posted:

The exploration is not good enough if you are bothered by the archon quest this much
After groundhog day imeru city I still don't know squat about the culture of the city or it's people and that's my criticism.

Was it all a dog's daydream? Is solipsism real? :devil: I like sumeru but hell doesn't have to be real

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

How do you get a shriveled starshroom? I tried every element on them and only pyro and electro do anything.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Wooh, material reset day :toot:

All I've done is go from 69/70 to 80/80 and +1 to T1 (5/1/2 currently), and I'm already seeing massive improvement

https://i.imgur.com/uQxU2yC.mp4

I do wish there were more opportunities with multiple big guys to practice tag teaming with Raiden.

https://i.imgur.com/5j15tfL.mp4

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

gandlethorpe posted:

Wooh, material reset day :toot:

How are you equipping Tigh? Didnt expect to get him but got super lucky, so I'm a few days behind on mats and artifacts.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

valuum posted:

How are you equipping Tigh? Didnt expect to get him but got super lucky, so I'm a few days behind on mats and artifacts.

This is what I have right now. Pretty much threw together some of my best Wanderer's pieces I had lying around, and in lieu of a Dendro goblet my best EM goblet.

It took a year, but my investment in a meme EM Lavawalker set finally paid off! Honestly don't even know if I'll ever get a suitable Dendro goblet to replace it.

gandlethorpe posted:

https://i.imgur.com/80syVxH.mp4

Maybe someday I won't regret spending resources on this

Kale
May 14, 2010

They really nailed the peaceful small hospice village vibe with the suite for Gandharva Ville suite. If all the music for Sumeru is this impressionable it's going to be a solid year of exploration. It's pretty wild this is the first time Yu-Peng Chen has ever composed music for a video game. The music in the game has always been great but the last couple permanent suites in Chasm and Sumeru that have been released really take the cake.

Also I love that with Collei they've got this whole sickly girl story with her built up since the manga and all the poo poo that's happened to her since of the kind that tends to really resonate with the anime otaku crowd, made her super cutesy and quirky albeit troubled in her character interactions such that it hits all the right notes and then just made her the entry level 4 star for the region and are just giving a C0 of her away with the event. Another notch in how this game is strangely unoptimized for potential revenue despite how much it still pulls in anyway. The biggest one to me though is still the general lack of costumes. Like somebody suggested once, throw Zhongli in a tux, or something or IMO have a Raiden Shogun summer theme costume, but either they don't want to take that path with the game or want to hold on to cards like that for a potential future event.

e: Why is there suddenly a surge of Ningguang fanart even though she hasn't appeared in game since her hangout in 2.4? Is it her birthday? *Checks twitter* Yup.....

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 26, 2022

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021
After experimenting with how to integrate Dendro Traveller into my team compositions, I've been having fun rolling over enemies with on-field Sayu supported by Fischl & Dendro Traveller (+ currently Kazuha for utility and VV resistance shred, since I recently put Sayu on Ocean-Hued Clam due to how often I use the two together). The addition of Quicken/Aggravate seems to have really helped Sayu's and Fischl's damage output, and it doesn't feel weaker than my go-to overworld team of Ayaka/Albedo/Sayu/Kazuha (though damage-wise, both are overkill there).

Will have to try a variation of it in the Abyss once I've finished building Dendro Traveller.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kale posted:

Also I love that with Collei they've got this whole sickly girl story with her built up since the manga and all the poo poo that's happened to her since of the kind that tends to really resonate with the anime otaku crowd, made her super cutesy and quirky albeit troubled in her character interactions such that it hits all the right notes and then just made her the entry level 4 star for the region and are just giving a C0 of her away with the event. Another notch in how this game is strangely unoptimized for potential revenue despite how much it still pulls in anyway. The biggest one to me though is still the general lack of costumes. Like somebody suggested once, throw Zhongli in a tux, or something or IMO have a Raiden Shogun summer theme costume, but either they don't want to take that path with the game or want to hold on to cards like that for a potential future event.
In that scene where Ayaka offers to have some clothes made for you, there was a fraction of a second where I thought they might actually give me an alternate outfit for the Traveller. FF14 has set my expectations too high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Now that they fixed movement skills from being stopped by pebbles, can they make Albedo-vator work more than 5% of the time? Also, make it work 0% of the time in combat because that poo poo's annoying, idc if anyone has his C4.