Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1563231385569341446

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Gavin McInnis may have gotten arrested? Nothing confirmed yet but he got pulled off his live show earlier

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1563163512611819523

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

Gavin McInnis may have gotten arrested? Nothing confirmed yet but he got pulled off his live show earlier

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1563163512611819523

It is confirmed:

https://twitter.com/JoshDenny/status/1563049040241049601

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
The replies just lead to more questions :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/Paulmd199/status/1563058945694269441?s=20&t=BVkvbn_bQfgQemW1SYPRTw

There's a 3 post thread if you click into the replies where they post some articles pertaining to the proud boys and their alleged affiliations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

biden then went on to mock trumps magical declassification theories

https://twitter.com/josh_wingrove/status/1563228233109188610?s=20&t=9ROZ2nMFFDJvixVxXDV8ug

he's feeling spicy today

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I like this Joe Biden. Where has he been hiding out for the past year and a half?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

biden then went on to mock trumps magical declassification theories

https://twitter.com/josh_wingrove/status/1563228233109188610?s=20&t=9ROZ2nMFFDJvixVxXDV8ug

he's feeling spicy today

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1563230723313913856

Biden feels way more charismatic lately. I guess he is high on success.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Biden, like Obama, has reached a point where he's fed up with Republicans. Unlike Obama, he has a bare minimum majority and the possibility to hold onto the trifecta.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Gee I have no idea why biden is behaving more active in the 2.5 months before a major election where his party is projected to lose it's majority.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Velocity Raptor posted:

The replies just lead to more questions :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/Paulmd199/status/1563058945694269441?s=20&t=BVkvbn_bQfgQemW1SYPRTw

There's a 3 post thread if you click into the replies where they post some articles pertaining to the proud boys and their alleged affiliations.

If this is tied to the Ionov indictment, that’s huge.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Randalor posted:

I like this Joe Biden. Where has he been hiding out for the past year and a half?

Perhaps internal polling is showing this is connecting and he really has nothing to lose based on the projections for the midterms?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

Gee I have no idea why biden is behaving more active in the 2.5 months before a major election where his party is projected to lose it's majority.

So was he capable of being more active earlier but just chose not to for purely electoral reasons?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Judgy Fucker posted:

So was he capable of being more active earlier but just chose not to for purely electoral reasons?

Probably?

I don't think the idea of Biden being a lovely person is me breaking any new ground in this thread.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 26, 2022

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Judgy Fucker posted:

he's always been like this with reporters

he hasn't been running the DOJ investigation, so that timeline isn't in his hands, and he postponed the student loan thing while working on the climate bill with manchin

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Judgy Fucker posted:

If waiting to do poo poo till right before the election so people remember it all when they're voting wins the election, well, I mean, then he's done good poo poo and maybe won an election also so maybe he can then keep it up

Guess we'll see

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If waiting to do poo poo till right before the election so people remember it all when they're voting wins the election, well, I mean, then he's done good poo poo and maybe won an election also so maybe he can then keep it up

Guess we'll see

Yeah I mean, I know how this is "supposed" to work. Americans have short attention spans, Congressional elections are fixed in time, it's electorally best to hand out the goods 3 months before election day so people can answer "What have you done for me lately?" on their own. It's just a lovely way to govern and I perhaps misjudged what I took to be flippancy about that on Jaxyon's part, my apologies.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Guess we'll see

After all, the people getting loan forgiveness had those loans paused already while Biden was pushing to get a congressional solution rather than an executive order. When he didn't get the first, he did the second.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Randalor posted:

Optimus Joe Unleashed, who refers to MAGA Republicans as semi-fascists, delivering the blistering, nuclear own we've all been waiting for.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Part of the reason the FBI was terrified about Trump leaving those 700 pages of documents laying around in a closet is that they had multiple instances of cases like this one:

Where a 33-year old Ukrainian-born woman with a Russian passport infiltrated Trump's inner circle at Mar-a-Lago by claiming to be "Anna De Rothschild" a minor relative of the De Rothschild banking family. She was also wanted in Canada for fraud, potential espionage, and other financial crimes. She frequented Mar-a-Lago and was not subject to background checks or traditional security measures.

When the FBI arrested her, she had two fake passports (from the US and Canada), a real Russian passport, a real Ukrainian passport, a fake U.S. driver's license, and a fake Canadian driver's license.

The U.S. won't say whether she is being investigated for espionage or not, but they did say she was part of a global criminal network of people who were getting close access to wealthy people and politicians.

This woman also made her way into the inner circles of Senator Lindsey Graham, Former Missouri Governor Eric Greitens, a Russian billionaire, a Miami CEO, the heads of several major U.S.-based charities, Donald Trump Jr.’s fiancee, Kimberly Guilfoyle, major Trump donor Richard Kofoed, the rapper Ray J, and Italian car designer Horacio Pagani using different fake identities.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1563179881411686406

She's a Ukrainian from Illinois lol

"Tens of thousands of Russian speaking immigrants are pouring into Europe after Putin directives, they have special visas giving them residency!"

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Judgy Fucker posted:

Yeah I mean, I know how this is "supposed" to work. Americans have short attention spans, Congressional elections are fixed in time, it's electorally best to hand out the goods 3 months before election day so people can answer "What have you done for me lately?" on their own. It's just a lovely way to govern and I perhaps misjudged what I took to be flippancy about that on Jaxyon's part, my apologies.

I appreciate that, but did you perhaps imagine there was a substantial contingent of biden-likers in this thread? I can assure you that is unlikely to be the case.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Randalor posted:

Now that there isn't anything else on the legislative agenda until after the midterms, he doesn't have anything immediate to lose by pissing off Manchin or Sinema, both of whom can be expected to oppose him going hard against the GOP and to respond by blocking bills out of spite.

Of course, pissing them off now could be a potential problem after the midterms. But if the Dems gain two seats and both of them are occupied by non-assholes, then he doesn't have to care about those two anymore. And if the Dems lose seats, then those two won't matter anymore either.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

Now that there isn't anything else on the legislative agenda until after the midterms, he doesn't have anything immediate to lose by pissing off Manchin or Sinema, both of whom can be expected to oppose him going hard against the GOP and to respond by blocking bills out of spite.

Of course, pissing them off now could be a potential problem after the midterms. But if the Dems gain two seats and both of them are occupied by non-assholes, then he doesn't have to care about those two anymore. And if the Dems lose seats, then those two won't matter anymore either.

Without the House, a lot of major legislation like voting rights and codifying Roe is out. They'll keep fundraising and running on it, though.

Confirmations can continue but what else? More investigations into Trump and the like, but it's been too long at this point qmd there wasn't enough support to do it 8 months after.

On the flip side, a republican House is going to start it's own investigations of Biden, his son, various democrats, politicization of the DoJ + FBI and "election fraud."

For the midterms and 2024, democrats have to compete with not only gerrymandering and heavier voter suppression but also new election laws in many states being put into practice.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I still don't understand how Manchin and Sinema wouldn't exercise the basic self-preservation move of making a one-time filibuster exception for Voting Rights.

Well, maybe Manchin knows he's toast no matter what, but Sinema apparently believes she's a lifer, so you'd think she'd see the weirdos running for election-governing positions in Arizona and adjust accordingly.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Eric Cantonese posted:

I still don't understand how Manchin and Sinema wouldn't exercise the basic self-preservation move of making a one-time filibuster exception for Voting Rights.

Well, maybe Manchin knows he's toast no matter what, but Sinema apparently believes she's a lifer, so you'd think she'd see the weirdos running for election-governing positions in Arizona and adjust accordingly.

sinema has some amount of very good political instincts - she went from a green party member to a senator from a traditionally red state - that appear to have been entirely lost in some sort of traumatic head injury that has caused her to believe doing the stupidest most self-damaging thing possible will make her president

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Main Paineframe posted:

Manchin has been notably silent on Biden's recent actions even as he is getting stupid bad-faith "hey we thought you were on our side man" articles about him from right-wing pundits. My thinking is that McConnell overplayed his hand with Manchin since McConnell's whole deal of "get absolutely nothing done ever" fundamentally clashes with Manchin's "get some things done that help me, personally". Also the Dobbs decision really fucks Manchin and other "centrists" in both parties over. Manchin is simultaneously pro-choice and pro-life depending on the crowd he is speaking to and taking an actual stand on the issue risks him losing part of his electorate.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

I think when the reporter said he could not confirm the story he was looking for more then a failed stand-up assuring us he has "just got off the phone with our people".

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

evilweasel posted:

sinema has some amount of very good political instincts - she went from a green party member to a senator from a traditionally red state - that appear to have been entirely lost in some sort of traumatic head injury that has caused her to believe doing the stupidest most self-damaging thing possible will make her president

It all depends on whether people care enough about her to primary her in 2024. Biden made noises to that effect to pressure her, and her primary voters were mad enough that she wouldn't pull through, but two years is a long time in politics.

EDIT: Going by this article, she's consistently down with dems the same as she was six months ago.

https://coppercourier.com/story/poll-arizona-kyrsten-sinema/

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Morrow posted:

It all depends on whether people care enough about her to primary her in 2024. Biden made noises to that effect to pressure her, and her primary voters were mad enough that she wouldn't pull through, but two years is a long time in politics.

EDIT: Going by this article, she's consistently down with dems the same as she was six months ago.

people absolutely care, and most importantly there are people who would very much like to be a senator who will run against her because its the best chance any of them will ever have to get a senate seat. they don't need Biden to ask them to do it.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Morrow posted:

I'd be shocked if no one challenged her. Representative Gallego is already suggesting that he's going to challenge her.

Kalit fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 26, 2022

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
This might be a better question for another thread, but I've always wondered how much the recent influx of people into Arizona has changed the landscape since the pandemic. If you're moving from California to Arizona, are you just slightly less GOP-inclined? Are you really that likely to be left-leaning?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Part of the reason the FBI was terrified about Trump leaving those 700 pages of documents laying around in a closet is that they had multiple instances of cases like this one:

Where a 33-year old Ukrainian-born woman with a Russian passport infiltrated Trump's inner circle at Mar-a-Lago by claiming to be "Anna De Rothschild" a minor relative of the De Rothschild banking family. She was also wanted in Canada for fraud, potential espionage, and other financial crimes. She frequented Mar-a-Lago and was not subject to background checks or traditional security measures.

When the FBI arrested her, she had two fake passports (from the US and Canada), a real Russian passport, a real Ukrainian passport, a fake U.S. driver's license, and a fake Canadian driver's license.

The U.S. won't say whether she is being investigated for espionage or not, but they did say she was part of a global criminal network of people who were getting close access to wealthy people and politicians.

This woman also made her way into the inner circles of Senator Lindsey Graham, Former Missouri Governor Eric Greitens, a Russian billionaire, a Miami CEO, the heads of several major U.S.-based charities, Donald Trump Jr.’s fiancee, Kimberly Guilfoyle, major Trump donor Richard Kofoed, the rapper Ray J, and Italian car designer Horacio Pagani using different fake identities.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1563179881411686406

Just isolating two passages:

quote:

Ms. Yashchyshyn said in sworn statements in a legal dispute that she has never used another name and has not broken any laws. In an interview with the Post-Gazette, she said she didn’t know Anna de Rothschild.

“I think there is some misunderstanding,” she said.

She said that she was meeting with FBI agents on Aug. 19 and that passports or driver’s licenses generated with the Rothschild name and her photo were fabricated by her former business partner to harm her. “That’s all fake, and nothing happened,” she said.

quote:

Mr. Lawrence said he became acquainted with her because he was involved in a music company — Rothschild Media Label, where she was the president — to promote singers, including Mr. Tarasenko’s teenage daughter.

:thunk:

I'm beginning to think advanced spy craft is just lying brazenly and daring anyone to call you on it.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Veryslightlymad posted:

Just isolating two passages:

:thunk:

I'm beginning to think advanced spy craft is just lying brazenly and daring anyone to call you on it.

Worked for Frank Abagnale and he wasn't even a spy, just a fraudster. Being a spy seems to fall under the 'be a really good conman' umbrella.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
I'm amazed to find out anything that Black Hammer does or gets involved in, especially after their colorado commune land grift poo poo, but will be triply interested in anything that gets dished about their connection to, apparently, Gavin McInnes being blacksited spontaneously during a liveshow

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I love how he catches himself before he says the words "Jewish Space Lasers", because it's just too ridiculous to actually say out loud.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I love this because you just know MTG is probably mad af that Biden didn't recall her name

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Sekhmnet posted:

Worked for Frank Abagnale and he wasn't even a spy, just a fraudster. Being a spy seems to fall under the 'be a really good conman' umbrella.

This is exactly what this is, wasn't there a person who claimed to be a Rockefeller who ended up murdering someone too?

Much like Trump, she's a con-artist, not a spy. The only "Russia connection" is that she is literally the child of Ukrainian immigrants.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Pretty wild that BoJo met with the Russian speaking leader of the very close to Russia country of Ukraine and also favored Brexit, probably a Putinist op right?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

nine-gear crow posted:

I love how he catches himself before he says the words "Jewish Space Lasers", because it's just too ridiculous to actually say out loud.

robbed of a new thread title

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

robbed of a new thread title

So close :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I know a Rothschild that uses a different last name for everything as people started threatening her lol and is really distantly related to the actual Rothschilds.