Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Mr. Lobe posted:

This rules, it's like the Japanese equivalent of those experimental, out-there animations sesame street used to do

I believe there's like 3(?) other episodes, not all of which are on YT. One of them is about global warming? But the worst is the one that tries to give the backstory for the werewolf, in that he's actually a regular wolf who falls in love with a girl after she frees him from a trap, so he howls at the moon a bunch and the moon turns him into a wolf-man so he can go meet the girl - but when he does it turns out she wears a crescent moon pendant which turns him back into a wolf and scares her off again. So he goes back to the wolf pack and forgets all about it and is happy again, and meets a female wolf, and then in the last five seconds of the animation it turns out he can't be with the female wolf either because he turns back into a wolfman when he's with her. I'm not sure what the moral there is other than that the moon is an rear end in a top hat and/or that you shouldn't wish for your position to be any different than it actually is and who knows why they'd want to teach that to Japanese kids oh wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btVGz294X0w

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

lol

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

hyphz posted:

I think this song used for children to learn group 2 verbs really shows the intricacies of rhyme schemes possible in Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgSkYQijDxs

i think i seen that fucker on jojos bizarre adventure

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

simplefish posted:

i think i seen that fucker on jojos bizarre adventure

He had the worst stand. It only kills you

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

Those ru-ru-ru-ruled.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Lots of poetry traditions don't use end rhymes or just use them very occasionally for effect. Modern day Westerners are just so used to them many people think rhyming is what defines something as a poem.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

For those of you who are curious, here are some articles with pictures.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

hyphz posted:

I think this song used for children to learn group 2 verbs really shows the intricacies of rhyme schemes possible in Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgSkYQijDxs

Mr. Lobe posted:

This rules, it's like the Japanese equivalent of those experimental, out-there animations sesame street used to do

This るーるs!

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Aug 28, 2022

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Touru, it's been a week!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Oh no, he's losing his hearing already! :(

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

For those of you who are curious, here are some articles with pictures.

It's weird to me an adult would really care about this. Like sure your gut instinct might be "why would you eat that" but it's not like dogs or cats or whatever are somehow more sacred than cows, pigs, or chickens. Heck I've known people with pet chickens and they can be fun to hold and pet, I've hung out with cows at local fairs and such and seen them with their heads in the lap of the farmer's kid, behaving exactly like a giant dog. You'd think somewhere in the process of wondering why another culture/country would eat this or that animal you'd consider the animals you yourself eat and either go vegetarian or accept meat is meat.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

ArbitraryC posted:

It's weird to me an adult would really care about this. Like sure your gut instinct might be "why would you eat that" but it's not like dogs or cats or whatever are somehow more sacred than cows, pigs, or chickens. Heck I've known people with pet chickens and they can be fun to hold and pet, I've hung out with cows at local fairs and such and seen them with their heads in the lap of the farmer's kid, behaving exactly like a giant dog. You'd think somewhere in the process of wondering why another culture/country would eat this or that animal you'd consider the animals you yourself eat and either go vegetarian or accept meat is meat.

Prepare for 10 pages repeating what you just said so concisely.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

ArbitraryC posted:

A lot of people have never actually thought through the implications of the things they do, and when something forces the matter they'd rather get defensive/Weird about it(which is safe, if you're already doing what's culturally acceptable) than actually do the thinking(which may involve them turning into Tohru as they spend 20 comics mulling it over having an uncomfortable realization or two).

Food kicks this into overdrive because it's something everyone has to deal with, it has a lot of cultural & emotional baggage attached, and a lot of modern people are pretty disconnected from where their food actually comes from. There's a reason some people take it weirdly personally when someone makes different dietary choices than them, even when it's something mundane like simply not liking beef or chocolate.

Just be thankful he's not eating dad's salami again, NEETmom.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Hopefully shifting gear now from religion to illegal dog meat.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

this is going to end up with oda convincing neet to find secret dog meat, for his manga

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
"I'd like one McGangBang, substitute the beef patties for illegal dog meat, please"

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wagging beef

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
I love how the criminal arc has become the equivalent of one of those kids' write-in shows:

"Tohru, go hire a psychic for my manga."
"Tohru, go join a cult for my manga."
"Tohru, go eat dog meat for my manga."

hyphz fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 26, 2022

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Kin Sake
Jun 19, 2022

Abandon responsibilities
Return to NEET

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

I mean, it's an improvement over what you were doing at 29

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

worse. art

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Hmm, the snack pack has a pic of a little girl with her legs spread stuffing salami into her wide open maw.

How very Japanese

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

lmao I thought it may have been several years since NEET is looking so much older, but it's likely been like a year at most

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

BigBadSteve posted:

Hmm, the snack pack has a pic of a little girl with her legs spread stuffing salami into her wide open maw.

How very Japanese

I'm glad someone else noticed how.. off.. that is. I assumed it was a parody of some actual snack packaging but I have no idea what it might be (other than that it's "Sa-chan's Salami" in the original)

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

End of Page 111

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

lmao oda is the best

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Oh nice I wasn't expecting a dog eating arc.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lol

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Oda wasn't pissed because he ate dog, he was pissed because someone managed to deceive him

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

BattleMaster posted:

lmao oda is the best

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Told you he's got a taste for it now.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
this panel has so much potential :allears:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
birds do it
bees do it
even educated fleas do it
let's do it
let's eat a dog

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

this was a good post, thanks

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

Oda wasn't pissed because he ate dog, he was pissed because someone managed to deceive him

Maybe he was pissed off because the guy who invited him to dinner at the secret-dog-menu-item restaurant was too cheap to shout Oda seconds, after Oda discovered he loved the taste.