Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Cavauro posted:

isn't that stuff in the gamecube wrestling games? or maybe not the ropes interaction. i don't frigging know

Not like in those videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh I didn't know that, that's pretty cool of him. I'd definitely give my CAW that theme because a lot of my CAWs end up looking like Action Bronson anyway.

The entrances are only 3 second clips.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't know

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jubs posted:

The entrances are only 3 second clips.

That was the in-development footage, I’m curious if they’ll have more extensive entrances in the finished game. I’d assume so, with the option to do short entrances.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
I like getting drunk and yelling like a backwater bumpkin at ai vs ai matches, which 2k has completely dropped the ball on. (A wrestler with resilience has a stupidly huge advantage over one that has anything else)
Also entire lists of positional finishers that the AI wont ever use, HIAC finishers dont even work manually, (cpu never even tries going up there), never interacting with anything backstage.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i'm turning entrances off asap

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd like for a mainstream medium to large budget 3d wrestling game to have good exits that last 30 seconds to 3 minutes. maybe if njpw ever gets a modern game. you need good exits there

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Maybe I dreamt it but I thought you could control your pyro as you came down?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want to be able to put my head over the pyro cannons. the pyro shooters, while they go off. and with my mouth and eyes wide open. It's a video game, not real life.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I liked that one Smackdown where you could beat people up after the match by holdig down certain buttons. So unecessary. Of course, MDickie was the innovater

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

Maybe I dreamt it but I thought you could control your pyro as you came down?

Yeah they said there was gonna be a button you could press that would set off pyro on command

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ganso Bomb posted:

That was the in-development footage, I’m curious if they’ll have more extensive entrances in the finished game. I’d assume so, with the option to do short entrances.

According to IGN that's just how it is.

https://www.ign.com/articles/aew-fight-forever-a-much-needed-alternative-to-the-mainstream-gamescom-2022

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I'm going to hold out on the entrances being shorten just for gamescom since you see the broom cheerleaders behind Kenny in the short entrance and it wouldn't make sense to animate or create them at all if the entrances are just 10 seconds long, in the final game.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

lmfao :xd:

the fact that twitter account exists brings me joy

so many of the gifs are sting related, someone should pay tribute and take an atomic drop like the ravishing one

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Miching Mallecho posted:

I'm going to hold out on the entrances being shorten just for gamescom since you see the broom cheerleaders behind Kenny in the short entrance and it wouldn't make sense to animate or create them at all if the entrances are just 10 seconds long, in the final game.

I might be misremembering but I think in the AEW Gamescom stream the producer they had said that entrance length would be an option between long/fast

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Miching Mallecho posted:

On the live stream someone asked about entrances and the answer from the THQ rep was very non-commital and kinda dodging the question.
So who knows?

Personally I don't care much about entrances but I know some of my e-fed friends will be very sad if you can't have elaborate entrances that are longer than the match. The Bobby Roode lowering platform and alternate Nakamura entrances own, though, especially if you combine them.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

if I can't have my cleaner babes be fat janitors, I am docking a star from my rating.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I'll play it in the Tokyo Dome to balance that out

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I dunno, this article seems based on the build they played which was the in-dev version at Gamescom. Entrances don’t make or break anything for me but I’d prefer the option to have short or long ones.

Either way, gonna be real stoked to play this game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

From Fightful:

quote:

Forever The Removed.....from the AEW game.

Well, maybe not forever. However, Fightful Select was able to confirm that Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler are not slated to be a part of the first version of the AEW Fight Forever game as of this moment.

Sources connected to the game that we heard from wouldn't confirm how far into the game FTR were still included, but Fightful first gained word earlier this summer. It was stated that they at least made it to the "model phase" of the game, however. We're told that FTR were informed of the call, and weren't too happy about it, as being involved in video games usually also comes with a significant bonus. We're told that they were originally set to be included in the game, but by Spring of 2022, had been removed.

Fightful spoke to Kenny Omega about the game in June, who noted they were hoping to release the game in 2022.

how tf do you not have FTR in this game??? they've been in the company for ever at this point.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

From Fightful:

how tf do you not have FTR in this game??? they've been in the company for ever at this point.

DLC.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that's not a great sign if such long-term members of the roster are being removed from the game so they can be sold separately later

either way, it's a bit of a slap in the face to the second most important team in the company and doesn't show a lot of gratitude for how hard they've been busting their rear end since they arrived

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Barry Bluejeans posted:

that's not a great sign if such long-term members of the roster are being removed from the game so they can be sold separately later

either way, it's a bit of a slap in the face to the second most important team in the company and doesn't show a lot of gratitude for how hard they've been busting their rear end since they arrived

Had to make room for the late add of the Trust Busters.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
When they said "limited roster" I figured that meant "don't expect the jobbers we're probably not renewing like Kiss/Sabian/etc" (both names that have since at least temporarily left that list) not fuckin FTR

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Senerio posted:

When they said "limited roster" I figured that meant "don't expect the jobbers we're probably not renewing like Kiss/Sabian/etc" (both names that have since at least temporarily left that list) not fuckin FTR

It could be that there needed to be additional negotiations on their royalties that made them miss the cutoff but they could be DLC later?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

If the game's got CAW sharing worth a drat, this should be largely irrelevant within a week anyhow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

If the game's got CAW sharing worth a drat, this should be largely irrelevant within a week anyhow.

They still wouldn't get the royalty pay you get from being included in the game+its sales, as Fightful mentioned

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Kenny hates FTR and removed them personally.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I'm guessing they'll probably be DLC. If they really plan on supporting this game for a while they kinda have to.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 28, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

good news

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
very funny that FTR would be removed from the game but special guest from TJPW Yuka Sakazaki is in the game, though i guess thats to pad out the relatively thin womens roster.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

They have a ton of women wrestlers, tho.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Dax's shiny head was impossible to render to Kenny's satisfaction

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Trying posted:

Dax's shiny head was impossible to render to Kenny's satisfaction

"Sorry Dax, they said they used all the bloom in the PS3 era and there's nothing left"
"Can't you just fake it?"
"They tried, it wasn't good enough, Sorry man, you're not in the game."

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

They have a ton of women wrestlers, tho.

15 womens wrestlers (that have been there since the game was in development) is not enough women to most people that play these games

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you’re only allowed to wrestle one women’s match per copy of the game so 15 is overkill if anything

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Funny that Paul Wight is already a playable character at Gamescom but FTR is DLC, should be the other way around.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I 100% would rather play as No More BS in a video game rather than FTR. FTR aren’t really “video game wrestlers” if that makes sense, the best things about them are things that couldn’t translate. now video game JR talking about Paul’s carcinogenic, frying pan hands? now that’s badass

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Paulter Wight can take the place of FTR in the tag team division on his own as well, for the booking mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

I 100% would rather play as No More BS in a video game rather than FTR. FTR aren’t really “video game wrestlers” if that makes sense, the best things about them are things that couldn’t translate. now video game JR talking about Paul’s carcinogenic, frying pan hands? now that’s badass

I agree with this but I am hoping to get FTR's theme in there at least.