Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I've had some freakishly good luck with my blue wishes over the past few days, including my very first 5-star character and weapon: Qiqi and a Skyward Atlas. A Cryo healer turns out to be a great addition to my team, so I've already started developing Qiqi, but I don't really know what to do with the Atlas. The only catalyst-liker I've been using is Barbara, who it doesn't seem suited for. Apart from her, I have Lisa, Sucrose and Heizou. Are any of them worth taking a second look at now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Heizou can certainly be built as a damage-focused punchman. You could also build up Lisa, she's not really as good but she has some new life comboing together with dendro chars for quicken reactions.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
hm, first good artifact drop in like 3 months

Just need a char who wants HP sands on set to exist, or a gob/head emblem piece that don't blow for Yelan or drop. Although the atk is unfortunate for her

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
The F2P sumeru party for world puzzles is Yanfei/Dendro MC/Fischl/Barbara if you don't want to swap characters constantly.

c6 Fischl + 0 DPS Barbara is obscenely good. Make sure both have some EM and use barbara as your main field DPS. Try it with a dendro.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know where I read that Collei's event quest gives you a free one really quick. They must've skipped all the lead up involved.

All these Sumeru names are just going to make Candace stick out even more to me once I get her.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I finally started doing some archon quests and Tighnari is so fantastic. The amount of times he just flips between being a nice dude to wanting to slap idiots off his treehouse is amazing.

"Come to Sumeru City."
"Did you even loving read my letter? Get out of my house."

:allears:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Heizou can certainly be built as a damage-focused punchman. You could also build up Lisa, she's not really as good but she has some new life comboing together with dendro chars for quicken reactions.
I am interested in Heizou. I've been using the Anemo Traveller as my main attacker, and it seems like he could pretty easily slot in for her against bosses and anything else her Burst is useless against? If I'm not wildly mistaken? I only got him very recently and haven't had much of a chance to try him out yet.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know where I read that Collei's event quest gives you a free one really quick. They must've skipped all the lead up involved.

All these Sumeru names are just going to make Candace stick out even more to me once I get her.

Probably me, reading a thing from reddit. What the guy on reddit neglected to mention was that it's real quick, if you use the quickstart and ignore the bit of the archeon quest you're meant to do first. She does join you pretty quick once you get back from seeing the craftsmen at the port, I guess.

Sanctum posted:

The F2P sumeru party for world puzzles is Yanfei/Dendro MC/Fischl/Barbara if you don't want to swap characters constantly.

c6 Fischl + 0 DPS Barbara is obscenely good. Make sure both have some EM and use barbara as your main field DPS. Try it with a dendro.

My favorite barbara party so far's been barbara/raiden/anyone who gives atk spd+ (I just got the jean constellation that does this). Makes her rather sad damage (even dps-ish-built) go nice and speedy, until you run into a hydro/electro specter.

For wandering around I've been using DendMC/Qiqi/Fischl/Noelle. Noelle's just sorta there because I like her, there's no real need for mining and qiqi's got healing and smacking things around covered.

For solving puzzles I've basically had to go all archers with fischl/yelan/amber/collei. Basically anything that requires the dendo missle things requires an archer (besides the withering zones), so this is just easier. But that's only doable because 3/4 of those guys are somewhat reasonably built, and I just need to make sure poor collei doesn't get murdered while I wander around looking for mushrooms.

Incidentally, I didn't find a tutorial for it, so what are those little floating green lantern things that show up in/after clearing withering zones? They don't seem to do anything for me besides vanish.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

I am interested in Heizou. I've been using the Anemo Traveller as my main attacker, and it seems like he could pretty easily slot in for her against bosses and anything else her Burst is useless against? If I'm not wildly mistaken? I only got him very recently and haven't had much of a chance to try him out yet.
if you want to use an anemo character as your main dps heizou will wildly outshine anemo traveler, even against things her burst works on. the only thing hed have issue is is with anything anemo immune but thats basically just anemo slimes and spectres

the basic idea for main dps heizou is pair him with a bunch of hydro and electro characters that work off field and then hell just swirl everything they do and theyll handle the aoe with how the electricity bounces when they do electro-charged. build him for elemental mastery and he'll do good damage on that kind of team. skyward atlas is also probably his best in slot weapon, so thats a great pull.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Well that's a loving flower

Was not expecting to get one of my best pieces ever building a Dendro support Albedo

Edit: lmao, the whole set turned out way better than it had any right to

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 27, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

if you want to use an anemo character as your main dps heizou will wildly outshine anemo traveler, even against things her burst works on. the only thing hed have issue is is with anything anemo immune but thats basically just anemo slimes and spectres

the basic idea for main dps heizou is pair him with a bunch of hydro and electro characters that work off field and then hell just swirl everything they do and theyll handle the aoe with how the electricity bounces when they do electro-charged. build him for elemental mastery and he'll do good damage on that kind of team. skyward atlas is also probably his best in slot weapon, so thats a great pull.
I'm not married to the idea of using an Anemo DPS. I was mainly using the Traveller out of convenience, since her constellations are free, and she doesn't need any boss drops to ascend, and all that.

I'll definitely level Heizou up and have a play around, but I'm not sure I have the support to build a full team around him. I think the best I can manage would be... Heizou, Fischl, Shinobu, Barbara? Barbara is still my only Hydro character, and it doesn't sound like her skill has enough uptime for the plan you're describing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fischl and shinobu are really good supports for him but ideally you'd want Xingqiu for the hydro slot, yeah. Honestly, XQ will be in the starglitter exchange shop next month, if you have any desire to roll for anything in the next few banners i'd save up and purchase him, he's an extremely good unit.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

FractalSandwich posted:

I've had some freakishly good luck with my blue wishes over the past few days, including my very first 5-star character and weapon: Qiqi and a Skyward Atlas. A Cryo healer turns out to be a great addition to my team, so I've already started developing Qiqi, but I don't really know what to do with the Atlas. The only catalyst-liker I've been using is Barbara, who it doesn't seem suited for. Apart from her, I have Lisa, Sucrose and Heizou. Are any of them worth taking a second look at now?

I've been playing since launch and I still don't have Qiqi.

gandlethorpe posted:

Who wants to use each of those artifact sets, btw? Does Tighnari want the Dendro one or the EM one? And is the EM one good for any other specific characters?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tighnari wants the EM one, but wanderers troupe is just as good for him, so its not worth farming it for him specifically. The charged attack bonus damage on wanderers also applies to the bonus homing arrows, hence wanderers being just as good and much more accessible.

The EM one is also good on Yae, it seems very much designed for her. Most other characters have better options but i could see it being viable on hu tao, diluc, and melt ganyu?

Dendro MC and collei want the dendro shred one, but you can run it on just about anyone whos a support in a dendro comp, like fischl.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Who wants to use each of those artifact sets, btw? Does Tighnari want the Dendro one or the EM one? And is the EM one good for any other specific characters?

I personally think the Dendro set is primarily a support one, but it works for a solo Dendro DPS in that it'd be lower maintenance to just give it to them and never worry about keeping up the RES shred. The tradeoff is that you don't get to enjoy double dipping into 4-piece bonuses. I'm actually using Wanderer's since I already have good pieces, but the EM one is probably about as good for him. It's pretty much for any character whose damage scales well with EM, easily procs reactions, and still appreciates ATK in a resonance team. A lot of those are probably Electro and future Dendro characters, but I can imagine it benefiting melt/vape.

Edit: Tangentially related, I think I'm finally falling in love with Albedo for real, despite having him for a while and enjoying him well enough. I never really saw the intricacies of his kit and potential synergies that are so unique to him. Funny that it took Dendro for me to see that in a Geo character. He also has really neat synergy with Raiden that is barely every acknowledged.

One trick I'm discovering is that you can get pretty considerable range on his E by aiming it ahead in the air. That puts you pretty much on the edge while able to hit an enemy the full diameter away with a bow or other long ranged attack. The chain reaction of placing his E, lobbing Tigh's E, and procing Raiden's lightning on a distant target is oddly satisfying.

Edit 2: He makes a flower after all, he was always meant as a Dendro support :tinfoil:

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Aug 27, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

fischl and shinobu are really good supports for him but ideally you'd want Xingqiu for the hydro slot, yeah. Honestly, XQ will be in the starglitter exchange shop next month, if you have any desire to roll for anything in the next few banners i'd save up and purchase him, he's an extremely good unit.
Oh, I didn't know it's a fixed rotation. That's a good tip.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

FractalSandwich posted:

Is it? Or is stuff just datamined or announced? I'm just curious since I'm largely f2p except occasionally buying the battlepass or welkin moon, so generally can afford maybe a character purchase every few rotations, and it would be good to know when to hold off vs when to make sure and grab someone from the dust exchange.
Thanks!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's never been an official announcement but it's followed that rotation for two years now. They might change it for the 2nd anniversary, but they'd probably announce that, and frankly I wouldn't put money on it. At most they might add an additional character option to cover the more recent 4*s, but I doubt they'd change the actual rotation or add a whole batch of new weapons.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Ytlaya posted:

One thing I was wondering while exploring Sumeru - is Venti maybe more useful again? Seems like there's a higher proportion of smaller enemies that I can suck up with Jean (which I assume probably means Venti could also suck them up with his burst). I remember many/most enemies seemed immune to it in Inazuma.

Venti took his big hit when it was decided floor 12 (and then 11) was increasingly just going to be a boss rush. He only stopped being useful in the overworld on Inazuma release when every enemy was immune to the succ. I've been rolling around with Diluc/flex/Venti/ZL as my usual overworld team and he hoovers everything just fine. Also the vertical boost is nice since it's entirely mountains+canyons for maximum time waste.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Having a fun time doing my 7th commission of the day. Yeah, supposing there's a bug where commissions keep seemingly randomly appearing after I did my daily 4. Not complaining though!

E: I'm dumb and mistook weekly missions for commissions. :downs:

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Aug 27, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Anyone know what the deal is with these? I can't figure out how to interact with them. They never seem to be guarding anything major, so I feel like it shouldn't be complicated or related to the story. But I could be wrong.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Anyone know what the deal is with these? I can't figure out how to interact with them. They never seem to be guarding anything major, so I feel like it shouldn't be complicated or related to the story. But I could be wrong.

You'll get to it well into the Aranyaka questline.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

You'll get to it well into the Aranyaka questline.

Ah, good enough excuse as any to finally get started on that

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I've been doing those quests for days now. My inability to pass by a chest or challenge or puzzle has slowed things down, though. One day I'll get to Sumeru City (I mean yeah I've been there but nothing has been done in the city yet).

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

There's a woman named Arezo in Vimara Village who gives you 4 Lotuses if you talk to her. Not much but it alleviates the Tig farming a bit at least.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVPDszGmTgg

Honkai Impact just had a pretty cool livestream concert this morning. Mihoyo seems to be reinvesting money into production values for these with like holograms and viewer particpation type features. Again the fact this stuff is free when usually they're one time only paid subscription and that they got a few overseas people to take part as well is pretty neat. Its not all my cup of tea music wise and Yu-Peng Chen isn't involved but yeah.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

gandlethorpe posted:

Was not expecting to get one of my best pieces ever building a Dendro support Albedo

Edit: lmao, the whole set turned out way better than it had any right to

Does the character who procs the elemental reaction have to be the one holding the set? I would have put it on ZL in your comp (or another low damage character like kuki in other comps).

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

I have 60 million mora, I can drat well pay for my own food, Paimon, not mooching off of people who need to watch their spending.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
gandlethorpe is a mad scientist.

Welp, using the interactive map I've found only 15 Collei mushrooms. Assuming I farm these every 2-3 days it will take me a month to ascend Collei :( Reminds me of release Ayaka back when there was only the one Inazuma island. But dendro traveler is up to 6/8/9 talents so I have that done. Use their hydro infused burst and avoid the others. I assume the expanded AOE expands the EM buffing field as well.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

mechanical crab pet when...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

Does the character who procs the elemental reaction have to be the one holding the set? I would have put it on ZL in your comp (or another low damage character like kuki in other comps).

Nothing to do with reactions.

deepwood memories set posted:

After Elemental Skills or Bursts hit opponents, the targets' Dendro RES will be decreased by 30% for 8s. This effect can be triggered even if the equipping character is not on the field.

This uses similar language to Milelith etc so it almost certianly only works from the wearer's skill/burst.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
So one of the rana subquests has a story domain dream sequence that is impossible to complete without a dendro character and an archer, something you only find near the end of the domain. I had to repeat it 3 times. Is this the norm with other sumeru story quests or they were just being particularly dickish with that one? For now I'll bring my underleveled collei for every story quest just in case.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

AParadox posted:

So one of the rana subquests has a story domain dream sequence that is impossible to complete without a dendro character and an archer, something you only find near the end of the domain. I had to repeat it 3 times. Is this the norm with other sumeru story quests or they were just being particularly dickish with that one? For now I'll bring my underleveled collei for every story quest just in case.

I don't know about Sumeru quests specifically, but it does happen that domains require a certain element to complete, without actually telling you as much beforehand. You can change your team loadout inside the domain by walking up to a Door of Resurrection and hitting the Use key if you get stuck with a team that lacks a required element.

For now I would consider it safest to assume that Sumeru domains interact with dendro a lot and requires one in your team.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

AG3 posted:

You can change your team loadout inside the domain by walking up to a Door of Resurrection and hitting the Use key if you get stuck with a team that lacks a required element.

fuuuuuuuu

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Didn't know you could do that with door of resurrection, that should help a lot in the future. The dendro requirement is fine, the archer one was the problem, on my second attempt I brought sucrose and Yae that let me advance further but then found another roadblock immediately after that could only be done with an archer.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I only found out about the door of resurrection thing by accident on the last day of the GAA event while doing Mona's dungeons again, so I wouldn't blame anyone else for not knowing it :v:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I think they added that feature for GAA specifically. They didn't have a habit of making long story domains with specific-element puzzles before that, at least not without forcing you to bring a specific character like in story quests.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Wait, so does that mean it doesn't work anymore? I haven't actually used it outside that one instance in Mona's dungeon where I lacked the elements required to activate some pillars at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

AG3 posted:

Wait, so does that mean it doesn't work anymore? I haven't actually used it outside that one instance in Mona's dungeon where I lacked the elements required to activate some pillars at the end.

It's a new feature, I haven't gone looking to see if it's been implemented elsewhere, since I haven't run through the single-use domains in Sumeru, and ran out of the other ones a while back.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I think they added that feature for GAA specifically. They didn't have a habit of making long story domains with specific-element puzzles before that, at least not without forcing you to bring a specific character like in story quests.

There's one in Mondstadt that absolutely requires amber (or a pyro archer, but yomiya didn't exist back then). My general rule of thumb is that for non-repeatable domains, the "recommended element" is actually a "required" element for a puzzle or something. But usually the stumbling block is near enough to the start of a domain that you can just leave without having wasted much time, so they probably didn't think that letting you reconfigure your party was necessary.