Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

aBagorn posted:

there's one between Pottstown and Reading

If it’s the one on 422, that closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Game-Blouses posted:

If it’s the one on 422, that closed

oh drat i hadnt been out that way in like 6 years or so

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm in the perfect location for convenience stores: in a span of 15 minutes in any direction from my home I have 3 Sheetz's, 2 Rutters', and 0 Wawa's :thumbsup:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Sheetz also has the northern part of PA. Not sure where it starts but I don’t think there’s Wawa north of Poconos?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

where i'm at in south jersey i can walk to 3 wawas within a mile or two,, or philadelphia, zero sheetz

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They put a Rutters in Gap and it’s glorious .

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Where's wegners though

Sex_Marxist
Dec 14, 2016

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY SON
The Lehigh valley has like 10 wawas and two or three sheetz . There is a Sheetz and Rutters between Allentown and Reading.

I’m a Wawa apologist especially during Gobbler season but sheetz has the chicken and waffles sandwich. Otoh Rutters has biscuits and gravy. Turkey Hill sucks since they got rid of their Blueberry Oolong Tea

In conclusion, gently caress the cowboys

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm in the perfect location for convenience stores: in a span of 15 minutes in any direction from my home I have 3 Sheetz's, 2 Rutters', and 0 Wawa's :thumbsup:

Forgot I have a Turkey Hill too. Still no Wawa's tho :thumbsup:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m adding “no sheetz” to an ever growing list of reasons never to visit Pennsylvania.

Sheetz is headquartered in Altoona PA.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Buc ees is garbage and I wish I had a sheetz or wawa around me because their names make me smile

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Buc ees is garbage and I wish I had a sheetz or wawa around me because their names make me smile

But CLEAN BATHROOMS bro

(Their hotsauces are pretty decent)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
hmm the nearest Sheetz to me is 37 miles away, then the next closest one is 46 miles away. both in directions I would never willingly choose to travel. guess I'll never know if it's good, or not,

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It’s pretty good if you hate your arteries. Wawa is nowhere near as good as it once was but at least I can avoid eating like poo poo there if I want to

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sheetz will take their spicy chicken sandwich patty, chop it up, and throw it in their mac n cheese along with some bacon and jalapeños. It’s a goon paradise.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It’s a weird bias I have but when I think of Sheetz I think of lovely fried food even though their hoagies are on the same tier as wawa, as we all know the glory days of wawa are far behind them.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I saw my first Buckees a week or two ago and was just astonished at the sheer size of the loving place. It's like the Costco or WalMart of convenience stores and there were like 75 rows of gas pumps. I didn't go inside. I grew up with Wawa's all voer the place in Northern Delaware and Philly and was happy to see them pop up here in southern FL but last time I went in they didn't have the horseradish sauce anymore for my roast beef sub.

Fuckers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I feel like Wawa has been consistent in its deli food quality (slightly below average) for like 20 years now, it was never actually that good and even in the suburbs almost any sandwich spot has better bread. the turkey and gravy they do around thanksgiving is great though I wish it were on the menu full time

the best thing about Wawa is that their bathrooms are never a superfund site which I can't say about Royal Farms et al

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

In Mass we have Cumberland Farms.

It's okay. :geno:

Edit: like they're not bad but there's nothing amazing about them. It's just where you go when you don't want to spend two and a half bucks for coffee at Dunkin.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 27, 2022

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I kinda miss getting a ham sandwich and some beef jerky at rural Robertson’s if I was driving out to a lake or on the way to Austin or San Antonio when I lived in Dallas. Haven’t had one in like two decades and always wonder if they were as good as I remember…

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

indigi posted:

I feel like Wawa has been consistent in its deli food quality (slightly below average) for like 20 years now, it was never actually that good and even in the suburbs almost any sandwich spot has better bread. the turkey and gravy they do around thanksgiving is great though I wish it were on the menu full time

the best thing about Wawa is that their bathrooms are never a superfund site which I can't say about Royal Farms et al

this is about right. early aughts marks when wawa stopped slicing meats for hoagies in house and started getting prepackaged portions, and then they stopped using liscio's rolls

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

their new tuna salad recipe sux too

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

aBagorn posted:

this is about right. early aughts marks when wawa stopped slicing meats for hoagies in house and started getting prepackaged portions, and then they stopped using liscio's rolls

It was so good as a kid tho, liscios and those bags of portugese rolls and the fresh deli meats. Back when their iced tea didn’t taste like garbage. It was a Good store then. I think it’s obvious that when the Mcnabb Reid era was shown to be unable to bring home a title, the owner of wawa dehumanized and faced to bloodshed.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Can we talk about royal farms?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
This suddenly has become the worst thread on the internet.

You guys talk about convenience store sandwiches the way San Franciscans talk about Mission burritos, but for way, way longer.

(And just for the record, Street Taco on Haight has fantastic al pastor, if you were wondering)

predicto fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 27, 2022

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My friend it's always been the worst thread on the internet

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Wawa is a gold standard of American convenience marts. However anyone who's been to Asia knows that it's (pretty much the entire East/Southeast) mart game is light years ahead of the US.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

predicto posted:

This suddenly has become the worst thread on the internet.

You guys talk about convenience store sandwiches the way San Franciscans talk about Mission burritos, but for way, way longer.

(And just for the record, Street Taco on Haight has fantastic al pastor, if you were wondering)

street taco sucks, el farolito or el taco loco blow it out of the water

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

indigi posted:

street taco sucks, el farolito or el taco loco blow it out of the water

You indescribable fool

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

I’m not sure the two of us are enough to succeed in a full derail but

Can Cun for carne asada. At least we can agree on that, right?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Doltos posted:

My friend it's always been the worst thread on the internet

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

predicto posted:

I’m not sure the two of us are enough to succeed in a full derail but

Can Cun for carne asada. At least we can agree on that, right?

I don't think I've been there, will have to add it to the crawl list for next time

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
OK I guess we can't talk about royal farms

But at least I know the nfc east thread is alright cause there has been 0 loving preening new Yorkers coming in all bodega

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Football you fat fucks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m excited to watch the Philadelphia Eagles

e: I'd like to extend a warm welcome to new Eagles fan, getfiscal

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1563751564170481664

indigi fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 28, 2022

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Asproigerosis posted:

OK I guess we can't talk about royal farms

But at least I know the nfc east thread is alright cause there has been 0 loving preening new Yorkers coming in all bodega

We're here we're just aware enough not to ruin a thread for 3 pages right before football is about to start

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is the preseason finally over? Can we crown the NFC East offseason champions yet?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is like 2 weeks to go .

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Watching the joint practices with Miami's defense, one thing was pretty clear and that's AJ is an insane stud. And 25. How the gently caress. Well done philly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So....

Final Clownball Division Predictions?

Eagles - I think Philly just has too many good skill players on offense and that will offset Hurts' limitations to where even if he's flattened out, it'll be enough, even with a tougher schedule.

Cowboys - Simply have lost too much talent/injuries IMO and I don't view CeeDee as a #1. Micah Parsons is gonna be a complete monster and seems like a generational player. I like Dak a lot but he can't carry a team and I see a step back. Not sure what their identity is.

Giants - For some reason, I still think they'll surprise a little bit. Mainly due to a weak schedule and also being able to sneak up on people. Equally possible they'll be the worst team in football.

Commanders - I see this team bottoming out entirely. Wentz IS talented (in some ways) and the defense might rebound but the karma here seems really off and this whole franchise just seems like a mess.

It's a 2 team race for sure near as I can tell and the division will benefit from drawing the ACFS, along with playing each other. None of these teams is getting anywhere near the Super Bowl.