Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The addition this tier was scrip gear for the left side that matches pactmaker's, so I think 6.3 is where you'll get the upgrades you're hoping for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yep. Pactmaker left, Integral right is what we have until 6.3. They always alternate adding combat gear on savage patches and trade gear on off patches.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

There was a lot of rain today so I decided to do a thing.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bruceski posted:

There was a lot of rain today so I decided to do a thing.

Despite the rain it never spawned for me, even after leaving and re-entering the island several times. Is the x18 y13 location not the right one, at 12AM?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Thundarr posted:

Despite the rain it never spawned for me, even after leaving and re-entering the island several times. Is the x18 y13 location not the right one, at 12AM?

People think it's bugged. It was happening to me every time I tried for one of the time and weather required spawns until I started doing the workaround described here. Haven't had a spawn fail since

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

No Mods No Masters posted:

People think it's bugged. It was happening to me every time I tried for one of the time and weather required spawns until I started doing the workaround described here. Haven't had a spawn fail since

So in my case, the issue was that it started raining at 4PM while I was on the island, and continued raining at 12AM, so since there was no actual weather change, Beachcomb did not spawn. What a silly bug.

How do I know what the actual weather schedule for the island is, though? Did they add it to the weather watchers in the city zones?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yep. Pactmaker left, Integral right is what we have until 6.3. They always alternate adding combat gear on savage patches and trade gear on off patches.

Hmmm.
Yeah, I am simultaneously disappointed and relieved. At least all I have to worry about is getting my poo poo melded properly to beat the new stat requirements.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Thundarr posted:

So in my case, the issue was that it started raining at 4PM while I was on the island, and continued raining at 12AM, so since there was no actual weather change, Beachcomb did not spawn. What a silly bug.

How do I know what the actual weather schedule for the island is, though? Did they add it to the weather watchers in the city zones?

There was a lovely codepen you could use to predict future weather events for it but it looks like someone made a better onepager with all the info in one place recently: https://www.lalachievements.com/islands/

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

No Mods No Masters posted:

There was a lovely codepen you could use to predict future weather events for it but it looks like someone made a better onepager with all the info in one place recently: https://www.lalachievements.com/islands/

Nice, thanks. That got me Twinklefleece and Yellow Coblyn with seconds to spare before their window closed.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I like how the pasture encouraged me to become a deranged Noah that gathers up only one of each animal

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Pigbuster posted:

I like how the pasture encouraged me to become a deranged Noah that gathers up only one of each animal

Sadly there's not enough space even at max capacity to fit one of each animal if we include the rare variants and the superrare mobs.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

HackensackBackpack posted:

The description for why you need to schedule two days off for your workshop mammets says it’s because you’re such a kind boss, so it’s either non-union and your WoL really is a good person OR the mammets are fully organized and that description is the lie they tell you so that you think you’re totally the nice guy in this situation.

Tataru doesn’t strike me as friendly to collective bargaining, however.

Like Rownea and Godbert, Tataru uses refugee labor. She did pretty good for herself during the apocalypse, got the NGO she worked at to donate most of its material assets to her, got cheap workers from basically the textile production capital of the world, managed to open up shop in a famously isolationist nation that's been untouched by war unlike pretty much everywhere else, got her world famous friend to do free product placement for her etc.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Algid posted:

Like Rownea and Godbert, Tataru uses refugee labor. She did pretty good for herself during the apocalypse, got the NGO she worked at to donate most of its material assets to her, got cheap workers from basically the textile production capital of the world, managed to open up shop in a famously isolationist nation that's been untouched by war unlike pretty much everywhere else, got her world famous friend to do free product placement for her etc.

LIVING EMBODIMENT OF CAPITAL
---------------------------
TATARU TARU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey so everyone wants Blitzball, but has there been any mention of sports at all in FFXIV? Like does Basketball exist in Eorzea?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hey so everyone wants Blitzball, but has there been any mention of sports at all in FFXIV? Like does Basketball exist in Eorzea?

I have legitinately asked around about this. On top of chocobo racing, and Crystalline Conflict being framed as a training exercise turned sport, there is some kind of ball-sport named in lore around Ishgard but with no details about how it's played.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I assume it's B-Ball with adjusted rules for a 4-person team, which is why everyone organizes parties in units of 4. Probably two defense and two offense.

The third Umbral Era was begun with a Chaos Dunk.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Cleretic posted:

I have legitinately asked around about this. On top of chocobo racing, and Crystalline Conflict being framed as a training exercise turned sport, there is some kind of ball-sport named in lore around Ishgard but with no details about how it's played.

If the inventor of the Ishgardian ball sport is named Jaimbert Naismithoix, we have our answer.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Barkley 2 was supposed to be delivered in 2013. ARR from 2.1 on, introducing Ishgard and stuff beyond trivial details, was in that time frame.

Charles Barkley is a shard of Azem.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Forgot to post this here but

Hottie Handled

This fight is easily the best EX in the game. Only like 4 mechanics but they happen so fast so constantly. There's not lull in the fight just non-stop poo poo with actually healing checks. So good.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 28, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Nessus posted:

Barkley 2 was supposed to be delivered in 2013. ARR from 2.1 on, introducing Ishgard and stuff beyond trivial details, was in that time frame.

Charles Barkley is a shard of Azem.

The Sundering was a chaos dunk

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Forgot to post this here but

Hottie Handled

This fight is easily the best EX in the game. Only like 4 mechanics but they happen so fast so constantly. There's not lull in the fight just non-stop poo poo with actually healing checks. So good.

It's the Terry Pratchett joke about juggling chainsaws: if you miss one it's the least of your problems, three more are on their way.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Stormblood LP wraps up the Ruby Sea in an effort to bring the posting tempo back up a bit!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

check out my pretentious little dipshit

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Electric Phantasm posted:

We got that arcade game in the gold saucer so I believe

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fiye posted:

We got that arcade game in the gold saucer so I believe

Yeah there's a b-ball shooter in gold saucer.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I wore the right gloves for that cutscene, and now I'm approaching several cutscenes playing in sequence. That's for tomorrow, though.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
lol looks like a sleepover with someone chilling on the floor watching your séance with minfilia

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Finally did the new raids, holy poo poo the new music is so good

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sephirot Unreal sure feels harder than the new EX.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
I recall Sephirot being an absolute motherfucker on release, so that checks out.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Ibblebibble posted:

Yeah he's a real pain. It also felt that the dps check was unusually strict for an extreme level encounter

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Now that I know the EX drops two totems I feel much better about it.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Ibblebibble posted:

Sephirot EX was definitely a hot rear end mess when it first hit

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

https://twitter.com/mmysha3/status/1563591392311488513?t=kNXFk0BXzcjdUXowTZWddA&s=19

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Ok, this caught me 100% offguard.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Saw this in the relateds

https://twitter.com/Lewphon/status/1563688948681129990?s=20&t=4AR8p66QpKvGePlLyROPBg

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Didn't overmelding also blow up the GEAR if you failed back in 1.0 and not just the materia?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

EX down! Nobody else stayed for photos!

I definitely have a limit to how much I can do that fight. The swirling and haziness in phase 2 makes my eyes ache. Feels similar to the Waterfall Effect.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

HackensackBackpack posted:

Didn't overmelding also blow up the GEAR if you failed back in 1.0 and not just the materia?

Yes, which is why the achievement for melding 5 materia to one item has the most achievement points of any in the game + a cosmetic reward. Even if you just melded cheap materia to trash items, it was still very expensive to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Systematic System posted:

Yes, which is why the achievement for melding 5 materia to one item has the most achievement points of any in the game + a cosmetic reward. Even if you just melded cheap materia to trash items, it was still very expensive to do.

And now there are items that have five slots in 'em so it's not much of a gamble.

Of course, I still remember how long that getting materia from spiritbonding also destroyed the item. That was well into... Shadowbringers wasn't it?