Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Pro Perfection August 27th
HM
Yuka Sakazaki vs Raku
- Raku has had exactly one good singles match before today, now she has doubled that total

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Free August 24th
HM
Tetsuya Endo vs Takeshi Masada
- Endo gave the rookie a bunch, he's real good for just debuting

Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi and Yuki Ishida) vs 37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita and Toi Kojima)
- Fun preview for Take's upcoming title challenge, crowd were rabid by the final bell

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
1st May
Pro Wrestling WAVE WAVE PHASE 2 Reboot 3rd NAMI 1
Miyako Matsumoto vs Risa Sera

Never have I seen more figure 4 leglock attempts in one match. This was very silly fun

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Pro Perfection August 27th
HM
Yuka Sakazaki vs Raku
- Raku has had exactly one good singles match before today, now she has doubled that total

nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Hyper Misao vs. Raku - TJPW Go Girl 3 8/28

Raku has the ability to lull her opponents to sleep. Hyper Misao comes prepared with a series of gimmicks - including chugging 5-Hour Energy! - to avoid being put to sleep. Will she succeed? Watch to find out!

HM: Shoko Nakajima, Rika Tatsumi & Miu Watanabe vs. Magical Sugar Rabbits & Miyu Yamashita - TJPW Go Girl 3 8/28

Billed as "THE BEST Special 6-Man Tag Team Match", it's six of TJPW's top stars and as a result, it's a high energy, very exciting match helped by the enthusiastic (and allowed to cheer!) women-only crowd being fully into everything, plus MagiRabbi being rude to their own tag partner! Well worth watching, as is the entire show, especially to get a sense of the top of TJPW's roster.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 28, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Go Girl 3 ~ Free Show for Women ~ August 28th
HM
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs Cat and Clown (Haruna Neko and Pom Harajuku)
- Neko and Pom made the most of a vocal crowd made up of a bunch of first time watchers by working real hard and putting on a great opener

Raku vs Hyper Misao
- Two good Raku single matches in a row, what is this sorcery

Yuki Aino vs Maki Itoh
- Crowd loved Itoh, and also Aino being a hoss

Yuki Arai vs Kamiyu
- Two long legged ladies kick each other real hard

Shoko Nakajima and DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Miyu Yamashita and Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki)
- So many great interactions in this one, my favourite being Yuka's disdain for her own partner Miyu

Hell of a show, crowd were great the whole way through

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
TJPW Go Girl 3 - 8/28
HM: Daisy Monkey (Suzume & Arisu Endo) vs Pom Harajuku & Haruna Neko
HM: Hyper Misao vs Raku
HM: Yuki Aino vs Maki Itoh
HM: Saki Akai vs Hikari Noa
HM: Yuki Arai vs Yuki Kamifuku
HM: Miyu Yamashita & Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki & Mizuki) vs Shoko Nakajima & Daydream (Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi)

all-female crowd + cheering allowed, very fun show

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs Cat and Clown (Haruna Neko and Pom Harajuku)
- Neko and Pom made the most of a vocal crowd made up of a bunch of first time watchers by working real hard and putting on a great opener

Raku vs Hyper Misao

Yuki Aino vs Maki Itoh

Yuki Arai vs Kamiyu

Shoko Nakajima and DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Miyu Yamashita and Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki)
- So many great interactions in this one, my favourite being Yuka's disdain for her own partner Miyu

Nth, show was great!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Raku vs Hyper Misao

Yuki Aino vs Maki Itoh

Yuki Arai vs Kamiyu

+1

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH N-1 Victory Night 7 August 27th
MOTYC
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Satoshi Kojima
- gently caress yeah, Koji is the best of the dads by far

HM
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Takashi Sugiura
- Rad, Sugi hits hard and Kaito has no issue getting hit hard, finish was a bit iffy though

Go Shiozaki vs Masato Tanaka
- Go rules, Tanaka is a medical marvel

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH N-1 Victory Night 7 August 27th
MOTYC
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Satoshi Kojima
- gently caress yeah, Koji is the best of the dads by far

Reminder that Okada is now a dad.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I would love for Okada to take on Nakajima and prove me wrong, but for now Kojima has the dad crown

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH N-1 Victory Night 8 August 28th
HM
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Kinya Okada
- A young man trying to get his first win on the last day of the tournament takes on one of the most dangerous members of the roster going for his third straight tournament victory. Short and sweet, hopefully it was actually planned. If Katsu actually knocked out a second guy in as many months then he can gently caress right off

Kongoh (Hajime Ohara, Tadasuke and Hi69) vs Alejandro, Alpha Wolf and Dragon Bane
- A nice high energy tag match to wake the crowd back up after the stretcher job

Yeah, I think I might be done with NOAH after this tournament, there's so much talent but the booking absolutely infuriates me

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 8/26

HM: Dustin Rhodes vs. Claudio Castagnoli

nth

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Raku vs Hyper Misao

Yuki Aino vs Maki Itoh

Yuki Arai vs Kamiyu

Nth.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Raku vs Hyper Misao

Yuki Aino vs Maki Itoh

Yuki Arai vs Kamiyu

Nth. The Raku/Misao match was SO MUCH FUN

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTYC

Thomas Latimer vs. EC3 - NWA 74th Anniversary Night 2 8/28

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

HOG High Intensity 8/28

HM: Eddie Kingston vs. Naomichi Marufuji

I'm almost tempted to WMOTYC this because due to absolutely horrible time management, this only went about 7 minutes, and that in itself feels like a crime. But credit to Eddie and Marufuji, it was still a pretty fun sprint.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTYC

NWA World Title Match: Trevor Murdoch (c) vs. Tyrus - NWA 74th Anniversary Night 2 8/28

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

HOG High Intensity 8/28

HM: Eddie Kingston vs. Naomichi Marufuji

I'm almost tempted to WMOTYC this because due to absolutely horrible time management, this only went about 7 minutes, and that in itself feels like a crime. But credit to Eddie and Marufuji, it was still a pretty fun sprint.

nth, it was a fun enough show with lots of great guests but also some very questionable choices. I will unfortunately have to nominate:

WMOTYC: Brody King vs Jacob Fatu - HOG World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Finals

which almost instantly ended in a double DQ. This prompted Malakai Black and Amazing Red to come out and turn their planned singles match into a tag team match, which not only robbed us of a full Malaki entrance, but we never got a mention of the tournament again, and the resulting tag match also ended in a DQ. Buddy Matthews was also in a cool 6-way elimination match earlier in the show where he was eliminated by DQ.

That makes the show sound worse then it was. Just about every match had HM-worthy moments and thinking back on it, I'll nominate:
HM: Briscoes (c) vs Private Party vs Mane Event with Max Caster who rapped them to the ring - HOG Tag Team Championships

Mane Event are still pretty green, but they held their own and I was reminded of how silky smooth Marc Quen is. It was the closest I've been for a Briscoes match live, and Mark Briscoe's facial expressions are just so delightful.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
incredibly funny to book Jacob Fatu who is notorious for refusing to do a clean job to pretty much anyone vs a bigger named AEW talent who maybe isn't allowed to lose on indy events

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

incredibly funny to book Jacob Fatu who is notorious for refusing to do a clean job to pretty much anyone vs a bigger named AEW talent who maybe isn't allowed to lose on indy events

This explains so much about the Jacob Fatu vs. Jeff Cobb no contest I saw at DEFY last year!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
18th May
AEW Dynamite Wild Card Wednesday
Adam Page vs Konosuke Takeshita

HM
18th May
AEW Dynamite Wild Card Wednesday
Kyle O'Reilly vs Rey Fenix

HM
20th May
AEW Rampage
Bryan Danielson & Jon Moxley vs Dante Martin & Matt Sydal

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

From Stardom's 5* GP, 8/27

MOTYC: Utami Hayashishita vs Maika. Easiest MOTYC I've handed out for this tournament so far. Good grief.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
13th August
NOAH N-1 Victory Night 2
Anthony Greene vs Go Shiozaki

HM
13th August
NOAH N-1 Victory Night 2
Kenoh vs Masaaki Mochizuki

HM
13th August
NOAH N-1 Victory Night 2
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Masa Kitamiya

MOTYC
13th August
NOAH N-1 Victory Night 2
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Masakatsu Funaki

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

RevPro 10th Anniversay Night 1 20/08:

HM: Will Ospreay vs Speedball Mike Bailey

Great match between two of the best but both feltlike they were holding something back for the next night. Which is understandable

HM: Luke Jacobs Vs Francesco Akira

MOTYC: Aussie Open vs Destination Everywhere:

The story of Conor Mills wrestling twice in one night and facing Aussie Open mirrors what happened at High Stakes last year where Oku did the same thing. Mills selling from his earlier match was great and what Oku lacks in smoothness, he makes up for in his babyface charisma. Plus, they're facing one of the best 5 teams in the world.

Night 2: 21/08

HM Luke Jacobs Vs Tony Deppen:

Jacobs was the MVP of the weekend. Think a smaller-scale WALTER who REALLY likes Bryan Danielson. And both his opponents were great foils in different ways

HM: Speedball Mike Bailey vs Leon Slater:

If Jacobs was the MVP, Slater was the breakout star of the weekend. Only his second match in the promotion (first was against soup boy as a last minute replacement), Slater is only 17 but has incredible athleticism, an instant connection with the crowd (all of York Hall was chanting for him by the end) and a natural explosiveness. Maybe Englands answer to Nick Wayne

MOTYC:

Will Ospreay vs Ricky Knight Jnr (RKJ)

Ospreay in RevPro is an entirely different animal to Ospreay anywhere else. This is Ricky's last chance at the title and we're starting to see Ospreay's schedule catch up with him. An incredible match which is up with Will's best this year. An outstanding finish as well

NTH. These shows were both absolute bangers front to back.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Tom Lawlor vs Jon Moxley, DEFY Wild Ones 4/30.

Absolutely sick match. Not a Lawlor fan but this by far the best match I've seen of his.

I already Nthed this but here's the video for people who want to watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDYk09lJVKA

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
28th August
Prominence Smoke & Flame Rising To The Sky
Hardcore Match
Hiragi Kurumi & Toshiyuki Sakuda vs Risa Sera & Violento Jack

Ouchy

MOTYC
28th August
Prominence Smoke & Flame Rising To The Sky
Deathmatch
Daisuke Masaoka vs Suzu Suzuki

LOL that Masaoka did this match with Suzu & then a day later had a bloodbath with Drew Parker.

This is the best singles match Suzu has had this year and is on a level with the matches she had in her deathmatch trial series in Ice Ribbon last year against guys like Takeda, Miyamoto & Kasai. Masaoka has had a fantastic year over in FREEDOMS, including a match that I had in my top 10 for the year to August 6th, & this isn't out of place there.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark Elevation 8/29

HM: Hikaru Shida vs. Emi Sakura

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 8/29

nth

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 8/29

yeah

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: AJ Styles vs. Seth Rollins, Raw, 6/13
HM: Asuka vs. Becky Lynch, Raw, 6/20
HM: Street Proffits & Riddle vs. Usos & Roman Reigns, Raw, 7/25

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 8/29

:yeah:

Ruled

Nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GLEAT G-Pro Wrestling Ver.31 August 24th
MOTYC
Chihiro Hashimoto and Mika Iwata vs. Maya Fukuda and Michiko Miyagi - UWF Rules
Kento Miyahara vs Tetsuya Izuchi
El Lindaman (c) vs DOUKI - G-REX Title

HM
Rising HAYATO vs. Dan Tamura vs. Hayato Tamura
STRONGHEARTS (Issei Onitsuka and Shigehiro Irie) and Soma Watanabe vs. BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani and Quiet Storm) and Flamita

Great show, watch it if you haven't yet. The DOUKI/Lindaman and Kento/Izuchi matches only need one more nth to make the list. Even if it's not for his beloved All Japan Kento should get the recognition, this is the 12th match i've nominated for him this year and is the closest he's come

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 8/29

HM: Hikaru Shida vs. Emi Sakura - Regina Di Wave Championship

this was good yeah

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 8/29

Nth.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
30th July
New Japan G1 Climax Night 8
David Finlay vs Shingo Takagi

MOTYC
30th July
New Japan G1 Climax Night 8
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Zack Sabre Jr

Best match of the tour so far.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 8/29

2nd this. Shame about the crowd. Did enjoy the shout out to Muscle Venus partner Tsukasa Fujimoto.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Aug 30, 2022

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 8/29

Nth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

GLEAT G-Pro Wrestling Ver.31 August 24th
MOTYC
El Lindaman (c) vs DOUKI - G-REX Title

Great show, watch it if you haven't yet. The DOUKI/Lindaman and Kento/Izuchi matches only need one more nth to make the list. Even if it's not for his beloved All Japan Kento should get the recognition, this is the 12th match i've nominated for him this year and is the closest he's come

I'll Nth Lindaman/DOUKI