Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

quote:

At Easter in 2008, the then 34-year-old Jeppe Kofod appeared in the media because it emerged that in the evening after giving a lecture for the Social Democratic Youth of Denmark (DSU), he had sex with a 15-year-old girl from DSU.[25][26] It was later reported that they did not use a condom, and that the girl had to use a morning after pill.[27] The episode led, among other things, to Kofod resigning from his committee posts and his post as foreign affairs spokesman for the Social Democrats.[28][29] The chairman of DSU, Jacob Bjerregaard, stated that Kofod had violated DSU's rules and that he was no longer welcome in DSU.[30][31]

In 2020 Kofod was reported to the police on rape accusations by activist Lars Kragh Andersen.[32] Following the report, the police carried out a legal assessment of the case to identify if there was a basis for another investigation into the 12-year-old case.

Good lord man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Good lord man

The funny part is Lars Kragh Andersen is a libertarian.

DSU girl was also a school trainee or whatever it's called for the party in parliament.

Check out his weird head.

SplitSoul has issued a correction as of 21:49 on Aug 25, 2022

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

that has to be photoshopped, like those pics where charlie kirk's face is even smaller than usual

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Thank you Danes and Dutch for proving me right.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Doktor Avalanche posted:

that has to be photoshopped, like those pics where charlie kirk's face is even smaller than usual

I assure you it's not.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

I assure you it's not.
it's photoshopped to make his face look bigger

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
once again i am reminded of the indisputable fact that denmark was a mistake

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

*reading the news every morning*

Cerebral Bore posted:

once again i am reminded of the indisputable fact that denmark was a mistake

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

gently caress europe

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

denmark is a mistake but the two alternatives of a german denmark or a scandinavian union both sound worse. its a real poo poo situation with no good answers unfortunately

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I have an alternative idea

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I have an alternative idea

if we intentionally melt antarctica to drown denmark is it really all that much collateral damage

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There is something rotten in the state of Denmark, and also in the Netherlands

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

the topography of their countries gets reflected in their brains

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

i say swears online posted:

if we intentionally melt antarctica to drown denmark is it really all that much collateral damage
there's not enough water on earth to drown denmark

it would probably help though, because it'd force us to rebuild as an island city state

e: without a dam at least

A Buttery Pastry has issued a correction as of 05:12 on Aug 28, 2022

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Denmark has more pigs than people in it. the people should leave.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

there's not enough water on earth to drown denmark

it would probably help though, because it'd force us to rebuild as an island city state

e: without a dam at least

sure there is. when all the ice has melted, sea levels will have risen about 70m. that's plenty to drown us.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Zodium posted:

sure there is. when all the ice has melted, sea levels will have risen about 70m. that's plenty to drown us.
it is absolutely not. even at this level, you could have everyone live at copenhagen level density with 75% of the land uninhabited. the pigs could get the rest at a slightly lower population density.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

okay then how about triggering an ice age and burying denmark under 2 miles of glacier?

(also the uk, the netherlands, france, germany and so on)

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

it is absolutely not. even at this level, you could have everyone live at copenhagen level density with 75% of the land uninhabited. the pigs could get the rest at a slightly lower population density.

well I'll be damned.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

forkboy84 posted:

Oh Lithuania, please do invade Russia just for the banter.

everyone loves the part where nato says we got your back and then the push down the cliff

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Lol just heard that europe is actually considering unilaterally suspending the visa agreement with russia so that basically no russian citizen can come over.
Lol, lmao

How are our elites so loving stupid

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lol yeah damaging your own tourism industry will sure show Putin what's what! oh no rich Russians will have to vacation in Maldives instead how terrible for them

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
they actually waited for the tourist season to end before discussing that measure :bravo:
also, the way to hurt putin was to take MORE russians in and letting them stay. russia is already in bad shape with brain drain, just take more manpower away from them! you even get to compress wages at home! it is so unbelievably stupid lmao

also, scholz was against no more than a week ago. did he just get a call from washington and loving fold like wet cloth just like that? not even germany gets political autonomy now?
you can't tell me this was actually everybody willingly going with the plan of the baltics and eastern europe, nobody ever gave a gently caress about their prerogatives before

mortons stork has issued a correction as of 19:40 on Aug 28, 2022

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Yeah, this is more fishy than usual.
Wheres the money?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mortons stork posted:

they actually waited for the tourist season to end before discussing that measure :bravo:
also, the way to hurt putin was to take MORE russians in and letting them stay. russia is already in bad shape with brain drain, just take more manpower away from them! you even get to compress wages at home! it is so unbelievably stupid lmao

also, scholz was against no more than a week ago. did he just get a call from washington and loving fold like wet cloth just like that? not even germany gets political autonomy now?
you can't tell me this was actually everybody willingly going with the plan of the baltics and eastern europe, nobody ever gave a gently caress about their prerogatives before

Yeah and Ninehead up there is willing to go ahead with it even if the EU doesn't, because the existing sanctions that are currently costing our country billions isn't enough.

Speaking of our elites being stupid as hell, market price will be €1.09/kWh at some point tomorrow. This is fine.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Yeah, this is more fishy than usual.
Wheres the money?

were in big trouble

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

global vibes.. not good. lots of history happening

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

mortons stork posted:

Lol just heard that europe is actually considering unilaterally suspending the visa agreement with russia so that basically no russian citizen can come over.
Lol, lmao

How are our elites so loving stupid

jesus, hope my friends dont get kicked out

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

gonna have to have a change in management, dunno what that looks like tho.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
why can't denmark just cease to be

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lollontee posted:

why can't denmark just cease to be

it would change the salinity of the baltic sea too much

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/FTM_eu/status/1564466256949936128

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Good lord man

Zelensky just gave him a medal. :lmao:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I got directed that this thread might be a suitable place to post this, so...

In the recent years, Serbia's coal industry got hosed up pretty badly by various hazards and disasters, and our power production suffered pretty badly for it. As an added bonus, coal production this year is on the lower end of what could have been expected in the conditions. With the ongoing trade clusterfuck, we've started importing a lot of power, and it's likely that it's going to significantly escalate when winter hits. We're already experiencing major food price hikes, and the first signs of shortages of basic produce. (it's still not particularly bad, but you're starting to see things like all the stores in an area running out of milk mid-day, etc). The national power company is offering (additional) reduction of power bills for people who drop their power consumption by a certain percentage over the next few months, relative to their prior power spending, but the implication inbetween the lines is that the price is going to go up in general for everyone.

One of the options being brought up by our government (in a way that a lot of poo poo 'options' were brought up in before being implemented) is a loan from the IMF, in exchange for them getting to decide how our national power infrastructure is run. For ideas on what happens when IMF makes deals like that with countries in the Balkans, you are free to look at what happened in Greece.
The recent media storm about Kosovo fits this in nicely with the cycle of europe/nato making GBS threads on us out of nowhere, followed by our government puffing up as the world's greatest patriots who'd never do what the eu tells them, followed by some sort of loud deescalation broadcasted everywhere, and a quiet surrender of yet another part of our economy that never gets mentioned outside of the country and is heavily downplayed within it. Especially when I consider how laser-focused the EU was on loving with our energy sector ever since the war in Ukraine begun.

poo poo's gonna get ugly this winter. Very ugly. And if the IMF deal goes through, it's gonna stay ugly.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i wonder if there will be any sort of organized euro-wide protest because the whole continent seems to be in the same boat. i think the baltics are melting down the hardest atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
The high pressure will just make europe purer.