Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Saint Sputnik posted:

The GOP's mother sucks cocks in hell.

Well yeah, I mean, it was kinda Nancy Reagan's nickname...

EDIT - Sorry to snipe your panel-by-panel, ZeeToo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I didn't read it right and thought it was the "non binary lesbian bar" where yeah I assume you would get kicked out of for insisting this lady isn't.
But also you'll note that the hero-character has no words in their speech bubble, so we're left to just guess how she's explaining herself. So it's up to the reader to basically project onto her if she's being rude or polite about it. And again we're only given the other woman's reaction as a metric to judge what she said, unless we're already conditioned to hate trans people the reading of the comic was she deserved to be kicked out.

Vib Rib posted:

Did the guy go to hell because he had the vaccine

The vaccine gave him a heart attack. Don't you know? That's a common side effect. People just randomly dying after getting the shot.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Alhazred posted:

Yeah, all I'm seeing someone entering a queer bar and then starting to be a dick towards others.

Well, you see, the bar's patrons aren't the right kind of queer.

(conventionally attractive femme lesbians)

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

ZeeToo posted:

She's just been kicked out of somewhere that we only now see is labeled 'lesbian bar'.
I agree with almost everything in this post, but the sign does say Lesbian bar in the first panel of this story arc. The black and white strip before the colored one.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

:laffo: they weren’t forced to leave until they started baselessly calling people pedophiles because they wanted to ban a book from the school and then go “MUH FREE SPEECH”. Tats is such an idiot he breaks his own arguments constantly

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

More repurposed 90s gay panic.

If gays are accepted in society then they will REQUIRE YOU TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM or be labeled a homophobe and shunned everywhere you go

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Charlz Guybon posted:

I agree with almost everything in this post, but the sign does say Lesbian bar in the first panel of this story arc. The black and white strip before the colored one.

Yeah, that's why I said I was looking at the Sunday comic by itself. The Saturday comic shows it; the Sunday does not.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

By the by, this is an illustration from a book about making babies I read for the kids in kindergarten:

(It feels weird to spoiler a drawing that would be safe for work in my country)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The Tory response to the energy price cap rise – As Ofgem raises the price cap to £3,549 from October, Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss bury their head in the sand"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

“Dad found out that the posh people in the flat above have underfloor central heating.”

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Bismuth posted:

This is all insanely stupid poo poo but does he think Black Manta is a robot?

Thats Roo the reddit avatar base

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Alhazred posted:

By the by, this is an illustration from a book about making babies I read for the kids in kindergarten:
Ah, Charlie Hebdo

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Pants Donkey posted:

Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought student loans went: student takes out loan -> federal government/predatory private company gives loan money to school to pay tuition -> government/parasitic company recoups loss from repayments and makes a profit via interest on the loan.

Why would any forgiveness require schools to raise tuition?

You're not wrong: in the dark days before student loans existed, students paid their tuition in full each semester. It was difficult, because (even though the tuition rates outside of private & Ivy-league schools seems laughably low today, even adjusted for inflation) it was a fair chunk of cash for a young person / their family to raise - this kept tuition rates relatively reasonable/realistic.

Once the student-loan scheme (I don't use that word derogatorily, it was a huge game-changer at first) started, tuition rates rose as institutions realized that the pain was mitigated. It isn't all of the reasons why we're here today by any stretch, but it removed that (for lack of a better phrase) 'invisible hand.'

Stultus Maximus posted:

Looking forward to a bunch of near identical "Biden is really the one destroying America with open borders, inflation, 'policy', and DOJ" cartoons.

Keep in mind to the small percentage of GOP Trump nutjobs who want to roll us back to 1850, any vaguely politically progressive noises (let alone moves) are destruction.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

Threats to Peace by Luo Jie

I love this artwork.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
That's been a terf talking point for a while. A terf will go into an LGBT friendly space, declare "I don't want to have sex with trans women because trans women are men" and then when people get mad at them, they cry "trans women are trying to force me to have sex with them" as though anybody actually wanted to sleep with the terf to begin with.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail on Sunday:

“Dad found out that the posh people in the flat above have underfloor central heating.”

DON'T LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN YOU'LL LET THE HEAT OUT

- quote from all dads everywhere

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail on Sunday:

Seems like the room height is ten metres or so. Maybe that is why they are having such trouble heating all that space.

Still, I've gotta hand it to Mac that he made a solid visual joke with zero racism or anything else to complain about. Just some very happy boomers and their dog in their living room watchtower.

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Vib Rib posted:

No, I got that, it's just when he does die, he ends up in hell. Like, cartoon poked-with-pitchforks-by-devils hell. So either he was going there anyway or the vaccine had something to do with it? If he was damned already who really cares, and if he wasn't... what the gently caress, god?

"The COVID vaccine is the mark of the beast and getting it will send you to hell" is something that a tiny number of religious extremists actually believe.

No, I'm not joking. I'm not being sarcastic. I wish I were.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nenonen posted:

Seems like the room height is ten metres or so. Maybe that is why they are having such trouble heating all that space.
The person-sized lamp probably isn't very efficient either.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

PainterofCrap posted:

Keep in mind to the small percentage of GOP Trump nutjobs who want to roll us back to 1850, any vaguely politically progressive noises (let alone moves) are destruction.
95% is a small percentage?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's stopping the duck from logging off and just walking away from the computer?

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Astoundingly good and modern dinosaurs by the standards of this medium: A Paleontological Cartoon.
The photo in this edit is Nazis burning the archives of the Institute of Sexology, a pioneering foundation and research institute devoted to LGBTQA studies and an advocate for gay and trans rights, which they subsequently destroyed. Ishida would approve of the act, although maybe he still isn't far enough along to publically praise the perpetrators.
What the hell is wrong with the duck's eyebrows being stuck like that is he constantly perplexed by everything if your character is constantly perplexed it doesn't make me think the world's crazy it makes me think he's a willfully ignorant moron.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 28, 2022

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Drakyn posted:

What the hell is wrong with the duck's eyebrowsbeing stuck like that is he constantly perplexed by everything if your character is constantly perplexed it doesn't make me think the world's crazy it makes me think he's a willfully ignorant moron.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Tucker's brows look like they're trying to meet and copulate above his nose; drunk duck looks like one's trying to tear itself free of his scalp and the other is desperately attempting to anchor it down.
But yeah as far as perplexed goes, that photo's got to be in the big dictionary of sad, sad examples.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Right, a willfully ignorant moron.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No, you don't understand. As a man, it is my solemn duty to save all the lesbians (only the pretty ones though) from other men. Maybe then they'll have sex with me.

(good post)

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
You're supposed to be disgusted by the images in sinfest of people dancing and enjoying each other's company. The author assumes the reader shares his exact bigotry, so he does not truly need to make a case for it. It's like that chick tract with the entirely wholesome gay couple taking care of a baby and you're expected to be horrified.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Boris Johnson is still PM right? Has it happened before where a PM quits and then is still there a month and a half later as their party does whatever the gently caress bullshit they're doing to pick his replacement? Seems to me they'd just have a party vote on that and be done with it already.

Edit: Oh I guess May hung around for a while too. Weird system, but no weirder than ours I guess.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 28, 2022

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Alhazred posted:

(It feels weird to spoiler a drawing that would be safe for work in my country)

The lady in this picture has :nms: leg hair :nms:, there's no way a child's fragile eggshell mind can handle such perversion!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Mr. Prokosch posted:

You're supposed to be disgusted by the images in sinfest of people dancing and enjoying each other's company. The author assumes the reader shares his exact bigotry, so he does not truly need to make a case for it. It's like that chick tract with the entirely wholesome gay couple taking care of a baby and you're expected to be horrified.

He also draws Pink Hair with a body and face that he would absolutely give a heroic character (except he seems to seriously dislike full beards, because hipsters? God he's so fuckin old), which makes her anger and hurt seem quite righteous

Like, Tats, come on, you have your zombies, they're your "person who is wrong" signifier; you can't just show us a lady with a beard and expect the audience to understand that she's a villain!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Fister Roboto posted:

No, you don't understand. As a man, it is my solemn duty to save all the lesbians (only the pretty ones though) from other men. Maybe then they'll have sex with me.

(good post)

Tats kramers into a lesbian bar and points at a butch lesbian and says "That woman there is actually a MAN! You ladies don't want men in here do you? I'm here to help you and protect you from all the men that are trying to invade your safe space! Oh don't worry about me, my lesbian friend says it's cool for me to be here!"

Alhazred posted:

Eh not gonna lie that seems a little much for kindergartners, however I recognize that it's because I've lived my whole life in the US and even if I'm out of the conservative mindset, it still has influence on me. It's impossible for me to approach the appropriateness of this from an objective viewpoint. That said it's certainly not graphic photorealistic detail with cumshots so it's still not even what Tats is claiming is being shown to kids (and it sure as hell isn't happening in the US, of all places).

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The whole thing is a straight man's idea of what lesbians are.

Actual lesbian bars allow men in, nobody cares, because lesbianism is about liking to gently caress other women, not about hating men.

Dudes can go in lesbian bars. Dudes can dance in lesbian bars. Nobody is screaming at them for having a penis, let alone demanding that nonbinary or trans people prove that they are boner-free, and if somebody acted like his TERF mouthpiece then yeah hopefully they'd get kicked out.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

:laffo: they weren’t forced to leave until they started baselessly calling people pedophiles because they wanted to ban a book from the school and then go “MUH FREE SPEECH”. Tats is such an idiot he breaks his own arguments constantly
American conservative nut jobs feel entitled to threaten teachers with physical harm at school board meetings, because they are almost never removed for them.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Somfin posted:

He also draws Pink Hair with a body and face that he would absolutely give a heroic character (except he seems to seriously dislike full beards, because hipsters? God he's so fuckin old), which makes her anger and hurt seem quite righteous

Like, Tats, come on, you have your zombies, they're your "person who is wrong" signifier; you can't just show us a lady with a beard and expect the audience to understand that she's a villain!

I don't think Ishida can separate the concepts of heroism and masculinity in his mind. The main message of the comic is "trans women are just men pretending to be trans in order to dominate women." If you don't find gender nonconformity inherently threatening, you're not in the target audience.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

ZeeToo posted:

It's an utter fuckup of a story. Even the dog is easy to read as "here's a dog", not "this is uncomfortable degenerate behavior because I refuse to learn what petplay actually is".

This is probably my favorite part. It's just in there as another jab, but no one in the bar minds. They aren't being disruptive, they aren't even a part of the narrative. And he's so goofy looking, it seems almost impossible to interpret it as some insidious behavior.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

IT HAS BECOME PAINFULLY CLEAR THAT THE FBI HAS BECOME A CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION.

They should arrest themselves. The heavily redacted Trump affidavit only underlines the criminal connection between the DOJ and the FBI. Both are doing their best to destroy president Trump. Their hope is they can land a criminal indictment that will prohibit President Trump from running again.

In fact, they would completely redact Trump’s presidency and his accomplishments if they could. They would love to ‘memory hole’ Trump if they could, similar to the censorship in Orwell’s ‘1984.’ In fact, Biden and his handlers would love to redact all of Trump’s followers. That’s why Traitor Joe has labeled all us MAGA-minded Trump supporters as ‘fascists.’ That’s right, patriots who want the best for America are now viewed as fascists in the eyes of Democrats and their muscle, the FBI.

The corruption will continue until the Democrat Party is soundly defeated in the midterms. That might not happen if they’re allowed to steal another election. If that happens, their banana Republic will become a rotten banana Republic.

It’s time to redact the criminals who are trying to redact Trump, a lawfully-elected president.

— Ben Garrison

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
It's time to do the thing I can never be bothered to do says man who keeps saying this every week

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
He should hang out with Ted.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

gently caress you, Stantis. you're not Waterson and I hate you for thinking you can be.

Barrel Cactaur posted:

Thats Roo the reddit avatar base

Snoo.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Mr. Prokosch posted:

yeah like... they don't believe that people who look or dress different from them are even human. i don't know why you'd make a long post talking as though these hateful caricatures are actual characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Neito posted:

gently caress you, Stantis. you're not Waterson and I hate you for thinking you can be.

The lack of effort is insulting. Oafish aping of a style, oafish aping of intellectual content, just stop bro