Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Is this ad blaming high school kids for being high school kids instead of constantly keeping their eyes peeled on potentially dangerous incels? Lmao.

Exactly. Nothing screams "Failures of the system." like asking kids to be hyper vigilant about their peers because they could be ticking time bombs. There's also nothing in there about racism, white supremacists, or any kind of extremist attitudes. Just the same tired cliches the news media have been pedaling for over 20 years based on a bunch of misconceptions and outright lies about Columbine. And they've done jack poo poo. This is borderline victim blaming that offers no real solution. That first ad with the back to school supplies is still extremely effective though. But even then you have to have a soul to feel it. The people who can actually take meaningful action against this are a bunch of ghouls who love only money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Is this ad blaming high school kids for being high school kids instead of constantly keeping their eyes peeled on potentially dangerous incels? Lmao.

It's twisted, but also the only thing kids can do to protect themselves, in a certain way.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Public schools should be replaced within zoom meetings, they’re just an outdated concept. There, no shootings, no bullying, no kids getting CTE from playing football or kids trading their adderall for fentanyl the weird kid stole from his crippled step-dad.

You know there’s actually very few situations that wouldn’t be improved by replacing them with zoom meetings. Also ban all guns.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CPL593H posted:

They have other ones which are about knowing how to spot the weird bullied kid who looks at scary poo poo online or something which isn't the best considering that this was policy everywhere after Columbine and all it managed to do was marginalized already marginalized kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8syQeFtBKc

A student assigned to tutor the shooter at Parkland tried warning the adults that he was a misogynistic bully who kept groping her and looking down her shirt, and they told her to stop dressing slutty.

I’m sure that because of how many school shooters there have been, some were friendless weirdos, but have many of them fit that profile? They’re all just entitled narcissistic fascists and womanhaters. You’d think the people targeted by Alex Jones would understand that.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I AM GRANDO posted:

A student assigned to tutor the shooter at Parkland tried warning the adults that he was a misogynistic bully who kept groping her and looking down her shirt, and they told her to stop dressing slutty.

I’m sure that because of how many school shooters there have been, some were friendless weirdos, but have many of them fit that profile? They’re all just entitled narcissistic fascists and womanhaters. You’d think the people targeted by Alex Jones would understand that.

Americans will go to any length to pretend we don't have a problem with fascism and white power groups. And this country loves rape as much as it hates black people.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"know the warning signs kids. that way you can tell the police who will look at a young, angry teen with a backyard strewn with nazi memorabilia and tortured animals and shrug in an authoritative manner because they don't care"
"also his screen name online is 'schoolshooter88' and he's on the same forums as half the police force. maybe tell the school who will contact the parents but back off when the parents threaten to sue? look just be prepared for the inevitable.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Just look for the teenage boy who's awkward and likes guns and violent video games

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I AM GRANDO posted:

LOL the first example i can think of when i think "typical" american wannabe shooter is that 2007 youtuber who was big in the online anime community: Mr Anime. He killed his whole family* but was arrested before managing to start the school shooting. Big columbine shooters fan.

*because he didn't want to face them after the school shooting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWzG4uHaEqg&t=414s

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I AM GRANDO posted:

America hates women.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

CPL593H posted:

Americans will go to any length to pretend we don't have a problem with fascism and white power groups. And this country loves rape as much as it hates black people.

america is a country founded by pedos as a theocracy that gained its independence through terrorism

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

it blows chunks

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
who is chunks?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Someone in an unhealthy relationship if America is blowing them.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Pontificating rear end posted:

Just look for the teenage boy who's awkward and likes guns and violent video games

But.. thats..that's... that's all of them, I think. :(

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1564111463073062913?s=21&t=_WwdKsvjv-AM7peiss3i1g

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:blastu::murica:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
ban breach loaded weapons

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1564300598467502081

I guess it was the same day anyway?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

There are probably all kinds of days when two mass shootings happen at the same time. They just don't make the news half the time. Especially if the body count was under two digits.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Day ain’t over yet

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

We need a version that replaces days with hours at this point.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/AlexSavidgeKTVU/status/1564383853153644550

It's not a mass shooting! :toot:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

mobby_6kl posted:

It's not a mass shooting! :toot:

Hooray… ?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

In the attention economy, a shot 12-year-old is worth 5 15-year-olds.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I AM GRANDO posted:

In the attention economy, a shot 12-year-old is worth 5 15-year-olds.

:blastu::murica:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tarquinn posted:

Hooray… ?

Should've used :confuoot: I suppose

Here's another member of the well regulated militia
https://i.imgur.com/VxgUAAU.mp4

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

mobby_6kl posted:

Hmm...
*in Mario Voice*
That's-a no gud!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

That's just a slight overreaction.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

mobby_6kl posted:

Typical Austin traffic

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Dang, the owner of that White 2011 BMW 328i series, registered withTexas plates (very legible and easily traceable), is going to be very confused/disappointed when police knock on his door for assault with a deadly weapon.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Bananana posted:

Dang, the owner of that White 2011 BMW 328i series, registered withTexas plates (very legible and easily traceable), is going to be very confused/disappointed when police knock on his door for assault with a deadly weapon.

Are we sure that that guy is the owner?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

are you doubting the finders keepers rule?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

Are we sure that that guy is the owner?

Email me 20 bux, and I will find out.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

driving on the shoulder trying to pass then pulling a gun on the guy who didn't let you in seems like an extremely bmw owner behavior to me

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm glad I'm not the only one who watched that vid and thought "no way the guy in a wifebeater who drives on the shoulder and pulls a gun over a minor traffic incident owns that fuckin BMW, that car is stolen as poo poo"

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 30, 2022

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who watched that vid and thought "no way the guy in a wifebeater who drives on the shoulder and pulls a gun over a minor traffic incident owns that fuckin BMW, that car is stolen as poo poo"

Reported, for class warfare.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Bananana posted:

Reported, for class warfare.

Yeah the assumption that certain people "can't" own or drive BMWs is lovely as all hell and we should not do it ever, and I hope I'm not doing that here because I certainly don't mean to imply that, but,

also,

that guy did not hesitate at all to pull a gun on someone in the middle of a busy highway, over what should have been a minor annoyance at most, and that is some extremely bad sus energy.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 31, 2022

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
:nms:

Don't watch this video unless you want to see someone get shot to death.

No doubt the 2A crowd are cheering this on as a textbook example of defending one's family. Apparently the dad did warn him that he had a gun. But the kid is clearly unarmed, and also he shoots him in the back as he's running away.

No charges.

Your country is sick.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah don't watch that video.

He didn't even break in. He half-heartedly started ramming his shoulder into the door and the guy just opens up on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
He broke the door open and started to enter the home according to the news article with the tweet. Not really sure what the problem is here... Or should dad have just gone hands on with the dipshit who was pissed off he got dumped and was trying to break in