Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Smythe posted:

lol at how far away u can suck ppl into the cart

300 Units, so this far:

....Or this far with an Aether Lens and Eye of the Vizier :staredog:

I was about to say, "It should be reduced to be on par with LC's Duel" but then I remembered Duel just got buffed from 150 Range to be 200/250/300 this patch :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sab669 posted:

300 Units, so this far:

....Or this far with an Aether Lens and Eye of the Vizier :staredog:

I was about to say, "It should be reduced to be on par with LC's Duel" but then I remembered Duel just got buffed from 150 Range to be 200/250/300 this patch :v:

long succ is long

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Seems like a decent patch unlike the last few that felt very low-effort.

It amuses me that practically every change they've made to NP for years now has called his pub winrate to drop even further. They're done way more work to make Techies viable in pubs than NP.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG5NXeTuCXg

edit: i'm a tinker spammer so it was nice being on the other end of a beatdown from void spirit

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 26, 2022

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The 350 attack range vs poison touched targets talent for Dazzle is really funny and also surprisingly effective at punishing pub game stalemates where everyone dances around a tower but nobody wants to go in

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Tinkerin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCG0rkO5pAM

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Came back after 2 years. Had fun for a few days and then lost 8 in a row playing support at guardian. Uninstalled lmao

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Thom and the Heads posted:

Came back after 2 years. Had fun for a few days and then lost 8 in a row playing support at guardian. Uninstalled lmao

I'm like 4-41 in my last 45 games

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
people are so much better at every mmr than even two years ago, especially on euro servers (compared to USE)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
myself, personally, I'm also just very stupid and do stupid things all the time

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I definitely die a lot because I choose to re-engage when I have like 5% HP and should've just continued to back after getting out, but I'm not a coward and want to help the team.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I came back to finish the all hero challenge and I'm currently 0-5 on alchemist

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I've never gotten past the first hero on ahc: disruptor. I just can not win with that hero.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I'm at 0 on the AHC because I'm not playing Gyrocopter. :colbert:

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

emdash posted:

people are so much better at every mmr than even two years ago, especially on euro servers (compared to USE)

this. i calibrated at legend 4 three years ago, then a few months ago calibrated at archon 2 and now im crusader 1 lol. its been brutal but i think im finally evening out

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Sab669 posted:

I definitely die a lot because I choose to re-engage when I have like 5% HP and should've just continued to back after getting out, but I'm not a coward and want to help the team.

this is when u spam ping and in chat just say "TEAM???" and then chat wheel Space Created

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i calibrated at 4k a long time ago and am pretty steadily gaining up through archon playing support.

skill has definitely increased though. used to be no one in this mmr warded or dewarded at all, now they just ward and deward in mostly obvious places

it's still incredibly passive play though so supports who Do poo poo make a big difference and can really win games.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I'm stuck on my AHC at Broodmother. One of the few I can't really play at all

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

please keep us updated on this btw

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
came back after seven years, is my boy timbersaw stil relevant at all

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

if you can shut down a carry with him in lane then timbersaw is still a relevant offlaner

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
timber feels like a hero that either wins the lane hard and can create space for the next 20 min or who loses the lane and does nothing at all for however long the game goes on. but in both cases, he's not really a game winner. offlane bristle kinds does the same thing where you can get super tanky fast and the enemy team either has to ignore you or 5 man you, but bristle also scales better imo and can come back from a bad lane better than timbersaw

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Pure damage is pure damage and as long as you can use your skills during a team fight you're basically unkillable.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I didn't realize just how hard Death Prophet got nerfed until I was told to mid unexpectedly and picked her without thinking, I think that hero is the big loser of 7.32

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Bristle’s scaling was nurfed a bit this patch, with the warpath stack changes and removal of his attack speed talent

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Timber can totally carry games, and he’s fun as hell. Stay in your lane as long as possible to gain levels and push the carry out. Make sure your 4 fucks off if the carry leaves (to find and punish the carry).

99% of the time build him for damage and mobility. Take all of his damage talents and none of the useless durability ones. Don’t needlessly take hits (even though you can). Maybe build a Euls if they have long-duration silences, Troll, or Ursa.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Geight posted:

I didn't realize just how hard Death Prophet got nerfed until I was told to mid unexpectedly and picked her without thinking, I think that hero is the big loser of 7.32

only marci, kotl, and np took bigger overall winrate hits, so yeah. pretty bad

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
These are all good tips, thanks gang

Wow Hoodwink looks like she fell out of a different game huh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Deleter posted:

These are all good tips, thanks gang

Wow Hoodwink looks like she fell out of a different game huh

the hero needs removed

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

i love timber but i feel like he's suffered a lot with the death of the solo offlane role, which was my favorite. RIP killing the enemy 1 and 5 at level 6

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Also vessel and all the other healing reduction items in the game now.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Timber was a top tier pro pick (with some players) until 7.32 reworked Reactive Armor

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

yeah no doubt hes still quite good, its just not the same for me. i liked being the underdog and getting solo xp

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

On a related note, is Timber mid a thing? I had one go like 0/6 against a QoP this weekend and then abandon the game after conceding he got outplayed in all chat.

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009

Sab669 posted:

On a related note, is Timber mid a thing? I had one go like 0/6 against a QoP this weekend and then abandon the game after conceding he got outplayed in all chat.

He's extra terrible mid, but there could be scenarios where he isn't terrible. Like I don't think he'd ever do well but certainly may be able to get farm and not be killed by the other mid. There aren't any trees out in the river...

Sounds like you got a bad teammate.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

i think pro teams sometimes pick timber mid to counter other melee mids. like im pretty sure there was a recent one where they picked it into DK. but qop certainly sounds painful

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Played my first turbo game and had a drow freak out over our bristleback running into the enemy team and dying over and over

We won anyway

The flamethrower loving owns and it's very funny seeing timber hump a tower and burn it down

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

johnny park posted:

i think pro teams sometimes pick timber mid to counter other melee mids. like im pretty sure there was a recent one where they picked it into DK. but qop certainly sounds painful

Yea against as melee Strength hero maybe I guess, but other than that I can't fathom thinking to pick it. And even then, I feel like others would do better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
pro teams can do a lot of cool things but often the whole “pro level communication, positioning, and mechanics” gets lost when the strat trickles down to sub-archon turbo games and let me tell you