Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Lol why does everyone keep saying that about dune riding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

TotalLossBrain posted:

Lol why does everyone keep saying that about dune riding

Lol you’ll know once you clean your chain / airbox :D

tbh I just had friends with dedicated sand bikes and I never wanted to subject my CRF250R or 450R to the misery that is sand

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Plus riding sand usually requires higher revs unless you get a paddle. If I'm shopping for a used bike, I would much prefer one that hasn't been in the dunes.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Every beach/sand bike I've worked on has been a hosed piece of poo poo.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I refuse to ride in dunes without paddles.
Regarding maintenance:
The bikes get washed after every trip. I put a silicone headed protectant on them to keep the saltwater air at bay.
I try to clean and lube the chains weekly.
Filter cleaning isn't too bad imo, but it does get old with three bikes.

The oil gets changed more frequently than factory service interval on all three bikes. I lube cables maybe monthly, depending on how much we ride.

I got about 60 hours out of the last rear sprocket I bought for the old EXC250, which isn't great.
Not sure what else I can do, short of not riding them at all

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 24, 2022

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I'm going to go down near Florence or Winchester Bay for some dune riding next weekend. I would have loved to pick a week day but my work schedule isn't allowing for it right now.
So it'll probably be busy AF but I'll give it a try

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Trip report: we went to the northern dunes area near Florence. We did nearly 50 miles and burned 7 gallons between three bikes.
Perfect weather and really not busy at all. The sand was variable. In some places, it was dry, loose and sloppy. Other places, packed and solid.
The riding area was gigantic, including 5+ miles of beach. Tourist dune buggy busses everywhere.
I saw one ranger and one cop. I'm not sure how anything could be enforced by those two in an area that big.
I'll definitely go out that way again. Sandlake is tiny by comparison. Until I get spare rear wheels for all three bikes, I'm not changing from paddles for a while.

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 1, 2022

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

:hellyeah:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Trip report: we went to the northern dunes area near Florence. We did nearly 50 miles and burned 7 gallons between three bikes.
Perfect weather and really not busy at all. The sand was variable. In some places, it was dry, loose and sloppy. Other places, packed and solid.
The riding area was gigantic, including 5+ miles of beach. Tourist dune buggy busses everywhere.
I saw one ranger and one cop. I'm not sure how anything could be enforced by those two in an area that big.
I'll definitely go out that way again. Sandlake is tiny by comparison. Until I get spare rear wheels for all three bikes, I'm not changing from paddles for a while.

Have you been to the dunes just south of Reedsport?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
No, Florence is the furthest south we've been.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

TotalLossBrain posted:

No, Florence is the furthest south we've been.

I just went there and rented atvs with my dad (DONT JUDGE ME!!!) and it was fun. Seems like it’d be a nice area to ride around in once you get past the strip of SxSs drag racing. Sand was a little soft so probably a little less friendly than a Long Beach section but still good.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

builds character posted:

I just went there and rented atvs with my dad (DONT JUDGE ME!!!) and it was fun. Seems like it’d be a nice area to ride around in once you get past the strip of SxSs drag racing. Sand was a little soft so probably a little less friendly than a Long Beach section but still good.

Ban this sick filth

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

builds character posted:

I'm not angry, just disappointed

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

cursedshitbox posted:

Ban this sick filth

Only if I get this as the reason.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

I'm not angry, just disappointed

They didn’t have bikes to rent and mine were 3k miles away. I know, I know, but what can you do?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

builds character posted:

They didn’t have bikes to rent and mine were 3k miles away. I know, I know, but what can you do?

haul your bikes 3k miles in your epic T1n.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

cursedshitbox posted:

haul your bikes 3k miles in your epic T1n.

Not until the AC is fixed! (Back late last night, new hose came while I was gone, should be fixed tomorrow)

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
psh my poo poo hasn't had air since i've owned it. lame excuse. bannable yet again

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

cursedshitbox posted:

psh my poo poo hasn't had air since i've owned it. lame excuse. bannable yet again

You’re a robust and masculine man with more tech in your setup than it takes to run a team of CIA assassins or an F1 pit crew. I am a gentrified snowflake from the big city with a humble 5 cylinder diesel stuffed chock full of junk.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Open a window, take a concrete pill, et al

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

Open a window, take a concrete pill, et al

But I get hot. :ohdear:

Also, if you don’t venture into AI, I have a build thread for my van you might like.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

builds character posted:

But I get hot. :ohdear:

Also, if you don’t venture into AI, I have a build thread for my van you might like.

I have too much PTSD from ten years of being a professional car mechanic so cars just give me a visceral sense of revulsion but I will read your thread.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Weekend adv ride. Not pictured, the KTM that started smoking and leaking oil.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Redvenom posted:

Weekend adv ride. Not pictured, the KTM that started smoking and leaking oil.

Was it a two stroke? :ohdear:

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Luckily no, nothing that would be missed. Just an 1190 or 1290? I forget, there were quite a few KTM's.

Megabook
Mar 13, 2019

Grimey Drawer
I spent Sunday playing around on a Yamaha DT100, a Montessa, a KTM 2 200 stroke of some sort, a Honda 4 ride and my DRZ in a small bomb hole/flint pit on a friend's land. We were mostly making up little trials sections and occasionally just tearing around the fields. It was great fun but now I want a trials bike and my DRZ feels like an absolute tank.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Megabook posted:

I spent Sunday playing around on a Yamaha DT100, a Montessa, a KTM 2 200 stroke of some sort, a Honda 4 ride and my DRZ in a small bomb hole/flint pit on a friend's land. We were mostly making up little trials sections and occasionally just tearing around the fields. It was great fun but now I want a trials bike and my DRZ feels like an absolute tank.

Your DRZ is a tank? That's part of its appeal!

Obviously you should also buy a trials bike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

to be fair, literally every bike feels like a tank next to a trials bike. They dont even have a drat seat

Megabook
Mar 13, 2019

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, some times you want a tank I guess. Everyone else came in a van, I came with a tent on the back of my bike.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I need some feedback on something. Basically I did a full day dirt bike tour in Thailand, and it was kind of a hosed up experience, and i'm just not sure if its my fault, or the tour companies fault, so getting others thoughts would help get some perspective. It's a long story though.

This company offered 3 hour and an all day dirtbike tour, but they heavily recommend the all day tour. They had ATV tours but only for 3 hours. I know the 3 hour tour would feel too short because I did other 3 hour tours that felt too short. This place advertised it caters to any skill level, beginners, intermediate, and advanced, and that it would accommodate whatever skill level you were. Many of the reviews were people saying they had never been on a dirtbike or even a regular motorcycle before, and had a great 5 star time. Reviewers said they got an hour of training, one said they got 2 hours of training. And this business is being advertised to tourists just looking to have fun.

I drove a honda cb750 for about 6 months. I'm an avid cyclist, with over 10k miles logged on strava. I own a pretty powerful e-mountain bike, and ride on beginner mountain bike trails at a pretty quick speed. Havent crashed on a bicycle in over 10 years. So I figured if all these people who have never even been on a motorcycle before, absolute beginners, had a great experience, then there's no reason I shouldn't either.

I didn't get any real training. There was a little practice turn and straight away in an area the size of a small gas station that they recommended I ride around which I did alone for 5 minutes, and the instructor spent a minute explaining how to shift, which I didn't understand because of the language barrier, and that was it, we started the tour. I eventually acquainted myself with shifting through some trial and error during the ride. I did not protest for more proper training because I knew the language thing would be a problem, so instead I made it clear that lets ride slow for the first hour, and figured i'd get the hang of it myself like i've done with countless things like jet skiing, snow boarding, ice skating, etc.

I was the only one on that tour that day, which was a blessing, because I fell off the bike about 12-13 times. I'm not joking, or exaggerating on that number whatsoever. I did the best I could. I hung in there on the route for 5 and a half hours until my strength was gone and had to throw in the towel and we had to get back on the highway to get back to the tour company, and when we got back, it was about the same time as the tour would have been if I was able to complete the route.

Was I an idiot who just bit off way more than I could chew? Do I just suck more than the average first timer? Or was it the tour guide and companies mistake?

About 50 percent of the terrain I was able to handle without struggling. Some if it I was able to do just barely, and some of it I would try and crash, and a couple of spots looked so gnarly to me that I didn't even take the risk to try. We rode through loosely packed sand that almost half the wheel would sink into. I had a real problem with that, and the way it made my bike wobble like a fish on fishing line. We went through big puddles that were knee high, that I was surprised didnt flood the engine. We went on trails no wider than the tires, short bridges barely wider than the tire. Ditches that were difficult to spot. There were very tight turns in dense forest and jungle.There were downhill and uphill parts you had to attack at an angle. There were areas where I had to ride in a previous riders tire track just right, and if I strayed two inches to the side, i'd hit the lip of their tire trail and lose control of the bike and crash. There was recent heavy rain, and heavy rain for 30 minutes in the middle of the tour. There were just a lot of challenges with the terrain that I don't know the terms to explain. Lots of deep grooves and ridges that would make me lose traction and control of the bike.

I realized that the faster i'd go, the more stability i'd have, but I also knew that one high speed crash would likely end the tour right there, cause expensive damage to their bike and possible big fines for me, and maybe seriously injure myself. I was able to get up and keep going after a dozen crashes because they happened at low speed. I realized that much of the difficult terrain required confidence, because you had to go fast and couldn't stop. I did not have the experience that creates such confidence. And after so many crashes, I couldn't fool myself into being confident.

The tour guide was very frustrated with me, as I was with him. He was frustrated with how many times I crashed. And how he had to turn around and help me get the bike back up some of the time. He was frustrated with how slow I was going, and how it would gently caress with our route and timing. He was frustrated with the couple spots I refused to ride through and had him ride my bike through it. He was frustrated with me burning up the clutch, or not being in the right gear. He was frustrated with me getting the bike stuck when stopping in a soft spot. He was frustrated with me using the brakes too much when going downhill and us having to stop and pour water to cool down the brake calipers. He was frustrated with me for asking stupid questions like what to do about my goggles getting fogged up. And he was frustrated with the language barrier as much as I was, and how awkward it made the lunch with just us two.

I was frustrated with how far he rode ahead of me, and how impatient he was. I was frustrated how he stayed far ahead of me after passing forks in the trail, and having to toss a coin and guess which way he went, then finding out I probably guessed wrong, and having to wait and honk my horn for him to find me, then him being upset and asking me why I didn't see which way he went, and me not being able to tell him its because he's too far away and that my eyes need to be on the terrain i'm struggling with, because of the language barrier. I was frustrated how he let us get separated 5 times. I was frustrated how he would say I was too scared when I refused to try a steep uphill part, because I knew he wouldn't understand if I tried to explain to him that I didn't want to break their bike.

I was frustrated how after he saw me fall off the bike 12 times, he continued to lead me into terrain that just kept increasing in difficulty. I was frustrated how when a vine got caught on my boot and made me crash, he told me I crashed because I hit the front break too hard, and shook his head in disbelief when I pointed at the vine and told him thats what made me crash.

I was frustrated how he didn't seem to realize that my strength and hydration level was at a much different level than his because he fell off his bike a dozen fewer times than I did. I was frustrated with feeling like a weak pussy for asking to stop to catch my breath and drink water so I wouldn't get a heat stroke, because he didn't call for a water break like a competent guide would have done. I was frustrated when he told me that 98 percent of riders were able to do something I was unable to do. I was frustrated with the feeling that this was his tour and that I was just a tag along, instead of it being my tour. I was frustrated by the fact that not having any other customers to worry about should have only made it easier for him to accommodate my skill level, yet he didn't, or was unable to.

There were a handful of moments of saying "Are you loving serious?" to myself when seeing a new area of terrain we were riding into, and even laughing out loud because it started to get so ridiculous and surreal that it was funny. Then we started going up a forest mountain. Going through areas that I could not physically get my tall and slightly wide body through without shrubbery stopping me. Big rocks sticking out of the ground, thick roots crossing the path, vines hanging around me, all kinds of poo poo in narrow and steep uphill and downhill turns. Areas where I doubt weekend hikers would walk through. Areas I saw nor heard any other dirt bikers around, where I had seen others earlier in the tour.

Since my strength was depleted and the ride was only getting more challenging I had no choice but to call time. Because of this abrupt and unexpected end, in order to get back on the road fastest, he had us bike through 5ft tall bushes. There was no dirt or ground below me, only the bush I was riding over. I could only see the next bush in front of me a foot away. But finally we got to the road and I at least got to end the tour with some chilled out on road riding.

After showering, changing my clothes, and having a cold drink (the company did these other aspects well), I decided to give the tour guide a tip. As a peace offering, and because I know regardless of who's at fault, it was a hard as gently caress day for him too and he's not paid much. But he must have been pretty upset with me because he didn't even try taking the frown off his face when I handed him 3 days of pay. They didn't fine me for bike damage, and I don't think they're going to try to mail me a fine, so I appreciate that. I know I hosed up the horn button, and I think I broke what were turn signal buttons. And I likely added many new scratches to the fairing and maybe a dent on the exhaust.

Try comparing this to your first time on a dirtbike, and not to your current experienced selves now. A part of me feels they hosed up by not giving me at least an hour of training, and did not put me on a route that was suitable for my skill level. But another part of me feels like I was naive and foolish to even do this for a first time ride, and that the company isn't responsible for user reviews that I let influence my decision to do it.

I wouldn't be like, hey come learn guitar, I cater to beginners. oh this is the first time you've had a guitar in your lap? go ahead and tune to open e, capo the 5th fret, and go ahead and strum a nice folk chord progression so we can use that for your awesome travis meeks acoustic solo. Dude wtf are you doing? Why is the guitar facing the ceiling? 98 percent of students did this just fine.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

ChocNitty posted:

I need some feedback on something. Basically I did a full day dirt bike tour in Thailand, and it was kind of a hosed up experience, and i'm just not sure if its my fault, or the tour companies fault, so getting others thoughts would help get some perspective. It's a long story though.

This company offered 3 hour and an all day dirtbike tour, but they heavily recommend the all day tour. They had ATV tours but only for 3 hours. I know the 3 hour tour would feel too short because I did other 3 hour tours that felt too short. This place advertised it caters to any skill level, beginners, intermediate, and advanced, and that it would accommodate whatever skill level you were. Many of the reviews were people saying they had never been on a dirtbike or even a regular motorcycle before, and had a great 5 star time. Reviewers said they got an hour of training, one said they got 2 hours of training. And this business is being advertised to tourists just looking to have fun.

I drove a honda cb750 for about 6 months. I'm an avid cyclist, with over 10k miles logged on strava. I own a pretty powerful e-mountain bike, and ride on beginner mountain bike trails at a pretty quick speed. Havent crashed on a bicycle in over 10 years. So I figured if all these people who have never even been on a motorcycle before, absolute beginners, had a great experience, then there's no reason I shouldn't either.

I didn't get any real training. There was a little practice turn and straight away in an area the size of a small gas station that they recommended I ride around which I did alone for 5 minutes, and the instructor spent a minute explaining how to shift, which I didn't understand because of the language barrier, and that was it, we started the tour. I eventually acquainted myself with shifting through some trial and error during the ride. I did not protest for more proper training because I knew the language thing would be a problem, so instead I made it clear that lets ride slow for the first hour, and figured i'd get the hang of it myself like i've done with countless things like jet skiing, snow boarding, ice skating, etc.

I was the only one on that tour that day, which was a blessing, because I fell off the bike about 12-13 times. I'm not joking, or exaggerating on that number whatsoever. I did the best I could. I hung in there on the route for 5 and a half hours until my strength was gone and had to throw in the towel and we had to get back on the highway to get back to the tour company, and when we got back, it was about the same time as the tour would have been if I was able to complete the route.

Was I an idiot who just bit off way more than I could chew? Do I just suck more than the average first timer? Or was it the tour guide and companies mistake?

About 50 percent of the terrain I was able to handle without struggling. Some if it I was able to do just barely, and some of it I would try and crash, and a couple of spots looked so gnarly to me that I didn't even take the risk to try. We rode through loosely packed sand that almost half the wheel would sink into. I had a real problem with that, and the way it made my bike wobble like a fish on fishing line. We went through big puddles that were knee high, that I was surprised didnt flood the engine. We went on trails no wider than the tires, short bridges barely wider than the tire. Ditches that were difficult to spot. There were very tight turns in dense forest and jungle.There were downhill and uphill parts you had to attack at an angle. There were areas where I had to ride in a previous riders tire track just right, and if I strayed two inches to the side, i'd hit the lip of their tire trail and lose control of the bike and crash. There was recent heavy rain, and heavy rain for 30 minutes in the middle of the tour. There were just a lot of challenges with the terrain that I don't know the terms to explain. Lots of deep grooves and ridges that would make me lose traction and control of the bike.

I realized that the faster i'd go, the more stability i'd have, but I also knew that one high speed crash would likely end the tour right there, cause expensive damage to their bike and possible big fines for me, and maybe seriously injure myself. I was able to get up and keep going after a dozen crashes because they happened at low speed. I realized that much of the difficult terrain required confidence, because you had to go fast and couldn't stop. I did not have the experience that creates such confidence. And after so many crashes, I couldn't fool myself into being confident.

The tour guide was very frustrated with me, as I was with him. He was frustrated with how many times I crashed. And how he had to turn around and help me get the bike back up some of the time. He was frustrated with how slow I was going, and how it would gently caress with our route and timing. He was frustrated with the couple spots I refused to ride through and had him ride my bike through it. He was frustrated with me burning up the clutch, or not being in the right gear. He was frustrated with me getting the bike stuck when stopping in a soft spot. He was frustrated with me using the brakes too much when going downhill and us having to stop and pour water to cool down the brake calipers. He was frustrated with me for asking stupid questions like what to do about my goggles getting fogged up. And he was frustrated with the language barrier as much as I was, and how awkward it made the lunch with just us two.

I was frustrated with how far he rode ahead of me, and how impatient he was. I was frustrated how he stayed far ahead of me after passing forks in the trail, and having to toss a coin and guess which way he went, then finding out I probably guessed wrong, and having to wait and honk my horn for him to find me, then him being upset and asking me why I didn't see which way he went, and me not being able to tell him its because he's too far away and that my eyes need to be on the terrain i'm struggling with, because of the language barrier. I was frustrated how he let us get separated 5 times. I was frustrated how he would say I was too scared when I refused to try a steep uphill part, because I knew he wouldn't understand if I tried to explain to him that I didn't want to break their bike.

I was frustrated how after he saw me fall off the bike 12 times, he continued to lead me into terrain that just kept increasing in difficulty. I was frustrated how when a vine got caught on my boot and made me crash, he told me I crashed because I hit the front break too hard, and shook his head in disbelief when I pointed at the vine and told him thats what made me crash.

I was frustrated how he didn't seem to realize that my strength and hydration level was at a much different level than his because he fell off his bike a dozen fewer times than I did. I was frustrated with feeling like a weak pussy for asking to stop to catch my breath and drink water so I wouldn't get a heat stroke, because he didn't call for a water break like a competent guide would have done. I was frustrated when he told me that 98 percent of riders were able to do something I was unable to do. I was frustrated with the feeling that this was his tour and that I was just a tag along, instead of it being my tour. I was frustrated by the fact that not having any other customers to worry about should have only made it easier for him to accommodate my skill level, yet he didn't, or was unable to.

There were a handful of moments of saying "Are you loving serious?" to myself when seeing a new area of terrain we were riding into, and even laughing out loud because it started to get so ridiculous and surreal that it was funny. Then we started going up a forest mountain. Going through areas that I could not physically get my tall and slightly wide body through without shrubbery stopping me. Big rocks sticking out of the ground, thick roots crossing the path, vines hanging around me, all kinds of poo poo in narrow and steep uphill and downhill turns. Areas where I doubt weekend hikers would walk through. Areas I saw nor heard any other dirt bikers around, where I had seen others earlier in the tour.

Since my strength was depleted and the ride was only getting more challenging I had no choice but to call time. Because of this abrupt and unexpected end, in order to get back on the road fastest, he had us bike through 5ft tall bushes. There was no dirt or ground below me, only the bush I was riding over. I could only see the next bush in front of me a foot away. But finally we got to the road and I at least got to end the tour with some chilled out on road riding.

After showering, changing my clothes, and having a cold drink (the company did these other aspects well), I decided to give the tour guide a tip. As a peace offering, and because I know regardless of who's at fault, it was a hard as gently caress day for him too and he's not paid much. But he must have been pretty upset with me because he didn't even try taking the frown off his face when I handed him 3 days of pay. They didn't fine me for bike damage, and I don't think they're going to try to mail me a fine, so I appreciate that. I know I hosed up the horn button, and I think I broke what were turn signal buttons. And I likely added many new scratches to the fairing and maybe a dent on the exhaust.

Try comparing this to your first time on a dirtbike, and not to your current experienced selves now. A part of me feels they hosed up by not giving me at least an hour of training, and did not put me on a route that was suitable for my skill level. But another part of me feels like I was naive and foolish to even do this for a first time ride, and that the company isn't responsible for user reviews that I let influence my decision to do it.

I wouldn't be like, hey come learn guitar, I cater to beginners. oh this is the first time you've had a guitar in your lap? go ahead and tune to open e, capo the 5th fret, and go ahead and strum a nice folk chord progression so we can use that for your awesome travis meeks acoustic solo. Dude wtf are you doing? Why is the guitar facing the ceiling? 98 percent of students did this just fine.

try squeezing the bike more with your legs and keep your hands light

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
Sure that’s a lot to put a beginner through but like, it’s also what you signed up for. That you didn’t ask questions ahead of time, language barrier or not, is on you.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

A whole day trip sounds intense. I don't think anyone who has never ridden a dirt bike before would be able to do that, but perhaps i am wrong.

That said, the instructor/guide should've recognized that you're struggling and suggested easier routes, or to turn back after a few hours and only ask you to pay for the 3 hour trip.
Imho the instructor should also be behind you, not in front of you, staying in contact via an intercom system (can be as simple as 2 walkie talkies with an earpiece, doesn't cost poo poo)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also, falling off is just part of dirt biking, especially so in the beginning

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

ChocNitty posted:

lmao lmao lmao

also it's your fault you loving idiot, who the gently caress signs up for a dirt biking tour in a foreign country without knowing how a motorcycle even operates

i'm lol'ing big at the fact that CA has come full circle with "i have a high powered mustang, i can handle a motorcycle" to "i have a high powered e-bicycle i can handle a motorcycle" :masterstroke:

Razzled fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 29, 2022

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
the first time i rode a dirt bike it was my little sisters rm85 and i whiskey throttled it from a stop to both wheels off the ground upside down off a dirt pile into a briar patch and ive never been the same since

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

not sure if thats my fault or my sisters tbh, thoughts?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Sounds like that dude was annoyed he had to do all that work for one paying customer instead of multiple paying customers

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

500excf type r posted:

the first time i rode a dirt bike it was my little sisters rm85 and i whiskey throttled it from a stop to both wheels off the ground upside down off a dirt pile into a briar patch and ive never been the same since

This was my exact experience as well, but on my friend's little sister's KX60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Your own expectations set up your disappointment and the guide was total poo poo.